Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Sweet Taste of Disappointment  (Read 8814 times)

Offline Draconian

Re: The Sweet Taste of Disappointment
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 01:10:04 pm »
Catch a cold?

Varali frowned slightly, eyes downcast while Apollo spoke. Could she catch a cold? Was she going to get sick? Delicately she took the shirt from the doctor and pulled it on carefully, wings bending to br let out of the clothing and she buttoned up the back of her neck.

A stretch of her little wings and a roll of her shoulders.

There was a burning pit of shame in her. Being chastised for not... Socializing. She was an adult! Who was he to tell her that she needed to do more people-talking! A doctor. Varali sighed and fixed her top, plucking at it to remove the bumps and wrinkles.

"I..."  Varali frowned, unable to think of what she did when she wasnt working. "I take care of my plants. And Tix. I cook dinner for myself. Sometimes I watch movies curled up under blankets." A little shrug and she glanced away, "I... Don't do well with people. I like to keep to myself. I..." Varali slid off the table and fixed her clothing further, "coming here was a mistake. I'm sorry to be a bother."

She started to walk away, hands flexing open and closed. Be polite. "Maybe I'll see you at home. Thanks for the help." Though she paused in front of the door, hand out and ready to grab it. "Can I go?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 05:12:36 pm »
There she went again, just bolting right for the door. Apollo sat up immediately and pulled the pen and writing tablet from the inside of his clipboard. "Hold on just a second Pilot Echo Orion," he said. "I'm going to write you a prescription that I want you to follow religiously. Now, this is going to be doctor's orders."

He wrote it down on the tablet before tearing the paper off and folding it delicately. "I want you to call this number. It's a place where you can take a load off any time you feel you're being overwhelmed, call that number and they can schedule you an appointment to come in and relax.  No people. Just one person. And they also have special therapy animals for your well-being."

He'd jotted his own number on there of course and put  little heart shapes where the O's in his name would be. He smiled softly at her. "Look, Varali. I know we got off on the wrong foot earlier. And I just want to apologize for anything on my behalf that may have caused you to...erm, bolt from my presence. Much like you're doing now. Which is also very rude by the way. But. That's your prescription. Follow it to the letter okay. Call me any day or night if you ever need anything.

"And don't think i forgot about those cookies you never gave me either."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 06:15:38 pm »
Doctor's orders.

Varali watched Apollo wearily, lower lip giving a slight tremble and her hands shaking slightly. Right. Doctor. Varali took a little breath and closed her eyes for a moment brfore she took the piece of paper. Pilot Echo Orion. That's who she was.

Straightening her shoulders she nodded to Apollo. There was no intention of calling the number. Maybe coming here was a bad idea. Tears of shame and regret burned her eyes for a moment before she swallowed it back. She'd made a mistake coming here, if only because now her neighbour knew her... Oddness.

"I have Tix," she said, wiggling the 'perscription' at him between two of her fingers. Still she remained quiet, moving her other hand to squeeze at the back of her neck. A bright flush when he said she was being rude. Varali opened her mouth to talk, to explain but nothing came out.

There was no excuse.

Varali took the other piece of paper, folding it open and looking at his number. The fact he gave it to her didn't alarm her. The fact she wanted to memorise it did. Licking her lips she flicked her teal eyes to him and tried to breathe. "Thank you Doctor Hecates," she whispered, several shades of red as she backed from the room. "And thank you," she wiggled his number at him, "I'll be sure to see Critter."

And then, she was gone. Door left ajar and only the soft sounds of her footsteps pattering down the hall.

It was almost a week later that Apollo would get a text, not terribly late at night but late enough that most people would be sleeping.

Are you awake? I have something for you.

Offline Lion

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 10:27:39 pm »
Did she forget that he was a licensed medical professional? However fucking hell that happened he had no idea. But that was a fact present in this current situation and one he was more than willing to take advantage of. While panic attacks weren't exactly immediately life threatening, they could have worse effects in the long run. And what kind of doctor would he be if he didn't at least give her some good advice.

Even if she seemed very unwilling to take said advice and was out of the door before he knew it. Apollo again leaned against the door, letting the cold metal of it cool against his flush face. Gone again, so close, yet so far away. Was he just that repulsive? Hm, he supposed in some lights he might be. But that wasn't his fault.

He was too busy being awesome.

That week did pass, and as usual it was blur.Apollo made a point of showing up to work on time and with his full faculties just to keep the Queen Bee off his back, oh and then there was always Lenny to consider. UUUuuuugh. Come to think of it, he was probably starting to come down with some semi-debilitating but non contagious disease the next day, or two after that. Just as soon as he thought of it.

Another sick day would be good. Commuting back and forth between Haviah and Havina was a pain in the cat butt anyway.  And he hated being that far away from Critter all day long. She was a good girl for the most part, and didn't get into any real trouble, but he was ofttimes too exhausted to play with her and just wanted to collapse onto that sofa and pass out for days.

Tonight was one of those nights, but thankfully he didn't bother with working too hard, so when he got home he greeted Critter with a hug and kiss and let her drape herself on his neck and shoulders as he was wont to do.

Until his phone ran with a text from an odd number. Everyone who knew him already had his number, and he had theirs in turn. Except one person. Apollo checked it and tilted his head. "Yes I am," he replied. "What's up?

Offline Draconian

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 11:15:20 pm »
Varali hadn't been thinking when she sent it.

Had sent it late enough to hope that maybe he'd been sleeping. So, she waited for the kettle to boil, resting against the counter. Had her device pressed against her chest. He wouldn't answer. Apollo had only been teasing her.

A brief glance to the note he left her.

Ap<3ll<3 and the number. Slightly crumpled like she'd balled it up to throw it out. She had. Rifled through the trash to find it again. Varali swallowed and let her head tip back, taking a deep breath.

Let out a squeal of surprise and tossed her phone up, eyes wide. A deer in headlights look. Varali took a peek at it.

"Apollo NeedsCookies:  Yes I am. What's up?"

Aww, crap. Why was he awake? Varali took a deep breath and closed her eyes. A glance around her apartment, covered in plants. Tix sitting on top of the fridge looking at her. He hopped onto her head, curled himself down to rest around her shoulders. Watching contently.

Can you open your door in a few minutes please? My hands will be full.

Okay.

Did she wait for a reply before she headed over?

Okay. It was fine. It was okay. Varali turned around and looked at the mugs. No. Too much. This was an apology. Not a... Hang out. Varali only filled up one mug of hot chocolate, grabbing the container of cookies in the other hand before she left her phone on the counter and exited her apartment.

Tix leaned from her to pull the door closed and another deep breath.

Good thing Apollo's apartment was so close.

Varali took a deep breath, relaxing when Tix curled up under her hair, down from its ponytail. A tumble of lavender curls. Varali looked down at herself, flushing slightly because she'd forgotten she had changed into pajama pants and hadn't thought to put shoes on. 

Tix snuggled under her hair, making chittering noises and curling his fluffy long tail around her neck while she waited for the door to open. Not that she would.blame Apollo if he didn't want to.

Offline Lion

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 12:18:14 am »
Can you open your door in a few minutes please? My hands will be full.

That was a message he could get behind. Full of what was the question he'd shot back but immediately peeled himself out of his jacket, throwing it on the hook and rushing to the bathroom to freshen up, dousing his fine skin with water. Apollo shifted around and put Critter down. She mewed indignantly, watching him rush to the door to unlock it.

And when he found here there, he smiled, fighting the urge to lean against the frame.  Oh because then he would be in there way. But there she was, in her glorious pajamas with her hair...down.  Gods.  Dragon balls! 

"Hi," he murmured and when he saw she had too much in her arms, he reached out to grab the container she had and motioning her inside. "Please come in. Don't just stand there."  He closed the door softly behind them and Critter wasted no time in greeting her with a curious cry.  The calico hopped up onto the sofa and stared at Varali, eyes going huge.

Critter stared at her hair. At that thing in it.  And only then did Apollo notice the fluffy tail looped around her neck. 

"Oh, I see you brought your friend. That must be Tix, right?" he chuckled, setting the container on the center island. "Tix, that's Critter. Critter. Tix."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 12:33:26 am »
Varali let Apollo pull the container away, and she put the steaming mug of hot chocolate beside it. A mug she wouldn't cry about if she never got it back. Even though it was part of a set. A set that would now be missing a mug.

Tix slipped from around her neck like water, slipping towards Critter who he immediately started to sniff and pluck at. His little paws going into fur before he moved to lay on top of her. Varali also moved towards Critter, a hand going to scratch all the best places.

"I... Wanted to apologize," she said softly, tossing her hair over her shoulder before she moved back to the kitchen Tixless. Her hands motioned to the container of cookies and the warm mug. "I... I wanted to tell you that I don't mean to be rude," her eyes were downcasted while she spoke, taking in little breaths to keep herself calm.

"I just... You're very... Forward and... And handsome," a glance at him to makesure he was before she cleared her throat, "and I was rude and I owed you cookies. For the sugar." She reached to open the tin, made earlier in the day.

Truth be told she'd been waiting to hear his door shut since she got home herself.

Varali flushed at the thought, glancing away.

Tix busied himself with cleaning Critter, casting the odd glance to Apollo like he was keeping a careful eye on Varali. Spitting out a chunk of loose fur off the cat before the red thing resumed grooming the beautiful princess. "So," she nudged the mug towards Apollo and the container, "Please forgive me for being rude. I'm sorry. I'll... Try not to slam your doors in your face and be a better neighbour."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:34:59 am by Draconian »

Offline Lion

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2017, 01:01:50 am »
Critter didn't even fight being groomed by this newcomer in the apartment. And immediately she laid on the couch's back lazily, letting Tix just have his paws all over her. Also Varali was nice too, but seeing another little thing kind like her but not set the cat to purring immediately.

The missing Tix from her shoulders allowed Apollo a much better look to her neck, and the fact that she tossed it over her shoulder certainly helped matters all the more. Apollo kept his eyes steady, but not overly presumptuous and noted that she'd indeed only bought one cup of hot cocoa over.

"Thank you so much!" he grinned toothily.  His smiles, as always, were optimal photo ops. But since she was next door, she really didn't need a picture did she? She could come and visit any time to see a grin of his. Those were free.

"Ahh, I was just trying to keep you in the room for just a few seconds longer. BUT you did promise me cookies, and I will say that I was very disappointed when I gave you my sugar and you never delivered those delicious cookies. Did you eat them all yourself or gave them to someone else?"

He tilted his head as if to inspect where on her body those cookies might be if she'd been hiding them. Hmm, nowhere to be found. Apollo curled his lips, tucking his bottom one inside his mouth just and turned around to snatch a cup from the cabinet behind him. It was a nice brown mug, simple and he poured half of the cocoa into the second cup.

"There's no reason we can't share," he said. "I can't eat all these cookies by myself. Please. Have some.  And your cocoa too. I love to share." Apollo licked his lips, staring at her, at her flushed skin, lavender hair, full pouty lips.

She'd called him handsome. Of course he knew he was handsome. But the fact that she said it at all boosted his ego to ten thousand. So, he wasn't just some repulsive sea urchin that just so happened to successfully guilt trip her into baking cookies for him. He felt the hackles on his neck rise and goosebumps danced along his arms as he reached for a cookie, dipped it and took a bite.

"HMMM.  Holy cowza-wowza," he hissed. "Varali! This is really good! Completely unexpected. Who gets awesome guilt cookies? I do! Point, Apollo. Boom."  And shoved the rest of the cookie in his mouth.  "Wow. I can't just stop at one.  Oh, and come on. Eat one! Look Tix and Critter are all cuddled up on the couch. That's so cute!  What kind of creature is Tix anyhow?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 08:13:25 am »
Skies this man talked a lot.

Was he lonely or just trying to be friendly. Varali chewed on her bottom lip and cast her eyes aside, hooded. Her hands rested against her abdomen while he spoke and she had the good sense to look down shamefully when he mentioned the first batch of cookies.

The ones she couldn't bring herself to bring over. The oned that had rot. Varali lifted a hand and pressed her palm to her chest, feeling her heart beat. "They went bad," she said honestly, glancing away, the flush on her cheeks brighter. 

Why was he getting a cup. The protest died on her lips before she took it as instructed, hands pressing to the base. Wondering if her using his cup was a calculated move or just thats how it played out. Varali took a sip of the warm drink and tried to surpress a shiver. Her wings fluffed up and her eyes snapped back to Apollo.

So chatty.

Alarmingly chatty.

"I have some at home," she whispered, watching Apollo eat the cookie. They couldn't be that good. Still, the distraction of Tix and Critter was welcome and she wandered over to the couch. A quick check to make sure her gloves were on tightly and she removed on before pressing her fingers through Critter's fur.

"She's gorgeous, isn't she?" She asked her strange rodent who gave a squeak of confirmation and then shimmied down and then up, Apollo. Curling around the man's neck where he watched him very closely. And licked crumbs from his face

Replacing her glove, she grabbed the hot chocolate again and brought it to her mouth. "Tix is... I don't really know. My parents gave him to me when he was a baby. When they knew I'd finished. He was the most unruly of the bunch but... I can talk to him so it never really mattered before." Varali moved towards Tix, resting a hand on Apollo's shoulder for Tix to move onto her.

A gentle gloved hand wiped away a smear of chocolate from the side of Apollo's mouth before she remembered herself. Hand snapping back and away, "I'm sorry. That was very forward. I have... No intentions other than to apologize." And she took a large gulp of the hot drink and it felt like burning regret the whole way down.

Offline Lion

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2017, 12:04:37 pm »
Apollo cackled as Tix came up to explore him. Those little hands were small and tingled along his ribs. He smiled sweetly, petting the creature's puffy tail and giving scritches between his ears. Critter meanwhile was soaking up as much attention as she could and rubbed herself against Varali's touch.

"He's magnificent! Really cute." Apollo grinned and busied himself with listening amidst the crunch of another cookie. Until she rubbed the schmutz from his face. Apollo smirked and shifted around to her.

"You're fine! Thank you." And he leaned in to plant a kiss on her cheek. "You're very sweet."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2017, 01:01:16 pm »
Oh no.

Varali felt the horror on her face before she left it in her gut. Tix hunkered down against Apollo's shoulder like he felt it too and Varali jerked away from Apollo. Which only managed to make her slam her hip against the counter top.

A soft groan and she moved her hand to her side. Wings giving a little flutter. "Apollo," she glanced around, heart pulsing in her throat, "I... I'm not here for..." She glanced at his lips while she backed up to put more space between the two of them. Her cheek tingled. "I don't want you to kiss me, I'm... I'm ... "

Varali just put her cup down on the counter and crooked out an elbow, Tix gave a chitter and slipped from Apollo to Varali. "I should go. Coming here was a mistake, keep the mug and the cookie container." The words rushed from her and she calmly made her way to the door, even stopping to pet Critter. Varali didn't want to slam his door in his face again - it was rude.

Offline Lion

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2017, 05:14:34 pm »
Apollo would have apologized if she hadn't looked so damn cute all red-faced and flustered. The gesture itself had been innocent and although he wanted to do it again, he refrained, letting her instead get ahold of her faculties and once again trying to make for the door. What was wrong with spending a little time with him? Wasn't he handsome? Wasn't he beautiful!

Apollo gave a small frustrated whine and dusted his hands. "Oh come on! Don't go! Look, I won't do it again while you're here. I'm sorry," he said, waving his hands. "Varali. Please! Stay!" he said and almost rushed her to keep from opening the door.

Critter gave a meow, looking between Tix and Varali and her owner. Oh no, did this mean she wasn't going to get any more pets. And instead looked to Tix. "Stay. I have treats," she meowed. "You have fingers. You can open them."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2017, 05:26:57 pm »
Tix perked up from Varali and slid down her shoulder to curl his little red body around his new friend.  Critter was warm and Tix snuggled in against her. Varali however chewed on her lower lip and looked up at Apollo before glancing away.

"Critter is trying to bribe him with treats," she whispered, looking at Apollo through her lashes. Her cheek tingled still and she brushed the back of her hand against it before she pushed her hair aside. Another glance around, the various piles if things.

The knick-knack shelf.

Varali shot a glance to Apollo before she moved towards it, wings giving a flutter while she moved. A glance to the feather and she licked her lips. Hand reaching out to gently touch the shelf. He'd saved her feather. Varali's heart skipped a beat and Tix slithered off to where he could find treats.

"Are you attracted to me?" She finally whispered, looking over to Apollo, eyebrows up. She swallowed and ducked her head down, lavender hair falling to viel her face, wings tightening against her back. "I'm not going to sleep with you, if that's why you're doing all this," better to be blunt now.

Offline Lion

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2017, 06:34:34 pm »
When Tix took the invitation to cuddle, Critter was a loud engine of purring, and that heavy motor sound reverated into Tix as it became his turn to be cleaned and groomed. Critter then nipped at one of his ears playfully and zoomed from the couch, the rodent giving chase. The pair of them rushed around the living room, going from the couch to the cat tree to the island and all underneath the tables.

Apollo, however, seemed mostly distracted with Varali revealing what his cat was thinking. "Well, she can't have any. Critter will have her dinner when I give it to her."  And that was when the cat stopped long enough to rub against his legs.

Apollo picked her up, and the roden found it's way around Apollo's neck again, trying to swat at the cat. "Be nice," he warned.  And Tix curled his tail around Apollo's neck.

As soon as she noticed the knick-knack shelf, he followed her into the living room. And grinned. Because in the end that was his pride and joy. "I like to collect interesting and odd things. And you left that little blue guy here the first time you came here over three weeks go."

He chuckled and set Critter down to resume her game with Tix. "If you wanna straight answer, then yeah. I think you're gorgeous," he murmured. "Don't you find me attractive? You said i was handsome."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2017, 07:31:14 pm »
The look Apollo got was one of slight annoyance, slim eyebrow drawn up and she shifted her hips before she turned her head away. Another flush on her cheeks. "You're plenty attractive," she grumbled out, tracing the line of shelf again. Though quickly enough she pulled her hand back and let it rest at her side.

"I don't..." Varali closed her eyes and pressed her hands to her stomach, "I don't do relationships. Not casual. Not serious. Not sexual. Not plutonic. I..." she glanced down, "I made that choice as a candidate. When i learned the real risks of being a Pilot. When I learned... When I learned... That I was little more than useless."

A glance over her shoulder to her wings, spread out to their full width. Not wide at all. Though she pulled them in slowly. Looking away, "Doeshe would argue. You're a Doctor," she said helpless, head down, "I repair servers. Write code. Talk to plants and animals." Varali pursed her lips, trying to make herself sound unappealing and uninteresting.

"I'm sorry for asking for sugar," she said softly head down, hands are her side. "And for leaving a feather behind. For... Being noticed by you." She didn't move away, casting a glance his way before she sighed. Tix zoomed by, skittering up her clothing to get away from Critter who mewled until Varali picked her up.

To which she did, prolling a hand under Critters butt so all her feet pointed out. Tix went to cleaning her ears. Varali pressed her face to Critters head and sighed, eyes falling closed. "It's just easier to not know anyone."

Offline Lion

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2017, 09:41:31 pm »
It wasn't like he didnt know he was beautiful, but it was always nice to be reassured. Because it meant that you weren't blind or crazy, and it reaffirmed the truth that Apollo only knew too well. His hand reached up to brush back his hair yet again and he tilted his head so that his eyes could better catch the light. Why the hell not flaunt it?

"I find it hard to believe you're completely useless. You're certainly not hard to look at it," he said and shifted over to her, putting his hands behind his back. So she didn't do relationships. So what, neither did he? He didn't have a serious anything at any point in his life. Even his Candidacy was very much a joke.

"I don't regret meeting you. I think you're very nice. You're a nice girl that just so happens to be beautiful. You really honest to goodness, darling, have nothing to be ashamed of," he murmured. Apollo looked at Critter, legs up and just loving every second of attention she was getting.

"Am I really so bad? Come on, let's just enjoy some cookies and some hot chocolate and watche some TV yeah? You do watch TV right? If you don't, we can just talk, and watch our critters run around and pick at each other," he shrugged. "It's time to feed Critter. Would you like to do the honors?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2017, 10:00:43 pm »
Watching TV would be much more simple than talking while Tix and Critter played. Varali flushed after listening to Apollo, not sure how to tell him his compliments fell on deaf ears and that he was vain and full of himself.

That would be rude.

Varali decided to try avoiding being rude. For now. Maybe later. Gently, she put Critter down, meandering over to where the food was kept and put some in her bowl. A quiet chastising from Varali when Tix tried to dig in but he quickly curled back up around her neck.

Then it was TV time.

At first Varali was stiff, back straight, wings tucked up against her. Slowly though, her guard lowered. Varali wasn't sure if she shuffled closer to Apollo on the couch or if he did. What she did know was that by the end of the second Whatever they watched, her cheek was smooshed against his shoulder sleepily.

His arm trapped between hers with his hand trapped between her knees. Wings relaxed and draped in somewhat odd ways behind her. Tix had decided that Apollo was a better neck to snuggle onto and Critter curled herself up between the back of Varali's knees.

There was a great deal of effort to try to open her eyes, of which she gave up after the third episode, sleeping (and perhaps drooling slightly) on Apollo's shoulder.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:20:12 pm by Draconian »

Offline Lion

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2017, 10:47:54 pm »
Apollo didn't really watch TV. Not with any real interest. Sure there was the occasional singing competition and deciding just who he liked better and even calling in to vote. Or watching soaps with Critter to catch up on the latest drama of "Bastards and Bitches." Just last week Jonny Tomero got back together with Gwen after she cheated on him with his evil twin brother, so that was good.

Critter always hissed when she came back on screen. Jonny was too good for her.

They were watching something else that Apollo had forgotten about, stuffing his face with cookies. After about five cookies, Apollo too felt himself begin to drift off, even after he'd scooted closer to Varali, as an experiment in proximity.

His feet were laid up on the coffee table and his head laid back. He hadn't even realized his arms had been tucked between her knees. He wriggled his hand, feeling it smooshed betwen her legs. He gave a soft hum, turning himself so that he was closer to her, eyes heavy with sleep. And he largely was, shifting his hand a little closer to something warmer between her thighs. Apollo breathed in, feeling heat there, being drawn to it and wanting nothing more than to wriggle in further, deeper.

But the way her legs were prevented it, so instead he shifted his hand back to where it was, and he forced himself up, gently prying his arm from hers. He said nothing and shfited Varali into his arms and hefted her up toward his bed, laying her down across it with little more than her bra and panties, Critter following and hopping in right after he tucked the blanket over her.

Apollo normally showered and flopped into bed, but this time he just undressed down to his underwear and carefully crawled into the bed beside her.  Thank the gods that there wasn't any work tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:50:50 pm by Lion »

Offline Draconian

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2017, 11:09:25 pm »
That was an awful dream.

Even slept in her bra.

Varali rose up on the bed, eyes still closed. It smelled different, a little more masculine but she didn't shower after getting back from Apollo's and that was probably why. Sitting up, she stretched her arms high above her head.

Curtains were drawn so it was still dark out. Good. Time to get ready for her own day of work. With a sleepy grumble she peeled her clothing off before making her way to the bathroom. Not bothering to turn on the light. There was enough for it to matter with the door open.

It was a quick shower and she grabbed a towel, patting herself dry before wrapping her hair in it to keep it from dripping in her way back to her bedroom.

Another sleepy grumble when her dresser wasn't in the right place. A growl when she'd tried on the second shirt and they were all...

Varali pulled the towel from her hair, eyes wide.

"Oh... Skies," she breathed out, looking down at herself in one of Apollo's shirts. "I'm not in my apartment, am I?" She whispered, hoping not to hear back. She was naked under this shirt. Slowly she shuffled to her pile of clothing on his floor. Oh gods.

Varali bit her lip hard enough to bleed. She could return his shirt later. Maybe... squeezing her eyes shut she slowly backed from his room. Though not before Critter roused from her sleep, spotted Varali and mewled at her from the end of the bed.

Varali gave impatient waves of her hand, "not now, Critter," she hissed, "I'm not even wearing panties." It was a hissed whisper, because surely, hopefully that lump on the bed was Apollo still sleeping soundly. "Go back to sleep! please!"

Offline Lion

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2017, 12:01:27 am »
A brick house could have fallen on top of Apollo and he probably would have still stayed asleep. When he was exhausted or thoroughly worn out, the man slept like a rock. So he hadn't registered anything she was doing or saying in the background, and he may as well have been dead for all the good her careful quietness she attempted.

Until Critter meowed. Years of having her had trained Apollo to wake up when she needed attention. Critter was usually content to let him sleep unless it was important. Like belly rubs or being fed. He also didn't want to risk being faced with cat butt again. Once a month was enough for him.

Apollo roused, turning over in the bed and sitting up, rubbing sleep from his eyes. The bed was still warm, and Critter gave another complaining mewl. "Hey you." His hands were busy rubbing the sleep from his eyes, scraping out the crusts before he shifted out of bed and stretched, flexing his arms upward until his shoulder cracked back into place.

"Want some coffee?" he asked, not even questioning why she was wearing his shirt, and why her underwear had been taken off. Panties tended to drop in his presence after all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal