Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Nitrogen-Based Discipline (mdu)  (Read 3975 times)

Anonymous

Nitrogen-Based Discipline (mdu)
« on: June 12, 2008, 06:24:56 pm »
((OOC: I left the message open; I have little idea who'd even be sending it. :D )

Tetra had been pacing Wing Alpha for quite a while, mainly to unnerve the experiments. Every so often he would cast a condemning glance into one of the cells, causing some occupants to scowl or curse under their breaths, others to cower, and some to pay absolutely no attention, still writhing or scratching or being otherwise tormented by the effects of Tetra's latest failed viruses. Watching Mae perform tests on subjects whom he didn't like usually put Tetra in a good mood, but he was put off to no end now that he had to find a different subject for his virus. Number 616037564—or Hendrik, as Mae insisted on calling him—had been a perfect specimen. However, he was almost completely useless now; vampires were not susceptible to viruses, and Tetra could think of no more efficient mechanism by which to alter DNA. Such a pity...

He ran one hand through his hair and sighed. He was a bit more than halfway through the wing, and yet hadn't found a suitable subject. His other hand clutched a syringe and a fresh hypodermic needle, some cotton balls, and a few bandages. No latex gloves, however... he had never had any luck with them. Claws did tend to pierce through things... however, he had gotten very good at avoiding caustic substances, and was a difficult one to infect due to his variable body temperature. I was made to work in such a facility as this, he thought proudly.

He looked dispassionately into a few more cells, and a thought hit him. Edanith. He smirked rather malevolently and turned around, increasing his pace to a speed which most species would consider "running". Why should I waste my time meandering around Wing Alpha when I could just go ask?

He arrived at the main hub of TRIM in something close to record time. "You," he said, confronting a woman at a video screen. She turned around, looking startled. "Have we received any transmissions from Edanith, regarding possible test subjects?"

The woman held a button on the headset she was wearing. "Indeed, Doctor Zarovia. We received one this morning, as well as the mage that goes with it. He is designated '102379', and being held in Wing Alpha..." She turned and made a few quick keystrokes. A compact printer-slot embedded in her console spat out a map. "...Right here. Would you like to see the transmission, or..."

"Of course," said Tetra, drumming his nails on her desk. "It would be impolite to just borrow someone's mage without telling him." The woman called up the message and handed Tetra a headset. Ill-fitting though it was, he put it on. She struck a key, and the transmission began. Tetra watched it to the end, pleased at his good fortune. He held the same button the woman had held earlier. "Reply," he commanded. The woman touched a key and a recording screen popped up. She moved out of the way as Tetra thought about what he would say. It would definitely be interesting if they remembered my name. He snickered to himself. Tetra Zarovia, the son of the excommunicated Edanithian geneticist. He pushed the record button.

"Thank you for choosing TRIM, the most secure and trusted torture facility in the known universe since it was founded. We are grateful to have your troublesome mage here. We will definitely instill a sense of respect in him over the course of his stay here..." he smiled unnervingly, "and we promise he will return to you a changed man. One way or another. Rest assured that he will be returned to you in perfect working order. He is presently in the care of Senior Geneticist Tetra Zarovia." Tetra twisted a lock of hair around one of his fingers. "We will return him upon request, otherwise we will run a few tests on him and then give him back. Again, thank you for your patronage of our research."
Tetra pressed the button again and silently handed the headset back to the woman, wandering off toward Wing Alpha.

He found the cell with a minimum of difficulty, opened the door, and quickly stepped in. "Good news, 102379. You didn't get one of the crazy scientists." He set out his instruments on a small table in the corner of the room, which was far too short. "Good afternoon. I am Doctor Tetra Zarovia... but you may call me sir."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Nitrogen-Based Discipline (mdu)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 12:57:01 am »
Three months prior, 102379 had been forced to fight a bloodsucking mage. When he had not produced his master's desired outcome had been beaten and mentally tortured across his mind-link. His master had been repromanded and 102379 had been removed from service.

102379 had been in the hospital since the mage had escaped and was now at a level where he could be sent back to work. He was expecting to be reassigned any day now. Since being here he had been healed to a level that he had not been in seven years. It nolonger hurt to move, he had regular feeding times, excersize that didn't involve being beaten, he nolonger wore the headband that had been drilled into his head and he had not been tortured since coming here. He still looked undernourished and still had scars criss-crossing his body but he was stronger than he had ever been.

As grateful as he was for all the kindness the staff had shown him, he truly believed that he deserved the treatment his master gave him.

102379 was now naked in a warm, white cell within the hospital wing. He heard footsteps coming towards his cell so he uncurled himself from the corner of the room, stood up and saluted. There were voices yelling.

'No, I will not allow it. Please tell him that Zelo isn't ready,' shouted a female voice.
'Stand down mage. Doctor, control your mage,' said an authorative voice.
'Emma, settle. It is not our business what the captain wants done with Zelo,' said a calmer, older voice. Probably the Doctor.
'But, but TRIM. He's only just back to normal mental levels, and he still flinches when anyone says the Captain's name. What's he done to deserve that?' protested Emma.
'It is for Captain Kaenos to decide,' said the authorative man.

102379 cowered and stepped back as the door was open. He would obey whatever was decided. He stiffened and looked ahead.
'Are you 102379?' asked a man in full uniform.
102379 nodded. A shift was pulled over his head and he was chained up. He looked ahead and followed obediently as he was pulled from the room.
'Is that really nessecary?' asked the doctor.
'Captain's orders.'

102379 was teleported to the from desk at TRIM. By then he was trembling with fear and had to control his breathing to keep from crying out. He had heard terrible stories about what they did here, mainly from his master. After the soldier pulling him and the man behind the front desk finished talking he was taken to a small cell. When he was unchained and locked in he curled up in the corner. What were they going to do to him? Remove his organs, inject him with various chemicals to see how much pain he could handle before dryin, force him to enhance his own pain or use his own elementalism against him? Make him freeze the water in his blood or set fire to his own heart? After what he did, he truly deserved anything they did to him.

He remained curled up in the corner, shaking and sweating with fear before he heard the door click. He stood up and salulted obediently. A tall and well, twisted man came in.

Good news, 102379. You didn't get one of the crazy scientists. The man placed some tools on the table next to 102379's chart. Good afternoon. I am Doctor Tetra Zarovia... but you may call me sir. He was the type of man that looked like he was going to enjoy what he did to 102379. 102379's knees buckled and he went into a full bow. He placed his head in front of the man's feet so that if the scientist wished, he could be kicked more easily. He closed his eyes, waiting for some sort of torture to begin.

'Y-y-yes, Ssssssir,' muttered 102379. His voice almost cracked with fear, hopefully the scientist wouldn't take it as disobedience that he had fallen.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 10:54:58 am »
Tetra was impressed, without a doubt. The mage saluted automatically as the door was open, and the mere sound of his voice (or the sight of his face; it could have been either) caused his knees to lose strength. He looks like he's never seen a lucidius before.

The scientist knelt, noticing that this mage was quite short, even for a human. That is probably due to the way they treat mages on Edanith. I've seen worse cases than this. He took the young man's chin in his hand, scratching his cheek with one long claw. "You're certainly a submissive one, aren't you?" He rose to his feet, still hunched over. "Stand."

Tetra took the thin vial containing the virus from his coat pocket. "This is a standard DNA-altering virus. Symptoms: itching, inflammation, dizziness, double vision, fainting, and utterly insane headaches. If it works properly, you should be a mage and a psychic by the end of the week." He gave Zelo a smile like an axe murderer, which, if it weren't for Tetra's pointed teeth, would have looked more like a used-vehicle-salesman smile. "If it doesn't, that is, if I slipped up once or twice over the past three days, which is quite possible, you could wind up a mage and a female." He registered the horrified look on his subject's face. "Just kidding. I've done that one before, and never repeat such miserable failures... at any rate, I assure you the antivirus will work properly."

"Now," he said, leaning over the table and attaching the hypodermic needle to the syringe, "this is the less crazy part. We can infect you today, but you're quite undernourished. We'll put you on a proper feeding schedule, at least for the duration of the infection." He uncapped the vial and stuck the needle in it, drawing back the end of the syringe. "What an ironic situation. You see, twenty-two years ago, I too was sent to TRIM from Edanith!" He snickered to himself. "Oh, what tangled webs we weave... sit down, so I can inject you."

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 11:39:22 am »
When his new master grabbed hold of his chin, 102379 lifted his head slightly and opened hos eyes. He took care not to look into his master's face, his previous master had said that mages should not look upon their betters without permission. 102379 believed it.

You're certainly a submissive one, aren't you?
'Yes, Sir.'

102379 obeyed the command, still trying not to look at his master. He listened to his master, unsure why he was being given information. Was he allowed to know anything about what would happen to him? He would probably be tested on this information later. 102379 was terrified, he was already an abomination in the eyes of the gods, why would anyone want to create a disease that produced it? He nodded his head slightly to show he understood, though much of what his master said sounded foreign.

102379 shuffled over to the chair and offered his arm out to be injected. This was better than being with his previous master, for that he felt grateful. He opened his mouth to speak but thought better of it. What if he said thankyou and the scientist thought he was being sarcastic or rude?

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 12:41:43 pm »
Tetra smiled calmly. This was much easier than the previous subject would have been. He took hold of 102379's arm and aimed the needle carefully. "Don't move, or I'll have to stick you again." The needle went in smoothly, and Tetra pressed steadily on the back of the syringe, slowly releasing the virulent solution into the mage's bloodstream. "I'd tell you not to try anything that might infect me, but you don't seem like the type."

Tetra pulled the needle out and walked back over to the table, taking about two steps to cross the room. He took one of the cotton balls and a bandage, and extracted another vial from his pocket, this one containing clear liquid. He went back over to 102379 and poured some of the liquid onto the cotton ball. This was one of Tetra's favorite antibiotics, partly because of how effective it was and partly because it burned like hell when it touched a wound. He swabbed it over the hole the needle had left, and covered it with the bandage. "Perfect," he said, in the monotonous voice used by doctors since time immemorial.

He collected his instruments from the table and turned back to his subject. 102379 was indeed undernourished; if he was not kept healthy, the symptoms alone might kill him. "Have you eaten today? Or, you know, this week?" He shook his head. "Better question. When was the last time you had a decent meal?"

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 01:04:47 pm »
OOC: You seem to be a little confused about his name, sorry. My bad. His number is 102379 and his name is Zelo. It has both on his chart but he only thinks of himself as mage number 102379. He will answer to both though. Oh, and when should the symptoms start setting in and how severe are they?

Don't move, or I'll have to stick you again.
102379 was unsure if he should reply or not. He diceded to stay quiet. He had not dirrectly been ordered to speak and speaking out of turn was probably the worst offence of the two.

The liquid on the cotton ball stung, then as it sank into the skin it bagan to burn. 102379 clenched his teeth and winced. Mages deserve their pain, I deserve this pain, he thought. He had not been expecting it to hurt.

'I'm sorry, Sir,' it was his fault he was undernourished. If he had been able to serve his previous master better he would have been fed more often. 'I have been fed twice a day for three months. Before that...'

The memories of the day his had been removed from service still made his mind sting, far more than the liquid was stinging his arm. He groaned and hung his head lower. 'I'm sorry,' he muttered in a quieter voice.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 01:52:34 pm »
((OOC: Numerical designations are the norm at TRIM anyway. Tetra wouldn't care anyway... for third-person's sake, I'll call him Zelo.
The itching and inflammation will be first, increasing in severity as the week progresses, followed by the dizziness, double vision, and, as that gets worse, fainting, which should be the next day. Headaches start about halfway through the week, leading up to the worst one in about five days, which should open the psychic pathways in the brain, or whatever. Feel free to skip time/have this go horribly wrong.))

"I'm sorry, sir..." Not being psychic, Tetra had very little idea of why Zelo was apologizing. It makes sense for such a servile slave-mage to take everything as his own fault, however. "I have been fed twice a day for three months. Before that..." Tetra understood from the video message that Zelo had not been in his master's care for some time before he was sent to TRIM. I wonder what he did. "I'm sorry."

I didn't expect him to remember his feeding schedule from while he was in servitude. He probably didn't have one. "Twice a day sounds reasonable, but we'll have to increase the portion size. You look like a drowned feline." He ran a hand through his hair, feeling more like a babysitter than a geneticist. "I'll come back in a few hours to log your progress, with a plate of food. If your behavior stays satisfactory, your meals will remain regular. I don't feel like dealing with another obstinate subject..."

Tetra opened the door and slipped out silently, heading back to his office to deposit his things.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 09:43:04 pm »
102379 nodded to show he understood. He felt ashamed at his appearance and tried to cover himself a bit more by wrapping his arms around his body. At least he was allowed to wear the shift. When his new master opened the door he stood up promptly and saluted, his eyes were straight ahead.

Once his new master was gone he went back into the corner and curled up. He placed his head on his knees and closed his eyes. Was he imagining it or was his skin beginning to itch? He rubbed his arms to try and stop them from itching. Other than that, he just continued to try not think of things that were goingto happen to him. The side effects didn'tseem all that nice.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 11:49:20 pm »
((OOC: Skip!!))

Tetra stood at his cluttered desk in the medical facility of Wing Alpha, inserting a few small vials into a machine. He had been hard at work for the past five hours, taking advantage of his fully-wakeful hours in whipping up an anti-virus. This is the easy part, thought Tetra. I know which genes to target, and what I've done to them. Now to create a virus that resets everything. He pressed a button on the machine, and its input screen dimmed. A light began glowing softly yellow, and the machine came to life, purring like a large metal cat.

Now he had to wait. This was always less agonizing when an experiment was in progress. He gently kicked his office chair out of his way, grabbing a notepad and pen on his way out. The notepad already had some writing on the first page: the date and time of the initial injection. Tetra shut the door to his office and walked briskly into the residential area, and the kitchen. He opened the common refrigerator, hoping someone had gone out for groceries recently. The refrigerator, thankfully, was relatively full. Humans are omnivores, he reminded himself. He grabbed a fruit; he had once known what they were called, because his neighbors on Edanith had grown them. He closed the refrigerator and opened the freezer, and took out a package of meat. Poultry, he thought, probably from Aedolis. Tetra had no idea how much humans normally ate; it was never any concern of his. He would have served himself most of the package, so he took about half of that portion and put it on to cook. He added a few spices, though not as many of the spicy ones as he would have used normally. This mage is lucky I'm not one of those scientists who can't cook. I never understood them at all. He cooked the meat conventionally, rather too lazy to be creative, and set it on a plastic dish, along with the fruit. As an afterthought, he took part of a loaf of bread and added it to the plate. That seems about right. He set off, with his notepad, pen, and plate of food, back to Wing Alpha.

The mage was asleep when Tetra arrived. In light of this, he slammed the door, smirking at Zelo's reaction. "Are you awake now?" He set the plate of food on the table he had used earlier and leaned against the wall. "I brought your food."

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 12:09:43 am »
102379 was curled up in a ball in in the corner of the room, fast asleep. The door slammed and his head banged loudly against the wall. It took him a few moments to realise what had happened. When he did he jumped to his feet and saluted his master. 'Sorry Sir, yes Sir,' he said. His voice rushed out so it probably didn't make any sense.

He hung his head back down to its normal position and walked over to the food. He scratched his arm, the itchiness was getting worse. He winced when he scratched his arm, it had gone puffy where he had been scratching. He looked at the food and his stomach growled. Was he allowed to eat it? He hadn't been given permission so he just sat there looking at it and waiting for him master to tell him to do something.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 09:31:45 am »
Tetra noticed Zelo scratching his arm and was about to begin writing observations, but... he was just standing there. Normally Tetra would have had to hold the subject at arm's length  to keep him from just taking the plate by force. This is still preferable to that, though. "Go ahead," he said, "eat it. Must I tell you to do everything? Unless you don't like what I brought, which is a possibility. I have no idea what humans prefer to eat..."

He positioned his notebook and pen, scribbled the date and time, and waited a bit for Zelo to finish chewing. This will be the difficult part, as the only words of which he has demonstrated knowledge yet are "yes", "no", "I'm sorry", and "sir". "So, how do you feel this afternoon? Show me that arm." Oh, wait... he hasn't said "no", has he? Interesting.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 08:38:10 pm »
Must I tell you to do everything?
'It-it's fine, thankyou sir,' 102379 said. He hesitated before picking up the apple and staring at it. 'I'm sorry Sir. I don't understand.' He then bit into the apple.

So, how do you feel this afternoon? Show me that arm.
Now he was really confused. Why was his master being kind to him? Mages were supposed to be there to be tested, punnished and obey commands. TRIM especially, his previous master had sent more image of TRIM torture methods than 102379 could count. He wasn't there to be cared for.
'I feel fine, Sir,' he muttered. He put down the apple and offered up his arm.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 09:44:36 pm »
Tetra didn't respond, content with the fact that the subject was eating. He waited a few seconds. Again, irregular. Maybe he's complacent with my having told him he'll be fed twice a day. Most subjects would have jumped on that plate like beggars after a stray coin...

"I feel fine, sir."
The scientist would have rolled his eyes, were he given to that sort of reaction. He made a sound that was halfway between a disappointed sigh and a growl. "That is not what I meant. I didn't take time out of my insanely social schedule to make small talk with a test subject." He tapped the back of his pen restlessly against the notepad. "I came to record the progress of your symptoms. It's a formality, really, but if this isn't painfully accurate, I'll never be able to tell if I've botched it again and given you something that alters the part of your DNA that tells you to breathe, or some such thing." He slumped against the wall, a look on his face like he was thinking up more painful testing procedures a mile a minute. I'm not being paid enough to work with such utter fools. I should have stayed in research, and had some other test-tube-pushing idiot do the menial labor. "Let's try this again. This time, I want to hear any slight changes, drastic changes... something worth the ink I'll be using to write it down. How do you feel since I injected you with the virus?"

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 06:59:31 am »
102379 went straight to the floor and bent his head down to his knees. 'I'm sorry master. I-I.. I'm sorry,' he whimpered, waiting to be struck or some such. When nothing happened he hesitated and pushed himself into a sitting potistion. He drew a breath and said, 'Sorry, Sir. My skin itches, especially my arms. They are also starting to swell and they sting a bit.'

102379 hoped his symptoms pleased his master. He was already failing his new master by speaking out of turn and questioning him. It was not even his right to know why his master was being kind. He was a mage and that was all. His life was there to obey and obey alone.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 11:14:40 am »
((OOC: I probably won't timeskip irregularly in this thread. Tetra will come in twice a day until the end of four days or something goes wrong.))

Tetra looked down at the cowering subject. He rather liked being called master out of fear like that... "There's no reason to apologize for the first offense. It's when you do something I've already told you not to do that you'll need to suck up." He quickly wrote the symptoms on his notepad, his handwriting nigh-indecipherable to most people. If his superiors wanted to see anything from him, he'd have to type it out. Not that typing with claws is any easier for me. "Your arm's all red, too. Good."

"You may continue eating," he said dismissively. "I'll be back tomorrow morning. Not that you'll know what time it is. I hope your caretakers on Edanith won't be too angry if you come back nocturnal." He stood in the doorway a bit, thinking. "No, they wouldn't be. I'm sure there will be worse wrong with you by that time. Good night." Tetra stepped out the door and walked down the hall in the direction of his office. I hope he understands I'm only being civil to him because my virus will not. He smirked. He has no idea what awaits him over the next four days...

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 07:12:30 am »
102379 got to his feet and saluted as his master left and closed the door while inside he fought the urge to cower in the corner. Once the door was closed he grabbed the bread and curled into the corner yet again. Mages had no right to use furniture unless they were ordered to.

He began eating the bread but could not finish it. He hoped his master wouldn't find it disobedient to leave food uneaten. He tried to force more down just in case but began to feel nausious. He placed the bread down and tried to sleep.

102379 had no idea what time it was or how long until his master returned. He reached for the bread but felt too sick to eat and placed it back down. He groaned as his senses came to him. The darkness around him seemed to be swimming. He put his head to the floor and groaned again, this time closing his eyes and holding his head. He felt like everything was spining and he tried to crawl over to the toilet in the other corner. He got half way before collapsing on the floor and vomitting up bile. He lifted a hand to try and wipe away some of the liquid. His face was puffed up and sore to touch. He lay there in his own vomit, waiting for the the pain to stop or his master to return.

The pain did not stop.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 12:27:38 pm »
Tetra awoke rather late the next morning, having actually changed for bed for the first time in four days. At first he didn't really feel like getting up and dressed, but then he remembered that today would be one of the more... interesting days for his newest subject. He slipped into his clothes and finger-combed his hair until he decided it looked presentable. When was the last time I took time off? He remembered vaguely. He had gone on a space-cruise, but couldn't go to Aedolis, wouldn't go to Teinar, and had no reason to go to Edanith, and so stayed on the ship the whole time. I am a horrible vacation planner. That must have been years ago.

He walked quickly to his office, a habit only overridden when he really didn't want to do something, and pushed his chair aside. Another habit of Tetra's: standing up to use the computer. He pulled up a window linked to a surveillance camera in Zelo's room, thanking whoever was involved that they had finally gotten the link set up. He saw the subject in question, lying there in a pool of... something. "When did that happen?" Tetra asked out loud, scrolling through the video history. He managed to pinpoint the time: earlier this morning, about four hours ago. He spotted the notepad he had been using, and scribbled down the time. He took a roll of paper towels and a bottle of cleaning solution from a high cabinet and made his way toward Zelo's cell.

The cell door clicked and swung open, and Tetra walked in singlemindedly. He dropped the notepad and pen near the door and knelt to clean the mostly-dried vomit off the floor. "Disgusting, no doubt, but progress often has to be." The subject stirred next to him, and he paused in his almost-frantic cleaning. "Good morning." He resumed scrubbing the floor. "Bad choice of words. I admit it was rather thoughtless of me to bring food so late yesterday, considering I knew this was coming. If you can stand, go wash yourself. If not, try to move yourself closer to the sink... which is that way." He pointed in the direction of the sink and toilet; the subject was inevitably disoriented.

Tetra finished cleaning the floor to the best of his ability, resolving to send someone in later that day. Being at best an unbearably fastidious person, he had managed not to get anything on his skin or clothing. "Now, if you can talk, I want to hear how you felt when you woke up." He picked up the notepad and pen, and tore a page out of the back. "If not, I hope you can write. Failing that, draw pictures, and I'll do my best. Failing that, I see why they sent you here."

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 09:51:46 pm »
102379 had not slept since he had vomitted the first time. How could he when his stomache felt like it was pulling itself apart? He heard the door and moved to stand up. His eyes didn't seem to be able to focus on anything and he swayed dangerously before tripping and landing on the floor. He pushed himself up again and clung to the wall. He raised one hand in salute. His master said somethin but his head was spinning too much to undertand. He lifted his head to try to hear better and saw his master pointing. He used the wall to push himself over to where his master had pointed. He found the sink and held onto it. He fell to the floor, hit his head on the sink and clutched at his head. He shuddered and groaned, at least there was nothing trying to pull his mind apart again.

He pulled himself over the sink and clung to it like it was the only thing holding him to life. He clutched the baisin with his body and an arm and cluthed the tap with the other. He tried turning it but it wouldn't budge. He hung there trying to think but his mind was not focused enough. He continued trying until his master gave him another order.

Now, if you can talk, I want to hear how you felt when you woke up.

102379 opened his mouth but instead of talking, nausia flooded through his body and he dry wretched into the sink. He couldn't write; he had never been taught to read either. His previous master had prohibitted him from learning anything that might jepodise his usefulness.

When the wretching finished he tried to speak again, 'hurts.' He groaned and clenched his eyes shut as a flood of pain swept his body and he fell to the floor. How useless he was, he couldn't even speak properly without doing something stupid. 'Everything hurts.'

He focused harder on the questions. That wasn't the answer his master would want. This was a report, his master would want as much detail as possible. 'Nausia first, couldn't eat, sorry sir. Head spinning then vomitted. Head hurts. Wont stop hurting, as bad as last time.' He curled up tighter as he remembered the day his master had rippeed his mind apart. 'Head hurts,' he repeated. Then he repeated it again.

OOC: If he keeps vomitting he will need to go on an inter-arterial saline (and probably nutrient) drip. I suggest doing it before he gets any worse otherwise he will have to be carried out. LOL, I keep thinking of what procedures would be used on him. You might eveen need to put a tube down his throat so that he doesn't vomit all over the surgery lab. ECG, blood pressure finger-tip pulse rate etc might be useful too as you want to make sure he doesn't die.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 11:10:32 pm »
((OOC: Is that... personal experience? o_o I'll... yeah.
They wouldn't be in the surgery lab until after the symptoms had calmed down. Unless they wanted brain scans, that is.))

Tetra watched with an odd mixture of pity and incredulity as Zelo insisted on standing as he walked in, and failed miserably. It's not standard protocol to medicate test subjects, but I find myself wanting to sedate this one. Poor conditioned thing. He wrote the symptoms down, and walked over to turn the tap on. "Don't drown yourself." Ha! I've told him not to now, so he can't! Ugh, Mae is rubbing off on me.

He tapped the pen against the notepad, walking a safe distance from the sink. He closed his eyes and sighed. I'm glad his head hurts so—that sounds awful of me, not that I care—but why is he so nauseous? "The nausea seems too severe. Do you have a history of severe nausea?" If not, this is a warning sign of a screwup on my part, which would just be the icing on the coffin.

Something struck Tetra as odd; he hadn't noticed before, as he was either cleaning vomit off the floor of the cell—they ought to just assign me an intern-lackey to do such things—or writing things down. "What did you mean, last time?" He quickly thought better of asking another question, considering the sorry state the subject was in. "Don't answer that. If you mean psychic torture, then you can expect more of the same." Like what flies do to rotting meat, he thought without speaking. Only the fly is my virus, dissolving tunnels into your brain.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 02:32:39 am »
OOC: Biomed student, (which is why my location is set to cadava lab). Also, the nausia could be a symptom and the test could still be running properly. He is a little more undernourished and ill than most subjects. Also, I have an idea of how vampirism may work: eukariotic plasmids. It would be present in all mucosal secretions (milk, vaginal wall=STD, saliva) and in blood (so would be passed from mother to child during birth). Will the virus be pulling 102379's mind apart at all?

'Thank you master,' he muttered. 102379 climbed up to the sink and clung to it a moment before doing anything. He cupped one hand and began to drink. He then splashed his face, hair and neck. The cool water helped alleviate the swelling, or at least the feel of it. Once he had finished he allowed himself to fall to the floor then rolled over into a bow.

Do you have a history of severe nausea?

'No sir.'
He wrapped his arms around his head and pulled his legs up in front of him. 102379 started whimperring as another wave of pain made him wretch again. This time nothing came up. He tried not to thnk of how much worse this would get. He would just have to wait for it to subside and hope it didn't kill him.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal