Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: An unexpected loss to an unexpected gain (Closed)  (Read 7944 times)

Anonymous

An unexpected loss to an unexpected gain (Closed)
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:37:20 am »
[OOC Short and crappy >.< Just wrote it to move Setrul and Farica's story along
Read at own risk o.O I don't write my best material when it's mostly for myself o.O]

Setrul paused to stretch; he’d been looking at the computer screen for ages now. But it still seemed there was only one Lanaerian left in Aedolis and that was the pilot. Soon they would have to call it a day and leave, and with the state Farica was in, the sooner the better.

He glanced across at his co-pilot; she was asleep for now thankfully and better off that way. Since they had arrived on the outskirts of Haviah, she had kept hearing all the psychic noise from the pilots, dragons and other psychics in the city. She couldn’t sleep and could barely hear herself think because of it. A couple of hours ago she had finally fainted from the stress of it all. At least for now she had some respite from it.

Their ship, the Teigrin was quiet at the moment, he was busy, Farica was asleep and Forever had gone to get supplies. He was a little worried about her but she was a mage not a psychic so he doubted she’d be in too much danger. She had been gone a while though…No he was just being silly, it was a fair walk from the shops to the Teigrin and her legs were shorter than his.

He turned back to the computer but then he heard Farica’s voice, “Setrul…”

When he turned to her she still looked tired and strained as she had before, but they’d probably be leaving soon and could get away from the awful place.

“It’s Forever…”

“What? What is it?” he asked as he went to sit down next to her.

“Whilst I was asleep…I saw her…She’s…she’s dead…”

“What? Are you sure?”

Farica nodded grimly, “Yeah…I don’t know all the details but a demon attacked her with something strange…She just collapsed to floor and was bleeding from everywhere…”

No, Forever couldn’t die that easily! If she was dead then who’d stop the regent of Lanaes. She had to go back and be queen. But wait, blood loss didn’t always kill you.

“Maybe there’s still time,” he said desperately, “I could run into Haviah and…”

Farica cut him off, “It’s too late…”

He didn’t want to believe it. Forever had travelled with the pair a few months and she was a close friend to them, and almost like family…She couldn’t have died so easily could she?

“I still have to try,” he said starting to get up.

“Setrul…she’s dead, I felt her life leave her…She’s not coming back…And the way he killed her…even if she wasn’t dead you wouldn’t be able to help her.”

Setrul frowned, “I’ll go kill the bastard that did that to her then!”

“He was a demon; you’ll be no match against his. Don’t you go and die too…”

He growled slightly. This was his fault. He shouldn’t have let her go alone. Or better yet he should have gone. At least then she wouldn’t be dead, and to die from something they hadn’t even expected. He should not have let her talk him into going by herself. And now she was dead! It was all his fault…

Farica then gasped, breaking him from his musings.

“I feel strange…” she said obviously worried.

Her body started crackling with electricity. That couldn’t be good. Setrul grabbed her and held her to him. He was getting shocked as well, but hopefully she wouldn’t be as frightened. After failing his friend he was not going to fail the one who was like a sister to him.

Her eyes widened and she looked up at him, “Setrul let go of me! If you don’t you’re going to get hurt!”

“No,” he replied.

The electricity started getting stronger and began hitting the sides of the room. Then Farica’s body started to glow a pale blue and gradually got brighter and brighter until he couldn’t even see her in front of him.

For a moment there was only the light but then a wave of energy struck him. He felt Farica slip from his arms as the whole world went black.

--------------------

Latona soared towards the outskirts of the city, having wings came in handy. She had been writing a reply on the pilot’s blog and suddenly they’d been a big flash of light that made the lights in her room flicker. None of the other pilots seemed that interested so she had gone to investigate herself. She just had a funny feeling about it. The light had faded toward the outskirts of the city and if it could originate from there and reach the ATC then it really was unusual.

As she neared the run-down area on the edge of Haviah, she was able to see a ship. It was small and pretty but looked like the insides had exploded and it was crackling with electricity. Not normal electricity however, bluish purple electricity, the kind that some psychics had. As well as that she could clearly sense not one but two psychics down there. That was good, she could rub this is Seiteki’s face later.

She floated down and landed a few feet from the ship, around it were a few dead animals; most likely killed by the shock. She cautiously approached the ship, there were two psychics but with the interference from the lightning it was hard to tell how powerful they were.

“Do you want me to make an appearance?” Tenebrous asked.

“Yeah…Anyone strong enough to do this is almost certainly dangerous.”

Latona had very little fear, but she wasn’t entirely stupid. She knew when rushing in was a bad idea. Her years as a candidate had taught her that at least.

As she entered the ship she had to duck sharply to avoid being electrocuted…perhaps some kind of shield was in order…She focused her powers into a sort of barrier around her body. The electricity still came but just dissolved on contact with the shield.

The room, which was obviously the living area of the ship, was in disarray, it was as if everything in it had been lifted with telekinesis then dropped suddenly. Which considering there were psychics here was possible.

“Hello?”

The room was silent, it was kind of scary…But then she heard breathing from the other side of the over-turned table. Slowly she walked up to it about to peer over the side. That would be a bit reckless though…reckless was her middle name but…she wasn’t going to risk it.

Instead she opted for lifting it with her powers and readying herself for a psychic blast.

But it didn’t come, laid on the floor behind the table with two unconscious humans. A blonde female and a dark haired male, and obviously they were the psychics she’d been sensing. They didn’t look much younger than her though. It was strange they hadn’t been noticed before. Unless they were wanderers, maybe space pirates. A pirate crew of two was a little strange though.

She walked across to them and nudged the girl with her foot.

“Hey. You alright?”

--------------------

Farcia’s head hurt…Not as badly as it had before though…In fact in relation she was feeling much better. How had that happened? As her feeling returned she realised she was laid on something warm and breathing….Setrul?

Wait, now she remembered! She was alive! And so was he, thank god she hadn’t killed him. Her mini celebration was interrupted however when she suddenly felt a foot jabbing her in the ribs and a female voice.

“Hey. You alright?”

“Stop kicking me…” she whined.

Farica opened her eyes and looked up at the owner of the voice.

“Wow…”

She was an angel…Okay she probably wasn’t but she certainly looked like one; white wings, white hair and almost unnaturally pale blue eyes.

“Who are you?”

--------------------

When the girl opened her eyes, the energy in the room dropped a little. Which meant she was clearly the more powerful of the two, her waking had subdued the lightning as well. Whether unconsciously or consciously, Latona didn’t know.

She laughed slightly when the girl said ‘Wow’. Yeah, she had that effect on a lot of people when they first saw her. And she suspected a winged person being the first thing you see after waking up from something dangerous would make you think ‘angel’. But she was no angel.

“The name’s Latona,” she said kneeling down and helping the girl into a sitting position.

Maybe she wouldn’t tell her yet she was a pilot…Psychics didn’t tend to like them…And she made sure to mask the fact she was one. This girl might be powerful enough to see through it, but she’d wait and see.

“I was passing and this light suddenly appeared. Did that have anything to do with you?”

The boy was still unconscious, but he seemed okay. He was breathing, so that had to be a good sign.

--------------------

“Latona, huh?” she said, “My name’s Farica.”

Latona helped her sit up, which was good because she didn’t know if she could manage it by self. She felt sort of numb and weak. Setrul was still out of it…She shook him a few times to try and rouse him but nothing. Hopefully he was okay.

“This is Setrul,” she replied.

---------------------

Latona shook Setrul herself and discovered that he was not waking up anytime soon. What the hell had happened to them both anyway? Had they been fighting each other? Was that were the blast came from?

“What happened to you two anyway? The ship was crackling when I first came in.”

They seemed to be okay with each other, Farica certainly didn’t look like she hated Setrul. So what had it been?”

---------------------

Farica paused for a minute; even she wasn’t sure what had happened…Latona had said she’d seen a light. Whatever had happened to her had caused a really bright light.        

“Hang on,” Farica thought, “I sense another psychic nearby…”

She glanced at Latona…no it wasn’t her. Then she glanced at Setrul…He had the aura of a psychic now! How had that happened?

Farica had been able to hear all the background noise from the city then it had suddenly stopped and the light came from her. What did that mean?

---------------------

Little did Farica know but to Latona her mind was an open book. At first she thought Farica must be a really weak psychic if she couldn’t block the noise from the city out. But then again if she had heard all it at once including the dragons, that was pretty impressive. And it seemed Setrul had not been a psychic until just now. Was it possible her psychic blast had mutated his brain into something else?

Latona had never heard of anything like that before…And if that was the case Farica had a very rare ability. Latona had heard of psychics short-circuiting before but not still surviving after it with no obvious mental damage. Seiteki hadn’t been interested but Farica was certainly a rare find. TRIM would love to get their hands on her no doubt.

She then turned her attention to the boy, he was now a psychic as well but that didn’t mean to say his mind was still intact. Subtly she delved into his mind…his dreams seemed normal. He had a bad headache forming that would attack him when he woke up, but his thoughts seemed normal…

“I think we’d better get some help for your friend,” Latona said.
     She picked the boy up and slid him over her shoulder. For a woman she was surprisingly strong but as the wings indicated she wasn’t human.

---------------------

Farica couldn’t believe it; she could not have made Setrul into a psychic. Something like that blast should have killed both of them, especially Setrul. Hs brain shouldn’t be able to cope with it. But he was unconscious so maybe it wasn’t coping…No she had to believe he was okay, they had lost Forever she would not lose him.

She was amazed when Latona lifted Setrul up onto her shoulder so easily. Her shoulders probably had to be strong to allow her to fly. That was assuming the wings actually worked and weren’t just a cosmetic implant.

Farica managed to struggle to her feet, but had to lean on the other woman for support, hopefully she wouldn’t mind.

“Where are you going to take him, Latona?”

---------------------

She started heading down the ramp, “For medical attention, what else.”

As she reached the bottom the ground suddenly shook as if something heavy had landed…Please no…

She looked to her right and her fears were confirmed, Tenebrous was stood there in all his unsubtle glory.

“You idiot!” Latona mentally screamed at him, “I didn’t need you. I was handling it fine!”

“Why didn’t you tell me not to approach then?” he replied.

“Because I thought you’d check before making a scene!”

---------------------

Farica was horrified when the dragon appeared. It was huge and purple with mechanical parts covering much of its body. It was also wearing a stupid looking helmet but she didn’t have time to dwell on it through thinking it was going to eat her.

“Oh…my….god…”

Latona didn’t seem scared of it at all. In fact she was frowning at it…Wait, frowning? Farica looked into both Latona’s and the dragon’s eyes. And there was clearly some kind of psychic conversation going on. But only pilots had dragons…

Latona must be a pilot! She hadn’t sensed any psychic abilities from her, but a trained psychic could easily hide their aura.

Farica quickly grabbed Setrul and started to run. However without anything to lean on she simply collapsed on the ground in a heap clutching her friend.

“You’re a pilot!”

---------------------

So, Farica had figured it out…maybe she’d been a little careless… Tenebrous probably hadn’t helped. Too late now.

“Yes, I am,” Latona replied, “Pilot Cardinal Latona Eisurin. And since you two are psychics as well I am obligated to take to back to the ATC.”

She almost felt bad for the two kids. Setrul was going to become a candidate even though he’d only just become a psychic. Whatever unfortunate person got him to train would have a lot of work on their hands…And she suspected since she’d found him, she would get landed with him…Great…

Latona started to walk towards the pair, whilst Tenebrous went behind them, cutting off their escape. Not that Farica could run anyway.

She gestured slightly and Farica suddenly started floated a few feet from the ground. The gesture wasn’t necessary really, it just looked impressive.

“I’m going to give you a choice. I can help you walk to the ATC of your own free will. Or I can drag you. Which would you rather have? I know you can’t break out of my hold, you aren’t strong enough.”

---------------------

Farica glared at Latona, but unfortunately the pilot was right. She just couldn’t break free. Even if she was at full strength she couldn’t she as not match for a trained pilot. Setrul was lying on the ground a few feet away. She looked towards him and was rather surprised when he opened his eyes slightly and winked at her. Wait! How long had he been awake! She was going to kill him when Latona released her.

At least he was okay though and didn’t seem worse for wear considering he’d just be turned into a psychic. Hopefully he had a plan. Being stuck between a trained psychic who was unnaturally strong and gigantic dragon was not a good place to be.

---------------------

Latona walked towards Farica when she didn’t answer, “Why must you make things hard on yourself. If you refuse, someone with your ability will end up at TRIM. And I’m sure they’ll be very interested in you.”

“Latona look out!”

The next thing she knew something pushed her onto the ground and pinned her down. She barely had time to register what it was before Tenebrous pulled it off her with his own psychic powers.

She got to her feet, now very annoyed and looked at what had attacked her. It was the boy. He had been fucking comatose a minute ago! Why hadn’t she paid more attention to him?

“I keep telling you you’re too careless.”

“Shut up Tenebrous,” she replied.

---------------------

Farica groaned when Setrul just flung himself at Latona. That was incredibly stupid and not the kind of plan she had been hoping for. Sure some psychics were physically inferior but hadn’t he realised how easily she had lifted him? Maybe he wasn’t conscious then…

He was horrified when the dragon lifted him off the pilot but quickly changed his expression to his usually cheeky smile.

“And to think I thought the dragon was just for show.”

“Setrul shut up!”

She had always been able to use telepathy but Setrul hadn’t been able to talk back. It was doubtful he’d be able to at that moment but in the future, possibly.

---------------------

Latona glared at Setrul, “I’ll tell you what I told your little girlfriend. Walk to the ATC or be dragged. Decide now, I haven’t got all day.”

That little stunt was going to cost him. If she did get him as her candidate she was going to make his life hell. She’d been told by the other pilots not to but at that moment she didn’t give a damn. If they chose dragged she was going to make it as unpleasant as possible. Maybe she could attach them with a psychic rope to Tenebrous’ tail and fly back to the ATC on him as a sort of improvised keel-haul.

The higher ups would be very annoyed if she did that though…She wondered if Tenebrous said it was okay if she’d not get in trouble.

“That plan sounds interesting apart from the ‘using my tail’ part.”

Alright, that idea was out.

“You have thirty seconds to make up your mind.”

---------------------

Farica thought, “Please don’t say something stupid Setrul, please don’t say something stupid Setrul,” over and over.    

She doubted it would work.

“We’re not going with you, bitch so give it up already.”

Yes Setrul was quite possibly the dumbest person in the room…ship…area….Maybe even the city…Nah he couldn’t be that stupid could he?

---------------------

Latona frowned, “You have selected dragged. Very well then.”

“Tenebrous you can go home now if you want, I can deal with this.”

He didn’t bother answering, just flapped his wings and flew off.

“Right now, you’re all mine.”

She pulled them along behind her as she flew up into the sky and headed back to the ATC. That had been quite a productive evening. She’d caught two psychics and maybe if she pleaded enough they’d let her train the girl. She was much smarter than her male counterpart and wouldn’t need to be trained from scratch. She already had some grasp of her powers. Setrul however didn’t even know the basics.

They flew for a while before she landed them in front of the building and headed inside. She got a few odd glances from people in the corridors. But she just continued down until she found an empty room.

“Get in,” she said as she floated them into it.
     Once they were, she shut the door and released her hold on them. She’d have to go register them in a minute. First however she opened the little window to see into the room.

Using her powers from behind the glass she opened on of the closets doors and pulled out two grey uniforms, one male one female.

“Put these one, someone will come to deal with you shortly. And if you don’t like changing in front of one another, then tough.”

Shutting the door she marched off down the corridor.

---------------------

Farica and Setrul had gotten themselves into some messes before but never one like that. And this time, with them both captured by a government military no less; they had little chance of escape.

She was shocked when Latona suddenly flew up and dragged then with her forcing them to look all the way down at the city on the way. It was a good thing neither of them were afraid of heights. When they had reached their destination Latona shoved them in some room and told them to put some uniforms on.

Setrul sighed as he sat down on the floor, “I don’t think we’re escaping from this one.”

Farica sat down next to him, “Yeah, this has to be the worst of the lot.”

“First we lose Forever, now this…”

It wasn’t fair really. In the course of a day they had lost their friend and their freedom. They had gained something, Setrul’s psychic abilities but it wasn’t worth it…

“Are you okay?” she asked.

He nodded, “I have a bit of a headache and I keep hearing whispering noises but other than that, yeah I guess.”

That was good; at least it wasn’t causing him too much pain. Or he was being his usual self and not telling her the whole truth.

She sighed, “I suppose we’d better do as the bitch said.”

“Yeah,” Setrul replied, “Ladies first, don’t worry I won’t look.”
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal