Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Request for Personal Space Denied [Open!]  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Nix

Request for Personal Space Denied [Open!]
« on: September 22, 2016, 05:41:36 pm »
Ailill was not doing well. It did not help that one of the candidates he least wanted to see came seeking him out to deliver a letter. A letter from Cameron of all people.

He turned the letter over in his hands. Actual paper mail. Well. That's what happens when you ignore repeated personal messages from your mother. It was hardly a mistake that it was sent to Castor. Ailill never would have checked his mailbox and Cameron knew that. Castor on the other hand was a good obedient son. And a good son of Aedolis. It was hard to see the teenager circling the drain. Ailill had never wished so hard that a vision was wrong.

What was worse was the kid staring at him, silently seeking for hope and validation that Ailill could not offer him. He never told candidates the outcome of his visions and he was not starting with Castor Matthers.

The whole situation had him resenting his mother even more. Sending that poor kid... It was wrong. It was fucked up. It was all so fucked up. And what was it about? If she contacted him as the Ministry Director he would have responded, but she hadn't. None of her correspondence with him recently had been official. Ailill had half a mind to rip up the letter without opening it.

But that would just make it worse. With his luck she would actually come by to visit him. It was bad enough his dad was around all the time now that he was teaching at the ATC too, the last thing he needed was his mother coming by.

With an exasperated sigh that made him look more like his father than he ever wanted to, Ailill finally opened the letter he had been fiddling with since Castor left.

Shit. Shit shit shit shit!

He had only scanned the letter before balling it up and throwing it across his classroom. FUCK! This was not happening! She was not really trying to set him up with someone was she?! And using his depression and 'lack of sex' as a fucking excuse! Concerned?? There was no way that woman could be concerned about anyone but herself!

He should have known better. He should not have read that letter during his office hours. Maybe he could just leave? But where would he go? To confront her and tell her once and for all to back out of his personal life? That would not go over well... He wished she would just leave him alone. He wished he was anywhere else right now.

Damn could he use a distraction.

[This takes place in the ATC and I'm really looking for preferably a Pilot, but Stage 2 Candidates or higher and other Military Personnel are ok too. I am not looking for the person his mom is trying to set him up with though.]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:15:37 pm by Nix »

ARAD V1.0

Re: Request for Personal Space Denied [Open!]
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 10:37:30 am »
[I am going to cease this opportunity to tease my newest Pilot Candidate which I am still making!]

There was really a difference in how Pilot Candidates reacted when seeing a Pilot Royal for the first time in their lives. Sterak had already sorted them in groups. There were fangirls, who at the first possible occassion explained how you were their idol and how you were the one to make them want to be a pilot. And don't let the term be confusing. Boys coukd easily be fangirls.

There were the formal types, who bowed and showed proper respect. By far, Sterak's favourites. People who froze in place, fainted.

And, while it was as funny as it was frustrating, the very young Pilot Candidates who hadn't learned about proper etiquette and straight up came to feel his rumoured impenetrable skin. Their seniors were surprisingly quick on the uptake and immediately pulled them away and apologised. It was truly an event for a Pilot Royal like him to navigate through the ATC.

He turned to enter a certain classroom, after all, he wouldn't visit the ATC without any proper reason, now he had one, a very good reason, even. A new candidate, rumoured to be pretty good at what she did. And she was a star, before becoming a Candidate.

What he didn't expect however, was a balled piece.of.paper flung towards him, even before it could make contact, the letter caught fire and completely disintegrated, not even leaving ashes.

Sterak looked at Ailill and sighed softly. His ennerved state was obvious. He turned towards Ailill and made his way to the desk. "I have a request, Ailill," Sterak started. It was very rare for him to call someone by their name like that, leaving away all titles and such. But the Pilot was a friend, close enough for the Pilot Royal to trust him and care for him enough to leave those away. And he had priorly insisted Ailill did the same on private occassions, this one such.

Since the information he wanted wasn't for an investigation or for any worthwhile to Aedolis, it was his personal curiousity. "Something about a new, fresh candidate," he started as he pulled up a picture from his pocket, holding it up.

It was a young teenager, Ailill might even recognise her as MeowMix, if he'd follow the competitive scene of the current trending game, Gun War Online. Her being one of the top players. "How far will she get?"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:52:21 am by ARAD V1.0 »

Offline Nix

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 02:47:21 pm »
Ailill was not expecting anyone to walk in when he threw the letter, let alone Sterak. But as always Sterak did something to make him feel better, even if it was unintentional. Seeing the letter burst into flames and disappear was rather therapeutic. He let out a sigh he didn't know he had even been holding as the other Pilot drew near.

How long had it been since he saw Sterak? Or even talked to him... Messaged him? There was a time where even at his busiest he messaged his former mentor at least once a week.. But now. Things had been different for a few months now. Since he secretly stopped taking his meds.

"Pilot Roy- Sterak. You know I only submit formal reports on my visions. I never tell anyone else." He knew the fact that Sterak had called him Ailill meant this was a personal inquiry and not for any official capacity. He frowned, glanced at the photo and rubbed his temples. He knew her. Not as a gamer, and she wasn't in his class this semester but she would be taking Psychic Theory with him soon. He had seen her before. He usually attended the assembly that took place when Gracies moved on to stage two. Usually to see if any of them triggered any visions, or if he got any inklings on them. Other Pilots at the ATC often hassled him for information that could benefit their TRIM pool but he never said anything and never participated. Though Sterak seemed far from the sort of Pilot that engaged in gambling on what candidate would be TRIMed first. Which left the likely option...

"You are her mentor I take it?"

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:29:55 pm by Nix »

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 10:46:12 am »
"I am aware, Ailill, still, I was hoping you could help me," he admitted with a soft sigh, taking several steps back to sit on one of the desks.

He folded his arms as he sat, shaking his head at the question that followed. "Not yet. She intrigues me, I've done some background checks and she has quite the capabilites. An ace student and, at the same time, what the youth calls a professional gamer," he answered. "I wish to know how she combines this, I imagine a sore lack of sleep."

He chuckled softly. "I''d like to know whether she is worth my time," he added. "Perhaps a bit heartless, but you understand."

Offline Nix

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 05:29:50 pm »
"Well then... Visions and precognition aside, I would have to say from experience that any Candidate you mentor will excel at the program. You managed to help me graduate.. Though most assume it was my father.. Or mother." He muttered. Both of his parents were Pilot Royals and his mother had been since before he was born. His father was promoted to the rank not long before Ailill became a Candidate. So of course rumor spread that he was passed along because of that. A ridiculous notion, but he was a Matthers. And no Matthers had ever failed the candidate program. Yet.

Ailill pictured Castor standing there again. Waiting to be told it would be ok. That with hard work he would succeed... He shook it off and rubbed his temples again. "Is that all you came here for Sterak? I apologize but I am sort of busy at the moment." A lie. Had he ever lied to Sterak before?

Maybe it was a bit selfish of him but Sterak had been the only real father figure he had ever had. He knew it was irrational to have any pangs of jealousy towards others Sterak would mentor, or had since, or even before him. It was irrational and childish but he could not help the feeling of hurt at the thought that 'MeowMix' was the only reason Sterak had come to see him.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 02:51:59 pm »
Sterak shook his head with a soft snort. "I don't look for credit in training Pilots," he answered, sighing softly. "I'd hardly care what the outside sees," he concluded, before sighing softly.

"Hm, not only that," he mused, before letting out a soft hum. "I just wanted to check in on you. You've been riled up the past days. More than usual," he glanced Ailill in the eye. "Talk to me."

Offline Nix

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 06:53:20 pm »
He was almost relieved to hear Sterak was here for him too. Or just... Glad? His mother didn't care about anything but pushing her own agenda, his father was so conceded that he only saw Ailill as an extension of himself and his own youth and legacy, and Simone...

Simone was busy. And he undestood that. He didn't want to bother her.

But no one around him was genuinely interested in how he was doing. Not even Omajon who he was breaking the law to help. But that was another story. One he had to keep hidden. From everyone. At all costs. Locked up so deeply in his mind that not even Simone or Nemesis could get to it... A very difficult task. Keeping so many secrets...

He pulled his gaze away from Sterak's. "Riled up? I'm not sure what you mean by that.." He sighed and scratched the back of his head.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 09:18:47 am »
"Don't try to hide it," Sterak answered. "You know exactly what I mean, Ailill." He answered, a vague guise of concern crossing his otherwise emotionless face. "You've been taking your medicine recently, I hope?" Sterak hated looking into files, but Ailill was one of the people he was genuinely concerned about.

Offline Nix

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 09:00:08 pm »
It wasn't something he told people, but the fact that he was on antidepressants was hardly a secret. He was one of the few Pilots to have documented clinical depression without consequence. Let alone openly receive treatment. For most Pilots admitting to anything short of perfect mental health would be a career death sentence... If not a literal one. Ailill knew he was a special case. He knew that attracted attention among his colleagues.

Still, he frowned at the accusation. "Of course I am Sterak. You know what I risked when I spoke out about my depression just to receive proper treatment. I want to do my job to the best of my capabilities. I am the one who reported my symptoms to the administration. You know that. I am not about to just stop taking my meds."

But that was exactly what he had done. He had to stop taking them. It was imperative. There was really not much of a choice. And it made everything that was happening now so much harder to deal with.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 01:29:08 am »
"I know which risks were tied, Ailill, I am glad you did. I am merely concerned," Sterak answered with a soft sigh, before pushing himself up. "But onto other matters, I hope your students are paying attention? Perhaps they require an exemple of what they should aim to be?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 10:50:31 am »
"Thank you. I appreciate your concern, but I'm alright." Still lying... Maybe he was more like his parents than he would like to admit.

That made him chuckle a little. "Sterak I hope you know you are one of my favorite Pilot Royal but you are hardly the only one to walk in here. There are quite a few in Candidate Affairs. Especially as mentors. And just because Pilot Royal Rosales was injured does not mean he is no longer director of candidate affairs and I am pretty sure he would be annoyed by any insinuations that he is less of a Pilot Royal than you. Also my father is now an instructor here so there is that."

He smiled at his friend, glad the other was here. He had so much bottled up inside and he couldn't let most of it out. He felt like he was going to explode. "They have been good so far this semester. If they get out of line maybe I will ask you to come by. Though I think they are all still pretty scared from what happened to the one Gracie. Its kept most of them in line that's for sure.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 04:55:29 pm »
Sterak nodded once. "Good. Contact me when that changes. You have my private info."

He chuckled softly at the following remark about Rosales, shaking his head. "I was only offering, sincz I personally am a rarity here, besides," he smirked softly. "Those were your words. Not mine." He took a stroll around the class, examining desks and furniture while he did.

"Gracie?" He inquired, folding his hands behind his back.

Offline Nix

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 06:24:03 pm »
"I will. Thank you for caring Sterak." It was comforting to know someone at least seemed to care about him. But if he told Sterak everything... He doubted the other would feel that way.

"You had to have heard about the sledgehammer incident..." Was that really something people outside Candidate Affairs had not heard? "Pilot Royal Rosales was forced to make an example of one of the gracies... With a sledgehammer. The kid is in a wheelchair right now. Needless to say the stage 1 and 2 candidates have been fairly well behaved since."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 08:37:56 am »
Sterak shook his head. "Don't thank me. Just do so," he answered. The situation with the sledgehammer was one he had missed. So he frowned softly. "Seems a bit excessive," he concluded with a soft chuckle.

Offline Nix

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 11:56:39 am »
"It was a case of serious insubordination from what I have heard. The punishment was an example of the sort of thing that can happen to you or someone else if you are a Pilot who does not follow orders on a mission." It wasn't that he necessarily condoned the actions Roman took but he was not there, and it wasn't his place to question his superiors. Besides, candidacy was something to take seriously. The sooner that lesson was learned the better.

"So. How have you been Sterak?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 05:33:20 am »
"Granted," Sterak answered with a soft snort. Insubordination was one of the things he didn't take lightly. He could do worse, for considerably less.

"I've been alright, holding up," he shook his head. "I have mostly been assigned with security now and then, not really anything of note happening."

Offline Nix

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 10:58:00 am »
"Sounds... Boring." Ailill chuckled softly, but it faded into a frown once more as he thought about the letter Sterak incinerated. He wondered how long he could ignore his mother before she took more serious action to contact him.

He couldn't really complain to Sterak though could he? After all Cameron was his superior too.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 10:08:09 am »
"It.. Well, it is," he answered with a soft chuckle of himself, before pushing himself up. "Come, let's get some kind of beverage," he glanced around. "Since class isn't.in session and its easier toto catch up that way."

Offline Nix

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 08:59:03 pm »
"Hmmm, ok except it has to be non-alcoholic. And unfortunately it has to be close by. I have another class later." Ailill said, stretching a bit and heading for the door way. Sure his work was not as physically exhausting but that didn't mean he was incapable of going on missions- nor did it mean he was allowed to slack off in his own training regimen. He was still a Pilot.

Of course he would never be as muscular as Sterak but he had a great body in his own right and was definitely more muscular than his father. His father was another subject Ailill really didn't want to think about, but seemed fairly unavoidable now that they were both working in the ATC.

His parents would be the death of him yet.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 02:28:53 pm »
Sterak nodded slowly. "I don't wish to keep you from your duties, but I'm sure you have the time now," he nodded towards the door. "Perhaps the cantina in the ATC?" Sterak suggested as he adjusted the chain around his waist slightly, resting his clawed hand on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal