Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I Swear I'm Not a Criminal. Really. [m]  (Read 17345 times)

Offline Draconian

Re: I Swear I'm Not a Criminal. Really. [Lion!]
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2015, 11:59:10 pm »
Rushing forward, she grabbed his arm and held steady. Grip tight.

"I can help you," though once the words were out of her mouth she let go of his arm, took a few steps back. Hands up. He had a weapon and she did not and while she knew she could probably hold her own against him, Kit wasn't exactly keen on trying or finding that out.

"Did you forget what I am?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2015, 12:29:02 am »
"I didn't.  But why would you want more trouble?" he hissed in a harsh whisper. 

Offline Draconian

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2015, 12:32:24 am »
Kit frowned, looking around.

"Same reason you do," She hissed back, looking him up and down.

"There will only be more trouble if they any of them get away anyway." A tilt of her head, a single eyebrow rose, challenging him.

"It's a shitty neighbor hood, maybe it'll be a bit less with some scum gone." Kit moved closer again, examining him, watching. What a curious man. "I can help."

Offline Lion

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2015, 01:02:25 am »
Trevan remained still, listening to her, waiting to see if she was going to take matters into her own hands.  And she just might.  Trevan pulled the bloodied bat from his pack and handed it to her.  "Cover your face.  I don't have another mask," he whispered. 

He gestured to the drapes.  "Quickly."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2015, 01:08:32 am »
Cover her face?

Kit looked at him confused for a second.

Oh, right. Disguise.

Kit looked over to the drapes and quickly ripped them down. A bit of a psychic knife to her pull and she came away with a chunk that she tied around the lower half of her face. Another chunk of material was draped over her left arm to hide the tattoo - a very defining feature. Taking up the bat and looking at it, she cast another glance at Trevan and gave a small shake of her head.

This wasn't what she was expecting from that seemingly gentle person that made her a sandwich and coffee a few hours ago.

The tingling climbed up her spine but she simply rolled her shoulders and propped the bat up, tilting her head.

"Let's bust some heads then," Her voice was muffled by the cloth and she shook her head. A few months ago this would have been a routine mission if the dragons were feeling giving and generous. "Lead the way, I've never been in command before."

Offline Lion

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2015, 01:17:03 am »
Trevan didn't like this.

All of it spelled trouble.  Certainly on his own, it decreased his chances of getting caught.  But with another to tag along, even with an ex-Pilot, he could feel the anxiety in his gut perk up.  He took a breath before opening the door and entering the hallway.

He gauged the area.  He didn't have any psychic powers to feel out any forms of life, or read their thoughts, but he could listen, and listen he did when he turned into another room, and found three men.  "What the fuck!?" one of them cried, quickly rushing forward.

Trevan pressed the trigger, the chain whirring once again, and Trevan slashed the blade across his collarbone, slashing across the man's neck, and severing his head from the rest of his body.  The others were already up, one trying to reach for a gun underneath the couch, and the second throwing a table up at Trev.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2015, 01:29:10 am »
Kit could feel the anxiety radiating off of him. His body language. A small part of her felt guilty, knowing that him being worried now was her fault. The other part didn't feel so bad. She could help. Maybe this wasn't what he wanted as payment but Kit could provide help. In some manner or another.

There was a moment of distraction when his strange chainblade knife-sword started up and she wondered for a moment if he got the idea for that from a game.

Then she spotted the gun.

It was up and ready to be shot, but Kit was just that much faster. A blinding flash of light went off around the room and what was going to be a new thigh-hole for Trevan ended up being a harmless bullet hole in one of the couches. A well trained weapon, Kit quickly went over to the man with the gun, a simple hand movement - more for her benefit - he gave a startled gasp and looked around, swinging his arms violently before she kicked the gun from his hand, wrapped her arms around his neck and twisted.

The man crumpled to the ground. Dead.

Every other way was too much blood. Too violent.

"Wolfmaw? You okay? You better not call me Drapeface."

Offline Lion

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2015, 01:42:59 am »
Trevan had dealt with the second man, beating in his head in and stomping on his chest.  He had to make sure he was dead.  The neck was an easy fixer of that dilemma.

He watched her from the corner of his eye.  Maybe she was useful after all.

"Howler," he corrected.  "Let's get moving."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2015, 01:49:29 am »
"Howler," Kit confirmed, eyeing him up and down.

At least he looked okay.

Very messy though.

Kit made a point of stepping over the slowly growing pool of blood and she nodded her agreement.

"There's..." Kit stared ahead, eyes unfocused for a moment, "Five people nearby." Another pause, "Pretty sure one's a hooker. So... Three, two of them are busy." Moving forward after clearing the pool of blood, Kit stopped short of leaving the room and looked over her shoulder at him.

This was his thing. Kit was just a tag along. "Lead the way, Boss."

Offline Lion

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2015, 02:17:19 am »
True, Trevan didn't like the way she addressed him, but he didn't want to talk.  He jumped forward and moved quietly and as quickly as he could.

One opened the door and came through, carrying a case of product, white dust that he gave a lick to as he passed by the door.  Trevan grabbed his head and pulled him back, holding his neck and firmly until the man grew still.

A quick blade across his throat and he as finished.  He looked up to Kit.  "Any movements?"

He got to his feet, saw sword at the ready.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2015, 02:33:27 am »
So messy.

This was his rodeo and Kit remained quiet.

Kit pointed to a closed door at the end of the hall and simulated a lewd motion with her hand, then another door and gave a nod. If he didn't want her talking he'd get make-shift hand signals - she was assuming he didn't know her kind.

She's never been the best at ad-libbing.

"Don't panic," Kit whispered before she took a quick breath and the lights in the building went out, though she extended her vision to Trevan, so he'd be able to see in the dark too. The surprise and anger from the four remaining people at the lights going off echoed through the doors and Kit got the bat ready.

When this was all done she'd need another shower.

Offline Lion

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2015, 10:43:55 am »
The darkness was a blessing.  And when all that could be heard in that drug den was the sound of bones breaking and blood squirting.

Trevan was panting in his mask by the end of it, but he still didn't take it off.  The hooker was too drugged up to realize what was happening.  He was not interested in her, and she would be all that remained of that den that night.  The drugs were flushed down the toilet, and their equipment destroyed.

Trevan left through the open window again, scaling down with ease and only took his mask off when they were free of prying eyes.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2015, 11:41:55 am »
Kit followed him closely, staying back when he went on his little rampage and held tight to the baseball bat. This was intense in a bad weird way. Did this guy have issues? Some hero complex? Kit stared at the back of his head when they were finally outside, ripping off the fabric that covered her face and tattoo.

Many questions filtered through her head.

Still, a shiver ran up her spine and she followed him closely enough. Hands free after the baseball bat had been returned to his backpack.

"Can't say I expected that. I thought you were just going out to score a little ass." Kit finally blurted out on the way back, voice quiet, faint enough to be missed by the ears everywhere.

Offline Lion

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2015, 11:52:27 am »
Trevan didn't speak.  He didn't even acknowledge that she was behind him when he finally returned to his apartment.  He let out a heavy sigh.

"Why did you help?" was his only question.  He opened the door and quietly closed it behind him.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2015, 11:56:33 am »
"Why?"

Kit looked around, spread her arms to encompass 'everything' around her.

"I helped make this. I was... I was at the top of the food chain. I could have helped stop this. Kept people like you safe. People... People like that hooker safe but..." Kit dropped her arms and moved to hold her arm in front of herself, fingers gripping her pants.

"I dunno. All the hard work I put into become some broken human weapon should go to some use." Kit looked up at Trevan for a moment before she looked back down at the ground, "Why not here? Why not... No one else is going to fix it, so I helped you do it."

Offline Lion

« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2015, 12:02:54 pm »
She didn't know him.  Not like that anyway.  But what she said pulled at something.  Trevan turned away and walked toward the bathroom.  He looked at himself in the mirror.

"I don't know if what I'm doing is doing anything," he admitted.  "But what the hell else can I do?  I'm a nobody.  Maybe that's why I do it.  I don't  have anything to lose."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2015, 12:10:34 pm »
Kit's hands were trembling while she stared down at them. The scar on her palm, the gouge at her wrist. The callouses. Haviah was her home, right? Squeezing her hands into fists she followed him to stand at the door, looking at his reflection in the mirror.

"Even the tiniest ripples can eventually be waves," Kit stated before she tried to smile at him, "You have more to lose than I do. I don't even exist anymore. I'm sorry for following you, Trev, I don't even know why I did it. Habit, I guess."

Offline Lion

« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2015, 12:24:51 pm »
"It's all right.  Although I guess we both know our secrets now."  He gave her a smirk before undressing and stepping in to the shower. He didn't care that she was still standing there.  And the cold water was refreshing against his skin after the heat of adrenaline.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2015, 12:46:30 pm »
The staring was unintentional.

No, really it was.

"uuuuuh, I'm sorry!"

Kit stared before a hot flush climbed up her neck and she quickly stared down at the ground and shut the door. The adrenaline in her own veins was slowly ebbing away and the tingling came back with full force. It made her knees weak and Kit squeezed her eyes shut, pressing a hand to her forehead.

There it was.

At least she knew that adrenaline kept whatever it was at bay.

That was good to know.

Kit removed the jeans again, uncomfortable things that they were, and curled up in a fetal position on the couch, covering her face with her hands. The glow she was emitting was dim -not noticeable if there was a light over head - but in the dark, Kit became a little nightlight. A shiver and deep even breathing.

The sound of the shower was nice to focus on and Kit just listened to it while she laid there and pain radiated down her spine.

Offline Lion

« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2015, 07:47:10 pm »
He just smirked when she just closed the door in haste.  He chuckled and washed up, taking his time about it.  The bloody remnants pooled around his feet, falling into the drain.  It was always messy business, even when he tried to be most careful...  But his weapons were designed to be more efficient, and quieter than guns. 

He moved to clean out a cut on his arm.  An accident, from a knife that had been slashed out in the dark.  He just about finished and wrapped a towel around his waist, taking his clothes to the washer and throwing it in there.

He wandered over to Kit, where she was bundled in to a ball and he sat beside her.  "You need another shower," he said, nudging her shoulder.  "You...you okay?  You're trembling."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal