Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Revel in the symphony [Nix][M]  (Read 2364 times)

ARAD V1.0

Revel in the symphony [Nix][M]
« on: September 11, 2016, 05:43:14 am »
'It'll work great! I promise!'

Those words went through her head repeatedly. She didn't like it when her stage uniform was changed. But this time, even less so. Lasers and smoke dispensers were added to the already skin-tight bodysuit. It would be even more uncomfortable to wear. And there wasn't even certainty that it'd work. The plan for tonight's show was for DJ Nequit to walk among the crowd that had gathered.  Purple lights and smoke trailing behind her as she walked. While the idea was one of epic proportions, the actual practical matters were just a headache.

But, she was on known soil, Synesthesia was the place she grew up, where she was discovered by a sponsor and pulled up in social standing, to become a cultural icon. She was among the highest of stars, surrounded by fame, wealth and mysticism. Only few knew her by her real name. And her stage name was known far and wide. And even if her music wasn't to be enjoyed by some, she still was a trendsetter and one of the brightest stars at the Aedolian sky.

So it was always nice to return to her roots.

The stage lit up in blacklights, giving the entire room a dark, mystic atmoshphere. Another blacklight revealed none other than DJ Nequit. With a soft, mechanical bleeping, her mixing board booted, lighting her frame up in bright blue, the hair attached to her mask seemed to defy gravity and floated aimlessly behind her back.

A soft breath.

The lights on the visor on her mask light up. The first bass made one short sound, her mask responded accordingly.

A second bass tune. A third. And soon, they were rapidly following up, a synthesizer added and most of her female fans started to cheer, clap, squeal out of sheer fandom. And soon, the room was filled with a rapid, digressive melody. A medley bass tune and drums, mechanical blurts following in rhythm.

And suddenly, everything stopped. Nikita took another deep breath.

"Let's break down the night!" A voice modulater made her voice sound a tad more mechanical than naturally, another gasp was audible by her crowd. "Nothing can stop me now!" As soon as the last syllable, sounding both exhilarated and ecstatic, left her lips, the beat dropped and the entire nightclub was filled with the aggressive and inciting beat. She pushed herself from her board, the speakers on the side of her mask activating.

DJ Nequit descended the stage's stairs with unparalleled grace, a mist of purple smoke following her trails, accentuated by the blacklights, her suit and helmet lighting up in a bright purple. The crowd was surprised and parted for her. A visible smirk played on the woman's lips.

She was a god tonight. People followed her rhythm, were controlled by her music.

The feeling was unlike any other. The ecstasy could not be compared to anything else. She bit her lip as she walked and stopped in the middle of the dance floor, looking around and smirking.

But who had the guts to step onto the new stage with her now? The track kept going on, remotely controlled by a chip implanted in her brain.

She truly felt like a god among men.

Offline Nix

Re: Revel in the symphony [Nix][M]
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 08:44:30 pm »
Isandre Trevaha- no, Ava Orpheus, was not a particularly huge fan of DJs. Perhaps it was just because He was bitter that they could produce music from computerized machines or remix the masterpieces of real musicians with ease. If hard pressed he would admit that they were artists in their own right, he just wasn't fond of their medium.

The masses seemed to love it though. And there were always great parties around these sort of events... Plus DJ Nequit's beats were catchy... Ok he came because he was offered free drugs and alcohol and wanted to check out Nequit. What could he say? He was a lover of beautiful things. Especially ones that had the potential to add to his own fame and glamour.

He found himself swaying lightly to the beat as he finished his third- no, fifth drink. Though he was otherwise sober. The music producer who invited him here was nudging him with his shoulder and crushing the poofy sleeves of his navy blue coat dress. The other man said something like "go up there" but it was swallowed by the bass. Ava rolled his eyes and sighed when he was handed his violin.

He had not played since he met Mala. The thought of playing- even singing, both terrified and excited him. He still loved music, and especially his music, but... What if Mala was here? That was just as frightening and exciting a thought. The producer leaned in to talk right into Isandre's ear so he would be heard.

"If you weren't going to play why did you come here?" The other man asked.

Plenty of reasons. He thought since he was taking this small musical hiatus he could network and pump up his popularity by being seen with another celebrity, he could flirt with Nequit and enjoy her not-so-terrible music.... Free drinks... Seriously where were those promised narcotics???

He held his violin case to his chest as he watched her transverse the crowd from his spot on one of the plush couches on the outskirts of the main floor. She was hypnotic wasn't she? There was something about her...

He managed to pull his eyes off her and look at the violin case. He had not touched his violin at all since his last show, since he learned where it's power- where his music came from. Could he really just go back to playing it like nothing had changed?

He opened the case and looked at the instrument and stood up he pulled it from the case, his fingers trembling as he held the bow in his fingers... But it didn't feel as bad as he thought. It felt like an addict finally getting his fix.

His first note wasn't very loud; it was soft, mournful even but as he closed his eyes and played along with the Dj's music, complimenting her sound. His feet led him confidently out onto the dance floor despite his earlier hesitance. There was no worry of interrupting or ruining her set, his music was a gift after all, if anything the DJ should be grateful.

After all... He was a god among men.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 09:31:26 am »
Nequit smirked softly as a fellow musician rose from the crowd and approached her. The music silenced slightly, allowing for Ava's violin to be more clearly heard. She let out a soft breath, as the music dimmed slightly more in volume, yet it was clear and followed the same rhythm.

The same rhythm she followed with her voice as she began to sing, her voice being outright beautiful. It started off with a soft hum and chant, before lyrics formed and flowed along with the aggressive tunes of the music, the microphone added to her mask made sure the sound of her singing was loud enough for the whole of Synesthesia to hear.

And after several more minutes enough, the lights on stage, the lights on her uniform died down and the music slowly subsided, changing to a more pleasant, background-style beat. She folded her arms and tapped her foot softly on the floor, only smirking at Ava. She folded her arms, as she examined him up and down. "You're good," she started after a soft smirk.

Offline Nix

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 11:29:31 am »
He thought about singing with her, but giving words to the remnants of Mala's emotions was too difficult, and he wasn't sure he could sing anything else while holding his violin. He just played on with a cool confidence not trying to over power her singing but once her lyrics slipped away and the beat dropped a bit he found himself finishing with a powerful violin solo.

His violin always made him feel powerful, in control... Righteous and somehow holy. He had moved the conference it imbued him with- until recently at least. It still felt amazing, but also very wrong.

As he finished playing he opened his eyes again, he had not even realized he closed them during the impromtu solo, but he grinned at the DJ as she complimented him.

"So are you." He said lowering his violin and holding out his hand to take hers and hopefully place a kiss upon it.

He did have to admit she has a great voice, even if he did find her to be artificial in some regards.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 03:28:53 pm »
Her lips formed into a smile as he pressed a kiss on the latex glove that was part of her bodysuit. "Thank you," she answered easily, her eyes unable to be seen behind the visor that still followed the background music. "And might a gran Violinist such as yourself have a name?" She inquired with the same soft smile.

Offline Nix

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 05:11:33 pm »
He stood up right after having bent to kiss he glove. "Ava. Ava Orpheus." He smiled that smile that often made both men and women melt. He was a big up and coming star, his first album was just about to drop and was highly anticipated. Of course he was more known for his singing than his violin playing- although he did both at live shows.

"And you are DJ Nequit. I apologize for interrupting." He wasn't really sorry.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 04:11:29 pm »
"It was not an interruption," she easily retorted, smiling softly. "It was a duet."

The smile he gave her, it left nothing of the desired effect, she didn't get weak knees, or blush, or anything. The DJ seemed completely collected, the aura of mysticism that surrounded her only seemed to get even more intense.

Offline Nix

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 08:10:48 pm »
"Yes but it was more impromptu than most." Ava explained, his smile dissipating into a small apologetic one. He must be off his game, or perhaps her reaction was just well hidden behind that head piece.

He was off his game either way, and he knew it well. Perhaps that was why he did what he did next.

"Still... It was a pleasure." And with those few words and a simple bow he headed back into the crowd, a charismatic sexy smile plastered on his face, but on closer inspection his hands, still clutching his violin, were shaking. He just wanted to put the blasted thing away.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 04:20:05 am »
"True," Nequit agreed, folding her hands behind her back as she said, before her lips curled into another smile. "And the pleasure was mine," she answered, before frowning underneath the visor as he stepped back into the crowd. Soon, her other fans approached and she had no time to search for this so called Ava, who wore quite the meaningful smile, between the questions asked. It was the first time her fans were allowed so close to her.

And she was barraged by questions, asked for signatures and all that.

Offline Nix

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 06:10:38 am »
He returned to where he had been sitting before and managed to return the violin to its case, the producer was grinning and handing him a drink. He took it gladly, trying to relax after playing that thing again. He was relieved to have it back in its case, but it didn't actually feel better.

The producer was lavishing him with compliments but he wasn't even paying attention, just downing his drink and watching as people encircled the DJ. She really was magnetic huh? It took him a long time to realize he too had fans surrounding him, some old and some new. When he did his blank expression turned to a sly confident little smile but he knew it was fake.

He couldn't even focus on the compliments and questions he was receiving.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 03:05:55 pm »
Nikita was smirking softly as she was doing her fan meet up, deciding to go take a seat in one of the seats, a lot of fans trailing behind her as she did. Most of the club flocked to her to ask several questions, get a signature, compliment her, etc.etc.

The DJ was still confused of Ava's whereabouts, though she saw a small group of people gathering at one point, no doubt would they question the man. Perhaps he also had some loyal fans.

Offline Nix

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 03:37:17 pm »
Some photographs, some autographs, some questions about his album coming out. He was running on autopilot dealing with the fans and admiration he once loved. He wasn't even annoyed with DJ Nequit for having more fans tonight. Normally he would be even though logic would dictate she would be more popular at her own event. Still.

He got up and excused himself from all the fans. He wanted to actually meet Nequit but there was no chance of that now. With the music producer's plan only executed 50% Ava left to return to his suite, knowing he would feel secure and more comfortable there.

Of course Mikhail Davis, genius music producer, manager and publicist could not stand idly by while his client blew an opportunity like this. He scribbled down the elevator code for Ava's suite and called over a bartender. "I want you to give this to DJ Nequit, along with a pink pop martini." The drink in question was something new at Syn, chilled whipped cream vodka strained over a tuft of pink cotton candy and pop rocks it was actually really delicious and despite how girly it looked Mikhail had had about 4 of them tonight.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 06:20:38 am »
It was quite nice like this, fans drumming together, while she was more than certain everything would be chaotic and she'd have to shove people off, the people were decent and she could actually lounge, some of her fans sitting around her. idly chatting, talking. It was nice, albeit a tad uncomfortable, given she was still in her latex suit, wearing the helmet still.

It was her public get up, this small moment of discomfort would allow her to remain mostly incognito when she was in her casual wear. She was however surprised when the waiter brought her a small note, along with a drink, she frowned underneath the visor as she read what were elevator codes. She leaned back and held the note up to one of the bodygaurds still present, who nodded and passed them on to the security team.

After a short while, without Ava noticing, his entire room would be under surveillance, snipers posted outside, thermal images constantly taken from his appartement. And DJ Nequit would make her way towards the elevator and give in the codes, before ascending towards Ava's room.

Offline Nix

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 07:12:15 am »
Of course Ava had no idea of any of this. He had reached his room, placed his violin case down on the couch, stripped out of his clothes and left them flung on the bed. He washed his face, took a shower, and pulled on some comfy lounge pants and a loose fitting tee shirt that said That Band on it. He had been a solo act for a while but he was still sentimental towards his start.

He was practically a different person back when he was in That Band... And they were quite popular too but... Things just didn't work out. It was fine. He was Ava Orpheus now, still making beautiful music, his own music- or what he had thought was his own music till now.

He flopped back on the couch towel drying his antique rose colored hair no idea someone was on their way to see him. He would not have been caught dead like this if he knew Nequit was on her way.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 10:34:13 am »
Nikita left the elevator as she had reached the according floor, knocking on the door that would lead to his room as it did, the dj got quite curious who was able to make such a bold move. Normally, she'd ignore it, pass it off, since a lot of drinks got sent backstage. But this time? This time was different. It was a bold move to have her invited like that, most people regarded her as untouchable and wouldn't dare take such an action.

Hence her curiousity was piqued, intrigued by whom could do this.

Offline Nix

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 11:20:53 am »
Isandre sighed and got up when he heard the knock on the door. "Mikhail go back and party I am not in the mood and I'm taking a raincheck on the-" He opened the door to see... Not Mikhail like he expected.

Nequit. What was she doing here? And fuck! He was standing here a mess with wet hair! "...you are not Mikhail. Sorry. I'm. What are you doing here?"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 12:31:17 pm »
"That's.. A very perceptive notion," Nequit answered, still in her bodysuit. The woman flicked out the card. "A drink was delivered," she held it between her index and middlefinger. "This is what it lead to. Explain?" She asked with a soft smirk.

Offline Nix

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 02:08:14 pm »
Isandre sighed. "Let me guess, it was a pink pop martini. My producer sent you that." He could kill Mikhail right now, and as figuratively as he meant that thought it still scared him.

He moved to the side a bit, still holding the door open. "Look do you want to come in for a drink? I may not have sent you that but I can certainly be hospitable."

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 04:44:40 pm »
Nequit nodded. "Spot on," she answered. "So it was your producer," she hummed, before chuckling slowly. "Care to explain what he.. Or you have to gain with having me here?" She asked, before stepping in to his invitation, nodding with a soft smile. "A drink sounds good," she answered. "Why'd you turn in so soon?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 11:43:16 am »
Well. He already had all his persona layers peeled off. Might as well be honest right? "I... Cancelled a couple of my shows due to... Personal reasons. My producer invited me out tonight and then kinda coerced me into playing with you. Which was very enjoyable, but I don't think I was ready to be back on the scene of you get me." He closed the door and headed into the kitchenette and living room area of the suite. "I'm afraid I'm not as well stocked as the club. Lets see... Vodka, amaretto, and rum... Man I have to stop letting Mikhail but the booze."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal