Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Caliburnus's Wants and Limits  (Read 340 times)

Caliburnus

Caliburnus's Wants and Limits
« on: January 20, 2018, 08:22:47 pm »
Author's Wants

What types of plots are you interested in playing?
Involving all of the following:  War, Politics, Communication, Rescue, Exploration, Science, Antediluvian, Cosmic Threats, Futurism, Technology, Romance, Military, Salvage, Cultural Exchange

What types of plots are you not interested in playing?
I am not interested in erotic role-play.  I am not interested in being a slave or having my character transformed.  I will however go with 'anything' provided the various characters' actions make some sense and falls within what is believable based on the information I am presented. 

How often can you reply to any given thread?
I can reply at least once a day.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I am willing to wait a week, perhaps two weeks at the most.

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers?  If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?
I am open to it in certain back and forth scenes that would be better off over a messenger.  I can be reached on discord.

Are you open to post volleying?
I am open to this provided the quality of each post does not suffer.  I would prefer quality over a swift reply.

Anything else?
There is nothing that I can think of at this time.  If you are uncertain just ask.  I will answer.

Author's Limits

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I've been around a very long time, since the time of Ayenee (Arts and Entertainment Chatrooms) and Eden.  I've been on many different forums.  I won't flex beyond that.  I will say
 that communication is key and discussion is open.  The story comes before anyone's epeen.     

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
If it happens it needs to be natural.

What are your limits in regards to sex?
(Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out? Is there anything you won't write?)
If it happens it needs to be natural.  Normally I fade to black on the hardcore stuff.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
Provided they make sense.  If it can happen in real life it can happen in the thread.

What are your limits in regards to violent scenes?
(Are you comfortable with violent scenes? Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out? Is there anything you won't write?)
I'll write extreme violence provided that it fits the scene and is reasonable given all the factors.  I will not write it just to write it.  If it can happen in real life it can happen in the thread. 

What are your limits in regards to abuse/rape in plots?
(Are you comfortable with such themes? Do you prefer to avoid them? Do you prefer to imply it, fade to black, or play it out?)
I prefer to imply it.  I am not fine with writing a rape scene.  I am fine with implying that rape happened or is happening provided it fits the scene and is reasonable given the factors.  If it can happen in real life it can happen in the thread. 

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
(Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?)
You are welcome to try though I prefer a dialogue beforehand.  Have a good reason why and a good explanation of the mechanics behind what is causing the transformation. 

An ability/sword composed of handwavium used in an attack will meet an equally absurd shield or explanation of its failure to connect composed of handwavium.   

What about healing?
(For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.)
Provided it makes sense.  I don't enjoy miracle cures.  Communication is key.  Have it make sense and make it meaningful.   

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing. -Rollo May
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:28:09 pm by Caliburnus »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal