Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Request for Personal Space Denied [Open!]  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Nix

Re: Request for Personal Space Denied [Open!]
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 01:13:10 pm »
"That sounds fine." Ailill said as he grabbed his satchel bag, he hated leaving his books here unattended. It had never actually been an issue, and cheating was not worth the punishment, but the punishment for failing was the same so it often lead lesser students to desperate actions. Besides, there were things in his bag he didn't want others to see. A thought that he had to keep quiet.

"Caffeine is a welcome drug as far as I am concerned, and the cantina is by no means the worst place to get it." He smiled a little as he made his way to the door, waiting for Sterak and then locking the classroom door behind them.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2017, 03:17:33 pm »
Sterak straightened one of the chairs, before shaking his head with a soft murmur. He slipped his thumb behind a piece of chain, moving out the room. "A drug?" Sterak inquired with a soft chuckle, turning to wait for Ailill to fall into step next to him.

And as he did, Sterak made his way to the cantina. "Do you get a lot of other Royals here?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 03:28:19 am »
"Yes, caffeine is a drug Sterak. A highly addictive one at that but it also can be used to stimulate brain activity and- I'm not getting into this right now." He actually chuckled a little, maybe because Sterak had.

Ailill followed Sterak towards the cantina, noting how candidates were reacting to the other. "What do you need me to stroke your ego again? You have been a mentor for quite some time. You know you are far from the only Royal in the ATC... you are probably just one of the most popular." He muttered. He was a good looking, young looking Pilot Royal with a pretty good reputation as a mentor... most candidates hoped to catch the eye of a mentor like Sterak, Ailill was certainly grateful to when he was a candidate. "There are Pilot Royals who actually work here too."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 04:10:35 am »
"Y'see. I didn't know that," he answered with a soft snort. "You're teaching me now. I'll perhaps even attend some of your classes," he frowned softly. "What do these youngens say these days? Teach?" He inquired with a soft chuckle.

"I wasn't asking, but if you're offering," Sterak answered. Shaking his head with an amused little snort. "Let me go in turn. You might be one of the best candidates I've ever had," he offered the compliment, pushing open the door to the cafetaria. It was true he was among one of the most famous pilots. Among one of the most renowned seeker. Pilot Royals were always an example to candidates. But he had noticed how it was the current trend for him to be an example. It had to make him on guard of his actions even more than usual.

Offline Nix

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 12:27:14 am »
"They definitely don't say that." He said shaking his head and tried not to get embarrassed by the compliment... it was a big one from Sterak, and to Ailill it was akin to an emotionally distant father saying he was proud of his son. "Thank you. I am very glad you were my mentor."

When they reached the cafeteria Ailill thanked Sterak for opening the door for him and he headed straight for where the coffee station was. Sure you could order fancy drinks but Ailill preferred to make his own concoction. It was pretty simple anyway, just a bit particular. He used to drink just black coffee but recently discovered black french vanilla coffee with a pump of caramel syrup. Ok that made it not true black coffee... especially if you mixed it enough. He was still stirring when he looked over at Sterak. "You do actually have a bit of a reputation for being scary though."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 07:02:48 am »
"Then what do they say?" Sterak inquired with a soft frown. Generally curious now. He took a deep breath and nodded. "I'm happy to hear you think that way, Ailill."

When he got his own roast, completely black and.. Near to boiling hot, Sterak looked over to his former pupil, holding up the cup. "I know," Sterak answered with a soft shrug. "I don't mind either way. It keeps people that would waste my time at bay," he explained with a chuckle, moving to sit down, glancing at Ailill as he did.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:14:44 am by ARAD V1.0 / Dad: 76 »

Offline Nix

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 05:55:01 am »
"Honestly I try to filter out candidate jargon. As long as they aren't actually talking in code its none of my concern. I am not about to try and 'be cool' by using it because it only shows my age. If you want the latest run down on candidate slang I suggest you idle in the candidate chat room or just ask your candidate or Landis Montgomery Flane. He will probably hit on you though." Ailill said as he sat down across from Sterak. He sipped his drink and glanced around at the others muddling about in the room. Some Pilots, some candidates, some he knew, some he barely recognized.

His thoughts drifted back to his mother's letter and the fact that she was trying to set him up with someone. It sent a shiver down his spine just thinking about it. He wondered how long he would be able to get away ignoring his mother... or her wishes.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2017, 03:55:23 am »
Sterak snorted bemusedly. That seemed to be the gist of every pilot he would meet. "I see. It's not like I want to," he answered with a shrug. "And, that indeed seems to norm nowadays. I'd be surprised if I met a pilot who wouldn't at least flirt. Regardless of gender."

He leaned back, tracing a finger across the edge of his cup idly, thinking. And so did Ailill. He took a deep sigh and sat forward again, shaking his head. It wouldn't do to sit here in silence, with his former mentee. He knew Ailill for some time now. And he had the pleasure of watching him grow. Only to see him fall into depression. And he had no idea how to pull him from it. He knew that doing something as simple as trying to talk it out would have no effect. Even an adverse one. It pained him, to see one of his former pupils like this. "Ailill," he sat up slightly. "This might sound a very odd question, coming from me." Perhaps this question was also one for personal, egotistical gain.

"Have you ever fallen in love?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal