Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I Swear I'm Not a Criminal. Really. [m]  (Read 17170 times)

Offline Draconian

Re: I Swear I'm Not a Criminal. Really. [Lion!]
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2015, 04:10:55 pm »
Kit just watched.

"Black, please. " With no pockets to shove her hands into she kept arms wrapped around her middle, looking around anxiously, waiting for something to pop out of from behind a door and eat her. Kit missed being able to relax. It hadn't been a long time since her dragon got her out of immediate trouble, but it was always lingering at the back of her mind.

Just needed to get out.

"I really don't," Kit gave a humourless laugh, pushing her hand through her hair and staring at the plate he'd put down in front of her. It was just a sandwich, sure, but it was so freely given and she had to swallow back tears at her situation. What a life she led now. After swallowing back her feelings - it was easier to be stoic and not feel - she looked up at him and offered him another kind smile. Her hand awkwardly followed the tattoo long her arm while she tried to think of the right words.

"I'm probably the safest Not Pilot you'll ever meet, uhm... Tonight. While you sleep. If you wake up and hear any strange noises... It's just me. Okay?" her hand went to the metal bit at her elbow before she sighed, reached for the sandwich and took a small bite.

Offline Lion

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2015, 04:17:00 pm »
Her black coffee followed her sandwich and he set them both on the counter.  There were stools to sit down.  He made enough credits to not live in complete squalor, and that was always nice.  Trevan sat down and invited her to do the same, taking a bite of his sandwich and tried not to make it so obvious he was enjoying it.

He made a face, blinking at her.  "Strange noises?"  He raised a brow, and a teasing smile graced his lips.  "Do you bay at the moon in the dark of night?  Or...you just get antsy when it's dark?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2015, 04:25:25 pm »
Kit sat at one of the stools, placing her old clothing on her lap and taking a deep drink of coffee to wash down the bite of sandwich. A brief glance out the window and she just kind of smiled at him.

"I'd need to see the moon to howl at it," was her reply before she looked away and rubbed at the back of her head again. Fingers drifting over the bit of metal there.

"A side effect of having a dragon is you can get addicted to it. Mine was an older model," She motioned to the metal bit in her arm and the scar of where one used to be in the other. "I'm addicted to the connection with my dragon and... Sometimes it rears it's ugly head..." Another sip of coffee and a small bite of her sandwich, "I'm just... Giving you a warning. I think it might happen tonight, the ones on my back are all tingly. Most you'd get to help me with is... Watch me glow." A small smirk and a shrug, "I'll try to be quiet."

Offline Lion

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2015, 04:35:31 pm »
"So what kind of a ruckus are we talking here?" he asked, leaning on the counter and looking at the fusion points on her body, at least the ones he could see anyway.

Those metal bits now were a focus of conversation, she brought it up.  "Like screaming?  Tearing up my apartment?  I've dealt with addicts before.  Although I imagine none of the level of your kind.  But when the cravings hit, they hit you like a ton of bricks, yeah?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2015, 04:50:46 pm »
Kit looked at him, full of guilt.

How could she even explain it?

"It just... Hurts," Kit shrugged, "Generally I curl up in a ball and try not to cry. Any lights you have on may go weird but... Just... It hurts." Green eyes flicked to the door and she looked down at her sweater, fingers trailing over the fabric before she began to chew on her lower lip.

"There won't be screaming and I won't tear up your apartment. I may not officially be a Pilot anymore but all that training still counts. Candidates who break from pain and cater to their impulses don't get very far." Kit nervously ate her sandwich, giving Trevan little glances between bites and sips of coffee. Maybe trying to warn him had been a bad idea.

"The coffee is wonderful," She murmured, giving him a genuine smile, "Thank you. Again."

Offline Lion

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2015, 05:07:49 pm »
It was a lot to take in, admittedly.

Trevan stared at her again, as he had done before.  Sure this was probably a bad idea.  She'd warned him at first, was eager to be on her way, and he'd insisted on having her come along to begin with.  But he understood, and only nodded at her warning.

His plate was just about clean and he finished his coffee and tossed it into the sink.  "It's all right, Kit Christopher," he said, exaggerating on her name.  "We all have...things, I guess, that make us tick and mull over old stuff.  I'll just stay out of your way if it happens."

Trevan left for a moment to pull out a pillow from his own bed and an spare blanket and went over to the sofa, throwing them over the cushions and tucking them in to make a cover and having a part of it wrapped over the top.  He plopped the pillow down.  "It's...it's no trouble really.  I don't have company all the time, but the place is clean, no bugs.  And make yourself comfortable.  You know where the facilities are."

He smiled and almost saluted, but stopped himself in time.  He remembered he still had some things in his work room, his saw sword that needed tending too, and perhaps it was best to tuck it away in case she wandered a little.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2015, 05:22:46 pm »
It was a good thing she warned him, Kit decided, the tingling was getting worse and before long she knew it would be a throbbing pain. At least it only ever lasted a few hours. A silver lining to a terrible gloomy cloud. There was little for her to do but stand back while Trevan made the make-shift bed on the couch and Kit said nothing, just held her hands in front of herself. The clean plate and cup were placed with his in the sink.

With little ceremony, Kit smiled down at the couch - it was a far better sleeping place than leaning against her bike - and promptly removed the jeans. The tattoo on her left arm had a cousin going from her hip down to her ankle and she stood there in Trevan's tank top and a spare pair of boxers, holding his pants and looking at the couch. It sucked that this was probably the best day she'd had in a long time. 

"Zyanensé." Kit supplied, looking away. She supposed if she was going to get caught, it might as well because this nice person turned her in. "Christopher Zyanensé. Pilot Echo. Wanted on one count of defection and suspicion of being a Gospel." Would they send her to TRIM, she wondered or just execute her on the spot? Make an example of her.

"If I do anything you don't like... Feel free to turn me in." Then she made way to the couch, intending to get at least a little sleep before the pain set in.

Offline Lion

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2015, 05:30:51 pm »
Whoa.

Yes, he was staring.  And he was hard pressed not to make it so obvious, but it was obviously obvious.  He was staring.  Because her body was pretty damn fit, and the tattoos weren't bad to look at either.  All those plugs were so odd.

He couldn't his curiosity.  He wanted to touch one, examine it and see what kind of plug exactly went in them.

"I won't turn you in," he said, nodding slowly....  He had his own reasons to avoid the law.  "You have a good night.  I'll check on your bike in a few hours."  He smiled and folded the jeans beside her.  Taking the excess of the blanket and throwing it over her, Trevan sat beside her for a moment.

"Gospel?  ...I don't think I've ever heard of that."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2015, 05:48:32 pm »
A surprised noise, almost a laugh when he threw the blanket over her. Though quickly enough she sat up and looked at him, examining his features.

"Gospels. They're Pilots who..." Kit pulled a face, while she'd been aware that something was going on, she'd never had direct contact with a Gospel. Had never been concerned about them until her dragon woke her frantically, telling her to get out, get her chip removed. Now.

Pressing a hand to her chest before gave a shrug, "They're anti-dragon. Terrorists. If they can fuck up a mission without getting caught they will. They're strong though. Strong enough to not get caught. Which is why they make an example of the ones they do catch." Kit drew her knees up, wrapping her arms around them, "I'm not a Gospel. I just... I just wanted to make the best of the life I had."

A sad smile was shot to Trevan and Kit closed her eyes before she sighed and eyed him and smiled slightly. 

"Did you want to touch one? You've been staring at them."

Offline Lion

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2015, 06:55:55 pm »
Whoa.  Anti-dragon.  Which pretty much meant anti-government right?  It was a lot to wrap his head around.  Most of his life had been the focus of just trying to get by, to survive long enough and keep his head low.  This was a whole other league altogether.

"Huh!?" Oh right, he'd been staring.  And the fact that she offered was a little concerning, but it was better than trying to make it look like an accident.  That was always weird.  He reached forward and glanced along the one on her elbow.

"I hear Pilots can't live without their dragons.  Is that true?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2015, 07:22:36 pm »
Kit extended her right arm, pressing her finger to the little metal bit at the inside of her elbow. Her thumb brushed over it and she frowned at it for a moment.

"I sure hope they can," was her reply before she gave a shrug, "Honestly I don't know. I guess I'll find out. So far it's just a lot of pain. And... Y'know. Shitty life." Kit said, lowered her head and holding out her arm for Trevan to examine - if he wanted to.

"I'm lucky to be in this situation." Even more lucky to have met someone so... Oddly out of place in Haviah.

Offline Lion

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2015, 07:27:19 pm »
"Maybe," was all he could say before he his fingers glided on the small metal circle.  He didn't want to be any nosier than he had to.  And perhaps now was a good time for both of them to get some shut eye.

Or at least one of them anyway.  "That's intense," he breathed, getting up and moving toward his bedroom.

"You ought to get some rest then.  See ya in the morning," he said, nodding and waving.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2015, 08:05:37 pm »
Kit never noticed how weird it felt for other people to touch them. The feeling had her want to snap her arm away but she let him examine it. He was curious and a mechanic. Maybe it'd be interesting for him on some weird level.

A small nod and Kit laid down, resting her head on the pillow and pulling the blanket up over herself. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep, exhausted as she was.

Offline Lion

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2015, 08:37:59 pm »
Sleep didn't come easy to Trev.  He tossed and turned, and threw the blankets off him when the room got too hot.  He needed to get out...  He went to his window, staring out into the dump he'd called home.  It wasn't really home, he didn't like it here in the sense that it was somewhere he'd put his heart and soul into. 

A man was calling out into the street, calling out for anyone to give him a few credits for a blowjob.  Trevan wanted to laugh at the drug-addled idiot.

It was exemplary of everything wrong with this city..of this country.  Trevan closed his window and locked it.  He got dressed.  Simple clothes, quiet shoes, and found the mask...  The wolf stared back at him.  He never liked staring at it for long and instead stuffed it into his backpack.

He quietly stepped out into his work room, putting the saw sword into his pack as well.  And making a silent exit from the apartment.  There was a drug den a few blocks from the bar...

Offline Draconian

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2015, 09:56:11 pm »
Kit's eyes snapped open easily enough, though she didn't move. Didn't let on that she was awake. When the apartment door closed she rolled from the bed and quickly enough pulled the jeans back on, slipped her feet into her shoes and was following after her gracious patron.

What was he up to?

Licking her lips she kept her footsteps quiet. Years of training at work while she followed him. Was he off to sell her out? Off to sell her? Kit stayed far enough behind him to not raise suspicion but close enough to not lose him.

A chill ran through her and she'd wished she'd brought her sweater. No bra and just a tank top didn't exactly make for a warm top but it was too late to go back and Kit probably couldn't get back in anyway unless she scaled the building.

For now she would wait. Patiently.

For now.

Offline Lion

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2015, 10:31:51 pm »
Trevan kept walking, quickly but casually, down the few blocks, unaware of Kit tailing him.  Even fewer people were on the streets now, the bums either asleep or dead from hunger and cold.  Trevan paid them no heed, turning quickly down an alleyway and finding himself deep in a myriad of alleys interconnecting.

He looked up at the fire escape above and began to scale it, pulling himself up with ease and standing on the outside rail.  When he was close enough, he jumped and leapt onto an opposing railing, vaulting himself up and looking around for an open window.

And there was one just off the edge of one fire escape beside a pipe screwed to the outside.  "Too easy," he whispered to himself and climbed higher.  When he was high enough he made a running leap for the rainpipe, and clamped onto the bolts, inching towards the ledge. With one shoe on the ledge and another against one of the pipe fittings, he pulled out his mask.  The wolf head slipped on with ease, and he slipped inside.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2015, 10:46:11 pm »
Kit watched the display and was impressed.

Normally she'd have started to pursue him. No one had skills like that for a good reason. Now though. Now she could appreciate them. Could appreciate that she could do that. Once he'd pulled on a mask - mask? - and slipped inside the building she followed suit. Though she waited at the fire escape. Waiting for trouble.

Was he going to murder someone?

Kit folded one arm under her breasts and rested her elbow on her hand, nervously pulling at her lip while she waited for any sigh of trouble.

But who would be in trouble?

The mask made her suspicious and quickly enough she dimmed the lights surrounding the building and where she was. Surveillance camera's were everywhere but they couldn't record what they couldn't see. At the first sign of trouble, Kit was at the window Trevan had slipped into, crouching on the ledge, peering in from the darkness outside.

Offline Lion

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2015, 11:15:13 pm »
[I'm assuming she just dimmed the lights outside]

The lights flickered a bit and Trev could hear voices in the next room, complaining about ultimately ddy power in this district, and worrying about whether one man paid the bill.

"You moron.  Go check the fucking light in there.  You were last in the room!  Shut the fucking light off!"  Gruntled protests emerged, but ultimately, the man came into the room and reached for the lamp he'd left on.  But when he turned around Trevan was on him, meeting his head with the hard end of a bat.  He went down hard, making a muffled noise and Trevan whacked him again, splitting his skull.

Here was a gun under his belt, one that Trevan took and dismantled.  "Hey, Ronny the light's still fucking on!"

At no response another got up, coming this way.  But Trev was ready, switching from his bat to the saw sword, and the soft whirring of the chain blade rang out met flesh, slicing the second man across the chest.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2015, 11:31:15 pm »
[You assumed correctly!]

"Wow."

Kit had gotten to the window in time to see Trevan use his strange contraption and use it to cut down a man. The dismantled gun was a curiosity to her and she took a careful step into the room, blinking at the one dead man, then at the other one. Who, not dead yet, was gravely wounded and soon would be.

"Light's still on," Kit said softly before she watched Trevan and they dimmed, setting a soft glow before she moved over to the wall and flicked the switch, turning it completely off.

"You a vigilante there, Wolfmaw?" Kit asked softly, looking at his mask before she looked at his weapon and the man dying on the floor. Kneeling down, she placed her hand over his eyes and closed her own. The body went still and she stood up, wiping her hand on her... The jeans she was wearing. "You know scaling up buildings is suspicious."

Offline Lion

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2015, 11:49:36 pm »
Trevan felt the hackles on his neck stand on end as he heard Kit's voice behind him.  He jerked around, before he could finish off his prey.  But they would bleed out soon enough.  He stepped away, several steps back and just stared at her.

She saw him.  His alarm threatened to turn on the saw sword, the chain had stopped its whirring when his hand released pressure on the trigger.

"You need to get out of here," he said, not risking taking off his mask, though he knew she was aware it was him.  "Go back, now!  There are more in this place!"

He turned back and went for the door that was out in the hallway. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal