Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Running Keeps You Sexy! [Blink]  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Zero Undead

Running Keeps You Sexy! [Blink]
« on: July 30, 2017, 02:52:39 pm »
It wasn’t even daylight when Alec left his apartment with a duffle bag slung over his shoulder. He was definitely dressed for working out with black track pants, jogging shoes, and an old t-shirt. He hadn’t even put mousse in his hair!

The gym was pretty much empty at five in the morning on a Saturday, which was just how Alec preferred it. Being alone was almost always preferable when working out. Too many distractions when there were a lot of people around - far, far too much noise. Working out was his distraction from other distractions. It was almost meditate and cathartic. Plus he was not the most buff of the pilots. His academic and psionic performance had been fantastic, but he’d always just barely squeaked by on the physical exams.

Earbuds went into his ears, keeping the music soft as he dropped his bag next to the treadmill and plunked the water bottle he’d brought into the holder next to the console. A few minutes of stretching later and he was jogging at a brisk pace, heart monitor strapped to his arm to track his heartrate while he ran, going in cycles of running to get it up for about twenty minutes, then slowing down to a walk to let it even back out for ten or fifteen minutes, and using the easy pace to rehydrate.

Alec did that for twenty miles, before he just gave out, his leg muscles and lungs were both burning as he gulped air doubled over with his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. That was definitely a new record, at least. Five years ago he could still only go ten miles before wishing he was dead. Go him.

Of course he was only busting his ass this early three times a week because Nimbus insisted that he stay in a certain level of physical shape regardless of his relatively non-dangerous and low-key desk job. Not that the human Pilot directors didn’t also expect him to maintain his physical readiness as well.

At least all the running kept him sexy as hell.

“Fuuuuck.” He was covered in sweat and felt a little gross; all he wanted was to shower and scarf down the biggest, greasiest burrito ever, or maybe a pizza, chug a gallon of soda with it. As long as it was fatty, fried, and disgustingly unhealthy he wanted to eat it right now. Instead he pulled a towel out of his bag and patted the moisture off his face and neck, not paying much attention to the people around him.

Offline Blink

Re: Running Keeps You Sexy! [Blink]
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 12:07:09 am »
The showers felt like a godsend against her skin as Havanah washed away the sweat acquired from a good workout. She stood under the water for a moment, simply letting it run over her as she enjoyed the sensation it brought on. Nothing beat the feeling of washing away all your hard work, not quite like this anyways.

When it was all said and done Havanah pulled her wet hair up into a bun on her scalp, bits of her hair still sticking to her skin despite her best attempts at towel drying it. She had already tucked her soiled gym clothes into her bag, topping it off with the wet towel. Zipping it up she threw the strap over her shoulder before making her way out of the showers in her normal everyday attire.

On her way out Havanah took note of the man still running on the treadmill. How long had he been running anyways? He was there when she arrived and even after her workout and long shower there he was... still running. Havanah was nothing short of impressed as she crossed her arms over her chest and walked towards him.

She heard him curse at who knows what while he wretched over in pure exhaustion. All Havanah could do was shift her weight and roll her tongue in her mouth while she stared at him, nothing short of impressed. It wasn't until he wiped away some sweat with a towel that she was able to recognize him.

"Alec Holding...." Havanah spoke to him in a familiar tone. She remembered him from back in her days at the ATC as a candidate. He was a few stages above her when she started, but it's hard not to get to know the ones who weren't trimmed no matter their stage. She hadn't really run into him since she herself became a Pilot, he worked at the ATC while she was busy as an Inquisitor. Really the only means of contact she had with most of the Pilot's nowadays was through the blog.

Of course, Havanah saw this as an opportunity to continue increasing her circle of friends. "Look at you!" Her eyes scanned him up and down. "Oh yes... look at you" her inner thoughts just as absorbed with his stature as her eyes were.... damn he was always so good looking! Next, she offered what anyone would be thinking about after a workout like that.

"Want to grab some breakfast and catch up?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 07:29:56 pm »
That was the bad thing about everybody knowing everybody around here. It wasn’t like Alec didn’t know that he might run into someone that would try to talk to him while he was covered in work-out stank. Trying to act super casual as he forced himself to stand up straight, wiping at the back of his neck as he fixated himself on the pretty blonde that had said his name. Of course he recognized her, she was a Pilot, but he also was in Candidacy with her for a little while, he was already Stage 3 when she was a wee Gracie.

Wow, it had been a while since he’d really thought about any other Candidates that had been in the program with him. Most of them were sent out all over the place. Alec didn’t think he worked closely with very many people from those years.

“Look at me? Look at you. You’ve grown up a bit, I see.” He flashed a grin as he gave her an appraising look over. Well she was always easy on the eyes. Breakfast sounded so good, but he crinkled his nose and looked down at himself with a small grimace. Alec gave a soft, self-depreciating, laugh and shook his head. “That sounds like an amazing idea, but give me ten minutes to rinse off and change? I doubt you’ll keep an appetite if I reek.”

Offline Blink

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 11:35:52 am »
"Okay... I'll wait" Havanah smiled, adjusting the strap over her shoulder before she made her way to wait by the door. As she waited she tried to recall the very few memories she held of Alec, which was hardly any. In fact, all she really remembered was watching him walk past every once in a while. He was always quiet though... something that Havanah was not.

Regardless of how quiet he was though he had definitely made a lasting impression. Alec was hot, so so so so hot. In fact, now she was thinking about it she fawned over boys just like her little sister did now. For the life of her though she couldn't remember what number he was on her own list. Oh, how naive she was...

Since then Havanah had grown up, that Alec was not wrong about. She had taken her enthusiasm and channeled it into determination. She had rescued Aspen from the pit she was raised in and got her somewhere proper. She had settled herself as an Inquisitor and moved up in life. Havanah had long lasting friendships and didn't feel quite as alone as she did back then. So yes, her hair may still be blonde and she may still be easy on the eyes but Havanah was not the same. And so she would assume Alec had done just as her.... changed.

When Alec was finally done he would find Havanah standing by the door, arms still crossed over her chest as she looked outside. She was deep in thought thinking about all the things she had going on in her life at that moment. Some good, some stressful, and some bad. Yet, she was smiling because that was just it... this was her life.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 05:46:33 am »
“Awesome. Promise to be quick.” Alec threw his things into his bag and threw it over his shoulder as he headed quickly to the showers. This was definitely an unexpected turn of events, and he regretted being rushed. Going out anywhere was usually greeted with a lot more prep time. He didn’t even have any hair products other than his shampoo.

There was nothing more satisfying after a long run than a cool shower, but instead of appreciating it properly and lingering, Alec hurriedly washed and turned off the water. He didn’t have time to thoroughly towel off.

Squeaking just under the ten minute mark, Alec came out at least clean in his jeans and polo. He wasn’t going to the office today, and cramming a suit and tie into a duffle bag was a terrible idea anyway. It wasn’t like it was a date either. Oh man, if it was he’d have needed at least and hour to make sure he looked fabulous. This was just breakfast with a fellow Pilot that he sort of knew.

Honestly that was stretching it a little. Sure, he knew who she was – he knew the name and face of the majority of Pilots, but he didn’t know her. They hadn’t been friends at the ATC, and beyond seeing each other in passing they hadn’t had a lot of contact. He remembered her being a lot more outgoing than him. Most of the other Candidates had been. Ah, the good old days of being quiet as a church mouse.

Alec hadn’t really changed all that much; still quiet, still shy for the most part, but way more confident and in control than he’d ever been as a Candidate. Not having the constant terror of being TRIM’d hanging over your head could do that for you. At the time he’d resented the hell out of the program, but becoming a Pilot had been the best thing that could have ever happened to him.

Pilots lived the good life.

A fact once again hammered into him as walked up to Havanah, waiting for him by the door. She was pretty, even more with that smile and the way she was just staring off into space. Sure, she was technically looking outside, but he knew that look. She was seeing things with her eyes just then. Alec was a dreamer, if he didn’t have to be so focused all day working with the people coming in for help, he’d have spent all day, every day just daydreaming and doodling.

Waving to get her attention, Alec flashed a grin while giving a thumbs up. “I am civilized enough for dining and company, let’s go. I’m starving.”

Offline Blink

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 04:27:55 pm »
The hand waving in her face caused Havanah to snap back to the real world. Half laughing she looked him up and down and debated whether Alec sweaty was a better sight, it was a close call.

"I know this place right around the corner that makes a mean omelet."

And with that Havanah was pushing open the door only briefly looking over her shoulder to see if he was following. The diner in question was literally right around the corner, 50 steps at max from the gym. In her opinion, it was an exemplary example of perfect product placement. Half the time she went to the gym all she could think about was coming to this place after for some much-needed nourishment, just like she was now.

Walking in the door Havanah picked a table by the window and let her gym bag flop on the floor after the strap slid off her shoulder beside a chair. Propping her elbows on the table she folded her hands together and rested her chin, smiling at Alec.

"You know I think if I would have asked you out for breakfast years ago you would have turned me down."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 08:01:41 pm »
“Sounds perfect.” Alec agreed as he followed her out the door, his starving psyche already conjuring up a mental image of a huge omelet fully loaded with the most delicious fixings. He was practically salivating already. Hopefully they gave out very generous portions, because he felt like he could eat an entire herd of cows. Idly he wondered how the rest of the breakfast menu was.

It was a little bit of a surprise just how close the place was. How had he not noticed it before? Sure, Alec usually went to one of his usual haunts or home to fill up after his work outs, but not realizing this place existed before now was a grievous oversight on his part.

His duffle bag went on the floor next to his chair, across from Havanah. She picked a nice seat. Good lighting next to the window, and you could people watch if you wanted – which he liked to do when he was alone. Today he actually had someone to focus on over breakfast. It was a little strange feeling. Breakfast was generally the meal he always ate alone.

“How many years ago? I mean, as Candidates it would have been kinda hard, unless you just mean sitting together at breakfast in the cafeteria. As Pilots? I never turn down an offer for food. I’m always down for going to get a bite to eat. It’s a wonder I’m not fat.” Alec laughed softly, blue eyes twinkling just slightly with his amusement, his smile the kind that reached his eyes and made them crinkle just a little bit at the edges.

Offline Blink

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 02:14:46 pm »
Tilting her head slightly that still rest on her hands Havanah laughed. "You can't tell me that sitting with me in the cafeteria was something you would have enjoyed. You were so quiet."

"However I will keep in mind that you never turn down food. Could use that to my advantage one day." Havanah then winked, letting one of her hands fall to rest on the top of the table while the other waved for the waitress to come over. "Ham and cheese omelet please... heavy on the cheese."

Waiting on Alec to order before continuing Hevanah sat back in her chair a bit, allowing herself to get more comfortable. "So what are you doing nowadays? Life after the ATC all you hoped it would be?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 04:20:09 pm »
"I don't mind too much when my love of food is taken advantage of really." Alec folded his hand on the table in front of him, feeling relaxed as they settled in. He was still starving and his legs were on fire, but sitting did help a bit. "I was very quiet, but I was lonely a lot too. Believe it or not in my Gracie and Stage 2 days I got picked on quite a bit because I was quiet and not the most athletic of my peers."

He listened to Havanah place her order, then flashed a smile at the waitress as he knew he was about to put her to work. "I want the Aedolian Northwest Omelet, a stack of strawberry banana pancakes, and a side of bacon. Oh, and coffee with a lot of sugar and creamer packets on the side, please."

Alec chuckled softly at the look the waitress gave him as she walked away. He knew he was an eater, but he couldn't help if he was hungry! Turning his attention back to Havanah he shook his head. "I still spend most of my day in the ATC. Trying to keep the poor little Candidates from losing their minds and all that. I have to say, the food is a lot better now, and it's nice to come and go as I please...when I have time. Which is almost never. How about you? Living the dream?"

Offline Blink

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 09:38:13 pm »
Clearly, Alec was not joking when he said he loved food, his order was a great example. Internally Havanah was piecing together why he ran so hard on that treadmill and now it all made perfect sense. With an appetite like that, it would be impossible to keep up such a good figure without that intense of a workout.

"So you work at the ATC? My little sister is currently a Stage 3 Candidate, a little shy thing really. I bet you will get a visit from her at some point. She's prone to panic attacks." Havanah tapped her fingers on the table while she quickly thought of how sad Aspen could be sometimes. Like seriously... she can't protect her from getting trimmed if she keeps this up.

"I work in the Inquiry Department." Some may see her title as something to be intimidating, but it didn't have to be so long as you never ended up in her office. "Not many other places an Illumino could be useful." Havanah shrugged, she was curious if Alec even knew what her psionic ability was up until now.

"So you're a counselor? I bet it gets hard listening to other people's problems all day." Havanah then signaled for the waitress again. "Can I get a hot chocolate with some whipped cream please?" Oh, how Havanah loved her whipped cream...

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 05:45:54 am »
Alec didn't even bother to try to hide his love for food or his enormous appetite. He never did. Candidacy had been hell, they never believed him when he complained about being hungry. Now nobody questioned it anymore. He was just the bottomless pit and he was totally fine with that!

"Aww, the little Candidates. I didn't know you had a little sister. I'm the baby in my family, and the only Pilot. My two older brothers are both Military, though." They had been pretty jealous when he'd been discovered to be a psychic and shipped off to the ATC. Oh if only they knew how terrible it really was. Way worse than Military training.

"They fielded me for the Inquiry Department at first, but I asked for my position." Alec shrugged his shoulders with a bit of a smirk. "I mean, it can get tough, you hear some heavy shit from time to time, but I get all the good dirt, too. When people open up they really open up."

Offline Blink

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 10:02:47 am »
"I bet your brothers hate that you are a pilot and not them." Havanah could only speak from the part of her that imagined Aspen ever getting farther than her among Pilots. Not saying she wasn't capable if she could get past her anxiety issue but it would still be hard to swallow if she did.

"I didn't really talk about Aspen much as a Candidate, it wasn't until I graduated that her and I even had some form of a relationship." Havanah shifted in her chair again, picking up a napkin and fiddling it within her fingers while her lips fell into a line. "I'm the one that reported her for having Psionics, I got her drafted into the ATC." And Havanah would never regret that choice. Being a pilot was great, despite the constant dangers and attention they were all under. Maybe it wasn't the best place for someone with Aspen's personality, but she was better off at the ATC than where she was.

She would have gone on telling Alec how that made her feel or more in depth of her relationship with Aspen but that would make her no different than the people that funneled in and out of his office every single day. She wasn't going to be that person.

"I imagine it's hard to keep a straight face sometimes? Like how do you respond to someone telling you something that is just completely ridiculous?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 02:45:58 pm »
"They are insanely jealous of how amazing I am, but not just for the Pilot thing. I'm also the smartest and best looking, I'll have you know." Alec smirked playfully, not feigning a sense of modesty. At least not against his older brothers - he was a Pilot so totally the best.

Although his cheery expression faltered slightly as she talked about being the one to turn her own sister in. It was to be expected, of course. Still, being a Candidate was hell and he thought he might feel just a little bad if he had to turn a younger sibling into that grueling pit. At least she would be a Pilot, which was the very best thing you could be!

Unless she got TRIM'd...shit, he forced that thought out of his mind.

"I'm sure she's doing just fine, right? If she has any trouble, needs someone to talk to, make sure you send her my way. That's kind of what I do. I've helped a lot of Candidates overcome homesickness and other fears." Half the time just talking to him and realizing that Pilots were just people - and not always bad people - helped a hell of a lot.

Thank god she changed the subject. "Years of practice, and mad skills. I have an amazing poker face."

Offline Blink

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2017, 02:31:52 pm »
Havanah nearly choked on the water she had just brought to her lips when Alec mentioned Aspen being homesick. "If you only knew...." If only he could have seen what he pulled her from he would understand. Havanah would never get those images out of her head. She would never forget how she went to take Aspen out for their annual Pizza dinner on her birthday and what she saw. It had gotten so bad, she was surprised Aspen talked at all.

Ever since her fathers fall into the heavier drugs along with Aspen's mother everything had fallen apart. The way that apartment looked... the random ramblings of things her father and the hallucinations he saw, all of it was a nightmare. Then there was Aspen, hiding in her room between the bed and wall with headphones and hands over ears. She didn't blame her for trying to stop their voices, she would have done the same thing. That was the last day Aspen was in that home, and the first day she was screened for psionics.

"Don't we all?" her statement in reference to the poker face Alec said he held.

"Enough about work, how is life? I read about you sometimes in the gossip columns, seems you have quite the following." Anytime Havanah was on news feed was probably for her crazy acts. This of course with everything she had done was with purpose. "I know better than anyone that you can't believe everything you read though. I mean... I highly doubt you were visiting a harem two weeks ago like the columns said... right?"

Havanah's own latest stunt was in last weeks edition. She had been caught on video trying to serenade the barista at Manolins with her less than perfect vocal skills... the whipped cream may or may not have been used not to company standards. The reasoning behind the act to show Aspen that no matter how bad you may be, sometimes you just gotta show the world how good you are (even if you're not). The stunt before that, to show Aspen that going out and partying like an animal is a good way to blow off steam. Every stunt, every action... all of it was to show Aspen how good life could be. Havanah did all these things for her, despite the reputation of attention crazed Pilot now slapped on her back.

"I mean because the infamous Alec Holding would never be caught dead there on purpose I assume?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 05:57:04 am »
Of course Alec didn't really know anything about Aspen or her home life. How could he? As much as he tried to help every Candidate, it wasn't as if he could read every file in detail. No, he only read those when a Candidate stepped into his office. When they really needed him to know so that he could try to help them. Homesick was just something he heard a lot, so he'd thrown it out there.

"Some of us have better poker faces than others." Thank goodness for the change of subject. Heavy shit over breakfast wasn't the way to go. Especially not now, when they were trying to feel each other out after not seeing or speaking for years.

"You actually read those?" Alec couldn't help but laugh a bit. Those gossip columns were nothing but garbage. Rumors to amuse the public. Well, some of it was real, but not enough of it!

Also...

"Infamous? Wow, I should be flattered, I didn't realize I popped up in them that much. I'm not near as exciting as the squad boys and girls." How the hell did they come up with these rumors? Oh well, they were just rumors, and if ignorant people wanted to believe dumb shit, that was their business. "Well I guess my secret is out. I am totally a ho, make a little credits on the side and all that."

He cracked up a bit, shaking his head. "Wow, just wow. They really do have imaginations, don't they? No, I don't go to those kind of places, I can find a good time all on my own. Hard to believe, I know!"

Offline Blink

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 01:06:39 pm »
Leaning back in the chair Havanah laughed along with Alec's joke. Her eyes skimmed him up and down again when he mentioned finding a good time all on his own. "I bet you do...".

"Sometimes I think they just write about what they wish they saw." She shrugged, "Just wait, tomorrow there will be something about a secret rendezvous between us or something when in reality we just happen to go to the same gym."

"So tell me, what else do you do other than work and run like a madman on the treadmill?" It was then that they were brought their food, Havanah's extra cheesy omelet nothing in comparison to the horde of plates now sitting in front of Alec. "I mean since you really don't visit whore houses in your spare time." Havanah then smiled, having already cut into her food and plopped a bit in her mouth.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 01:15:43 pm »
"What, you mean this isn't a secret rendezvous? I feel lied to!" Alec snickered, running his eyes over her again. There was worse people he could have rumors attached to him about. Havanah was gorgeous and something of a wild child, at least from the snippets that he had heard.

He could appreciate that, even if he was known to be low-key most of the time.

Super low key, like getting breakfast and catching up with an old acquaintance. His eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store as the food arrived, his plates being arrayed in front of him. Being a Pilot was great, you couldn't get a buffet like this as a Candidate.

"Go on dates with beautiful and intelligent ladies such as yourself when given the opportunity, but mostly I like to draw when I get a few spare minutes. I love cooking too, but I guess that should be obvious. If you love food as much as I do you almost have to learn to be good at making it." Alec cut into his omelet first as he stopped speaking, stuffing a large bite into his mouth and humming in pleasure. It was so good.

Offline Blink

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 01:27:59 pm »
It was obvious the way Alec lit up when he was presented with food. He really wasn't kidding, the noise he made when taking his first bite all but confirmed it. Havanah took another bite of her own before giggling, amused with not only Alec's list of hobbies but by the way, he found such joy in something so small.

"I'm flattered." Havanah lifted a hand to her chest and dramatically patted at his compliment in an attempt to be funny. "Little old me being called beautiful and intelligent by the one and only Alec Holding." She brought up her other hand to cover the other, both now grasping where her heart was. "I can die a happy woman now." She even threw in an over dramatic sigh as she pretended to be a crazed fangirl.

The joke couldn't be held for long though before she dropped her hands laughing. "I'm just kidding..." she laughed, reaching to grab her water again. "So you like to cook and draw? I've never really had a hobby I could commit to like that. I've been thinking of getting a pet or something lately but then again with my luck I would probably kill it."

"I had a cactus once.... always just assumed you didn't have to water them... ever."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 02:42:16 pm »
Even Alec didn't know what it was with him and food. Nobody else in his family ate like he did. Growing up they had always had these extravagant meals prepared, and it was good food. Excellent food, really, and he enjoyed it then, but he'd eaten like anyone else did. Why he'd become a bottomless pit was a mystery.

His mother was horrified watching him eat one day when they went out after his graduation.

Ah well, who needed that kind of negativity? Havanah didn't seem put off by his large breakfast, which he was happily chowing down on between snickers at her antics. "Can't go dying quite yet, haven't had the full Alec Holding experience! There's like a package deal and everything!"

He knew he was attractive. Most of the Pilots had little fan clubs full of civilians that were slightly obsessed with them, and he wasn't an exception. There were a fair share of little Candidates that totally crushed hard on him too. In the past he'd even taken advantage of that hero worship fan girl stupidity.

Not in a few years though. Alec had grown slightly out of the playboy ways of old. His reputation definitely hung around, and his constant flirtations didn't help any.

"I've never had a pet. Even before becoming a Candidate. Mom didn't like animals in the home, said they were dirty. Always wanted one, but now that I'm a Pilot I feel like I'd just be too busy and it wouldn't be fair to them. Still, pets are easier than plants. Plants can't tell you when they're hungry or thirsty - animals will get your attention somehow!" Alec started eating again the moment he stopped talking.

Offline Blink

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 04:53:23 pm »
"A package deal?" Havanah lost it at that, laughing so hard she tilted her head back in the chair. She was pleasantly surprised with how funny he was being right now. Alec had definitely changed since graduating, thank goodness it was for the better.

Havanah took another piece of her omelet and plopped it in her mouth, chewing while Alec went on about having pets. "I'm thinking one day I might get a cat or something, those seem to be popular with some of the pilots. Honestly, anything to come home to would be nice."

Taking another bite she chewed and swallowed before continuing. "I mean going out after work is fun and all but sometimes I just want to go home. Nothing sucks more than going home and feeling like no one noticed you were gone all day."

The truest of statements coming from a pilot. Their lives looked like nothing but party and glamor and in truth, the majority of them lived to work. Havanah knew that she did. In fact, at the Inquiry, she had to be someone completely different. Couldn't very well have a party girl questioning and sorting through pilot discrepancies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal