Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Of hunters and hunted [M]  (Read 3364 times)

ARAD V1.0

Of hunters and hunted [M]
« on: February 07, 2016, 04:16:25 pm »
Arad let out a slow snarl. It didn't take a genius to know he was being hunted. Let's see just how far these particular bounty hunters could go, before breaking down or dying. How did he know he was being hunted? A constant feed to bounty channels and responses. Aswell as a keen eye(he didn't have any eyes) made him wary. The ship that was docking right now? It was too clean to be here. To pristine.

He turned around, looking into the barren wasteland. Hope these particular hunters had brought camping equipment. At that thought, the combat droid slowly started to walk into the wasteland.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Segunda put a hand on the pilot's seat. Twenty men. It left a bitter taste in his mouth. Twenty men to capture one target. He looked at the console, the bounty hunter flying the ship nodding in response to his inaudible inquiry. "We're almost there, boss." Segunda only nodded as the comm started crackling, the pilot answering and giving the required details.

He pushed himself up and walked into the cockpit, sighing slowly. "Alright boys and girls. Listen up." His voice dull and bored. "This guy we're hunting. He's just one guy. And we're twenty. So either he's really strong, or someone really wants him bad. He's a combat droid. But, we got no details on what type or any other shit that might get us all a paycheck." Segunda slowly ran a hand through his hair. "We're docking in half an hour. And immediatly going to fly into the wasteland, set up an outpost there. I want everything in fucking order ten minutes after we land." If his gut feeling was right, the target really was bad news. "Am I clear?" He asked the room, looking around, seeing nods and hearing murmured agreements.

Koga

Re: Of hunters and hunted [M]
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:02:03 am »
There wasn't a pilot in the world Xiga trusted more than herself or her astrodroid. So, she decided not to hop on the same ship as all the other bounty-hunters. Instead she trailed behind in her personal freighter. Perhaps this was viewed as disrespectful to the rest, but she didn't seem to care. After all it's best not to keep all of your eggs in one basket.

E.V.E was piloting the FX-151B Freighter, or as Xiga liked to call it, the Phoenix 151. The droid sat in the control socket for the freighter, guiding the ship to follow the larger shuttle filled with bounty hunters ahead of them. Meanwhile, Xiga sat at the chess table in the hull of the freighter. In front of her sat a set of holographic chess pieces. With the blindfold over her eyes, she could not actually see the pieces before her. The pieces were also not alive, so she could not even sense them with psychic abilities. However, she could hear the humming of each individual hologram and was able to pinpoint the location of each piece, as well as it's type. She studied the board for a few minutes, contemplating her next move.

When she finally decided on her move, she spoke "Knight to F4." The Knight moved to it's designated position, and then a robotic female voice spoke over the loud-speaker.

"Checkmate, I win again."

The psychic slammed her fist into the chessboard and winced. "Damn it EVE, every time!" She shouted, how this droid was able to command a freighter and defeat her in a game of chess at the same time was beyond Xiga, but she was just glad that this droid was on her side. Oddly enough, that brought her back to the task at hand. The bounty that they were after was a combat droid. Perhaps just as, if not more, capable than her own droid. The thought of that made her a bit uneasy, but Xiga had confidence in herself. She considered herself to be the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. Nothing was going to get in the way of that quick buck. Besides, this guy was worth a ton! Someone desperately wanted to be rid of him if they were willing to hire twenty hunters. Maybe if she grabbed him first she could take the droid in her personal freighter and keep the bounty of twenty men all to herself. A devious plan indeed, the young bounty hunter clasped her hands together, and smiled widely with glee.

It was then that she heard a new voice on her comm link.

"Alright boys and girls. Listen up. This guy we're hunting. He's just one guy. And we're twenty. So either he's really strong, or someone really wants him bad. He's a combat droid. But, we got no details on what type or any other shit that might get us all a paycheck. We're docking in half an hour. And immediatly going to fly into the wasteland, set up an outpost there. I want everything in fucking order ten minutes after we land. Am I clear?"

Xiga scoffed. "This guys a little bossy, am I right E.V.E?" She said, chuckling in front of the chessboard.

"I suppose so, Xiga, but so are you." The Robotic voice replied.

"Oh, can it E.V.E" The Psychic replied, before flicking on her comm link. "Roger-roger boss-man." She spoke, somewhat sarcastically, into her microphone while the FX-151B flew into Edaniths' atmosphere.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 07:32:15 pm »
He heard Xiga's voice through his personal comlink, causing him to snarl under his breath.  There was still that special snowflake that insisted on her own ship. Piloting it herself. It pissed him off. He didn't know why. It just did. Segunda let out an irritated sigh at her slightly sarcastic remark. Clenching his jaw reluctantly. Resisting to make a shitty remark.

The landing went smooth and uneventful. After some short paperwork, the mercenary band set out again into the waistland. After half an hour of flying, both ships would detect an incredibly powerful signal from a  human-sized object. No dou t  that the signal was boosted. Segunda was stood next to the pilot again, who had called him over at the recieving of this signal. "He wants us to find him." A broad grin was plastered on Segunda's face. "He wants to play." At that, he stood up straight again. "Get that intercom open. Briefing time." The pilot nodded and Sdgunda navigated to the main quarters of the ship again. "Ladies and gentlemen. This is as far as we fly. We touch down here and place our base down. Our target is here and he will stick around." Segunda let out a slow chuckle.

"He's challenging us. I want six people to start putting down the sensors. This ship will function as the main headquarters. Xiga. You'll hook the sensors to your ship and forward auxilary power to them. Wich'll allow us a constant data feed." Well. Seems there was still a perk to having two ships. "Two people, excluding my pilot, will prep this ship as our base. The rest of you, start putting up the energy barrier, I want that thing up ASAP. Next briefing in fourty minutes. Hope we will be set up by then. Keep weapon systems active. Dismissed."

At that Segunda left the room and approached the cargo bay. Slowly. A panel infront of him slid down and revealed the Edanith wastes. "About three hundred meters." Segunda leaned forward, dropping over the edge and falling down to the red wastes. A power telekinetic blast completely negating the damage he would take, several rocks shattering under his strength. "Approach for landing, Firebrand." He muttered through his intercom as his ship slowly started to land.

Koga

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 07:59:28 am »
(( Sorry about the wait, busy week ))
Xiga heard his snarl, and chuckled to herself a bit before flicking off the comm link. "He's so easy to tick off." She joked, a condescending smirk grew on her face. Pissing people off was her specialty. She was always screwing people over with money, drugs, cargo, or pretty much anything of relative value. Their misery made her laugh. Did that make her a bad person? Maybe, but for the most part the people she screwed over weren't the greatest people either.

A loud, repetitive beep played over the ships' loud speaker. "Uhhh, Xiga you might want to come see this." A robotic voice spoke over the beeping, though the worry in her voice made her sound almost human.

"Huh?" Xiga got out of her seat by the chess table and walked through the long chrome corridor till she reached the Phoenixs' cockpit. "What's up Eve?"

"I'm picking up an extremely powerful signal coming from a human-sized object, not too far from here." A hologram appeared before Xiga, showing the approximate dimensions of the object. "The signal is boosted, it's as if our guy wants us to find him."

"Or we're walking right into a trap." The Bounty Hunter spoke, while eying up the hologram infront of her.

"Shall we turn back?"

"Of course not Eve, what the fuck do I look like?" Xiga scoffed and smirked with confidence. "There isn't a scoundrel in this universe that can escape my grasp."

"Roger that Captain, flying down."

It was then that they heard Segunda over the intercom.

"He's challenging us. I want six people to start putting down the sensors. This ship will function as the main headquarters. Xiga. You'll hook the sensors to your ship and forward auxilary power to them. Wich'll allow us a constant data feed."

"Wow this guy really is bossy!" Xiga exclaimed to E.V.E, before giggling to herself. She then, flicked on her comm link. "Will do boss-man. But you do know we're walking right into a trap right?"

As the FX-151B flew over the Frontier, Xiga peered out the cockpit window. She watched as Segunda hopped out of his ship and violently landed on the desert floor. "Well... that was unnecessary." She then proceeded to watch the Firebrand land, and six mercenaries run out setting up sensors on the desert floor. E.V.E flew the Phoenix above the sensors, and Xiga pressed a few buttons on the control panel. The sensors on the desert floor then automatically connected to the Pheonix, and from the top of the ship emerged a small beacon, transferring data received to the local comm link. "Eve, put the ship in stealth mode, and stay here with it. I'm heading out."

"Roger that Xiga, be careful."

Xiga jumped out from the central exit, and landed gracefully on the desert floor. Shortly afterward, the FX-151B, along with the sensors connected to it, turned completely invisible and disappeared off the radar.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 03:04:22 pm »
"It's springing this trap or not finding him at all. This is the type of guy you can only find when he wants you too." Segunda answered over the commlink, letting out an annoyed sigh. "And cut the bossman shit," he said before he did locl down his own intercomm and performed the airdrop.

"Graves. We got a reading on those sensors?" Was what the mercenary commander inquired after the sensors attached to Firebrand were activated and powered by Xiga's ship. Allowing Firebrand's crew quarters, infirmary and life support to remain fully functional.

"Five by five boss." Was the answer from this so-called Graves that had taken up post next to Segunda with a datapad."Good. Our special little snowflake is also coming down." Segunda subconciously rubbed his arm, his scars were aching again. "On a scale from one to ten, boss, how bad is this dude?" Segunda looked at Graves, clenching and loosening his fist slowly. "He knows the terrain, doesn't need food, sleep, water, warmth. Programmed on single target isolation and assassination. On a scale from one to ten? I think he's close to me in terms of danger."

Graves whistled slowly. "That bad huh." Segunda folded his arms as he looked off into the distance, nodding slowly. "Prep the ship's automated defenses. Hook them to the sensors." The man nodded slowly and walked back into the Firebrand.

Koga

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 08:41:30 am »
"'Eh, this guy can't be that bad." Xiga said, just before she deactivated her stealth belt, and materialized behind Segunda. She stood there before him garbed in tactical gear. Loose fitting black cargo pants decorated her legs. Several weapons were strapped to them, including two pistols and a combat knife. On her feet were a large black pair of jet-boots that resembled combat boots. She wore a black shirt with a black leather jacket on top and a red blindfold covered her eyes. She really lived up to the role of everyones favorite Punk Rock Bounty Hunter. 

"Listen here bossman, you don't got nothing to worry about!" She said with an overconfident smirk. "I've got this under control! Just stay behind me and try not to get shot." The Bounty Hunter spit half-sarcastically, and half condescendingly.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 03:01:44 pm »
"You'd best not anger him, lady." Was what Graves said as he walked into the ship. Segunda was indeed positivly fuming at her condescending tone. He let out a slow snarl as a rock next to his feet completely crumbled into dust. "You'd better reconsider your tone, Xiga." He said with grit teeth.

Koga

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 06:41:11 am »
Xiga could feel the anger fuming off of him. His power was pouring out his pores. She noticed the rock shatter nearby and winced. This guys a real hothead huh... She only saw a mere glimpse of this mans' near uncontrollable power, but that was all she needed. This guy she was working with was powerful and angry. Not usually a good combination. She took a mental note of this man's short temper, for that may be his only weakness.

Xiga desperately wanted to make some sly remark, but she knew if she started a fight with this guy they would never catch their target. It took all her will power not to say anything mean or condescending. "Yeah yeah, well let's get a move on buster." She said, trying to avoid conflict."We've got a robot to catch"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 02:17:54 pm »
"Hm. We might want to assemble the Hydroquads before we actually go hunt this guy," was what Segunda said as he seemed to calm down, yet, the psintegrate still, like always, seemed to be pissed off. "Get the sensors up. This robot's a hunter, don't forget." He murmured, "and he wanted us to find him. So we better dig down before we head out."

Koga

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 02:28:01 pm »
"BOOOOOORING" Xiga exclaimed, just before pressing a button on her belt and turning completely invisible. "All this talk is starting to piss me off." She said, as foot prints began to decorate the desert floor. "I'm gonna go hunt this guy, see ya." And with that, she ignited her jet boots and began to fly off into the distance. The only part of her that remained visible were the flames from her boots.

She followed her radar till she was near the source of the strange signal, then she cut the power to her jet boots and used her telekinesis to land gracefully on the desert floor. He's got to be around here somewhere... She tried to stay low as she pulled up one of her dual pistols and looked around.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 02:58:05 am »
"I'm not coming to save your ass." Was what Segunda murmured as he turned around and.brushed past her invisible form, "be careful, his speciality is assassination." He murmured as he walked inside his ship.

The only place someone could hide in the wasteland Xiga had reached was a formtion of rocks just a tad further  ahead. The rest was barren, flat and desolate.

Aradlet out a silent mechanical blurt. He heard footsteps. Someone was coming.

Koga

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 08:14:50 am »
Xiga saw the rock formation before her, and immediately knew that was where the robot was hiding. She paused for a moment, thinking to herself. How should she go about this? It would definitely be unwise to wildly walk up to the formation on her own, however, what other choice did she have? Here eyes then widened.

Idea!

She reached down to her utility belt, and grabbed a small grenade. She remained invisible and got low to the ground. Then she pulled the pin on her grenade, and tossed it into the rock formation before her.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 01:08:54 pm »
With a loud blast, the rock formation was exploded to bits, but not revealing their target at all.

With a loud crack, Arad's hands shot up from the ground, grabbing Xiga's legs and pulling her offguard, before he completed from side and appeared ontop of her, the laser-edged weaponry branded. A low snarl left him.

Koga

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 12:48:29 pm »
"oh- SHIT!" Xiga shouted into the comm link, as she fell over and looked at the robotic assassin on top of her. Thankfully, she made sure not to release the pistol from her hand. She pointed it up at the target, and fired two quick blasts, before rolling backward onto her feet.

"Eyes on the target here, bossman"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 03:49:52 am »
The shots just grazed off of the armour plating. Arad raised the blade to stab down on Xiga.

With a loud clunk, Arad was knocked off and smacked into an invisble wall. Segunda folded his arms, narrowing his eyes.

Koga

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 07:50:41 am »
"And here I thought you weren't going to come save me!" The Bounty Hunter laughed in the face of death, as she flipped her pistol back into its sheath. It was obvious that blaster bullets weren't going to be enough to take out this robot. She pointed her robotic red arm at the droid. "You're alll mine!" She said, as her arms started to glow with power. A loud ringing could be heard from it as it charged up. From the center of her robotic palm, a blinding red light pierced the metal and reflected off of Arad's armor plating. She held the arm in place with her other hand as it charged.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 01:22:02 pm »
"I look out for my people," he grunted slowly, "even if they are arrogant asswipes." Segunda said as he held the droid in stasis for Xiga's charged attack. Several of his crew kneeled down next to the psionic warrior that was Segunda, aiming their rifles.

Arad let out a slow snarl, it almost sounded like he was amused. Silence dawned momentarily, before the burst of energy came from Xiga's arm, accompanied by the rattling of gunfire.

And none of them hit.

Small wisps of crimson energy were visible as Arad landed behind Segunda and his soldiers. And within the blink of an eye, all but Segunda fell, bleeding from several critical wounds.

Segunda grit his teeth, lifting Arad up in the air and smacking him against the floor.

Koga

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 12:55:35 pm »
"Shit...." Xiga whispered as she looked down at the hot smoke coming from the palm of her robotic hand. How had that blast missed? She was aiming right at him! The Bounty Huntress looked around. She noticed that many of Segundas men had been slaughtered in cold blood. A gasp left her lips. She could hardly believe her eyes. Had all but herself and Segunda been killed? Were they really the only ones left. Jeez, this guy's tougher than he looks.

Without even thinking, the girl whipped out her pistols and began rapidly firing them at ARAD. "Please tell me you've got a plan B bossman!"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 07:26:47 am »
"Plan B was ruined the instant you went on alone yourself!" Segunda rumbled as he held ARAD in a stasis in the air, allowing Xiga for free target practice. Several bullets slammed into the arms and chassis of the robot. The sound of servo starting to spin rapidly resounded, crimson lights lit up in the cracks in his plating.

"Overdrive." The robot snarled slowly and suddenly vanished from sight.

Koga

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 11:58:13 am »
"Ohhhhhh shit." Xiga exclaimed, lowering her pistols after the Android vanished. "Oh fuck. fuck. fuck. It said overdrive. What the FUCK'S OVERDRIVE!?" She shouted, looking desperately to Segunda for an answer. "Ughhhhhh" She groaned, waving her pistols about in the air randomly. She was angry, confused, and a little scared. But most of all, she was starting to get tired of this fight. At this point, the Bounty Hunter just wanted to kill the damn android and go home.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS IT!?" She shouted, looking all around her.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal