Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Snake in the Haystack [ARAD][M]  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Nix

Snake in the Haystack [ARAD][M]
« on: September 11, 2016, 09:09:41 pm »
Carmine had spent much of the day as he always did- lying around in the sun not really doing anything. That really was how he spent most of his time. As night approached he would begin to move. It wasn't that he was particularly active at night either, he just wanted to find somewhere less open to sleep as it got dark.

The barn he had been crashing in the last few nights seemed abandoned- which wasn't all THAT strange these days. With bandits and all sorts of unruly types on the frontier sometimes people just picked up and left. Or worse.

What was strange was that after sleeping curled up in the far corner he was awoken to a loud noise. Shit. Was someone here?

ARAD V1.0

Re: Snake in the Haystack [ARAD][M]
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 09:39:28 am »
It seemed like not only one person was here, but multiple people.

"Shit," a feminine voice resounded as Lillith stumbled backwards into the barn Carmine currenly was  formerly sleeping in. "I got your cargo, I delivered it and I took my share," she said with a hand on the blaster on her hip. "I don't see the issue here. You're backstabbing me here," she argued.

A crew of three, rather unruly looking and armed, frontier dwellers seemed to grin and smirk at her, pistols drawn. "Aye, you did," one answered. "But ya see, ain't often there's a pretty thing like you here on the Frontier."

Her face screwed up. Really? Really?! She grit her teeth. Seventhreer was still on the ship, even if  she was able to call him now, it'd take a tad too long. She slipped up again. "For fuck's sake," she murmured, still taking slow steps backwards, the men taking steps forward to follow her.

Offline Nix

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 11:48:53 am »
His pointed ears twitched as he listened in on the conversation still half asleep. A deal gone south? Well as long as he wasn't caught up in it...

"ain't often there's a pretty thing like you here on the Frontier."

His blood felt like it froze in his veins at that comment. Shock, fear, memories all flooding back to him- and anger. The need to make a preemptive strike was too overwhelming to the red haired Naga, it didn't even matter to him that he wasn't their target.

It was different now. He wasn't small or helpless. He rose up from his hiding spot and slithered quickly withing striking distance, hissing and dripping venom as he flew into a rage, slashing at the backs of the three attackers, not even stopping to consider they were probably armed.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »
As soon as an unknown being attacked Lillith's agressors, she jumped back flinging out the pistol and starting to fire at the men, making sure she wouldn't accidentally hit her saviour.

After several blaster shots, both Lillith and Carmine seemed to more or less emerge unscathed. She let out a soft sigh, stepping back. "At least I got my paycheck," she looked at the naga. "Thanks.."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 03:56:33 pm by ARAD V1.0 »

Offline Nix

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 07:39:05 pm »
Carmine had more or less hidden when the gunfire started. He wasn't good with guns and a different sort of panic set in. He was hiding behind the haystack again, peering out briefly to make sure the girl was still ok and once he saw she was still standing he curled back up and closed his eyes shut, covering his ears and trying to get the image of blood out of his mind.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 12:17:59 pm »
Lillith looked around to find her saviour, only to see his head before he ducked behind cover again.

She frowned. It was afraid? While she had no idea why, maybe she felt compelled to console her saviour, but she walked over and got on one knee, leaning forward with an extended hand. "Hey.. It's alright," she murmured.

Offline Nix

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 03:00:29 pm »
Carmine opened his eyes as the woman approached. He pulled away and hissed a bit when she reached for him but he didn't make any agressive movement and certainly didn't look intimidating now. Just scared, maybe freaked out by his own actions too. He certainly didn't want to see the dead people, and he could clearly smell- even taste the blood in the air.

"You... You're ok?" He muttered looking at her, trying to focus on the positive instead of getting lost in his spiralling panic. His body relaxing enough to not be quite so tightly coiled.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 03:42:55 pm »
She smiled faintly at Carmine as he looked up, still holding out her hand in a disarming and friendly gesture. Yet it did feel so out of place, even as a professional smuggler, more than often met with both danger and death, she was about to get raped and dumped in a ditch right then and there. She made the mental note to keep Seventhreer closer at all times.

"I'm okay," she answered. "Thanks to you. I'm Lillith. Lillith Ebonheart."

Offline Nix

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 07:59:03 pm »
Carmine looked confused that her hand was still out. Unsure what the gesture was. He looked her up and down as if sizing her up. "Carmine. My name is Carmine." He muttered relaxing a bit more, I'm cooking more to slither a bit closer again, still unsure what the hand gesture was for.

"I'm glad they didn't hurt you." He said softly, trying not to think about how there were three bodies lying on the ground just behind the haystack, or how much blood there probably was.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 04:11:20 am »
Lillith lowered her hand as she noticed the confused look on Carmine's face. But she still gave him the same faint smile. "Nice meeting you," she answered, sighing softly. "And thank you for saving me," she added, before pushing herself up. "Let's just.. Get out of here," the white haired woman offered, glancing over her shoulder momentarily.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 04:12:09 am by ARAD V1.0 »

Offline Nix

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 09:40:20 am »
That seemed to snap him out of it a bit. Get out of here. But where? Where was he going to go? This was his spot for the night. He didn't want to spend the night out on the open frontier.

He looked at her, his expression more that of a lost puppy than a threatening snake.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 02:51:25 pm »
She momentarily chewed her lip as Carmine gave her the look of a lost puppy. She was familiar with the look and it was known to melt her heart in the past. This time was no different. "I.. Can take you to my ship? We'll see what happens from there?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 03:57:50 pm »
"...you have a ship?" Carmine did want to get out of here but the idea of getting on a ship wasn't appealing either. At least it wasn't here though. With the scent of blood so thick. "Ok."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 04:10:50 pm »
Lillith nodded once more. "Yes. The Constantine," she answered with a faint smile. "I'll take you there," she answered as she pushed herself up. "It's the least I can do for my saviour," she added, still donning the same smile.

If Carmine decided to tag along, Lillith would walk towards one of the nearest landing patches of the frontier where her ship was parked, greeted by a canine android who was gaurding the ship. From both thieves and punks with spraypaint. As it spotted the beacon that was Lillith's pristine white hair between the crowds, it let out a mechanical bark and jumped down, awaiting his master eagerly. But he did detect another lifeform when she approached. "Seventhreer, this is Carmine. Enable gaurd protocols to his signature aswell," she immediately stated, before walking iver to give the machination a soft caress over it's head, before walking towards the ship.

Seventhreer, who was currently in his docile mode, emitting a soft mechanical humming as he trod, aswell as a soothing blue light came from it's eyes and cracksbbetween the armour, approached the naga. A soft mechanical croon resounded and the metal canine would be pushing it's nose against Carmine's hand in greeting, like a normal dog. The wiresm that substituted a tail wagging rapidly.

Offline Nix

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 03:49:02 pm »
Carmine did follow but was still uneasy, and for a whole new set of reasons. He did not look at the bodies as they left the barn but as they got further away and the scent of blood dissipated he began to breathe easier. Still. He didn't like being out at night. Too many beasts on the frontier, and it was too easy for him to be mistaken for one. Following Lillith did make things easier though.

He slithered after her and was doing alright still they got near the ship and- holy crackers what was that thing?! It acted and moved like both a beast and a machine! Instinctively Carmine puffed out his chest and hissed at it but then the human began talking to it. PETTING IT!

Carmine was really confused and looked back and forth between this 'Seventhreer' and Lillith, backing up a bit as the robotic beast approached him. He was frightened as it began nudging his hand and he stiffened up, unsure what to do.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 11:12:29 am »
She glanced at Carmine. Perhaps a small faux pas, she was so used to the idea that this machine would sacrifice itself for her that sheblooked past the sharp and agressive appearance she had given him. Truth be told, she had tried to make him look as intimidating as possible.

The smuggler turned around, before walking back towards both the naga and the machine. "It's alright, Carmine. I pade this droid. He will give his life to protect me," she started. "I made it so he sees you as a friend. It's basically a big metal dog who loves you unconditionally." She hoped he would understand and be more comfortable. The programling behind it was infinitely more complicated, but that was the gist of it.

Offline Nix

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 07:25:00 am »
Unfortunately Carmine didn't have great experience with dogs either. They tended not to like large snake people for some reason. He looked up nervously at Lillith. "It... Isn't going to attack me then?" He asked quietly, still afraid he might agitate the mechanical beast.

He wanted to just get somewhere safe and decompress, relax, sleep. But... Maybe he was better off taking his chances out on the frontier?

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 11:56:27 am »
"It won't," Lillith answered with a soft smile. "I can even go further and promise you that he'll be the first one to protect you." She extended her hand. "Come, Seventhreer," she stated, the mechanical dog let out a soft, mechanical rumble, padding over to her hand and pressing his snout against it, before entering the ship.

"You're coming?" She asked with the same soft smile.

Offline Nix

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 01:50:08 pm »
Carmine was still uneasy but he looked back towards the direction of the barn and shuddered a bit before slithering up the ramp on to the ship. He had never been on a ship before... Metal all around... It felt strange to say the least. He looked at Lillith and her robot monster dog. He wondered if there was a good corner to curl up in around here...

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 04:41:18 pm »
The hull slowly closed with a hiss after Carmine entered, before Lillith stopped in her tracks, rubbing the back of her neck. "What's most comfortable for you to sleep in?" She asked, turning around to face Carmine. "I don't know much about your species.. Do you prefer a bed? A blanket?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal