Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Colourful adventures! [Lion!]  (Read 7082 times)

ARAD V1.0

Colourful adventures! [Lion!]
« on: October 21, 2016, 04:28:16 pm »
A soft humming came from Senna as she made her way to her colleague's place, glancing around as she did. Senna adjusted her collar and straightened out her skirt, before stopping at the door to Rhodes' residence. She knocked on the door softly, before taking a step back, waiting for him to open up. She had sent him a text, insisting to keep this evening free.

After all, it was a year now since their first mission together. And while they would head into the field soon again, both her and Avaster had some down time. She reserved a table in a friend's restaurant, it'd be the perfect occasion to just relax a little. The anniversary of their meeting, after all, deserved celebration.

The young adult was clad in her casual attire, one that wasn't outfitted with thermal regulators opposed to her combat suit. She found she could tolerate Libra's atmosphere long enough without getting ill. And it was far more comfortable aswell, felt more snug and warm aswell, despite the lack of regulators.

She tapped her foot against the floor idly while she waited.

Offline Lion

Re: Colourful adventures! [Lion!]
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 11:38:42 pm »
Truth be told he didn't really feel like going out tonight. He'd received Senna's text, but he didn't respond right away. He really didn't know what to say, it wasn't easy to feel like you were going no where in life and that nothing really mattered anymore.  A week ago he was a pilot for the Libran Navy, and was a damned good one too. A week ago, he was happier - or as happy as he could pretend to be - but now something had happened that just made him feel confused and lost.

It didn't help that Senna was already outside the door of his apartment in Sector A52 on Libra Station.  It was a little more upscale than the residences of other military folks, but the Commander said he'd earned it, and Avaster didn't have the will to fight him on it. Nevertheless, it didn't help to save him from the ire of other employees.

As he heard his apartment's AI announce Senna's arrival, he thanked it but remained inert on the sofa for about five minutes before deciding to get up. He could have instructed the computer to open it for him, but that was just lazy. He needed a reason to not be a lump.

"Hey Sen," he muttered, looking at Senna tiredly as he opened the door, pressing the access button the door sliding out into the wall.  It slid back automatically as he side-stepped to let her through.  "What brings ya by?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 04:28:37 pm »
"Seems to be taking his sweet time," Senna mused after two minutes of no answer had passed. She believed he was getting ready to go out just like that. Just refining his outfit for a few seconds. It made the young cryomancer feel honoured that he'd want to look prim and proper for their celebration.

Though, another minute, she frowned softly. She did add an hour to the text, didn't she? The idea of flash freezing his door and kicking it in came to mind. Though she'd have to cover the expenses. Unlike Avaster, she wasn't doing all too well financially. It was easy for pureblood Librans to get promoted and get wages, but for a former Aedolian, a fugitive from TRIM and someone that looked like her. Well, discrimination tended to kick in, keeping her somewhere down in the lower wards, the less friendly and less clean sectors.

She smiled softly as the door slid open, yet he smile froze as she witnessed Avaster's current state, only to slowly turn to a frown. Having expected her colleague to be all dressed up for their night out. She stepped forward and patted the back of her hand against his chest, obviously displeased. "You know what brings me here," she answered. "Today's a special day, get dressed.. And gods, when was the last time you showered, Avvy?" She inquired with a soft giggle. Sure, she immediately knew there was something wrong, it wasn't hard to tell,m. Butbnow was just not the time to talk. They could, but later, now she had to get her dear colleague to their reservation in time.

Offline Lion

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 07:36:36 pm »
Gods sometimes the perkiness was hard to take in when it was offered in large spoonfuls. Even Avaster didn't want to be mean to such a sweet face though. If only other people felt that way, if only they saw what he saw. If only they would treat her with the respect a soldier like her deserved.  That was a thought for another time, however. He had enough to process for now.

Avaster rolled his head over his shoulders, taking in a deep breath and spewing it out before he sat down on the sofa again, slumping so that his legs were over the armrest.  "Why?" he asked with a melancholy look  on his face.  He stared up at the ceiling.

It was a special day.  He didn't forget, but he didn't want her to know.  It didn't hurt to tease the young woman too much.  Besides his pajamas were more comfortable than the itchy clothes she wanted him to wear.

"Yesterday," he said.  "That was the last time I showered."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 11:10:59 pm »
She walked in, graceful like she always did. Avaster, hoxever, knew that her way of walking did not betray her brash and clumsy attitude. She sat down next to him in the sofa."Because I made reservations," she answered, cheek puffing up slight, before she started to pout, slapping his shoulder. "It's been a year since, it deserves celebration,"  she added, before huffing and turning her head the other way, offended.

"It isn't exactly fine dining, I can't afford that, but I got us a nice spot at Kath's," she said after a brief moment of silence and after a petulant huff. "So get at least something on that isn't your jammies. And shower."

She pushed herself up, starting to circle the main hall, glancing around, before turning to his fridge and opening it, grabbing whatever juice or soda he kept in the fridge, taking a swig from the bottle. "And be quick about it," she stated after belching softly. "These clothes have no thermals."

Offline Lion

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 03:39:10 pm »
So her solution was to help herself to a drink in his fridge. Avaster laughed, watching her with idle amusement.  Of course, why else would they be having this dinner if there wasn't such a trust between them that he would let her just take stuff from his fridge.  He could possibly drink all those colas by himself. 

"Where do you get the nerve in telling me what to do?" he chuckled with a laugh. He was just kidding, but he knew by her tone that she meant business.

"Fiiiine," he huffed and stood, walking to the bathroom to take a quick shower.  Within fifteen minutes he was dressed and had his hair slicked back.  He wore his flight jacket, while it wasn't exactly formal he never went anywhere without it.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 09:25:44 am »
She pushed the door shut again, going to sit down in his sofa again. "Dunno, I texted you in time," she answered, still having the soda in her hand. "So, get going," she added with a cheeky smirk, before leaning back into his seat.

Even as he returned, she was still in his sofa, having gone through half the bottle already. She screwed the cap on and put it down, standing up straight and making her way to the door. "Let's go, then," she concluded.

Offline Lion

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 06:28:25 pm »
"At least have the guns to put it back in the fridge," Avaster deliberately whined.  But he didn't wait for her to finish before he took the drink and put it back himself. That wasn't so hard, but he was doing his damnedest to avoid having to go to dinner.  Geeze, did they have to make an event of it? Why couldn't they just watch some tube and eat chips like they did on weekends? That was worth doing.

But he didn't voice any further delay or protest. There wasn't any use. Not when Senna went out of her way for him. So instead he put his arm around her shoulders, grabbed his keys and  called out for the apartment AI to close the door behind him.  He squeezed Senna's shoulders.  "Okay. Sorry. I'm not intentionally trying to be a sourpuss," he sniffed, shrugging.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 09:24:01 am »
"It's your bottle in your house," she started with a mischievous smirk. "So it's your mess. I'm not cleaning up your mess," she concluded with a soft giggle, she glanced back towards the door and took several more steps before letting out a soft squeal of surprise when he got a hold around her shoulders.

"Not intentionally, no," she answered, before huffing petulantly. "But you've been acting like this for some time now," she shook her head, glancing up at him, those oddly colored eyes glancing at his. "We'll talk properly at Kath's, 'kay?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 04:59:56 pm »
Avaster smiled for her sake.  There wasn't any reason to be morose with her. She was well meaning, and he smiled at the thought that she went out of her way for him. The tram wasn't running that day, but at least Kath's wasn't too far of a trek from where they were.

The neon signs from the eateries on this level came into view and Avaster poked Senna.  "What time was the reservation?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 11:13:37 am »
"Don't you poke a lady, you butt," she answered, driving two fingers against his ribcage in retaliation, followed by a content chuckle. "A quarter past seven," she answered, sliding her cell from her pocket. "So seven minutes ago," she added, voice sounding defeated.

But regardless, she pushed the door open, holding it for Avaster, before stepping in. It was a small place, the theme was rustic, lots of wooden ornaments and decorations here and there. Though it looked more like a bar with a kitchen, rather than a restaurant.

"Neon!" A young and enthusiastic, feminine voice resounded from behind the bar. While the woman looked a tad older than Senna herself, her eyes sparked with some of the same enthusiasm Senna's did. "Kath!" Senna immediately called out in kind, making her way over to the bar. "I didn't know you could get such good lookin' fellows here," Kath whispered, before glancing at Avaster, causing the young cryomancer to blush slightly. "It isn't like that," she hissed in response, before pushing herself up and coughing. "Anyhow, our reservation," she said primly.

Kath only chuckled and made her way from behind the bar, motioning for the couple to follow. Which Senna immediately did, too preoccupied with her friend to notice the other patrons, few in number in the calm bar, staring at her, distrustfully. Several snarks were made, several insults thrown, which Senna rather ignored than anything else.

Offline Lion

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 08:34:24 pm »
Avaster didn't say anything, he was content to let Senna do the talking. Avaster wasn't the kind of person that would talk to strangers all on his own if he didn't have something important to say. He was content to be Senna's silent companion after all. She seemed to like taking the lead as it were.  So he followed the pair to the table, smiling nicely, and thanking the other woman with a bow of his head.

"You're sitting right over there in the corner," Kath said with a grin, winking at the pair and eying Avaster a while. He only smiled and followed them to their table just on the side of the rest. Kath too ignored the glances of others.  While she wasn't on Level A standards of living, she did pretty well for herself with this place. And she was able to fit in pilots of all calibers.

Avaster helped Senna into her seat before taking his place in front of her and laying his head on the table, making a weird tired sound.  Their waiter came by and stared at them.  "This isn't a library, sir," he instructed.  "If you would like to take a nap, it'll have to be there."

"Okay, whatever you say.  Bring me a cola," he said, raising his head from the table.  He laid his head on his hand, resting elbow on the edge.  "With ice, please."

"And you miss?" the waiter smiled at Senna, looking her over, pleased.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 03:14:39 pm »
Senna smiled and nodded in thanks when Avaster offered her seat, sitting down and resting her arms on the table, leaning forward, glancing at her counterpart when he rested his head on the table. She wanted to make a witty retort, but the waiter beat her to it, causing her to lean back in her seat, folding her arms. She watched the interaction with a soft smile, before glancing at the waiter. "The same," she answered with a soft nod.

She sat forward, resting her elbows on the table and her chin on her folded hands.

"Lazy butt," she murmured with a soft snort, crossing her legs. "At least try to stay awake, would you?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 08:03:29 pm »
Avaster laughed.  "I'm only trying to make myself a spectacle for your benefit," he said.  "I saw those looks people gave you. Like you don't belong. But they don't know you like I do."

He shrugged and smiled at the waiter when he brought their sodas.  He took a long swig and tried to hold back the burp that was forming in his chest.  He did so successfully and eyed her.  "You know your eyes are awesome. Did anyone ever tell you that?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 09:25:30 am »
She arched an eyebrow momentarily, before nodding softly. "Thanks," she murmured softly. She relaxed again as the drinks were delivered, along with the menu. Which was rather limited, given the eatery was more a bar than an actual restaurant.

She frowned softly, before shaking her head. "Nope, no one ever told me," she mused, glancing at Avaster again. Her eyes slowly started to alternate colour, from red to violet, to yellow, to black and back to normal. She chuckled softly, shaking her head.

Offline Lion

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 05:10:14 pm »
"So it's really been a year huh?"  Avaster was careful with his drink, making sure there weren't little floaties in it. He couldn't be sure the waiter didn't spit in it. But whatever the case, he figured there wasn't much use in complaining about it.  So he took a drink, appreciating the sugary rush.

"I don't know how you put up with me, Senna.  Because nobody wanted to be my partner until you came along.  You must be a glutton for punishment."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 05:43:12 pm »
"Yup, the full three hundred and sixtyfive days," she chirped in response, giving him a soft smirk. At the same ime,t she handed him the menu since she had made her choice. "Or a year, yes, else I wouldn't take you out here and just mooch off of you at your place." A soft chuckle left her as she circled her finger over her glass, the icecubes reacting to it and stirring the drink. These icecubes also started to radiate a plethora lf colours, alternating slowly.

She frowned softly, shaking her head with a soft sigh. "Even if I didn't want to, I had no choice, Avvy. And you know that,"  she prodded his knee with hers. "And it all turned out juuuust fiiiine."

Offline Lion

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 11:59:33 pm »
"You always have the choice. So don't make yourself sound so stuck. But things turned out for the better.  We can leave it at that, I'm satisfied. What about you?" he said with a chuckle.  The soda was good.  He didn't like beer even though that was something that was preferred in a place like Kath's. Everyone else was drinking and winding down for the evening, even some other pilots and military stooges.

Avaster relaxed and looked over their menus.  "Whatcha gonna order?  I'm feeling like a cheeseburger."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 01:06:00 am »
"Hm. A former Aedolian and a TRIM refugee," she tutted her lips. "In Libra. I don't think I do," she answered with a soft chuckle. "But regardless. I'm looking forward to another year," she answered, giving him a sweet smile, hand retreating from the now colourfully radiant icecubes, taking the glass to sip from it, relishing the tingling feeling on her lips. She then took a swig, before putting the glass down, letting put a soft breath.

"I was going with the steak and fries," she answered with a soft nod. "Knowing Kath, I get a free fried egg ontop," she added with a giggle.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:07:20 am by ARAD V1.0 »

Offline Lion

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 10:36:26 am »
"Why you!?" Avaster said, sitting up in his chair.  His eyes narrowed, and he looked across to Kath who waved at the pair of them.  Hrmm.  It wasn't like he wasn't friends with her either, but he guessed people were more responsive to a bubbly nature than his quiet brooding one. Senna was the only one that ever saw him smile at any given time after all. 

In any case he was too hungry to argue the matter.  So when the waiter came by with his tablet, he jotted down their respective orders and he nodded to the pair once again.  Avaster sighed, leaning on his  elbows. He resisted the urge to lay on the table again, after all he was with his friend.  And clearly the waiter didn't like people who used tables as pillows.

"I guess we're stuck with each other then for another year.  I can clink glasses to that," he said, raising his cup and tapping it against Senna's.  "Here's to a wonderful partnership."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal