Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: It's a hard knock life [Nix]  (Read 1993 times)

Tacocat86

Re: It's a hard knock life [Nix]
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 04:10:32 pm »
Starting to feel like he was in a psychiatrist's office Dom said, "Yes, and I hope it's my last near-death experience for a while. My heart felt like it was going to explode." Dom put his hands on his knees and sighed.

"If it's of any solace, it's as much an enigma to me, as it likely is to you. Never heard of anyone who uses something like it, never even heard anyone refer to anything like it."

Offline Nix

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 09:01:16 pm »
"Yes but there is never a precedent for these thing until there is." Maybe Castor was a lot more like Ailill than he realized, or at least lately he was strikingly similar personality wide. Maybe that was why it was so hard to be in the same room?

"You are human correct? I don't want to assume, there are many humanoids that appear human but are not. My brother is part Incubus for example- that is not important. I'm just wondering if there is anything in your genetics that might pertain to this."

Tacocat86

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 12:22:57 am »
Dominique sat up as he wondered how there were apparently still demons in this world. He then thought for a bit.

"As far as I know, my entire family has been human forever. Knowing this crazy world, there may have been a mage or two along the line, but probably nothing too bizarre."

Offline Nix

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 08:06:46 am »
Demons and other humanoid creatures weren't that uncommon in Haviah... Of course they were not pure blooded anymore, even the most demonic or feral looking people seemed to have some human in them. He had to wonder what level this kid grew up on if he had not come across at least a few- surface thoughts again. He really needed to block those out better.

Focus. Water. Electricity. Chemical reactions. Hydrogen molecules pulling one way... Liquid separating into beads but reconnecting.... High voltage shock. The shock any physical body would go through when being struck... Actual electrical shocks...

"You said it passed through you but I think its more accurate to say you passed through it. Like water through a permeable membrane... But a vehicle is not a permeable membrane and you are not actually water. Well humans are water, mostly water. But physically there is much more to our make up. There was no blood on the scene right? But was there water? Was the vehicle wet at all after? Not soaked just... Dropplets. Were you wet?"

Tacocat86

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 09:39:06 pm »
Dominique thought back to when it happened.

"It was a very hot day, so I was sweating a bit. But when the vehicle went through me, or as you suggest me through it, I felt a bit more soaked than I was before, I thought that it was just some kind of adrenaline rush that caused me to sweat a lot in a short time, would you suggest otherwise?" He was curious to see what Cas had thought of, and how he would explain it. After all, it seemed that he was extremely intelligent. He suddenly remembered a little bit more. "The back of the vehicle, as it was driving away, it looked as if there was condensation on it. Now that I think of it, It was a very dry day as well, so the condensation was a little odd."

Offline Nix

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2016, 11:43:55 pm »
"My theory is that the shock of being struck by the vehicle caused an actual high voltage shock to your system, due to your electrokinesis that actually caused a molecular reaction as the water in your body was exposed to the electromagnetic field... Its unprecedented and highly improbable... 1 in 36 million I would ballpark but the incident caused your body to revert to what it is mostly comprised of; water. Water which was simultaneously magnetized... Well weakly, by the electromagnetic pulse, the molecules actually polarized to repel the vehicle, but of course they didn't have the mass to do so so the went through it while repeling it, which is why you did not just splatter on the windshield but reformed on the other side." Castor spun the medicine ball in his hands and looked at it before looking at Dom.

"If my theory is correct that is remarkable.... However its not something easily duplicated there are many varying factors, if your body's reaction time was delayed by a milisecond you would be dead and the only way to test it again would be to... Hit you with a car most likely... I mean I doubt a bullet or other sort of near death experience would cause quite that reaction and there is no guarantee it would happen again... Maybe if you fell of a building it would happen... The centrifugal force might... Well not too high a building cause you would be dead before you hit the ground..."

Tacocat86

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2016, 06:31:17 pm »
Dominique leaned forward in his tire chair, and his mind went into overdrive trying to understand what Cas had just said. "So what you're suggesting is that a sudden surge of kinetic energy caused my body to release an electromagnetic burst and become magnetized water molecules? I suppose that the atoms may have split apart and form water, but doing so would create a massive amount of energy, both thermal and chemical. Where would that energy go? Honestly that is the bit that has me stumped about your theory."

"Could it have just been blown into the air? Or would it have been absorbed?" Dom was honestly curious what Cas had to say. He had thus far demonstrated a high level of intelligence, unlike some other people Dom had met since arriving at the facility.

"I have a few more questions though. Do you believe that this would only work within a certain parameter of force? Or a large area of impact? And most importantly, are you considering tossing me off a building to test this?" Dom kept a calm voice throughout his asking. Internally he didn't know what to think, information was flying at him at a rate he could barely keep up with.

Offline Nix

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2016, 07:49:06 pm »
"...I think the energy ended up propelling the bus. I mean you said you saw it drive away correct? Except instinct would be for the driver to slam on brakes, which they probably did but it was too late to avoid hitting you and then what this event occurred the energy created by it remained with the bus, propelling it and stopping it from actually, well stopping."

Cas mulled over the remaining questions. It was not safe to recreate the experiment and test it. Too many variables and they could all result in Dom dying. Besides his theory could be totally wrong... It didn't feel that way though. "I'm not thinking of throwing you off a building, no. And it probably requires a certain ratio of force to area of impact... Too much force the body has no time to react in any manner, too little surface area and the impact fails to create the shock to your system that serves as the catalyst... Its a thought experiment at best I have no desire to get you killed in testing this. Its just a hypothesis anyway."

Tacocat86

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2016, 07:24:32 am »
"Splitting apart at the molecular level. A bit terrifying if you ask me. Imagine if as little as one thing had gone wrong." Dominique exhaled shakily and smiled. "So about what we came to this room for, have you thought of any way to prevent the shocks? The only thing I can think of is if I learn a bit of control over my psionics."

Offline Nix

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2016, 06:04:47 pm »
That was not why Castor had come here. He only came to work out his theories. He had practically given up on controlling his electrokinesis. Nothing so far had really helped him any, and it was his issue not Dom's.

"You need to learn to, of course but that won't help the shocks. Those are because of me. I will just avoid you from now on. I am not normally around gracies and second stage candidates anyway." Castor said standing up and letting go of the medicine ball. "Sorry again for the shocks. It was nice meeting you, good luck with your psionics." The fourth stage candidate said heading towards the door.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal