Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Damage Control [M?][open by request only]  (Read 733 times)

Offline Nix

Damage Control [M?][open by request only]
« on: December 17, 2016, 10:27:28 pm »
Ailill was really wishing he could take his meds now. Wishing he hadn't just given them to Jon. Wishing he could keep things secret while on them because they HAD been helping but it was just a risk he couldn't afford... but damn if he didn't need them right now. Especially with his mother sitting across from him.

"So you said Simone is dealing with Pilot Cnyte? Do they need help dealing with the others? I would like to speak with the candidates involved before they are sent off, if I may." He asked trying not to seem bothered by the fact that his mother was here, sitting across from him.

Of course he was upset by the fact that there was a brawl involving Pilots and Candidates right here in the ATC. Not to mention the fact that he had not predicted this... he had no visions of anything involving this.. and apparently one of the candidates involved was one he had predicted would graduate. How had he not seen anything about this? Was his mother here to question him on that? Or because he had not responded to her letter perhaps? At least she was focused on the incident now.

~

Cameron sat across from her son and simply nodded, her tail flicking lightly as Ailill spoke. She was humming softly under her breath as she worked out the issues this incident brought up in her mind. There was one big issue she felt needed to be addressed immediately. "You can speak to the candidates if you want Ailill, but there are more important matters to see to." Cameron said dismissing her son's words with a wave of her hand. "Your immediate promotion for instance."

"...Promotion? Moth- Pilot Royal Matthers, forgive me but I don't understand what you mean-"

"I am promoting you to temporary acting Director of Candidate Affairs, since Pilot Rosales could not bother to select someone to take his place-"

"Mother please! You cannot just declare such a thing- can you? And Pilot Letendre is in charge in Pilot Royal Rosales' absence-"

"That is Pilot Royal Matthers, not 'mother', and of course I can Ailill. I just did." Cameron finished typing something on her communicator and looked back up to see the horrified look on her son's face. "Well if Pilot Letendre is supposed to be in charge than where is he?"

"He still has his own work to do as well, and I do not know his schedule off hand but-"

"Do not make excuses for him. You are more suited for the position as it is."

"This is nepotism! And I don't even want the position-"

Cameron scoffed. "You think I would give you something you did not deserve? No one in Candidate Affairs understands the candidates better than you, and knows which ones are worthy of our investment as well as you do."

~

Why did that piss him off so much? He didn't feel like he deserved even a temporary promotion. He didn't want a temporary promotion- and while he agreed that true leadership and command within the ATC was lacking since Pilot Royal Rosales was recovering he did not feel now was the appropriate time for this discussion. And yet Ailill could not voice any of this to his mother. "...Cross is in charge-"

"Pilot Letendre is not doing a satisfactory job."

"He is doing the best any one of us could do under the circumstances! Pilot Royal Rosales was attacked! Cross was attacked! We were attacked! I would not be surprised if this was backlash for what Sade did and-"

"Backlash? So you believe that this incident was Gospel related?"

Shit. He didn't mean to say that out loud. It was too soon for theories but... well there had been too many internal issues that they were dealing with... but he was fairly certain he had never heard his mother actually acknowledge Gospels before. "All I am saying is we cannot rule it out. Many Pilots have been on edge for some time, that much is obvious. I can see how distrust might escalate but not to such a level, and not involving candidates." He sighed a bit.

"This is why you should be in charge Ailill."

"Pilot Letendre outranks me and I have no interest in-"

Cameron sighed and narrowed her serious gaze at her son in a way that still gave him chills. "Fine. You said Pilot Letendre is busy with his own work as well correct? Then assist him. The two of you can share the position. I want you to keep order here Pilot Echo Matthers."

Well, that there was no arguing with. He wanted to say that the pressure was more than he reasonably believed he could handle given various circumstances, but admitting weakness was not an option. "Yes, Pilot Royal Matthers, thank you for this opportunity." He said nodding, though he wanted to scream. He had learned a long time ago how to keep cool in public. How to not show his thoughts or emotions.

~

Cameron stood up and nodded back in Ailill's direction despite looking down at her communicator, tapping away furiously at the screen. "I will send you all necessary information and push this through immediately. Expect messages from me shortly as well as a mass memo to be issued later today- oh and Ailill." She looked up at him, at his stoic face and those dark blue eyes that looked just like her own. "Make sure you answer your personal messages in the future as well." Cameron flicked her tail once more as she exited the room, her heels clacking on the floor.

~

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 02:40:57 am by Nix »

Offline Nix

Re: Damage Control [M?][open by request only]
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 08:39:02 pm »
'Congratulations on your temporary promotion. I would not argue with it becoming a permanent and not shared title but I have learned not to expect much from you in regards to advancement.'

Ailill really wanted to bang his head against his desk now. Cameron JUST LEFT and already Nemesis was congratulating him? Or at least doing it backhandedly.

'Word travels fast via hive mind I suppose. I apologize for always falling short of your expectations.' Ailill sent back the telepathic communication to his dragon. Nemesis was better than some dragons but very straightforward and often obnoxiously blunt. Ailill supposed that he was fortunate that Nemesis did seem to show mild concern and consideration for him but the Pilot would not go as far as to say his dragon cared about him.

'You are not. It is not as if I had aspirations of becoming Imperial so I suppose your lack of motivation for promotion is not really a detriment to me. You should have simply turned her down. I am surprised you didn't, especially given your... condition.'

The way those words sounded in his head made a chill run down his spine. 'I do not have a 'condition' Nemesis I have depression and it is being treated. If you think I am defective get rid of me and find another Pilot.' He didn't mean to say that. He had never spoken to his dragon that way and the silence in his mind seemed deafening as he waited for Nemesis to respond or for some swift punishment to befall him.

Silence.

Silence.

Nothing.

And then...

The smallest chuckling grunt entered his mind. He had never heard Nemesis laugh before. He didn't know that dragons COULD laugh! Ailill let out a breath he didn't realize he had been holding.

'I suppose you aren't if you have enough back bone to say such a thing. I do not want another Pilot. I want a reliable precog as my Pilot and you are the best. However you were just proven wrong regarding one of your predictions. This incident is not something you have gleaned before I presume?'

Ailill sighed deeply and closed his eyes, fully immersing himself in conversation with Nemesis now, feeling at least slightly more relaxed than he had ever been speaking to a dragon before. 'It is something that I feel was not supposed to happen. I cannot explain the feeling just that the incident feels... tainted and out of place. It feels wrong. Of course the future is always changing, any small action or inaction can affect its course but this just feels... unreal.'

'I see. You wish to investigate the matter then?'

'Shouldn't I? Especially given my promotion?'

'Your level of involvement is up to Inquiry and us. I think you should establish a sense of order that has been lacking in the ATC since Pilot Rosales has been absent.'

'I understand, I am just unsure how to go about that.'

'Might I suggest making an example of the candidates involved before they are sent to TRIM?'

And with that, and not even so much as a goodbye, Ailill could feel the dragon leave his mind and he was left alone with one resounding question. What Would Roman Do?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 02:45:24 am by Nix »

Offline Nix

Re: Damage Control [M?][open by request only]
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 06:30:28 am »
Omajon Rheeves found himself in the middle of a mess he didn't think anyone could have ever predicted. Ailill certainly hadn't or there was no way he would have agreed to meet with Jon today, especially not here. Jon clutched the mint tin in his pocket and tried to sort out all the emotional static radiating off everyone and among it he found that someone was staring at him. Across the circular hall he saw Pilot Noble Matthers, and their eyes met for a moment. He frowned at her and she went back to her business- which it seemed involved questioning Pilot Cnyte.

Jon knew he had to keep this cool and just be calm. It was hard given what was happening around him but he knew the best thing to do was stay and help out if he could, while not seeming too eager to inject himself into the whole situation. Pilots and Candidates alike were being round up for questioning-

A group of Pilot Royals had just stood by and watched-

How did something like this happen? How did a group of Pilots and Candidates end up attacking one Pilot and in the ATC no less??? How could superior officers- Pilot Royals of all people just stand by and watch?

The general mood and emotional response from everyone seemed to be the same sort of disbelief.

"What is the Seeker department doing here? Were you called in by someone Pilot Cardinal Rheeves?"

That voice. Jon turned to face Pilot Royal Cameron Matthers. "No Ma'am I happened to be here at the ATC and when I heard the commotion I just thought I might be able to help." He answered, saluting her.

"Has any one given you orders?" Her gaze was straightforward but he wouldn't be much of a Pilot if he could not tell she was sizing him up. She tapped at her communicator, looking something up on the screen it seemed.

"No ma'am I have not. I have not touched anything or interfered with the investigation, I just wanted to make myself available since I am here."

"Very well. Let your supervisor know the situation and then report to Pilot Noble Matthers. If there is a need for your assistance they will let you know."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal