Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Pain isn't a factor any longer [M] [TW] [Cheesy!]  (Read 3061 times)

ARAD V1.0

Re: Pain isn't a factor any longer [M] [TW] [Cheesy!]
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2017, 03:19:01 pm »
A bemused, mechanical huff came from Arad. It touched even slightly to being a chuckle. "I guess," came his snarled response. He glanced up at the screens, reaching his hand up to touch one of them, seeing the damage done to him as well.

"Well, we got out in roughly one piece," he grunted softly.

As Reva told him to lay down, so did he, looking up at the ceiling without a word. Elbow deep in his chest. He'd make a comment about her rather blunt approach, but he refrained from it. She was helping him. And to ARAD, it didn't matter all too much. She wasn't going through organs. Just sensitive electronics.

"Fair enough," he answered, glancing over at Reva. "Don't concern yourself. I'll destroy every single one of them. You've done enough."

Cheesigator

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2017, 04:01:47 pm »
Roughly in one piece almost seemed like a bit of an overstatement. She just focused for now on disabling and powering down the tracking device, which, after a bit of tinkering, did so with a series of small beeping noises before it turned off completely and she let out a breath.

She stared at it for a second before she slowly looked over at Arad, wincing as she stood up, a painful throb making her head hurt as she reached up and put her hand to her forehead.

"I wouldn't be doing it for you." She elaborated as she stepped back over to him, closing up a few more panels as she brought up her toolbox and started working on fixing the leaks in his system, her head still rhythmically pounding with pain every two or three seconds.

She was hungry, she was tired. She was grumpy. She wondered if Arad had been programmed to feel things like that as well, or if he was suspended in a constant state of feeling nothing at all when his pain inhibitors were turned off.

"Belliel is my boss and my benefactor. If it weren't for her I'd have died twenty years ago, and what happened to her shop today was my fault." It was Reva's fault, for bringing him home and not thinking of any consequences, not taking a project as mysterious as him with utmost seriousness. "I'm responsible for what happened, and now that they know where you were hiding, and who you were with, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they came after our company again if you go missing."

She glanced over at him, shaking her head and dropping her gaze back down to her work as she successfully sautered a few wires and cords back to their correct places. The sparks and heat didn't seem to bother her in the slightest, considering she wasn't even wearing anything to protect her eyes.

What she also didn't mention was that she had plans to implement parts of Arad's technology into some of her future designs, and if this Syndicate was still around to catch wind of it or see it for themselves then all hell would break loose. It'd be much easier to steal their technology to improve upon if they simply weren't around anymore to defend themselves.

"Besides, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they're what made you end up that way out in space  in the first place--if I don't go with you, who's gonna fix you back up so you can keep going after them, huh?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2017, 07:24:12 am »
"Not if they know I'm no longer affiliated with your company," came his retort. Ignoring her previous statement. Not doing it for him. An odd thing to say, given he was the one currently being repaired. He knew.just how vengeance worked. "It's a shitstorm. I normally leave people to do their own things, but you don't want a part in this," if he had a face, he'd grimace. "You have friends. Something to live for."

The following was a mechanical blurt that came awfully close to a snicker. "They took everything from me. So now they got a pissed off combat droid with nothing left behind them."

Her final explanation made him chortle softly. His inner machinings lighting up momentarily in a crimson light.

Cheesigator

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2017, 09:56:59 am »
Reva was politely quiet while he responded; she shook her head. If they were anything like the assholes they seemed to be, she somehow doubted they would just magically leave Galley La alone if they were on the lookout for where he'd have gone, considering they were the last people to see him--and the only people to repair him, as far as she knew.

He said she had friends and something to live for and she couldn't help but let out a humorless laugh, friends, huh? Her boss, her only real friend. She was nice enough to the coworkers and she cared about em sure but she didn't really know any of them beyond what was professional in a workplace setting. She was 34 years old and she had no fucking clue what she was doing with her life. Then again, a lot of people didn't know that, she supposed.

But what he said about them taking everything from him, she paused, looking up at him and setting down her tools for a second.

"Well, I mean... They didn't take everything from you. You still have a bit of your humanity left under that visor of yours."

But then she thought back to when she'd first discovered it; he had seemed almost just as clueless as she had been. She wondered... Did he know? Did he know that the Syndicate, perhaps in a way meant to be cruel, had given him one last gift, one last reminder of what he once was under there: a human, because they had given him a face, presumably one modeled after what he looked like before they tore him apart and put him in a glorified computer with laser guns.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2017, 12:06:33 pm »
He glanced at her as she laughed mirthlessly, then spoke. If he had any functioning eyebrows, he'd frown. But he didn't, so he couldn't. "What do you mean? There's nothing human about me," he let out a soft snarl, more one out of frustration, rather than aggression towards Reva.

He was a murderer. And countless people had seen their death due to his hand. Innocent people he turned his back to. For the simple act of revenge. People that didn't deserve their death, all became small droplets of blood on his hands. And by now, they were soaked in it.

"Whatever's left underneath, it's not a representation," he answered after a brief moment of silence. "I'm no longer human. Everything, sight and sound, is just a program running." His fist, the still functioning one, clenched tightly, the creaking of metal scraping against metal audible. "And a consience," he snarled softly, before shaking his head. "Nah. I think they deleted it."

Cheesigator

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2017, 09:49:28 pm »
She stared at him for a moment, listening to his response, before she rolled her eyes. Gods he could be dramatic, couldn't he?

She picked up her tools again and got back to her tinkering, unscrewing a panel to check on something damaged inside and start replacing it, mostly just wiring.

"Look even I'm part human and I'm no saint. Humanity has nothing to do with having a conscience, because I think at this stage of the game the universe has fucked itself over enough ain't none of us going to some place like Heaven when we finally crash and burn."

Reva spoke with a rather bored drawl to her tone of voice, it was a philosophy she'd adopted many years ago.

"I've killed hundreds of people, probably thousands by now. I still have a conscience, though, and besides--you're not just a droid, Arad."

She closed the panel, put the screws back in and suddenly left for a moment. There was a kind of clattering noise to be heard in another room, and then she came back, carrying a mirror as she set it on the counter for a moment before she reached around and found the switch to lift his visor. Once his synthetic human face was revealed, much like it had been the first time she powered him on, she pulled over her chair, set her foot on the seat and put the mirror on her knee so he could look at himself.

Resting her arm on the top of the mirror, she raised her eyebrows at him.

"Like I said, you still have a little bit of your humanity left under that visor."

She was quiet for a moment, letting it sink in for the droid before she asked,

"What are you gonna do after you burn down the Syndicate, Arad? Have you ever thought about that? Ever thought that maybe you don't have to be the monster they made in that facility?"

He still had free will. He could still choose.

They hadn't taken everything. So at least there was that.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2017, 04:39:27 am »
"I'm not talking about saints. I know I ain't one," Arad snarled in response, shaking his head. "And hell? I don't believe in that shit. Heaven and hell. Sure, we've got angels and demons. But an afterlife?" He shook his head. "I'm a program. Programs don't have souls."

His hand jolted to life momentarily, before ceasing again, due to one of the wires she touched a tad too carelessly. "I'm not sure how many. But I'll be damned if they all deserved it." He was a mass murderer, a serial killer, a sociopath and recently also attempted genocide. He had his reasons. But still.

He sat up as she left, wondering just what her plan was. Probably getting some more tools. Though he'd have appreciated the sentiment of telling him. Well, this wasn't a social call. As she leaned forward to take off the visor. He looked in the mirror. A finely, actuated face. His lips seemed to visibly tremble. And the dim lights between the cracks of the plating on his face seemed to light up slightly. Melancholy? He blinked momentarily, reaching up to touch his own lips.

It was cold. Metallic. As was everything to him. And he couldn't feel anything right now. It was either pain as a warning system, or nothing. He shook his head. "Just a stupid design choice," he murmured, before looking up to Reva. "Never considered it," he said, clenching his fist, hopping down. "I'm a monster already. Drawn to war. Even before I became what I am now."

Cheesigator

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2017, 08:59:01 pm »
Well. Hardly the touching moment she'd wondered it might be, but that wasn't any of her business. She set the mirror down as he got off of the counter, despite the fact that she wasn't finished fixing him up yet. He was at least patched up enough for the most part that he wasn't leaking everywhere, so she didn't shove him back onto the metaphorical operating table this time.

Instead she just watched him carefully for a moment, before looking away and shaking her head.

"Well you know what they say. Never too late to change, and all that." But what he'd said about being a program did strike a bit of a cord with her; he was right. He was artificial--if there was an afterlife, he'd never experience it.

If anything, the real Arad, whoever he was, would already be experiencing it right now. He'd died a long time ago, only for this copy of him to take his place. What an interesting phenomena--again, it reminded her of a very old video game she'd played once. SOMA, if she was recalling correctly.

She crossed her arms over her chest, leaning back against the counter as she watched him do.. Whatever it was he thought he was gonna do. She wasn't really sure what else she could say to him, honestly. His life was something nobody could figure out for him, and she knew that all too well.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2017, 07:11:26 pm »
He took the mirror and carefulky placed it down on the metapvorical surgical table, before moving ober to grab his visor again. With a soft hiss, he snapped it in place again. "It is easier to be a faceless monster," he stated with a soft snarl, glancing at Reva over his shoulder. "It makes killing easier. Makes the decisions easier." But, should killing someone ever be easy? These were all thoughts he had beforeto. Thoughts he shoved away because he was too busy with either fighting or running.

Now, he had time. To think and plot. To be caught up by his thoughts and memories once more. Without a word, he moved towards the exit. "Thanks," came a soft snarl as he took a moment to stop. The worst part about this was that he was growing fond of the girl. And when he grew fond of something, it was added weight. Comfort, albeit unescessary and restricting. Or so he told himself.

"But don't get involved any further. You fixed me. I owe you. So I will warn you," resting his hand on the door, he glanced at Reva. "It will only get more dangerous. And soon, they will send people after me that actually know what they're doing. You can turn away still." He honestly had no idea why he even offered a choice. Others involved were either met with a snarl or a night time disappearance. So why did he feel compelled to grant her a choice he didn't provide others?

Cheesigator

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2017, 08:42:26 pm »
Well, he was right about that; it was definitely easier to take lives away when you separated yourself from those you were killing. Accepting your monstrosity made it seem less like you were committing a moral crime, for some odd reason.

She watched him cross the room and pause in the doorway, and he turned to look at her.

She studied him carefully for a moment, before she came up with a response.

"I'm perfectly capable of handling myself, thank you. I want to wipe the floor with their fucking faces, so let me help you." She growled; she wasn't going to take no for an answer. Too dangerous her fuckin ass, she knew how to hold her own in a fight perfectly gods damned well and he should be able to put that together in that droid brain of his. Let them send in better soldiers--she hadn't gotten into a real good brawl in years.

Yknow, it was kind of funny, she realized this whole thing had given her more real excitement in her life than she'd had for a while. She was almost excited for it. Excited for a big showdown, to run in there guns a' blazin' with the idea that they were fighting for something, as small and immature as it was.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2017, 02:13:49 am »
He kept looking at Reva for another moment as she spoke, before nodding. "Then an ally it is," he finally concluded, taking a step back from the door, glancing around to find any kind of cloth that was big enough to envelop him. He moved over to a drawer and pulled it open, finding a piece of fabric that would do. He pulled it out and made it into a makeshift cloak. A dim, red light radiating through the fabric.

"We're headed into town," he suggested, looking up at Rena, before moving over. "Get a feel for the land. Where we can run to, where I can fight, escape routes and such," his hand traveled down to his side. And he opened a secret compartiment open, pulling out a small laser pistol.

"This is advanced stuff, safety's on the left side." He flipped the blaster around. "It's something I barely use. Give it back when it's out of charge," he explained. Pointing at a small slider on the side. "This is to adjust the power. Anti personnel to anti armour. It's in the lowest now." He flicked the small pistol around in his hand. "It'll come in useful when telekinesis fails for some reason," He took a step back, before turning to the door with a soft, mechanical grunt, pulling up a hood from the cloak and putting it on. "Though, your telekinesis is impressive." He had seen others before, but she was on a seperate level of those. She hadn't seen any that could pull missiles out of the air. "Ready to go?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal