Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I Swear I'm Not a Criminal. Really. [m]  (Read 17472 times)

Offline Draconian

Re: I Swear I'm Not a Criminal. Really. [Lion!]
« Reply #180 on: October 08, 2016, 08:36:43 pm »
Kit watched him slink down onto the ground with her and she gave a wet chuckle before accepting the beer and taking a deep drink of it. "Good, I'll deliver, I hope," her voice was soft and she gave Trevan a long look, tilting her head.

She could go delving for the information, but she kept her mind to herself and simply examined her new friend. Someone who was far too kind to be living in a place like this, "Do you like men?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #181 on: October 09, 2016, 08:35:41 pm »
Her question caught him off guard.  Quite!

Trevan eyed her with wide, upshot brows.  And he smirked.  "Why? Do I give off that vibe?" he countered back, nudging her shoulder and drinking his beer absently. "And no, that's your answer.  I'm pretty sure I'm not really attracted to men. They might be attracted to me, but it really isn't reciprocated."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #182 on: October 09, 2016, 08:37:59 pm »
Kit swigged back half the beer and muffled a burp, trying to keep it as polite and ladylike as she could. She licked her lips and smirked at him, "So I'm not your type?" She nudged him again, smirking, "like your girls meek and not able to kick your ass?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #183 on: October 09, 2016, 09:03:51 pm »
He shrugged his shoulders.  "I dunno.  Honestly, I never really stopped to think about it.  It's always been just me.  My job, and my...er hobby."  Ew, it felt weird to think of what he did as a hobby.  It wasn't like he enjoyed it.  It was a necessary evil...one less scum in the world.

"I'm always doing something. There are more important things, right?  Everyone in Aedolis is blinded by a wanton pursuit of pleasure...  What would I add by being caught up in all of that?  And meek and non-ass-kicking girls are a dime a dozen.  You're cool, Kit. Really. You are."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2016, 09:24:41 pm »
Kit smirked, giving him an odd look.

"So..." she tilted her head and finished her drink before she put the empty bottle on the table. Kit shuffled down to lay on the floor, fluffing her hair and moving to touch her arm to Trevans knee. "Impotent, eh?" She nudged him with a teasing sleepy smime.

Offline Lion

« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2016, 09:45:56 pm »
Trevan slumped against the cabinets, dropping his half-finished beer on the ground, letting the base clank against the tile.  He chuckled, looking at her sidelong.  "Why are you so interested?" he asked somewhat slurred.  He wasn't drunk, but he was starting to get sleepy from it all.

He pulled a dishrag from the top of the counter and played with it idly, binding it around his left hand like a red bandage.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2016, 10:13:00 pm »
Kit snorted, giving him a sideways glance before she stretched her arms above her head on the floor. Her shirt rode up and exposed some of her belly, but the cool floor felt nice on her skin and she closed her eyes. "Well, you're housing a fugitive," she moved her hands to her face to rest over her eyes.

"You're a weird vigilante. I mean, the only way you're not having sex is if it doesnt work - which is okay, dont have to feel bad about it. Happens to lots of men." She poked his leg with her hand and then wriggled her hand towards his beer, having ever intention of stealing it.

Offline Lion

« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2016, 10:28:19 pm »
Except his hand came up first and he took the beer and drank it selfishly.  "You had your own beer."  Another loud yawn.  Trevan gave her a sleepy smile and finished his beer. 

"I don't have any trouble.  It's just not the trouble I think about is all.  I don't have many...erm, friends, I guess.  Sex never really has been on the top of my list," he admitted with a shrug.  "Besides you're the one that keeps bringing it up, like it's some front page news."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2016, 10:37:02 pm »
"Hey," Kit started, letting her hand stop groping for his drink, "Me being here is front page news." She sighed and smirked at him, "just seeing how deep down the rabbit hole you've gone." Kit rolled onto her stomach and eyed him for a moment.

"Well," she pat his leg, "let me know before you have guests over, its kinda awkward listening to people rut."

Offline Lion

« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2016, 10:43:37 pm »
"No rutting will be happening any time soon," he laughed, even snorting, drunk mostly with sleep than he was with beer.  He didn't drink a whole lot himself.

"Look, this was fun.  But I'm going to bed.  Wanna come?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2016, 05:54:00 pm »
Kit snorted and rolled her shoulders, eyes falling closed before and she gave a slow weary nod.

"Help me up?" She whispered, lifting her hands up towards Trev, wiggling her fingers with her wrists limp.

Offline Lion

« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2016, 11:18:43 pm »
Trevan leaned down and gently gripped her wrists, helped her to her feet. He was beat, and after getting his ass kicked, he felt like he could sleep for a week.

"Okay, up and at 'em," he murmured, throwing an arm over her shoulder and heading into his room. He took his shoes off and kicked them aside before throwing himself on the bed and weakly trying to pull the blankets out from beneath him. He crawled into their warmth before rolling the pillow under his head.  "I think I need a new mattress...the cushions wearing thin."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2017, 05:00:59 pm »
Kit barked out a laugh, letting herself be pulled up - though he head lolled back and her legs felt noodle-y. Leaning heavily on Trevan, Kit let him flop onto his bed and she flopped down beside him after he figured out his cover situation - Though she remained on top of them. "Your mattress is shit," she confirmed, curling up into a ball facing away, shirt riding up, the metal bits along her spine on display and along the back of her neck.

The one useful thing she'd taken away from Pilot training was the ability to fall asleep quickly, and after her little quip and finding herself mostly comfortable, she was passed out. Breathing soft and even, not giving away how awful her dreams were.

Offline Lion

« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2017, 11:02:13 pm »
Much like Kit, Trevan fell asleep quickly. He never really dreamed much, but his new companion was making all kinds of weird situations much more interesting. So his mind became preoccupied with those, and it was unfortunate he didn't know what kind of dreams Kit had, or what he might have done to assuage them.

Sometime in the night he ended up with his body turned in against hers, face tucked in behind her neck an he was clinging to the warmth of her body, such little that it provided.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2017, 12:43:55 am »
Kit's eyes snapped open sometime during the night and she froze. Calm. Then she remembered where she was, the hot breath against her neck and she relaxed. Safe. With a friend. Being used as a body pillow. A shaky little breath and she snuggled back a little, let herself under the covers with Trevan gently took his arm and gently pulled it over, curling her fingers around his  and pressing the back of his hand to her chest, to feel his hand against her heart.

It had calmed her as a child, to listen to a heartbeat. Maybe he had bad dreams too? Kit drifted off again not long after, breath calm. Heart calm. The hand in hers kept her grounded and she slept peacefully.

Offline Lion

« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2017, 10:50:47 pm »
Eyelids flickered open when he saw the small of hairs along her neck and felt his arm around her body. Trevan didn't panic, and instead just let himself relax against her.  Strange to find some one else in his bed, and after a few drinks to have it simply be this.

He wondered if he ought to pull away.  She was sleeping like a rock and probably would feel him get up.  Slowly he tucked his tucked hand away and he climbed out of bed, tiptoeing into the kitchen to make coffee.  Soon the smell of it would drift it's way into the room.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2017, 11:12:53 pm »
The instant Trevan moved, Kit was awake. Training though, kept her eyes closed, kept her breathing even and it wasn't until he'd left and started to brew coffee did she let herself open her eyes. There was no threat, he wasn't coming in with a knife to slit her throat. Slowly she sat up, rubbed her tattooed arm and stretched her hands up.

A slight headache, but nothing terrible.

Soon the withdraws will set in but for now she'd be fine.

Quiet as she made her way to the kitchen, offering him a sheepish smile, "I swear I didn't take advantage of you," much. She vaguely remembered stealing his arm to hug herself with but besides that, nothing weird happened, right? A brief glance to the coffee and she bit her lip, resting against one of the walls, arms folded over her chest. "You're a good guy, Trev," Kit said softly, looking a little woeful, "I'm sorry I'm... I'm sorry that you're a party to my... My treason."

Offline Lion

« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2017, 05:04:47 pm »
"I know," he said with a mirthy look to his eyes. He let the coffee brew for a few seconds, the water boiling rapidly in the convector as he pressed the button just above it. It wasn't the best on the market but for something he bought for five bucks from the trunk of some guy's car it wasn't bad.

"Listen, Kit. Why are you sorry for everything?  You say that a lot."  He fixed her a hot cup of joe and set it in front of her.  "What are you doing back in Haviah anyway?  I thought you were trying to get out?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #198 on: February 03, 2017, 01:38:32 pm »
Kit frowned, arms wrapped around herself, fingers digging into her sides. "Because it's my fault. Why shouldn't I apologize?" Her voice was soft and she looked at the cup of coffee before she let her head fall forward and sighed, eyes closed.

"It's difficult getting out," kit gave a humourless laugh, "They own me, Trev and I'm afraid I'd never gotten very buddy buddy with flesh smugglers." Which, for her, was still a very dangerous option. Taking the cup, hands shaking slightly, she brought it to her lips and drank. "Easiest way out is a long walk off a short plank."

Offline Lion

« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2017, 12:08:57 am »
"So you think that I wasn't going to get into trouble before you came along?" Trevan scoffed, even laughing at her.  "You saw what it is that I do, Kit.  You know how messy I am. It's only a matter of time I'm caught or kileld by someone else like me. But in the meantime I do what service to the world I can in the only way I know how. I'm not perfect, neither are you. But you certainly didn't cause me any more trouble than I already had coming."

"You wanna get out, huh?  Of course, dumb question.  But you realize that even with Aedolis' ball-grip on everything, some contraband has got to have a way to get through, yeah? People turn a blind eye when enough credits are deposited their way.  Everybody has their hands in the pot. Things go missing or slip out unnoticed all the time.  How can your situation be any different?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal