Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Dreaming of a New Age [Daglobster]  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Jounin

Re: Dreaming of a New Age [Daglobster]
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 09:00:14 pm »
Cygnus gives her a friendly smile as he continues to cook. "Well Hailette I am glad that you see reason or this dinner would have gotten sour quickly." He gives off a joking laugh. "So tell me what is your rank?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 10:31:21 pm »
"Airman First Class!" she declared proudly, having searched for proper Libran air force ranks with her computerized brain.

"Are you like... and Admiral or something?"

Offline Jounin

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 11:22:57 pm »
"Impressive...it's interesting your body signals, the way you speak it is not one of a trained pilot. If you were a private or even an ensign I could understand, but not one of first class."

Cygnus finishes up the meal. "Another thing is shouldn't you know who I am already...what is my name?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2015, 09:58:21 am »
"Well, I've always been pretty casual," Asai said, and shrugged.

"And, I don't really know you because, well... you're not in my branch. I've never been good with names or ranks. Airman first class sounds pretty high up, but it's just above Airman. Airman's as low as it gets, we don't have privates in the Pilot force."

She crossed her hands over her lap.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2015, 01:58:13 pm »
(OOC: Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the branches are led by admirals wouldn't they be navy ranks? But I could be easily wrong.)

Cygnus lets out a sigh. "Well I've never really been one to focus on the other branches so I can't argue that." He puts the sir fry in two bowls and brings them to a table. "I am Admiral Pleiades, but since we're keeping things casual you can call me Cygnus." 

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 01:54:08 am »
[I dunno, I'd like to think that if all the branches used the exact same ranks, things would be confusing...]

Asai smiled. She walked with him to the table, and when he set the bowls down, she sat next to him, rather than across.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Cygnus."

Offline Jounin

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 06:20:15 am »
(OCC: Fair enough)

She sat next to him instead of across. Why does she want to get close to him? His military trained mind kicks in thinking it could lead to an assignation attempt. He bypasses that thought and thinks that maybe she has an interest in him.

Cygnus has never actually been in a relationship before due to going from scavenger to military prodigy with no in between. This flustered him a little as he started to eat smiling back at her.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2015, 06:22:58 pm »
Okay, maybe she'd been a bit bold, but it seemed like he didn't really mind! And he was cute, too. Asai didn't really consider herself all that adept at flirting,  but it seemed she was doing something right.

Which was good, because if she could get this guy to soften up on her, she'd be able to get out of this situation all the faster!

"So, you live here all by yourself?"

Offline Jounin

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2015, 08:09:51 am »
"Yeah, I don't normally have people over either. I'm usually on duty, but when I'm not I tend to just work on robots, mechas, or really any other synthetic machine. I know this may sound odd, but I've probably spent more time around technology then people."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2015, 12:07:18 pm »
At that, a small, involuntary smile from Asai. Work with machines? How convenient.

"That's okay, I'm the same way! There aren't many people that lick to stick around with me. It's hard being a mage."

She looked down, and started eating.

"Mmm! Delicious!"

Offline Jounin

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2015, 12:56:03 pm »
"I'm glad you like it!" Cygnus gives a kind smile. He couldn't shake the feeling that something is off.

Unintentionally he starts clenching a fist while trying to push his paranoid thoughts away. The one thing he had ever despised about the military is how it created a string sense of fear within him.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2015, 05:16:05 am »
Asai smiled, and she started to thread some noodles through her fork when she picked up some movement by his hand.

She glanced down, and saw that he was clenching it, and her eyes opened up a bit wider.

"What's wrong?" She asked, and mustering up the sheer depths of her courage, she put her hand over his. Her hand felt human, no doubt about it. Her skin was soft, and smooth, and she was definitely warm. Cygnus would even be able to feel a heartbeat, if he focused on it enough.

Realizing what she was doing, her cheeks threatened to just turn completely red. Even then, a slight tint made its way onto her expression.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2015, 03:49:28 pm »
His body seemed to relax at the feel of her touch. "It's nothing...just a bad habit from being in the military." He gives her a comforting smile. "So why don't you tell me more about yourself."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2015, 10:27:42 am »
A flash of concern went through Asai's features, presumably over his little "habit", but she smiled afterwards.

"Not much to say, really. Born and raised here, in Libra. Magic came into my life when I was around eight years old, and when I was sixteen, I signed on as a cadet in the duo pilots."

Offline Jounin

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 06:54:12 pm »
"That seems fair enough. What was your reason to join? How do you feel about our military?" Cygnus tried to not sound to inquisitive, but he has to find a casual way to ease his suspicions.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 07:46:22 pm »
"Well, I didn't quite like the alternative," Asai said, and brushed a bit of her hair out of the way. She ate a few more noodles, and turned to face Cygnus on her chair.

"When I found out I could do magic, I... well, I wanted to do it! And do it good. I figured that the military was the place for that. I get to serve my station, too."

She smiled.

"What about you? What's your story, Admiral Cygnus?"

Offline Jounin

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 07:36:58 pm »
A satisfied smile spread across his face as he finished up his food. "You made the right choice joining the military. As for me I grew up on the streets and when my parents suffered a fatal accident I turned to scavenging. There I started building a mecha with my spare parts and the military saw my talents and recruited me."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 08:06:49 pm »
"Wow, a whole mecha from spare parts?" Asai said, wonder and curiosity in her eyes.

"You must be really good with machines. Especially humanoid ones."

Offline Jounin

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 11:56:50 pm »
Cygnus' eyes lit up. "Yeah! There's something about a human and machine in one that just seems kind of beautiful. I've always been proud of my ability with robotics."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2015, 08:08:18 am »
Asai chuckled, a blush fell onto her cheeks. Why was she blushing? She shouldn't be blushing at a comment like that!

"I always thought the mecha were so cool, but I could never wrap my head around piloting one."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal