Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Down Came the Rain and Washed the Spider Out [m]  (Read 9599 times)

Offline Draconian

Down Came the Rain and Washed the Spider Out [m]
« on: October 01, 2015, 10:56:41 pm »
Being on the planet was never an enjoyable thing for her.

Mae reclined on a couch in Tetra's home and patiently waited for him to return. There was important news to discuss and with all the annoying psychic's around it wouldn't do well to warn him about it. Instead, she decided to simply show up at his house. Read through a few of his old-timey books. Maybe they were journals?

Either way, they were really boring.

The curtains were closed to ward off any sunlight and the petite young looking thing eventually got bored enough of reading a journal-book that she simply helped herself to his bedside data pad and reclined on his bed. Maybe she'd find some story to read on the net.

Some Pilot Fiction.

Ah, always grand times.

A quick glance at the clock told her she'd been here for two hours, doing nothing but laying on his furniture and reading. Oh well, only a few minutes to go, then she could give him the information she had and carry on.

Except for a problem. Mae sat up, crossed her legs and rested her head on her hand. She couldn't remember what it was. Drat.

Oh well.

The scene that Tetra would come home to would be interesting, to say the least. Though the unexpected guest on his bed would probably be the most alarming.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 11:59:22 pm by Draconian »

Offline Lion

Re: Down Came the Rain and Washed the Spider Out [Lion!]
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 12:11:47 am »
Gods had the day been long.  First the shuttle back from TRIM was late, oh how he hated delays.  Tetra found it useless to grumble to himself, and went back to the notes he'd taken on the last few sessions he'd had.

Romac Wilson was a creep.  A harmless creep, that liked to play with his sister's dolls and turn them into marionette's to torment her and liked to wear the fewest amount of clothes possible.  He had managed to somehow not require restraints during their session, where he spoke highly of his kitty-cat Pancakes.

Tetra couldn't help having sympathy for the cat. 

The long ride home would be rewarded with a fine cup of hot tea, no doubt, and perhaps a long nap.  Yes, that sounded just about what the doctor ordered.  Dr. Phaedras sniffed, smirking at his own joke.

When he'd finally arrived at his apartment door, he was surprised to hear that a visitor had been let in.  What a stupid doorman!  Did they have any discretion!?  Tetra didn't have any friends or professional relations that ever visited him at home.  He'd always made it clear that any messages were be given at his office, or emailed to him personally.

He frowned deeply, opening the door and finding his place in ... a state.  He didn't like it.  It wasn't supposed to be in a state!  It was supposed to be just how he let it.  He hung up his jacket and set down his case, strolling over toward the pile of books that had clearly been tampered with and back toward the bed room...

"MAE!  MAE!  What are you doing!?" he said, scowling and holding his hands tightly behind his back.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 12:17:21 am »
Mae gave a brief look up towards Tetra.

A little flutter of her heart - a phantom movement she knew because her heart didn't beat, undead that she was - and she gave her a bright smile, fangs on display and if she had blood in her system she knew her cheeks would be flushed.

"Oh, I'm trying to remember why I was here." Puffing out her cheeks she removed herself from his bend, fluffing out her skirts and fixing her hair of any bed head from his pillow. "It's top secret you see," She held out her hands to display that she wasn't holding anything, "Unfortunately I've forgotten what it was."

Tapping at her lips she looked him up and down, "You seem tired, would you like me to make you some tea?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 01:08:48 am »
Oh, how unfortunate, and doubly convenient that she forgot what it was she was supposed to tell him.  The matter made him no less irate.  There was a certain protocol to be had of course!  Didn't she understand this? 

No.  The answer was readily made apparent.

"So why did you have to come here?  You could have messaged my directly back at TRIM," he said.  "How did you even get in here?  Did you hypnotize the door man?"  It was a ridiculous question of course, and Tetra already hated himself for asking it.

And the fact that she anticipated tea.

His frown deepened.  "No!  I mean.  Well, yes.  But I don't need you to make it.  I can make it myself.  Just quickly remember and leave!  I've requested any messages regarding work to be relayed to me at work.  What is so hard to understand about that?" 

He walked away towards the kitchens toward the electric kettle and fixed himself a cup quickly, slamming a mug down.  He sighed inwardly.  "Did you want some?"  Damn him.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 01:20:45 am »
Hm.

This wasn't turning out how she wanted it at all.

Though, him getting so irritated was something she anticipated, she was hoping for a little bit of a warming reception. As it was, it seemed that wasn't going to happen. "You work here. With Pilots. And the dragons read everything. It's top secret." So top secret she'd have to remember it.  So top secret she came to Haviah herself to deliver it.

That was a lot of sunshine to avoid.

"I'm supposed to tell you what it is, get you to do it and then make you forget about it," Mae nodded at Tetra, moving close to him in the kitchen, practically hovering behind him. Gazing up at his neck and giving her lips a lick she blinked widely at him and his offer of tea.

No. She wouldn't. Not really.

"Yes, please," Was what came out of her mouth. Of course she'd regret it later - she always did - but it was a good excuse to let her stay here longer and finally she tapped at her lips. "I did, you know. Hypnotize the door man. Well, made him recognize me as your wife," A few nods, "It was easy, really. The brain is so simple once you know all the mechanics."

Seating herself at his table, she propped her elbows up on it and fluttered her eyes. "It's nice to see you again, did you know there's been an escapee? Dreadful news. I hope he's rotting in space right now."

Offline Lion

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 01:40:36 am »
[8D Calixte!  Or maybe someone else!]

Tetra smelled the brew of his own tea, and immediately he calmed down.  He stirred it and put in one lump of sugar, no creme and did not sip it until hers was served at the table.

He joined her, just a bit and ran a hand through the unruly ends of his hair, those that didn't wish to be tied back.  "I see," came his reply, although the subject did pique his interest.

"An escapee you say?  From TRIM?  And how do you know this?"  He was just a psychiatrist after all.  He hoped to spaceface that it wasn't Romac Wilson.  That guy was a creep.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 01:53:55 am »
[Calixte! =D!]

Mae took her tea plain and she brought it to her lips, let it wash about in her mouth before she slyly didn't drink it and instead left it in her cup. That way she could taste the tea and not have the awful stomach cramps later when her insides protested putting anything in there.

"This is a special delivery news, Tetra," Mae sighed, propping her head on her hand again and looking at him, "Don't you know what I do? I hate when subjects... Get away. He had such an interesting brain, you see." Her fingers tapped at the table and she took another sip-not-sip from her cup of tea.

Sometimes she wished she was a human.

Then she thought about how awful that was and was saddened for them. The aging thing seemed pretty awful.

Shifting in her chair and looking excited she reached forward to mime grabbing his hands, though she was sure he wouldn't give them to her. The poor man seemed like he wanted to warm up and she was as cold as ice. "I'm psychic, Teddy. I know everything." A tweak of her eyebrow and she looked towards his bedroom and began to wag her eyebrows.

Offline Lion

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 02:09:28 am »
Instead he drank his tea slowly, enjoying it and savoring the taste.  Tetra took the news with a grain of salt.  Not that he didn't think Mae was telling the truth, however, in the method of her telling, her lack of tact left much to be desired.  That and the news of an escape of any TRIM subject did not bode well with him.  There were so many people that came through his office, it was hard to keep track of them all.

Not that there was anything wrong with his mind.

Tetra was quiet in her extrapolations, for she did seem to love to talk.  And he was more than content to let her lead the conversation.  Or what little of it, it entailed.  "How did they escape?  Did they say?" he asked, instead, ignoring her previous gesture and waggly brows.  "Who was it?  This...this isn't good."

His frown deepened and he set his cup on the table.  Glancing at hers, he inwardly sighed.  Why did he even other being a good host if other people weren't even going to lavish in his hospitality, such as it were?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 02:22:00 am »
Mae pretended to drink her tea again but she frowned at Tetra instead. "I'd drink it for real but it gives me terrible stomach cramps," a pout and she tilted her head, "I thought you knew that." The fact she was a vampire was hardly a secret. It was right there in her employer profile. Still, he'd probably never looked at it and she looked off to the side again.

"C-something. K-something? Cal-something." Mae shrugged, "he got out because someone was stupid. Or he was more brilliant than he let on. Though I'm sure someone was just stupid." Mae looked thoughtful for a moment before she took a deep breath and blew out the chilled air as a sigh.

"I really don't remember what that news was. Oh well! I'll just stay with you until I remember what it is," she smiled at him widely, fluttering her eyelids again. Whoever said vampires were seductive had lied, Mae decided. This was harder than it looked. Maybe if she wasn't wearing the pink frilly dress.

Offline Lion

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 10:25:39 am »
He'd read her profile, even the one she'd made up for herself in her head.  Her template wasn't overly complicated, thankfully.  But there was only so much he explored before he felt it best to leave things alone.  Psychics tended to be a pain to read, especially undead ones.

Still this topic of a TRIM escapee was at least a little concerning.  Although he did not make it seem as if it bothered him.  Tetra sipped his tea  thoughtfully staring at her intently.

"Why don't you simply come by again when you remember it?" he asked, taking the cup she wasn't drinking and washing it in the sink. 

Offline Draconian

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 11:59:53 am »
"Hey," Mae whined reading for the tea he was taking away, "I was pretending to drink that!" Another pout, folding her arms over her chest and she frowned at him.

"It's daytime outside," She nodded to the closed window, "Maybe I'll leave when it's night." Maybe.

Standing up and folding her arms behind her back she cast Tetra a look, "He didn't escape here, by the way but... TRIM. Y'know. The one up there," She pointed up, giving her finger a wiggle. "That's why this visit is so important."

Then she sat back down and pondered, "Just gotta remember what that news was. New policy? Terms of agreement?" Leaning back she tapped at her lips and stared ahead while she cycled through the possibilities.

Offline Lion

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 12:22:28 pm »
"Well, tell me when you remember.  If there is nothing else you can see yourself out, the same way you saw yourself in," he said with a brief smile, stood and cleaned his own cup of tea.  Tetra returned to his room, and dressed out in loose pants, and nothing else, holding out a mat and walking out onto the sundrenched balcony.

He set out the mat and started his yoga routine.  Yes he needed to relax, after a day he had.  Mae really wasn't making it any better.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 12:49:27 pm »
So rude.

Mae sat in the shadiest part of his apartment she could fine, crossed her arms over her chest and waited.

"Okay, fine. I lied. I remember. It was the escapee. I already told you." A distinct pout, "I just wanted to visit longer." A quick intact of breath to imitating the sound of someone about to cry and she curled up, ducking her chin to her knees after she sat down. "I thought we were friends, Tetra."

Not really. They'd met a few times and were on a first name basis, but Mae was an odd girl and that was more than enough interaction to be friends.

Offline Lion

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 03:07:27 pm »
He heard her from outside, as he kept the glad does open to allow the common room to air out.  Tetra turned to face her on the mat, smiling a little.  "Then you've made good on your delivery. Thank you very much."  He took a deep breath and extended his torso upward, expanding his front.

"I don't have any friends, Miss Mae," he said, breathing out.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2015, 04:04:06 pm »
Ouch.

"Well, maybe if you weren't such a curmudgeon you would have more friends." Mae snapped back from her hiding place. What she really wanted to do was watch the show but the light - natural that it was - deemed it unfit for her to be in.

"Upside, I don't care if you think we're not friends. I think we're friends and that's what matters, really." Shifting slightly to look at him from her hiding spot, she blinked a few times before resuming being curled up in a little ball. "We're supposed to get along."

Offline Lion

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2015, 04:23:55 pm »
"Supposed to?  Many things are 'supposed' to be things as well," he said with a breath as he moved low and stretched out his legs.  He gave a gently stretch before dropping low into a split formation, and a well-done one at that.

"Friends are 'supposed' to be mutual are they not?  How can we be friends if it is merely one-sided.  Even I know that, curmudgeon though I am."  He smirked at her, and flexed his back.

"This seems to bother you a great deal, Miss Mae."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 12:18:36 am »
Mae glared at him.

Well, she glared in his general direction.

"Of course it bothers me. I take having friends very seriously and it bothers me a great deal that you don't want to be my friend." Her voice took a tone and she huffed loudly, "What is it then? Why can't we be friends? Is it because of distance? I'm on the station and you're stuck here on this dreary rock? Are you jealous?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 12:24:17 am »
Tetra just about finished from outside and walked back in, a towel draped over his shoulder.  He wiped his face and fixed himself a glass of water.  "Why does it bother you so much Mae?  There are plenty of people at the station, all TRIM'd so to speak, why not be friends with all of them?"

He smirked at her.  "Did you have so few friends as a child?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 12:29:19 am »
Mae pouted at him, glaring over at his open window and the light still shining through. Surely he noticed that and wasn't just being a terrible rude host. Surely.

"I don't remember that. I was a child literally forever ago." Glaring at him from behind a cushions she'd stolen from his couch she held it carefully to cover her face so she could avoid the light.

"And you? Do you just... Hate everyone? I bet you love robots. I bet your girlfriend is a robot."

Offline Lion

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 12:34:51 am »
"I thought you knew everything Mae," he tsked with his tongue and moved over to the window, closing the shades, closing the balcony doors.  He took the water over to the table in the living room and sat down, frowning at her.  "I'll need those cushions back."

He sighed and shrugged.  "You're welcome to have a seat, since it's too daylight-y for you to leave," he said.   "So you resent your forgetfulness.  Do you feel the need to cling to others to hold on to some sense of stability in your life, Miss Mae?" he asked, in that gentle tone he used with new arrivals that were first on the couch in his office.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal