Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: A Robotic Meet & Greet [Arad]  (Read 943 times)

Stardancer

A Robotic Meet & Greet [Arad]
« on: September 17, 2015, 03:12:34 am »
Orion sighed again as yet another rude person pushed past him, this one having four horns coming out of his head. The Trenopian wasn't sure what race or species the man was, he just knew he was not the nicest sort. His thoughts Orion heard dancing around in his own mind further proved this. The words having been 'What a puny looking three eyed blue stick man.' Obviously referring to Orion of course. After all how many met his description here on this space station?

Continuing to make his way through the Cancer station, intent to purchase something here from one of the merchants, Orion continued to tone down his psionic sensitivity to others' thoughts and intentions as there were so many here gathered in one place. One woman in particular eyed him with something akin to lust in her eyes and her thoughts he heard then were 'What an interesting male specimen. I'd certainly like to explore him further.' She was obviously a prostitute based on what she was wearing as well as her overall demeanor, coming up to him then to offer Orion her 'services.'

“Hey there fine thing. Care to join me for some fun? I'll have you know I have a a full body tattoo of the entire known universe. I could give you an astronomy lesson you'll never forget.” Winking at him and twirling a piece of hair around her index finger, while tilting her hips to the side seductively.

Orion politely declined and moved on, hearing her disappointed response in his mind. He didn't intend to be here long, just find the merchant that he needed to and move on somewhere else. The small spacecraft he had arrived in was still at the docking station, the pilot inside waiting for him to return in an hour or two. Cancer had many things in stock here, being what it was. Orion wanted to find a particular book on special artifacts from a lost civilization that used to exist on a planet near here called Earth that he had visited a few times before. This merchant he was searching for was one of the few businessmen who possessed such a tome in their inventory.

Soon he came upon the street junction where the man's shop was set up nearby. However the sign said it was closed for the evening. Another sigh left his lips. He had arrived too late. But he needed that book. So with that in mind, his intention was to find an inn he could stay at to wait for tomorrow to come so he could purchase the book. Sending a telepathic message to the pilot about this, he got an affirmative sense that the other Trenopian had received it and went on his way to find an inn then. A reputable one at that, not some sleazy bar where all sorts of low-lives stayed. Tolerant he may be, Orion was far from being stupid though.

Searching the area for a bit, Orion soon found one and proceeded to go on inside. It was now fully dark by this point.

ARAD V1.0

Re: A Robotic Meet & Greet [Arad]
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 01:22:15 pm »
"Oi! Scrapheap!" Arad looked up from his spot, somewhere in the back of the inn, a human had approached him. The inn wasn't sleazy or filled with lowlifes, just your occasional troublesome drunk. Though, he know scrapheap was the choice insult for someone who deemed it was appropriate to think he was some kind of servant droid. And it irked him quite a bit. It was tiring, even. In his peripheral vision, he saw a type of blue, thin figure enter the inn. "I'm talkin' to you, bucketbrain!" The voice became far more intrusive and pushy towards Arad, caushing the droid to heave a slow, mechanical sigh. "I payed for this." He said, pointing down at the rather crude fashioned power outlet and adaptor. "So. Unless yours truly has to become physically active, the power here will be regulated." His heavy mechanical voice resounded through the entire room. "Fuckbrain." Came forth from his voice modulator, imitating his agressor's voice. The thoughts around this droid were consistent of nothing but binary code, whether Orion could read these or not remained a mystery.

The man's face went red in anger, snorting slowly. "You're pretty smart fe'r a piece of metal." If the droid could smirk, there would be one right now. His voice changed slightly, granting a more cheeky tone in it. "And you're expectedly dumb for a human." Was the droid's formulated reply. "Last time a man beat pure binary logic? No known cases." He added, nodding slowly.

The drunkard was fuming, his hand with the iconic bottle of beer raised to smash unto the droid's head unfrivolously. And succesfully so, the bottle did shatter on Arad's head. Beer did run down the metal plating surrounding his cerebrum. But it barely had any effect. The droid stood up, smacking his open palm against the drunkard's face. A loud crack resounding from a broken nose. Yet, it was quicker than any kind of movement a human could produce. The lights dimmed and almost extinguished at his movements, the droid was tapping too much power from the entire establishment. He sat back down slowly again, the lights, accompanied by a deep hum, went to their original brightness.

Stardancer

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 06:43:36 pm »
Entering the inn, the smells of alcohol and non-alcoholic drink alike met his nose as well as the faint scent of body odor. Soon Orion spotted the man who was emitting the not so pleasant 'aroma', currently trying to pick on some kind of robot or droid. He had to agree with the droid's comment that the man was in fact acting like a moron. The Trenopian sighed at this. After all violence was seen as the lowest form of life for his kind and they never engaged in it themselves. The very very few cases that a Trenopian did indulge in such conflict, they were quickly cast out, sent off to the prison planet of Bogatron, never to be seen again.

So what did Orion do? He sent a telepathic message to the drunk man, telling him in no uncertain words to leave and not cause any more trouble. After all he had been the one to hit the droid in the first place, not the other way around. "Unless you wish to be killed by that robot in the most unpleasant of ways, I suggest you leave this establishment before any more harm is done." Orion communicated to him mentally. Of course the robot doing such was also a big no-no for Orion, as that wasn't acceptable either. Yet he couldn't really give such suggestions to such a creature, being as it wasn't a biological one.

The man looked around confused, then noticed Orion staring at him. The drunkard was so unnerved by this, he did leave and without another word, banging the door behind him loudly as he exited.

Orion then turned his attention to the robot. The "thoughts" if he could call them such were comprised of only ones and zeros in a certain mathematical algorithm and not actual words or images. Binary. Not surprising at all actually. While Orion could interpret some binary code, he was by no means an expert at such. But maybe one day he would be. He could hope. The code he read then seemed to indicate the droid was feeling satisfaction at his earlier actions when he hit the man in the nose.

He cautiously went up to it and asked, "I assume everything's alright now that the man is gone?" It definitely sported intelligence in its countenance and demeanor that was for sure.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 06:43:20 am »
Everyone seemed shocked. Naturally, he had just completely crunched a man's nose within the blink of an eye. Looks filled with distrust and fear were directed at him. He didn't really care. Nor had he any  possibilities to show any kind of facial expressions. No, the droid merely sat down like nothing had happened, returning to recharging. Quite the trivial and irritating activity, waiting untill his systems were fully powered again. With the solar panels on his ship, all he had to do was orbit a sun and hook into the mainframe. That took roughly twenty minutes. At this rate? He'd still be stuck there for atleast a day or two.

Arad looked up at the blue creature approaching him. "There was never a problem. I am 'alright'." He replied with a deep mechanical voice. There was indeed never a problem. Not for the droid there wasn't. He was sure the drunkard regretted messing with a fully sentient combat droid. The latter was also quite obvious to anyone who could spot the difference between a servant droid and a unit outfitted for combat.

Stardancer

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 06:14:25 pm »
Orion nodded then, examining the combat droid in front of him. It or he was certainly an interesting piece of work that was for sure. After all, the Trenopian sought to learn about whatever he could, knowledge being his fundamental belief in his spiritual life. It was knowledge that determined how far one could go in life. Every Trenopian had a certain belief or set of beliefs they practiced, for him it was knowledge and understanding, for his sister it was hope. And so with this firmly in mind, he wanted to know more about this robotic creature and why it was here. Who made it and what it planned on doing. Perhaps he could learn more about binary code by deciphering more of its thought patterns. It was a most intriguing speculation.

Taking a seat next to the droid, he looked at it briefly before saying, "Do you mind if I join you for a few minutes?"

Orion also wanted to take a rest as well, as he had had to walk quite a ways to get to this inn. His legs were tired and besides striking up a conversation with a sentient robot should be the highlight of his day, considering he would have to wait until tomorrow to acquire that book he wanted. It was a splendid idea.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 10:01:03 am »
"I do not mind at all. It is a different pace from the usual distrust filled staring." Arad stated, looking at the Trenopion that sat next to him. Arad seemed to be sitting rather lazy for a combat droid, leaning back in the chair, feet raised on the table now and his arms folded. It was true, people were regarding him with distrusting and fearful looks. It was a given there would be trouble ahead. "Ask what you want." The droid said, turning his head to the Trenopian. Yet, with a lack of eyes, it was difficult for Orion to tell just where Arad was looking.

Stardancer

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 09:10:51 pm »
The Trenopian did not need to look at the other patrons as he could clearly hear their thoughts in his mind, albeit a more toned down version of them since he was trying to manage his sensitivity to such sensors. One thought by an elderly, pot bellied man with a bald head was thinking "That alien's got some nerve there. Hope that piece of metal doesn't bash his brains out." While another, obviously the innkeeper himself, was thinking "Such behavior in my establishment. When did my inn become such a dive for drunkards? That combat droid better behave itself." Along with the mental murmurs of all the other patrons.

Fully tuning out those voices as he well knew how to, Orion turned to look at the robot. "I would like to know," he began, "What is your business here? You look as though you came in this inn for a reason. Do you go by any kind of name?"

A crash then resounded as the barmaid dropped the tray of glasses she was balancing in her hands, due to the fact she had bumped into a nearby patron because her attention had been on Orion and Arad instead of watching where she was walking. The patron yelled at her, his voice echoing through the building. "Watch where yer going, wench!" Shaking his head as the now flustered barmaid quickly bent to collect all the broken glass on the floor, the innkeeper also going over with a small trash can plus a broom and pan to help her pick up the shards.

Orion shook his head in dismay at the spectacle and then turned back to Arad. "Such rudeness." he thought to himself.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 11:50:26 am »
"Passing through." He said in response, examining his hand slowly. "I needed to charge up. That is why I am here. My designation is ARAD Version one point oh. Arad for short." Arad's head immediatly turned to the loud crash, yet, immediatly concluding it wasn't a threat, he looked back at the Trenopian.

"My real name.. Is long forgotten."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal