Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The wrong words (Open)  (Read 2337 times)

Morgan Droud

Re: The wrong words (Open)
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 05:51:23 pm »
"HER mind?" The countless voices immediately quieted down, listening to this conversation between the intruder and the child.

"What would possibly make you think that? ME? In HER mind? Have you looked around you recently? How many other do you see here?" The chuckle returned, and the the sound of a clock rang out.

"It's really not your business, but want to hear something kinda funny?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 04:10:19 pm »
"I see none, I see nothing, for I only hear and answer," Sterak retorted with a soft snarl, before gritting his teeth. "I am already hearing something so funny it is unbearable. Your voice laced with certainty you hold more power over me." The aura of power that surrounded him only seething.

"But humour me, child. For I listen."

Morgan Droud

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 05:59:42 pm »
"Heh. You think you hold power here? This is the domain of hundreds, the collective mind of everyone that girl has met, and you know what?"

Her voice was cold, and authoritative. She knew exactly what she spoke about, and she knew just what to do to clear out this, unwelcome guest.

"I know that SOMEONE here would love to meet you."

A mental force of equal strength to Sterak's own revealed itself, pressuring everything in the empty space.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:09:19 pm by Morgan Droud »

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2016, 02:04:22 pm »
Sterak glanced around, snorting softly. "Do you wish for me to kneel?" He chuckled softly. "You'll have to cut my legs of in order to do that," he snarled, before shaking his head. "That they reveal themselves, I need to report to my superiors. I have no time for children's games."

Morgan Droud

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 02:10:54 pm »
"Humph."

The child's voice was seemed annoyed, and went silent. The other voices faded as well, leaving Morgan and Sterak alone in the void of her mind.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 02:21:19 pm »
"So be it, trouble us no further," he answered. "Or I will find you." At that, Sterak took a deep sigh, before pulling back out of Morgan's mind. It seemed during the talk, they had arrived at the hospital.

The medical staff watched as Sterak opened his eyes again and nodded at them. "Take her in, set guards outside her room."

Morgan Droud

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 10:58:51 am »
(Out in Deep Space - Part II)

"Why isn't anything working properly!?"

Binary was incredibly annoyed. Not only had she lost contact with the drone she had connected to Morgan, but now one of the signal stations she used to piggyback her Technopathy had shut down.

I don't think you'll be able to find them again. That guy was really powerful, if he was able to crush one of the drones with just brute strength.

"So what! He stole her from me, and she was really fun to play with. She's like a hundred people, sharing one body."

But she's gone now. You can't connect to her without the drone, and you power only let you control machines, not people. She'll probably never let it happen to her again.

"But!"

Just give it up. It's over.

She sat, sulking for a few moments, then shot up, and a devious grin formed on her face.

"Not quite..."

What do you mean?

"You can do it. My power needs relays to reach her, but yours doesn't right? You can just hop over, grab something, and send it after her."

In a hospital room within Aedolis, a familiar metallic arachnid suddenly blacked out, rebooted, and crawled into the hospital's power grid. As the lights went out, within a certain hospital room, a set of violet and crimson eyes opened, for the first time in a long while, free from outside control.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:16:28 pm by Morgan Droud »

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 12:31:27 am »
Sterak was waiting in the room with Morgan, hooked up to several machines to register her vitals, the half demon's eyes were closed, scanning far and wide for any arcane influences. The lights flakkered out and Sterak opened his eyes.

Something old and ancient had stirred. The half demon took a deep breath and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, his chin on his folded hands. "Archeus," he started, knowing his drake was paying attention. "When I go out of contact, raze this place to the ground. Whatever this is, it isn't demonic. Hellfire can consume it," he said.

Yet he made no move. He would wait untill whatever decided to attack them come to them.

Morgan Droud

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 09:29:28 am »
Tainted. Broken. Fragmented.

That was how Morgan felt as her mid stabilized. The creation of its current powers was a mistake, but an understandable one. Even for an elder being such as it, the influence of the countless others it had interacted with had shifted with its mentality. The prior incarnation had likely not even noticed the shift, subtle as it was.

As she went through he rest of the memories that had been unsealed, she notice another change. Some of the powers of a prior incarnation been reformed, but she had never noticed. Opening her eyes, she saw the Demon from before sitting in front of her.

"You..."

It was thanks to this creature that she had regained her freedom. At the very least, a thanks was deserved.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2016, 03:48:17 am »
Sterak glanced down at Morgan. "You're awake," he stated idly, before glancing around the dark room. He heard a snarling question from his dragon in his head. "Yes, I'd like to relay the order to evacuatze everyone here, Archeus," he answered before glancing down at Morgan.

"Ready to answer some questions?"

Morgan Droud

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2016, 05:08:31 pm »
"Of course."

She stood up and manifested a new set of clothes. The ones she was currently wearing didn't seem fitting, so she went back to the old style. Her hospital gown dissolved, replaced by black pants, and shoes, and a pure white shirt covered by a black and crimson coat. Pulling up her sleeve to check, a familiar set of runes ran across her left arm. Checking at the other, the the metal it was made of had changed, from steel to an ash grey alloy of some kind. Looking over the Sterak, she could see a connection between him and the Dragon she sensed above the hospital.

"Ask away."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 09:10:50 am »
Sterak nodded, leaning back in his seat, folding his arms. "Alright. First things first, who are you?" He asked, well, he needed a name to add to his report.

After that, he took a deep breath. "And while you're at it, why are you in Aedolis?"

Morgan Droud

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 10:58:26 am »
"I am Morgan, no one, and nothing else. That may not be enough for your superiors, but that's all I may tell you. As for why I am here, that would be a little more complicated."

She thought on it for a moment, than summoned a wineglass and sipped from it.

"It wasn't my intention to come here though. Purely accidental."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:59:18 am by Morgan Droud »

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 11:05:28 am »
"All you 'may' tell me," Sterak huffed, before snorting. Yet listening to her other answers, before letting out a dry, myrthless chuckle. "I do tend to think you misunderstand, 'Morgan'," he sighed softly. "It's in your best interest what my superiors are statisfied with, because me talking to you is a favour. I can easily tear down, arrest you and have not only your body, but your mind sealed from reality. Our mindflayers can easily find what we need to know," he sighed softly.

"So. Last chance. Who are you and what are you doing here?"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:08:26 am by ARAD V1.0 »

Morgan Droud

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 12:51:48 pm »
Chuckling, she turned to him and the glass in her hands disappeared.

"That is all I may, will, and can tell you. After such a long time gone I've finally been returned to this reality, and I doubt there's anything such minuscule existences as your selves can do about it. If you feel like it though..."

The room around them was covered by blackness, and she watched his link to the dragon outside fade away.

"Feel free to try."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 12:52:03 pm by Morgan Droud »

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 10:37:03 am »
"Miniscule..?" The chair underneath Sterak momentarily combusted into roaring flames, dissappearing completely. Not even ashes were left. "I am one of the highest beings to live," he added as he rose to his feet. "The gates of hell open at my command. So be ready to be consumed by the fire."

His crimson eyes lit up in the darkness and slowly, the entire room sparked into flames. As the words left his lips, a loud roar resounded. Archeus felt the bond wavering.

And boy was he pissed.

Within the blink of an eye the entire hospital was razed to the ground, Sterak still standing between the ashes arms folded, unscathed.

Morgan Droud

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2016, 03:39:05 pm »
"Ahh, I remember Hell. It was a nice place, a little hot, but had really good pizza."

Morgan looked around at the ashes of the hospital, then up at the dragon that had burned it to the ground.

"That was a bit excessive, don't you think? I mean, someone could have gotten hurt, and if I was anyone else I could've died. Or were you trying to kill me?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2016, 09:14:59 am »
Sterak didn't even answer to her, rather, he stepped forward, hand aflame and aiming to grip her face.

And if the grab was succesful, he'd slam her down against the ground, with enough force to shatter the concrete.

Morgan Droud

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2016, 03:59:34 pm »
"So, you are trying to kill me?"

Morgan took a step back, just avoiding Sterak's grasp.

"You do know, when I said "Feel free to try," I meant it as in, "Feel free to try, later." I'm still recovering from all that stuff before."

Spreading her wings, she took off, avoiding the dragon still above them, and shot toward the city's outskirts.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal