Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Eat My Playlist [Goblin!]  (Read 2804 times)

Marakai2.0

Re: Eat My Playlist [Goblin!]
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2017, 02:52:08 pm »
Matthew Wright. If memory served, that was his friend Havvy's candidate. He knew next to nothing about the kid, other than the fact that Havanah had been frustrated with his initial lack of progress, and had given him the proverbial kick in the ass to get moving. That, and his mother had recently died. Not much to go on.

But apparently knowing who the kid was didn't have much bearing on the situation, as Heather plainly stated she basically had no feelings for him whatsoever. If that was true, then there wasn't much else to go on, other than...

"....You have issues letting people in, don't you? You feel like...you took that wall down for a good time, and now you can't put it back up. "

He knew how she felt, remembering his first couple years in Candyland, freshly out of the hospital and having the social skills of a sponge. He'd alienated himself for quite some time, until...

Raz began to feel a heat rise in his eyes, and he shut that line of thought down rather quickly. Funny, how trying to help someone else only meant rending open old wounds.

He was still silent, even as he leaned down, making an effort to show that he knew, that he cared. Silently, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her into a hug.

She was more like him than he'd first thought. She wasn't his apprentice.

She was his goddamn protege.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2017, 03:35:32 pm »
He was completely right. Razican  had hit the nail most certainly on the head for Heather was afraid to let people in. All her life she had built walls both real and imagined about her person to protect herself from them, the others that were not her. In a single night though they had all come crashing down around her and she was defenceless to fix it. Honestly, it had nothing to do with Matthew and everything to do with her. She was broken and always had been. Heather had even gotten good at pretending and hiding it but now there was no more pretending. There was no hiding. Instead there was just so much feeling. Years and years of surprised emotions were just boiling to the surface and she was helpless to stop them, to contain them.

It was several moments into her mentor's embrace before the Candidate realised that she was being touched, being contained. Instinct took over in her distraught state as Heather slung an elbow up and back into the man and rolled herself away from him. She spun on her heel to face her preceived  attacker with wide eyes and clenched fists. Only then, with her back pressed up against the wall did it all hit her. She had just assaulted her mentor, a Pilot, for trying to hug her. The details would not matter once those in charge knew of it. It would not matter that Razican had triggered memories that she had long since buried away, that even now she could not face.

Heather looked at him horrified and ashamed, her whole body shaking out of fear of her punishment. "I didn't mean to," she cried, all but awaiting the hammer to come down on her head. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry!" She slid down the wall, trying to appear small and invisible as she continued to apologise.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2017, 08:08:43 am »
Needless to say, he was quite a bit surprised, and in no small amount of pain, when that elbow of hers smashed into his nose. Instinctively, he raised a hand to his face just as she moved away from him, the surprise plainly written across his face.

For a moment, he just stood stock-still and stared at her, even as she began to gush her apologies, until the surprise began to fade. Then he grinned.

And then he began to laugh. "No, no, you're fine! Even better than fine! I'm impressed! A little slow on the uptake, but good instincts. Note to self, though: hugs aren't allowed." He tilted his head upward as something warm and wet began to dribble down his nose, and he brought a hand up to wipe at it.

"Fuck, I'm bleeding, though. Shit." He quickly stripped off his white hoodie, and tossed it on the table before it could get ruined. "Look, no hard feelings, but could you get me like...a tissue..napkin...so mething? If someone walks in here and sees blood all over the floor, they'll ask questions, and I'd rather you not get in trouble for something I caused." He glanced around a bit, looking for the camera that would have had to have been in here. And, luck apparently decided to work in his favor - it was directly overhead, pointing towards the door. There would be no way it would see him dripping blood unless he deliberately walked in front of it.

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2017, 08:48:26 am »
She had expected to be hit or even chastised at least. To be laughed at and told all was well was the last thing she had expected though. At his request Heather simply stared at him dumbly for a few moments. Her brain was just unable to comprehend that she was safe and unharmed. She was not caught off guard by one of her father's drunken outbursts. She was not cornered by her childhood bullies.

As it finally hit her though, Heather was quickly on her feet and padding across the room to where the box of tissues by the window was kept. She gripped the box with one hand at the very base before she extended her arm out toward Razican. Part of her still did not trust that as she got close enough that he would not suddenly latch onto her and cause her harm as retribution for her own violent actions. Through strands of amethyst hair, she watched him, ready to scuttle away again should he try to though.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2017, 04:07:47 pm »
With his head still tilted upward, he watched her retrieve the box of tissues, noting the subdued, cautious way she returned to him. He blinked, arching a brow, and took the box from her.

"Don't know why you look so scared..." he started, tearing a tissue in half and balling it up before inserting it into one nostril. "I'm not gonna bite. That was a really nice hit, though, uh...maybe next time, avoid the face, huh?"

He grinned as he stuffed up the other nostril, wincing slightly as his nose throbbed. It didn't feel broken or anything, it just hurt like hell.

"So...why the, um...why the freak out? I was just trying to make you feel better."

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2017, 05:21:14 pm »
Heather retreated from him the moment he had the box. On a normal day she would have been snickering nightly at the image of her mentor jamming tissues up his nose. Instead though she was putting distance between them along with the table. His laughter therefore completely threw her off. "I just clocked you in the face and you're laughing?!" She hissed at him incredulously.

"Also I'm not sure how you trying to maul me constitutes of making me feel better!" Heather sneered at him defensively, yet her arms came around her torso in an unconscious self-hug. "What were you even tryna accomplish foo'?" Her accent began to change with her distress as she desperately grasped at straws to try and shift the attention away from herself.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2017, 05:31:53 pm »
"Well, yeah. I mean....no point in getting mad about something that was clearly my fault." He grinned only slightly, and set the box of tissues on the table, next to his wadded up hoodie. "Besides, its hardly the first time I've been hit in the face. My job involves getting occasionally getting *shot* at, I'm not gonna throw a fit over a little blood."

He smirked, following his comment, until he noted her body language, as well as the change in her speech patterns. After a moment, that smirk dropped, and he crossed his own arms over his chest.

"I wasn't going for anything other than a hug. Because, once again, I find myself reminded of me, from back then. I can sympathize, at least in part." Razican let out a sigh, before dropping his arms to the chair in front of him, leaning into it.

"Look. I'm sorry. At the very least, I should have warned you. It won't happen again." He exhaled silently, before sucking in a harsh breath.

"...maybe we should just drop this and get to work."

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2017, 06:51:35 pm »
"A Candidate strikes her mentor and ya brush it off as nothin'? Ya want to hug me like I'm some pathetic lil child 'fraid of the dark? What could ya possibly have experienced that compares to the shit I done? I'm not weak like ya! Ya hear me? I'm not weak!" Heather howled at him, shaking slightly with her rage.

With the fear quickly leaving her, she was finding that false bravado returning full force to lock horns once more. She hated him for also seeing her weak. She hated him for trying to get close. But most of all she hates that stupid smirk that she never seemed able to wash away. Esther refused to be rushed aside so quickly. He wanted to move on and practice well screw  that nonsense. She had had enough practice the past two weeks. What she wanted now was a fight.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2017, 08:19:11 pm »
"I'm not weak like ya! Ya hear me? I'm not weak!"

Within the confines of Rec Room 3b, those last words seemed to echo, on and on, playing themselves over and over within the small man's mind. Each and every repeat of those words cut deeper and hit harder, and with each beat of his heart his face twisted deeper and deeper into a sneer.

She wanted to know what he'd been through. She wanted to know what it was that could compare to her life, however shitty she thought it was.

Nobody knew what happened to him. There were no records of his past acceptable to the public, and what records there were were classified under such high clearance it would take a Pilot Royal to even know they existed.

Nobody knew. Nobody, except him.

By the time he finally stepped forward, he was wearing the same face that had terrified his old Squad Leader so much, that night after he'd nearly blown his drugged out ass through the wall. The same nightmarish face that he'd never shown anyone else. There were times that Raz wondered if he'd scared Sieg off with it, but he had no way of knowing.

He stalked toward her, purposely, his face seething. When he spoke, his voice was a roar, made even more so as every word echoed only within the room, the sound waves bounding back from the walls and circling around again. With each word, each syllable, the room shook and vibrated, fueled by his anger.

"What have I been through!? Fuck that, what have you been through that compares to the shit show that was my life!?"

He drew close to the table, neverminding the camera in the corner as he gripped it's edge, pushing it aside as if it were nothing as he continued on his way.

"You think you're so God Damned high and mighty because your little girl fucking fairy tale life didn't go the way you wanted it to!? You know jack shit. No - you know less than that."

At this point, he was very nearly in her face, his eyes as sharp as razors, his teeth grit and fit to break. His fists clenched so hard, his knuckles popped and cracked.

"You really wanna know what I've been through?"

He gestured behind him, to one of the chairs that had fallen to the floor.

"Then sit the fuck down."

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2017, 09:03:24 pm »
Heather would have liked to say that she was unafraid of the small man before her. But that was so incredibly far from the truth it was practically its own alternate universe. She squared her shoulders and locked her jaw as his voice rattled her very bones. He had all but frozen her in place with his barely contained rage.

Pushing against his power proved futile. There was nothing she could do as all her attempts just snapped the echos back against her form harder and stronger. This was why you did not mess with a sono, why so many of them never made it out of Candyland. Their power was raw and unpredictable. If it was likewise unctrollsble then everyone suffered.

Her head pounded with all the noise and as he shoved the table aside she bared her teeth at him. With him toe to toe to her, she leaned back slightly. For such a small man he certainly was able to make her feel ant-sized mighty easily. Heather was but a child to him in that moment and she hates feeling like that. So many years of taking care of herself molded her into being independent and caustic. To now see and hear the potential of what she could do made her hate herself more. She really was going to need his help.

She did not understand yet the full implications of what she had gotten herself into yet either. However, Heather was not one to back down even if it meant she was going to lose, horribly. So when he said sit she did, but only after brushing past him on her way. The chair was kicked up and spun so that she was sitting on it backwards and facing him.

His words were still ringing in her ears, threatening to rip down doors she has sealed up long ago. With her heart racing, she mentally braced against them, praying those floodgates would remain closed a little longer. Heather waited quietly for him though as she, while dumb enough to goad him into this, was smart enough to bite her tongue when a man was showing the whites of his eyes on three sides. It had always meant anger or fear to her and if this was fear then her name was Shamu the Whale.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2017, 06:38:10 am »
He could hear her heart racing, the pounding of it a drum beat sending quiet ripples that he could all too easily sense. He could hear her breathing, hard and heavy, and the look in her eyes betrayed her apprehension. The way she squared herself, baring her teeth at him, he could see she was willing to contest herself against him despite her fear.

Just this once, he intended to rip that away from her.

When she brushed past him, he simply remained standing, facing the wall for several moments until he heard the chair slide, and her sit. He closed his eyes, focusing on simply breathing trying to calm himself down. Gradually, he could feel the rage subside, feel his heart slow down as he unclenched his jaw and his hands. Only when he felt he could speak without tearing the walls down did he turn to face her.

Raz took her spot on the wall, leaning heavily against it, crossing his arms over his chest. As he looked at her, staring up at him from her chair, his glare didn't relent, sapphire eyes full of ice as he leveled that gaze at her.

It was several silent beats of simply staring at her, when he opened his mouth.

"My family," he began, steeling himself against the inevitable rush of memories, "had been military for...generations. Old Aedolian, upper caste, for as long as anyone could remember. My immediate family was all military. My mother, my father, four brothers and six sisters. There were thirteen of us...I was the youngest, by a wide margin.

"When I was...six...my family was called into service in the war. I was left behind, nothing more than a child, in the care of our my nanny." Something hard flashed in his eyes, and the last word he spoke with spit out with an undertone of hatred.

"...for about four months, it was fine. She did her job, helping with my schoolwork, keeping up the house,  taking care of me. Then, well, shit decided to roll downhill.

"I'm not sure what warranted the change, but...I strongly suspect it was because my family....well...th ey weren't coming back. But....I'll get to that later. In any case, I had no warning, whatsoever, no sign of things coming that I can remember from back then. I remember a needle, while I was eating breakfast, and then not much else until I woke up. The bitch drugged me, and strapped me into a chair." At this, he held up both of his arms, indicating the stitching tattoos on his wrists, covering abrasion scars from being tied down for days at a time.

"Apparently Miss Marlene liked making a little money on the side, and I got the pleasure of being her little guinea pig for her projects. She used me....she was a cooker. Street drugs, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, if you wanted it, she'd make it.

"For five fucking years, I would go through this, taking her needles and her fucking pills, told all the time how proud mommy and daddy were going to be for helping her so much. I'd sit there for days at a time, in my own filth, being fed scraps and drugs, and she'd only take me out of the chair when I was in danger of overdosing."

Here, at this point, he closed his eyes, and took a deep breath, steadiying himself, and at this point just noticing the tears streaming down his cheeks.

"She did this to me. Took away my skin, my eyes, my hair, bleached the color out with her fucking drugs. Turned me into this fucking...ghost. By the time she moved on to other things, and abandoned me in that fucking chair, it was too late to undo the damage that had been done. Police found me, five years later, and rushed me to the hospital, and they told me there. I sat in a goddamned hospital bed, tied down yet again, detoxing, getting some strength back from eating real food. After that, a year of physical therapy. And then, immediately after...drafted into Candyland."

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2017, 09:20:28 am »
She did not take her eyes off him even once as he shared his tale with her. Perhaps if Heather had come from a better caste rank like him she would have been more shaken and disturbed. It was not that she did not feel for him. Rather, it was that the Candidate had grown up hearing stories about people like him. It had been a favourite threat to scare children that if you were not careful you would be sold off to people like that and never be seen again. She just had never met anyone like that before.

"I was wrong."

It took a lot of guts to spew the hatred she had at her mentor. It took even more to admit she had fucked up big time. When she said it, she meant it too. Heather hoped he knew that, that he could see it in the way she kept her eyes on him and let him past her walls. Having heard his tale, she felt the need to share hers. She had no idea if he would listen, if he would even consider her worth his time anymore but she had to try.

"When I was a child they told us stories to scare us about people like you," she began quietly. "Behave or you'll be sold off and everyone will forget your name. One day we'll forget we even had a child. You'll be replaced and no one will care. That's what they told us. Didn't matter where you moved, the worst parts of the city always had the same threat.

"My life is no fucking fairytale though, at least not like the ones I've read." Her gaze lowered as she shifted in the chair slightly and allowed her chin to rest on her crossed arms on the chair's back. Inside she moved away from the door she was braced against and allowed the memories to flow through her. A soft hum filled the air as she spoke again.

"I don't remember much about the bitch that birthed me. We were low caste and lived in the seedier areas. She was an addict for anything that got her high, hard and fast. I was born the same way. From my first breath I craved it, I needed it. The bitch was more than happy to provide. Her little doll was funny while high and it kept it quiet. My first memories were of that fucking ceiling swimming like it was going to drop down on me like paint."

Heather licked her lips, finding them dry and trembling slightly. "And one day she was there, then the next gone. I don't know if she died or left or what. I never cared. Without her there were no drugs, just pain. My father didn't take too kindly to the screams. He beat me into silence. Apparently the screaming of a detoxer isn't all that pleasant. I lived even as I thought I would die.

"We moved constantly. He loved his drink and all our credits went to it. I learned to love the silence. Heh, maybe that's why I turned out to be a sono. If it was silent, he wasn't there to beat me and scream at me, to tell me how much like the bitch I was, how much I looked like her. I learned if you ran fast enough they couldn't hurt you, they couldn't touch you and scream at you and make you do things."

She swallowed, feeling bile in her throat. Heather shuddered for a moment and let her forehead rest against her arms for a few moments. Her breath was ragged as she fought down the images she so desperately did not want to see. "There is safety and peace in the silence. It's a blanket that I feel most comfortable clung to. You were right earlier, I don't let people in. I don't trust. I don't love. I don't get attached. It's safer."

Lifting her head to look at him again, she sighed tiredly. "In the space of two weeks I've let two of you in and...". Heather shook her head. "It doesn't matter. I was wrong about you and I hope...it's not too late to say that."

Marakai2.0

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2017, 11:11:29 am »
Her first words gave him a start, as he had taken a moment to stop and gather his thoughts, preparing to continue. It wasn't everything, what he'd told her. It was most of it, but not all.

Raz listened to her telling of her own life, and the hard face he wore slowly crumbled away, expression melding into a soft and compassionate one. Here they were, just a couple of broken kids. By what coincidence had he been assigned to her as a mentor? He couldn't know, yet all the same, he was glad.

When she finished speaking, Raz met her gaze solidly, and shook his head vehemently. "No....no, Heather, it's not too late. And....look, I'm sorry I yelled. If I'd have known, I wouldn't have...."

He sighed, cutting off his words to raise his hand to his face, rubbing at his eyes. How could he have been so stupid? She seemed to enjoy the silence so much, and had this constant attitude, he should have known screaming at her was a bad idea.

When he lowered his arm, he looked at her with watery eyes, and began to step towards her again. He didn't even care if he got hit this time, he'd say he fell on the damn chair or something.

He dropped to his knees in front of her, again wrapping her in a hug, chair and all. "I'm sorry, Heather. For what it's worth. It's not too late."

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2017, 12:21:50 pm »
Heather looked away from him as he mentioned screaming at her, her eyes wide as they fought back her own tears. She was just getting to composing herself when suddenly he was on his knees before her and wrapping his arms around her. It was rather uncomfortable yet unlike before she simply froze and let out an undignified squeak of surprise.

“You had no way of knowing,” she finally murmured softly, terrified that if she spoke any louder she would break him. “You’re the only one I’ve ever told. I deserved it. I was being a right bitch and I know it.”

She shuddered at the memories of all the bullies that had tormented her in her youth. Not even her friend, another social outcast like her, Garza knew the skeletons that still danced within the dark of her closet. “I’m sorry too.” Her voice cracked as the apology bled from her lips.

Without a thought, Heather brought her arms up suddenly to wrap back around him as well. Despite the burn of the chairback cutting into her ribs and the awkwardness of the position, she held onto him fiercely, unwilling or unable to let go. Her body shook with her silent tears as she buried her face against his neck. Through her tears, her scattered mind noticed how his neck tattoo made a complete circle to the back near where her cheek was resting. It was far from the only one he had too, if the blurred peek of his back revealing thick and heavy ink across his back was not just her imagination. She could not make it out though, nor did she truly have a mind to in the moment.

Instead she focused on the way she was crushing him close. Heather’s fingers had unbeknownst her in the moment begun to dig into Razican’s shoulders. She was finally letting him in. She was for better or for worse finally placing her trust in another creature and it terrified her. Swallowing thickly, the Candidate finally loosened her grip on him enough to not cause them any more bruises, though her arms still remained looped about him.

“No one’s ever hugged me before,” she whispered to him. “I’m sorry I hit you before.”

Marakai2.0

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2017, 01:42:48 pm »
"You’re the only one I’ve ever told."

"You were right earlier, I don't let people in. I don't trust. I don't love. I don't get attached. It's safer."

"I was wrong."

Those three statements, they crushed him. Again, he was reminded just so much of himself, having said words not unlike those in his time, in a situation not unlike this one. Hell, even in this situation.

"...You're the only one I've ever told, too. My...I haven't even told my own girlfriend, yet." His voice was quiet and level, despite the stinging tears in his eyes. "And I completely understand, you know, the attitude. It's not...easy."

Even as she relented her grip slightly, he gave her a brief squeeze, his way of letting her know that he was there for her, a sympathetic ear, one that had shared in her pain even if only in part.

"No one's..ever hugged you before?" He blinked, and released her to lean back and look at her. "That's...well, that's just horrible. Hugs are awesome." He let out a watery sort of smile, and raised a hand to wipe the tears from his eyes before he stood.

"Well...I hope you trust me, now. Because..well, I'm trusting you, too. Like I said, I've never told......anyone."

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2017, 04:48:32 pm »
She gasped slightly at the squeeze, feeling the warmth and strength of his touch but also a  sense of security and safety. Heather had never felt anything like it before. Was this what trust was like? Was being weak when someone else was strong what it meant to let someone all the way past the  walls? She was not sure she liked it or not, this feeling of trust and dependency on someone that was not herself. But, she accepted it.

When he pulled away, the young woman found her eyes rolling lightly as they darted away from his face. The heels of her hands scrubbed away the last vestiges of her drying tears. Her face felt raw and tight. She assumed it was probably splotchy and red from all of her crying. "Hugs kind of hurt," she replied with a weary smile even as she rubbed her aching ribs. The chair had been must unkind. She could only imagine how his nose was feeling.

Verbally answering his question was nearly impossible for her. Instead, Heather nodded, slow and sincere. "Can we just...talk?" She looked up at him through amethyst strands, still looking a bit like a kicked puppy expecting its next punishment. Steeling herself and inhaling shakily she ventured to press on. "I...could use some help with my um," she swallowed thickly, "earlier outburst."

Marakai2.0

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2017, 05:44:40 pm »
Raz grinned, eyes a bit brighter when he saw her smile. It didn't matter if it was tired, or even forced - it was still a smile. Half of his were fake, anyway, just a mask to cover the rot his past had made. False smiles and fake laughs, forcing himself day by day to be happy even when he wasn't, driving an enthusiasm that only existed roughly half the time.

Thank goodness for the Valkyries, a little bit of stability (chaotic or otherwise) and a source of real happiness for him. And thank God for Jexica. Nothing made him happier than her. Though after speaking to Heather, he realized he had a story for her....

He came back to his senses just in time for her to mention the hug being painful, and he let out a light-hearted chuckle. "Well, I was trying to hug you through a chair, soooo....yeah, thats probably it. Hugs don't usually hurt. I promise, these last two attempts aren't very good examples." He gave her a crooked sort of grin, and moved to the other side of the table to sit across from her.

"Yeah...talking's fine. We'll go with that. And...what about your..." he wasn't sure if 'outburst' was the right word for it, but whatever, "outburst are you concerned about? I mean...if you've got a problem with something, we can hash it out."

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2017, 06:14:48 pm »
Despite her even and deep breaths, Heather felt herself struggling to breathe. She closed her eyes and tried to relax again. "About Candid-Pilot Wright," she replied, with her eyes still closed and her head falling back tiredly. "I can't keep feeling like this. I can't afford to lose it like that again. I don't know what to do."

Her head rolled forward to face him again. "I feel so exposed. It's not even his fault," she admitted, being honest with herself and him. "I'm the fucked up one.  'Bout time I cracked, eh?" Heather snorted and shook her heard in frustration. "How do you do it? How do you let them in and not hurt?"

Marakai2.0

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2017, 06:26:05 pm »
Raz sighed a bit, and shook his head. "Well....to be honest, I don't know. I mean..look at it this way. One day, you're going to be a pilot. Maybe even a CO, like me, and if that's the case, this is doubly true."

He leaned forward, resting on his elbows, levelling with her. "The other Candidates with you? They'll be Pilots, too," he said, not even mentioning the alternative, "And when you're a pilot, you have to trust at least some of them. They're your brothers and sisters in arms. You trust them, they trust you. Before you know it, you're not letting them in, so to speak."

He blinked a bit, and tilted his head. "They're just....in, and you don't know how they got there. And you'll find that it doesn't matter what you do, or don't tell them. The same will go with everyone else, too."

Offline GoblinFae

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2017, 07:01:02 pm »
Her head thunked forward onto the back of the chair. It was such a parent answer to her situation too. She wanted to groan but also did not want to get into any more trouble for the day. "So this is where it starts? You break and break and break until there's nothing left of you and all those walls are now people? Sounds terrible.

"I guess I never thought about that though. I never thought I would make it this far. I didn't let anyone in. It's easier to let them go if they were never yours to hold. Easier for them to forget you too if you weren't all that memorable. I've been such a bitch all these years," she groaned aloud. "Even he thought so, his special name for me."

She lifted and shook her head harshly. "Always were good at that, pickin' a fight. First one ta strike wins if 'ey hit the hardest. Did it t'ya too. Sumt'ings don' chan'e." Heather looked up at him full of regret, her childhood accent strong and full force now. "Why'd'ya take it? No one else would."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal