Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Sand between the toes [Planet Drorth]  (Read 4595 times)

Offline SilverLuna

Sand between the toes [Planet Drorth]
« on: August 26, 2015, 02:01:22 pm »
[Usha; Open capital of the Uras]

Droth; a red planet with mainly desert. It had changed a little since the Uras had crashed with their ship however. Not really flourishing but from sandstone a large walled city had been built. With rather wide fancy homes, bathhouses  filled with water they traded on the neighbouring planet, even a small variety of crops were grown limited from the first seeds that had survived the crash.

Being the kind of people they were though, the city they built with their hands and technology salvaged from their ship, was open for everyone. Native and visitor. Under the condition not to resort to violence of course.

A market was going on in the early mornings before it would become to hot. White canvas provided some shade but certainly not enough.

Vivian, one of the Uras folk was born in Usha and with some large weapon nonchalantly on her shoulders she passed the market. Smiling as she passed a stand that had all kinds of glass animals. She had no time for shopping though. It was hunting time. And the creatures were huge. Still it had to be done. Food here did not grow on trees that well and just living of cacti and crops that could grow in this dry planet eventually got boring.

She reached the meeting place where a sandsurf vehicle was waiting with most of her hunting companions for today. Not all of them were Uras, there were various kinds of races that lived here. And everyone had to work equally hard. The lazy were not rewarded here.

''Morning.'' Vivian spoke with a seductive smile.

''Got miss foekiller fixed?''  a fellow Uras spoke. A mechanic who was checking the large open sand sled one last time.

''Ready for action just like me'' Vivian said with a grin. They were a few men to short though. But there was still some time until they have to go.

''What will we hunt today?'' she asked.

''A Tunneler. If we get it down we have food for a week.'' the mechanic said with a large grin.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Offline Jounin

Re: Sand between the toes [Planet Drorth]
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 05:16:42 pm »
Sobrik needed resources if he was going win this war. He travelled to Usha to make a trading agreement with the Uras, but before he negotiated anything it was apart of Agnar custom to hunt with his possible allies.

He signed up for a hunting party and was just arriving to the spot now. A sandsurf vehicle awaits with multiple people already there of all species but most where Uras.

Sobrik bows to the people already there. "Greetings fellow hunters I am Chief Sobrik Galeesh leader of the Koresh tribe.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:55:42 pm »
''Pleasure to have you on board. I hope you have experience with hunting, we have a Tunneler today appearantly.'' Vivian said who walked forward and held out her hand.

Her kin kind of owed a lot to the Agnar. They were basicly the people who tought them the basics of hunting the overly large creatures here.

''Vivian is the name, one of the shooters.'' Something that certainly could be told by the large rocket launcher on her back.

The others introduced themselves as well but seemed a little less enthausiastic now knowing they would be taking down Tunneler which was a wurmlike creature that could grow to over 80 ft long. There was a lot of meat on one but outside they had a skeleton. Their head was very tough and taking one down was no easy job. They stayed underground though occasionally coming up if it felt food walking on the surface. They were no strangers eating their own kin either.

''Try to keep the outer skeleton as intact as possible. We can use it to make new items so we can trade with Auvis. We can not show up with our stained glass objects no matter how much they love and request them.'' the mechanic spoke and finished with the checkup of the vehicle. ''Spare sails are in the back. Shoot a flare if you've killed it.''
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 06:51:09 am »
Sobrik shook Vivian's hand. "All Agnars are experienced hunters, even True Bloods. I've made sure my people keep that tradition."

He joins the rest of the people in the vehicle and sits next to Vivian. He admired how they were all equals here, even him. He is never keen on being treated specially because he leads all the civilized Agnar.

He turns to Vivian right before they head out. "A tunnler huh? I remember when all your people could hunt were desert hares. Your species has adapted well here." Sobrik gives off a hearty laugh.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 10:18:33 am »
''Desert hares have been longer ago then either our age I'm sure.'' Vivian replied with a chuckle. ''We do owe much to what your kin taught us. Fortunatly weapon wise we were already well adapted.''

The last few showed up and the sandsurfer made its way out of the city. It ran on both solar and wind power just like most of their other equipment. But solar power was preferably stored if the wind was enough.

The sails got unbound and were soon to pick up the wind.

The navigator who held a sort of radar gave directions to those controlling the wheel and sails and soon the city was far behind them.

''Chief Sorbrik Galeesh was it? What brings you out hunting with us. Last time I heard your name was ages ago.'' Vivian said as she started to load her weapon with its nessesary ammo.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 11:05:22 am »
"As you know my people are at a civil war between remaining nomadic barbarians or evolving into a modern civilization. I'm here to make trade negotiations with your people, but it is custom of me to hunt with my possible allies before making any negotiations."

The ground shakes from underneath them. "I believe we are reaching our starting destination soon." Sobrik does a quick prayer to the Goddess of the Hunt in preparation.   

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 12:29:49 am »
Vivian nodded in understanding.

''Let's hope then we can be of service.'' she said as she got on her feet. ''Debra throw the bomb. Lure it to the surface.'' Vivian sounded exited and soon a few short fuse bombs were thrown behind them. Going off one by one sending vibrations into the earth the Tunnelers used to find prey.

After two went off the creature surfaced at the location of the third but its size shocked all of them.

''Damnit we have a Queen! We are not equipped for one.'' the navigator said.
''Of course we are.'' Vivian said. Hunting always exited her and dealing with a queen although they were supposed to be going after a normal one, got the adrenaline pumping through her body.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 04:47:04 pm »
A wide grin appears on Sobrik's face. "Now lets see how tough you Uras have truly become!" He jumps off the sled drawing his sword and turning the laser blade on.

"Vivian your rockets will cause enough vibration to attract it! Lead it on a path and me and the other hunters will climb it to hit it's weak spot!" Sobrik commands.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 01:25:03 am »
''Sobrik get your ass on the vehicle NOW!'' the navigator called. The driver turned around to pick the Agnar up. ''We NEVER leave the vehicle. Unless it explodes.'' Vivian said. ''Also my rockets are not meant for vibration.'' she said with a smirk on her pretty face.

''Estemated size of this queen is over 50 metres. Sure you do not want to retreat or call for another?'' the driver asked.

''We got this.'' Vivian assured and once close enough pulled Sobrik back on board. And on time too as tje Tunneler had felt Sobrik land and was headed towards him. ''Just keep in front of her.''

Tunnelers in general had an outer skeleton to strong for outer damage. They had learned to simply blow up the mouth. Or rather, the bone and flesh that kept the brain on its location.
Although with a regular Tunneler Sobrik's tactic might have worked.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 07:52:39 am »
Sobrik gets pulled back into the vehicle. "So this is the major divide between Uras and Agnar hunting interesting...I'll have to learn how to use my sword effectively on this."

He puts his arm around Vivian patting her shoulder. "You seem to have a proficient hunting mindset. How do you say we should proceed?" 

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 08:28:35 am »
''Shooting its hungry teethfilled excuse for a mouth to oblivion that's what.'' Vivian said as she braced herself on the end of the vehicle her rocket launcher on her shoulder loaded. The Tunneler had vanished beneath the sand again and after a few more grenades it resurfaced once more behind them.

''You will become our meal beastie.'' Vivian said with a smile and fired the first rocket which hit the inside of the Tunneler's mouth but not the location she wanted. She kept her cool though, and prepared her second.

''There is a second launcher if you'd like to join in handsome.'' Vivian said with a smirk. She enjoyed it to the fullest.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 03:28:39 pm »
"I'll pass sweetheart, I'm not one for guns I've always liked the feeling of cutting into my prey. If you have any energy cells though I could supercharge my blade long enough for it to be of use."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 12:29:55 am »
''Use them well.'' A second shooter said who had a plasma rifle in his hands. A lopeared Uras with black fur and white spots handed Sobrik a handfull. ''For the record Vivian you are insane.'' he added.

He seemed more tense then Vivian who shot another rocket. It hit the mark and the beast shrieked but the blast was not enough to break the bone.

''I know I am.'' Vivian said with a grin. She did seem more focussed.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 04:16:34 pm »
Sobrik bowed to the Uras who handed him the energy cells. "This should be plenty enough." He sees that Vivian hit the spot. "Only a little bit more fellow hunters!" Sobrik barks as he fills the pommel of his sword with energy cells.

Switching the blade on it now expands a good twenty feet. "Now this is what I'm talking about!" Sobrik jumps on the back of the sled and waits until the tunneler gets close enough and slashes into it cutting through the bone. 

He retracts his sword as it wails in pain  flailing. The ground started shaking and caving in. "What's going on?!" one of the hunters yells.

Sobrik gets back in his spot and responds. "I believe we're above a tunneler base and the ground is unstable because of the caverns!" 

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 11:57:46 pm »
''Nice cut'' Vivian said with a smile as the inside of the head litterly collapsed in the Tunneler's huge mouth and after a long slide it stopped. Dead.

''According to our analysis and the radar their burrow is the other way. Hence we lured it this way.'' The navigator said and soon a bump was felt.

''There is another one! Fuck!'' the driver said who turned the wheel. Not to sharply though as it minded that there were people in the back. It did increase the speed but to late as a second Tunneler although fortunatly not a Queen emerged from the sand bumping against the back causing the end to be shot a metre into the air. Vivian being the only Uras with heavy arsenal that needed two hands and having nothing else to hold on was slung out of the vehicle and landed in the sand with her weapon next to her.

The female Uras cursed and grabbed her weapon before running away from the Tunneler that was now dangerously close to her. Uras were really good at running fast but the question was how long her endurance would be.

Tunnelers were fast too and did not take long until it slowly started to gain on her. And the vehicle was not exactly close by. At the least close enough for the others to fire what they had at the thing to slow it down.

Every step she took allerted the creature where Vivian was so she had to think of something rather now then in two minutes. She then however stopped and turned around. Seeing the creature getting closer this fast was frightning but she waited. Hearing another of the shooters call her name. When the Tunneler was close enough she jumped up high and landed on the creature's body.

''Find me now bitch'' Vivian said with half a smile. But it was not over yet. She would not be able to celebrate until the thing was dead.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2015, 07:32:23 am »
"Don't get off the vehicle my ass!" Sobrik yells while jumping off the sled.

"Sobrik! how many times do I have to..." The navigator starts only to be cut off.

"Vivian is in trouble and I've handled regular Tunnelers before!" The Tunneler started charge at him and Sobrik stood there stomping. Whhen the Tunneler got close he side stepped it and slashed.

It barely missed to sweet spot, swearing under his breath Sobrik starts running forwards cutting the sword through it's body hoping to at least do some damage.   

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 07:43:37 am »
Whilest Sobrik was busy with the second Tunneler, his attackes significantly weakening the beast,  Vivian made her to the top of the skull and placed the launcher on top of it. ''I will not be anybody's lunch today'' she said as she emptied the clips one by one. The first opened the flesh. The second cracked and the third broke the skull while the fourth blew up the brains.

Due to the speed the Tunneler moved about another 20 feet before stopping. Dead just like the queen.

Vivian was not completely clean though, dust and gore stuck to her fur like glue but she did not seem to care or notice as her adrenaline rush started to fade and heavily panting she slid off the Tunneler.

''Oi hot stuff... not bad...'' she said to Sobrik with half a smile.The sandsurfer returned as well. ''Gods Vivian! Are you crazy?'' the driver said once close enough.

''Me crazy? They should convescate your license to drive..'' Vivian chuckled.

Stardancer

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 02:55:46 am »
The sounds of clapping was then heard as a black-haired woman with lightly tanned skin and a fiery scimitar sheathed at her side made her appearance then. "Not bad, not bad." she commented, still clapping. "I would have also nailed it from the head by blasting out its brains. A little incision with my weapon, drop in a bomb and you have one very dead Tunneler."

The warrior made her way over to them, and extended a hand in greeting. "The name's Yashana Joriin, of the Red Sands village." She looked over the group with a keen eye, noting everyone there, her gaze landing on Sobrik for just a moment. "I guess I missed all the fun then."

Offline Jounin

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 09:06:22 am »
Sobrik cracked his neck and was the first to shake her hand then proceeded in a customary bow. "You sure did, that was one hell of a fight! But there are plenty of monster out here to kill, you just got to know where the good ones are."

Sobrik scans the woman up and down. "Red Sands, huh?  So you must hate True Bloods too then? They seem to love to raid those human settlements."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 10:41:41 am »
''Alas my daggers lack the strength go go through their armored skin.'' Vivian said and shook Yashana's hand but with her left one as her right hand was still covered in blood and pieces of brain.

''Vivian. Nice to meet cha'' she said before looking at the vehicle. ''Cobra... fire the blue flare gun. Twice. The retrieval team can pick the tunnelers up for process.''

Cobra who was the navigator nodded and shot two flares in the sky. ''You do know the rules right Viv?'' then looked at Sobrik. ''Not sure if you are familiar with our rules but those who leave the sandsurfer buy a round of drinks. You kindof hopped off twice.'' he said with a grin.

Vivian shrugged. ''Can't be helped.'' Vivian said with a chuckle and looed at Yashana again. ''need a lift?'' she asked. Not immediatly spotting any kind of transport or companions that could have belonged to the human.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal