Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Meeting fellow Polearm Users [OPEN]  (Read 1028 times)

WarhawkZ

Meeting fellow Polearm Users [OPEN]
« on: February 08, 2017, 05:43:01 pm »
Entering the training yard in his old training gear, Agidyne saw the others give him a wide berth. Shaking his head, while opting to question their choice, he drew his glaive and stopped near a padded pillar. 'Can't control or change what they feel about me. It's not my job to worry about that.' he mused, taking his opening stance. Taking several steadying breaths to center himself, he narrowed and focused his gaze on a point. Subconsciously picturing an unknown being that he blamed for leaving him alone in this universe, no matter if it's true or not. Flying into a barely controlled frenzy of full powered blows and jabs, Agidyne failed to noticed the small group of polearm carrying Candidates form a semi circle.

Offline Draconian

Re: Meeting fellow Polearm Users [OPEN]
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 05:50:06 pm »
Vaughan wasn't one of the pole arm users.

In fact, he was mostly curious as to why anyone would be using such an archaic weapon. Maybe balance? A glance at the other few candidates and a glance down at himself and his empty hands. Well, now he was just out of place. This must be that glaive using guy. Still, always a smart ass, Vaughan rolled his shoulders and let his question out.

"So, is that just for dexterity practice or do you really plan on bringing a Pole-Sword to a gunfight? Uh  Sir." His hands remained in his pockets and he tried to look like he wasn't questioning a Pilot.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 06:01:13 pm by Draconian »

WarhawkZ

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:43:20 pm »
Pausing mid strike, Agidyne's shields tightened even more than before. Bringing the glaive to his side he glanced at the speaker. "Personal, not worth mentioning since no one would care either way. " he replied, following his instincts to keep the Candidate at arms' length. Making his way around the semi circle, imparting hints and suggestion, Agidyne returned to the pillar. Unconsciously running a finger over an engraved portion of the shaft he wonders if his step-sister is even still alive. 'Where'd you go Hama? Why didn't you take me with you?'
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:44:55 pm by WarhawkZ »

Offline Draconian

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 05:26:46 am »
Vaughan's eyebrows shot up. What in the heckies. The words were right there and Vaughan had to resist from taking a taste of those surface thoughts. One of the first things he was taught that, while Pilots had full access to his head, taking someones thoughts was, in fact, extremely rude. Maybe awkward too if you got caught.

It had always felt kinda brain worm-y once he learned how to recognize it.

"Are you okay Pilot-.. uh... " Nope, no idea who this one was, "Pilot?" Concern was in his voice, "Want me to go get an instructor?" Vaughan blinked at the polearm wearily, ready to jump back if Pilot Bro decided to put the hurt on.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 03:51:05 pm »
"I will be. And no you don't have to get an instructor, they have other things to work on." he states. Shaking his head to clear it Agidyne resumed his training. Falling into the unthinking autopilot that accompanied his training he lets his thoughts race behind the shields. Choosing not to focus on any particular one, he began to circle and leapt over. 'Miss you.' Agidyne thought. Subconsciously shifting to more advanced and flashier moves.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 05:44:40 pm »
"But... You look kinda... out of it. You sure you're okay...?" Vaughan said softly, rubbing his arm and looking at the other candidates. "Oh my gods, you're teaching a class. I am so sorry!" And he took a few steps back and looked around, "sooo... Which Pilot are you? So I know how to address you, Sir."

WarhawkZ

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 06:24:51 pm »
"He's not teaching us, just giving us tips that might help us from his experience." Agidyne paused again as the female Candidate answered for him. Turning his gaze onto the speaker . "Sir will be fine. I didn't become a Pilot to make friends Candidate, I became one to survive the nightmare that followed my mother's death and step-sister's disappearance. So would you kindly drop it." he said in firm neutral tone. Agidyne then continued, right where he had stopped.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 06:33:45 pm »
Vaughan stared at the girl, eyebrows brows up and then back to the Pilot. "Uuuuuugh," a brief glance at the polearms -when would those ever be useful? "You kinda just shared your whole back story, so..." Vaughan toed the line, smiling slightly, seeing how far he could push, "does that make us friends?"

WarhawkZ

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 08:06:26 pm »
"I don't make friends with anyone. And have no plans to so. To much trouble for my life at the moment." he states. Annoyed with the male, and not wanting to meet the Inquistion again for fighting, Agidyne jerked his head and sent the polearm carry candidates away. Settling the glaive across his shoulder, he glanced away from the male and said, "Here's some advice, stay away from me. I'm not worth the headache you might get later on." Bowing his head slightly, hiding a small sigh, Agidyne walked away from the pillar.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 11:20:06 pm »
This was just confusing.

Vaughan blinked after the Pilot, eyes wide and... Well, confused. What had just happened? Had he just annoyed a Pilot into going away? Without getting a new scar? No berating speech? No smack upside the head for being smart with a Pilot? A lick of his lips and couldn't help the stuff that sort of came falling out of his mouth.

"So... You got drafted to be a Pilot and you're not making the best of it? Life is shit sometimes," and oh by the gods, did Vaughan know, "And you just... Wallow in it? You have the literal world at your beck and call and you..." A confused helpless little shrug, he was so dead for doing this, "You should really get yourself some friends, not like you'll ever be able to leave here. Should make the best of it and love what you do."

Vaughan had already decided that if the Dragon's and Pilots were going to take away his dream of music, he'd be the absolute best Pilot he could be. At stage 4 he was already well on his way to the dream his Country had for him.

WarhawkZ

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 12:47:30 am »
Shutting his eyes while not missing a step, Agidyne was silently cursing his decision of going to the ATC. Swinging his glaive around, to keep the blade away from the Candidate, brought it's blunt end across his chest. "How I choose to live my life is not your concern. This was not the life I wanted, but it was the only one that allowed me to survive. Plus I wasn't raised to be a god or hero. Only to be regular man making his way in the universe. So like I said earlier Candidate, stay away from me." Leaving the Candidate there Agidyne hung his polearm on the rack and entered the locker room. Heading towards the sonic showers, he paused as something snapped inside him. 'The hell was that?' he mused, when it quickly faded. Opting to find out what it was later he entered the shower and turned it on.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal