Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I Swear I'm Not a Criminal. Really. [m]  (Read 17356 times)

Offline Draconian

Re: I Swear I'm Not a Criminal. Really. [Lion!]
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2015, 08:06:31 pm »
Kit reacted violently to the nudge. Not to Trevan, but just the movement. Her hands jerked away and for a brief moment the glow was intense, wincing she moved to sit up.

"Yeah, just... Everything hurts," Kit took a breath after calming down, hands still shaking. Looking down at herself, the little splatters of blood. Yeah, she did need a second one. A look towards the bathroom and then down at herself, plucking at the shirt. "I guess once the adrenaline wore off my brain decided to hit me with the dragon-thing," An attempt at a smile and Kit slowly stood up, rolling her shoulders.

That could turn her into an adrenaline junkie for sure.

Maybe she should go scale a wall.

They would have to be washed anyway, Kit thought, looking down at the clothing before she pulled off the top, too tired and in pain to care about being naked. Not that she'd normally care anyway. Seeing someone else naked was more embarrassing than anyone seeing what she had on display.

The boxers followed quickly after and rudely leaving the clothing in a pile on the floor, Kit made her way to the shower, turning it on before she went and sat on the bottom. Didn't even bother to close the door. Where Trevan had a cold shower, Kit had a hot one and she lazily washed the blood away that got on her, running her fingers through her hair and before long she was laying in the fetal position at the bottom of the shower while the lights dimmed then brightened periodically.

Offline Lion

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2015, 08:13:09 pm »
Trevan had the courtesy of putting the bloody clothes she wore into the washer too and he went about running it.  He was shaking, and he hated that they were.  Carefully, he took his time in cleaning his weapons, his backpack and dressing in soft pajamas.  He had some sweatpants left over, with another tank and laid them out for her.

"Kit...Kit, you should have some wine.  The alcohol might help stave off the pain...numb you a bit?" he offered.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2015, 08:21:35 pm »
Finally when Kit pried herself off the shower floor, she was red from the hot water but a little less tense. Though the occasional twitch sent her spine tingling and she winced and grimaced before pulling on the sweatpants and after quickly toweling off her hair so it wouldn't drip on everything she walked into the kitchen after pulling on the tank top.

What a night.

"Can't say I've tried that yet," Kit said with a smirk before taking a seat and resting her head on her hand, grimacing with each pulse of pain. They made her muscles tense and she rolled her shoulders every now and then in lame attempts to stave off the pain.

"Sounds good. Load me up with wine, maybe it'll help me sleep." Pushing her damp hair from her shoulders, Kit's glow pulsed with her pain. When it was worse, she was brighter and when the pain ebbed away she dimmed down. "Are you going to have some too or stick to water?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2015, 08:30:19 pm »
Trevan smiled, glad he had her attention on something that didn't include painful throes and the murder of drug dealers.

He took out the wine he'd bought from the bar, glad he did so in the first place.  He took two glasses and poured them.  None of them were fancy wine glasses, just simple receptacles to hold the liquid and transfer to their bodies as efficiently as possible.

"I'll have some too.  It's better not to drink alone, makes you less of an alcoholic.  It's true, I read it in a magazine, so clearly there was hard research on it," he said, smirking and watching her movements with care.  "Here.  Cheers?  Not sure if that's called for."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2015, 08:35:34 pm »
"Cheers!" Kit replied, paused before she grimaced and pursed her lips, "Cheers to... Wine."

A smirk after she swallowed a mouthful. Alcohol had always done a good job on Kit, mostly the reason why she stayed away from it. Coffee was one thing, alcohol made her feel funny. That was okay though, once the first glass was down - possibly too quickly - she stretched her arms back and thrust her chest forward.

Though the muscle spasm that immediately followed had her recoil and hiss in pain.

"I don't suggest ever getting an older model for a dragon," Kit pouted at Trevan, "They do weird shit to you like... Like... put metal things in you," A glare down at her arm and poked at one of the ports, shaking her empty glass she smiled, "Kind Fair Sir Trevan, may I have some more?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2015, 08:39:26 pm »
He laughed, a genuine one despite what they'd just gone through together.  They made a pretty good team, she and him.  Even good drinking buddies, Trevan never really had one of those.

Not that he had any good reason to do so.

He tipped his glass back, savoring the flavor and pouring her another glass.  "Why yes you may, my friend," he said, beaming.  "Careful though, I don't wanna clean puke up off my floor."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2015, 08:46:07 pm »
Kit decided she quite liked his laugh.

A bright smile and she nodded at him, giving him a mock glare at the declaration of not wanting to clean up her puke. Kit took another sip of wine before she looked down at the ground.

"Nah, I won't puke. Maybe in the morning but I'll aim for the Not Floor. " The Not Floor being in the bathroom somewhere or the general direction in which she waved her hand at.  Resting her head in her hand, she took another gulp of wine and looked down at the table.

"I still feel really guilty about not being able to pay you for... For anything." The guilt was relayed in her voice, the puppy look she gave to Trevan when she looked up at him through her hair. A heavy sigh and she quickly finished off that glass of wine, pushing it aside for the time being, waiting for everything to settle. "How did a nice guy like you end up... With the thing?" She moved her hand over her mouth to mime a mask and let it flop back onto the table.

Offline Lion

« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2015, 09:03:10 pm »
"Maybe saving my life was payment enough," he said.  He sighed, shaking his head.  He didn't want to talk about it, but the situation sort of brought itself up.

"I...uh," he paused, considering his answer for a moment.

"I uh, came from a not so good upbringing.  I'm not trying to tell my life story, I know, but my mom was a secretary of some corporate big shot's and they had a baby - me - but she was also the girlfriend of a not so good guy...  Like one of those guys we just iced.

"They were iced...both of 'em.  I, uh, never got the chance to settle the score...  Bastards like him are the undercurrent of this city...of many cities just like Haviah...I dunno...maybe I have a death wish.  Maybe I think I'm trying to do something good.  I don't really have any answers.  Nothing solid anyway."

He took a deep drink of the wine and refilled his own glass.  There was still plenty left in the bottle.  And for once he actually felt lie getting drunk.  "The mask...was just something I found.  Is it spooky?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2015, 09:13:08 pm »
There were gracious eloquent words for this situation.

Something deep and meaningful that would be able to express just how bad she felt for the Trevan as a child. Kit poured herself a third glass of wine, took a sip of it before sighing.

"That's shitty news, Bro."  Eh, not quite what she was looking for, but it would do. Even her candidacy hadn't quite been that bad, Kit guessed, looking thoughtful for a moment before she looked at his face and imagined the mask.

"I'm sure it's plenty spooky for someone who's not psychic and didn't make their living being plugged into a dragon," Kit gave him a shit eating grin before she winced and pressed the palm of her hand to her temple, she supposed she deserved that. Giving her lips a lick she reached forward to press her hand over Trevan's, giving it a light squeeze. "You're stupid. Brave. Very brave, but stupid."

A small smile and Kit rubbed at her chest for a moment before leaning back in her chair, looking up at the ceiling. "So... Mechanic by day, Super Hero by night?" Kit sat back up, eyed what she could see of him up and down and licked her lips thoughtfully, "You're good for someone who's never been trained. Have you? Been trained? Or are you all self -taught?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2015, 09:30:54 pm »
"Very stupid and very...just more stupid," he said agreeing and perhaps a bit drunkenly too.  He laughed and gestured to the couch.  Moving over to the first seat, he plopped down and settled the bottle there.  He was exhausted and could sleep for days.  Thankfully the next day was the last one of the week and he could hopefully enjoy a few days off.

Either that or Karim would promise more 'free' work to some friend and he'd have to work overtime.  Fucker.

"Just...practiced myself I guess.  I wouldn't call myself a professional, but I do what I can to survive," he said, looking over to her and feeling his eyelids go half-lidded.  "My mechanic's expertise come in handy when it comes to modifying my equipment.  That saw blade you saw...I made that myself.  The bat is just a simple handy weapon that's good for popping skulls.  As you saw."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2015, 09:44:07 pm »
Just more stupid.

Weren't they all.

Kit followed him to the couch, the alcohol having helped divert whatever left over brain power she had to making her deliciously buzzed. Taking a seat beside Trevan, she leaned slightly so the side and forward, her head falling forward to briefly display the ports that lined down her spine and the back of her neck.

"That is some cool stuff you got there," She confirmed, resting her elbow on her knee and her head on her hand. "Impressive. You're a talented man, I hope they never catch you... Though you seem to be doing a good job so far." Kit reached with her free hand to give his knee a pat before she took the bottle of wine and frowned at her glass, which she'd left on the table. A wrinkle of her nose and she put the bottle back down.

She'd fill her glass up again.

In a minute.

"Fuck. What a day. What a life." Kit gave a humorless laugh, shaking her head, "No amount of money or fame will ever make living your life for someone else worth it," She said solemnly, "so... There's some words of wisdom for you."

Offline Lion

« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2015, 09:59:59 pm »
"Spoken truth at that!"  Trevan raised his glass again and drank only part of it before offering her the rest.  Motor skills were beginning to fall from their peak,and he stumbled toward the table to retrieve hers.  And when he came back, he stumbled over the top of the couch and landed head first on the cushion.
He laughed, working hard to right himself.

"Oh, god...this is some pretty strong wine....  I...Haven't gotten drunk in a really long time.  I didn't spill anything on ya did I?"

He sobered just enough and filled her empty glass, which now became his.

"So, how long have you been running?  I mean...was all ...this...very recent?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2015, 10:10:58 pm »
A shrug.

"Wouldn't bother me none, they're your clothes," she pointed out finishing his glass of wine while helping him right himself. Or at least helping him sit on his butt instead of his side or back. Kit filled his glass - her glass? whose was this? and took a sip, looking over at him with a quiet thoughtful look.

Then she shrugged.

"A few weeks maybe? I don't really remember, once I got down here the days sort of all blend together 'cause the sun is so far a-fuckin'-way." Kit sneered to the window before she shook her head, "I guess... Not long. Recent. Can probably find news of me one way or another." A small fleeting smile, "I wasn't a hot shot Pilot. I kept my head down, minded my own business, Ixt probably came up with something and I'm officially dead."  She flexed the hand that used to have the chip in it, "Fuckin hurt getting that thing out."

Pushing her hands through her hair, Kit took another drink and leaned against Trevan, her head resting on his shoulder. Inhibitions were gone and her head felt heavy. "Now I'm nobody and I have nothing except a really weird addiction and a shitty bike."

Offline Lion

« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2015, 10:26:41 pm »
"I guess you're not completely unfortunate," Trevan admitted tiredly.  He felt sleepy himself and slumped back against the couch.  He closed his eyes, setting the glass on the table and getting comfortable.  He began to fall asleep.  "I mean...ya found me...  You could be dead...  But maybe death is better, I dunno."

And fell asleep.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2015, 10:30:48 pm »
Kit frowned at her giving new friend for a moment, gave his leg a shove.

Yup. Asleep.

Heaving a breath, Kit looked him over and licked her lips, rolled her shoulders. It would be easy to pick him up and carry him to his bedroom. Nothing she'd never done before - except it was - and instead of doing that she simply put her own glass down and followed suit. Though instead of slumping against the couch she pressed her head to his thigh and used that as a pillow.

Just as quickly, Kit was asleep too on her new Friend Pillow, face pressed into his stomach and eventually her arms wrapped up around his torso.

What a day.

What a night.

Offline Lion

« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2015, 10:59:21 pm »
And when Trevan woke up, he did so with a jerk and abruptly yelped.  Yup, it was morning.  And yup he was hung over, and yup his neck and body was all twisted up. What a night indeed.

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuch," he griped, rubbing his skull and trying to slowly crack out the stiffness in his joints.  "Ow!  Fuck.  How much did I drink last night?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2015, 11:08:39 pm »
Kit didn't jump when Trevan woke up. Already awake, she'd cleaned the cups, did the dishes in the sink and was mostly waiting for Trevan to wake up so she could feel not-so-awkward in his kitchen. Though cleaning up was the least she could do at the moment.

"I hope you don't mind," Kit said, her voice soft, "I helped myself to your kitchen," Placing a cup of coffee in front of him on the little table, she sat down with her own and looked at him from the side.

"Half a bottle of wine, by the way." Leaning back on the couch she took a sip of the black coffee in her cup and crossed her legs at the knee, "How's the head? That bad?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2015, 11:21:46 pm »
She did him a bigger favor than she knew.  Trevan stared at the hot cup of coffee in front of him and despite himself, a smile spread across his face.   "Uh...no.  Thanks.  I mean it.  I hate making coffee after a hangover.  But if I make it the night before, it gets like a burnt taste," he said, taking the coffee and sipping it slowly.

It was surprisingly just how he liked it.  Luckily things never got too light around here.

"My head'll be fine," he murmured.  "Although, I didn't expect the wine to have quite that effect.  Hangovers are not my favorite thing."  He laughed a little and immediately winced.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2015, 11:38:40 pm »
Kit shrugged and pushed a hand through her hair, looking at the wall ahead. It nagged at her. She'd had a routine since she was fourteen, wake up at the crack of dawn, train, try not to get TRIM'd. Now... She just woke up at the crack of dawn.

Tried to live.

It sort of sucked.

"No one likes a hangover, want some toast?" Kit smiled before she reached over and passed a hand through his hair. It was an unconscious movement, an attempt at being soothing but as soon as she realized she did it she snapped her hand back.

Offline Lion

« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2015, 11:40:27 pm »
Yeah, that was weird.

Trevan blinked at her and just smiled.  "What was that for?" he asked.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal