Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Perlious Cargo of a Mercurial Nature (Rhi!) (M)  (Read 11246 times)

Offline Lion

Re: Perlious Cargo of a Mercurial Nature (Rhi!)
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 03:09:15 pm »
Oh he knew she couldn't resist his charm.  He grinned at her despite her panic and he saved his hands as if magically washing away her fear.  "Don't worry, they're probably just barely figuring out I'm gone!  They won't find me. And those Red shirts likely didn't even know I was from TRIM.  If they come knocking, I'll whoop their asses.  It'll be great."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 04:29:08 pm »
Jericho looked at Cal from over her fingers, lifting an eyebrow and looking him over thoughtfully. Her gut reaction was to scoff and tell him he was crazy, and no doubt he was, but...

It also wasn't just anyone that could pull off a successful escape from TRIM. That just wasn't done. Surely there was a reason he was so confident--aside from madness.

Letting her arm drop, Jericho rolled her shoulders and clasped her hands behind her back. "Right, well, in the meantime let's ensure we don't wind up in a position where that's necessary. Which leads me to this! You gonna stay on my ship? You live by my rules or it's out the airlock with you! So! Rule number one is obey my rules! And me! Got it? Second of all, I need to know what you were in TRIM for. I know you can do that zappy thing, so what is it? Psionics or magic?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Lion

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 01:28:29 am »
Geeze!  You take a girl's pizza and suddenly she was so pushy!  Besides, shouldn't there be a little mystery between them?  It certainly made things more attractive, mechanical nut crusher or not.  Calixte rolled his eyes but stopped midway as he peered at the seriousness of her expression.  "Done!  Done!  All of it done!  I mean, who knew hitching a ride was this easy.  Well, sorta.  I mean, I did sort've volunteer to be your crew now.  But!  Oh...er, we'll get to that."

He ran a hand through his luscious locks.  He often considered his hair to be one of his best features, and it certainly got plenty dry when he was a guinea pig.

"Well, if you really need to know, I guess there ain't no dancin' around it.  I'm a smuggler, or I was.  I don't remember much of what happened after someone apparently decided I was trash.  I guess I was sold to TRIM - for a nice price I might add.  Not too many psychics that can manipulate electromagnetic fields.  Needed a security system knocked out?  Or Cameras to suddenly short out?  Done.  But my abilities ain't been as good since they started all their little tricks and games.  Fucking cunts."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 08:56:29 pm »
"Psionics, then! Ah, shit."

Once again, Jericho massaged at her temples as her mind raced. "You're a smuggler, and that's great! I mean that sincerely, smuggling is kinda my bag. That's useful! Smugglers unite, yay! But you're a psychic. That's not so great. I need you to not use your psionics while you're on my ship, you got it? In fact, I need you to not use them while you're anywhere in my vicinity. Aedolis, those fucking creeps, they've got that thing of theirs so they can hunt psychics and all, so just. Don't. Do it. Let's not attract unwanted attention here."

She paused to lean in close to him, her bionic arm out and bracing against the wall beside his head. "Is that agreeable? I'll remind you of the airlock now."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Lion

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2015, 12:59:09 am »
The closeness was a harsh reminder of how long he hadn't been laid!  And he had to take a breath to keep his cool.  He grinned slyly to her, and gave a salute.  "Aye, we're eye-to-eye.  Captain," he said with a resolute nod.

He leaned in closer to her.  "But on the off chance you change your mind, just what kind've attention do you want to attract?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2015, 01:22:46 am »
"The kind of attention that doesn't involve Pilots chafing our asses," Jericho stated flatly, unfazed--or maybe just not catching the meaning behind his slyness. She backed off and scratched the side of her nose with a metal finger.

"And the sort of attention that leads to a fun and thrilling adventure with laughs all around and just enough peril to give us a rush, where we shoot some deathbots, save and subsequently ransom some alien royalty for enough to make us filthy rich, and take a vacation on a resort planet getting drunk on floofy drinks. Now that is good attention. Get me some of that."

Offline Lion

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2015, 01:39:07 am »
Oh, gods in his pants, had he died and gone to smuggler paradise?  Now this was his kind of woman!  He needed a drink, and he knew just the place to get it.  "Let's head to Aedolis.  Let's go to MOOCHIE's.  It's this rad bar in Haviah.  I know the owner!  We go way back.  Maybe we can even find some work there and you can have all the ass chafing you want.  Well, of the Captain variety that is."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 08:01:52 pm »
"Uhhh, are you NUTS? You just said you've got psionics and you wanna go to AEDOLIS?! Like, psychic's paradise, home to psychic freakin' dragons and psychic super soldier peoples?! What is wrong with you?!"

Jericho had grabbed his shoulders as she spoke to give him a good shake as she spoke, unable to believe what she was hearing! "No wonder you were some guinea pig! You've got no brains!"

Offline Lion

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2015, 02:17:33 am »
"HEY!  I've got brains!  Plenty of 'em!  And damn good ones too until I botched a job and someone got sick of me.  But some people have no taste for second chances.  And I know the streets of Haviah, it's really the only place that feels like home!  And if you don't like that, well, fuckin' dandy, but I know it.  And if we did go, we could lay low and make some real money."

He sniffed at her, wiping his nose like a child and wiping it on his shirt.  "I need a drink.  You got any smokes too?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2015, 02:11:30 pm »
Reaching into her jacket pocket, Jericho pulled a box of cigarettes from it and offered it out to him. She might be reluctant to share her pizza, because fuck she loved pizza, but the guy had been a guinea pig so she supposed she sympathized enough to relent on this. Besides, she was a casual smoker rather than an addict; she didn't need the cigs, but they were there if she felt like it.

She tossed the lighter to him. "There. Take a few puffs, calm that brain, and then think about what you're saying. You're saying you know how to get through Aedolian customs without getting outed as a psychic? Look, I ask 'cause I've never been there, alright. I've just heard they're tough as shit and read minds and whatnot, and if you're psychic they'll kidnap you or whatever. Not that I have anything to worry about in that regard! Just...you know...you do."

She cleared her throat and shifted awkwardly.

Offline Lion

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2015, 12:44:14 am »
Oh, it was sweet of her worry.  They'd only just met and Calixte already knew they'd get along fabulously.  Striking the lighter and igniting the smoke did wonders to calm his nerves and the smoke billowing out into the corridor was enough of a nostalgic reminder to make him weep.  Thankfully  he had enough control over his nerves to just enjoy the smoke.

"Well, I didn't say it was easy!" he said.  "You just can't think psychic thoughts.  Mind-thieves, all of 'em.  It ain't an exact science, say, Just think.  Pizza.  Yeah, pizza.  With those delicious pepperonis, and sausages, and what not!"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2015, 10:26:37 pm »
"I do fucking love pizza," Jericho said while rubbing her chin with her metal fingers, as though that alone could sway her into a crazy decision like that. "Real pizza. The Cancer crap is good in a pinch, but I'm pretty sure they use rat as a meat substitute. I really want some real pig, you know?"

She cocked her head and narrowed her eyes at Calixte, lips pursed. "It's a neat idea. Aside from the dragons and psychics, it seems like a hip place, one big den of iniquity and all that. But then there's the part where you fucked up and got caught and TRIM'd. I dunno how I feel about trusting a guy that got TRIM'd not to epically fuck up again. I like my brain how it is just fine."

Offline Lion

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2015, 05:01:28 pm »
At that, Cal bristled defensively.  "Hey!  I didn't fuck up.  Someone fucked up. Royally.  But it wasn't me!  I was damn good at what I did!  Damn good!  So good, your eye balls would turn round inside out and do a little dance!  I was positively orgasmic.  I'd like to say I still am."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2015, 05:08:05 pm »
Jericho's expression was flat. She slowly arched an eyebrow. "Uh huh."

Pushing off from the wall, she lifted her shoulders in a shrug and gave him a wave for him to follow her as she headed down the hall. "Maybe let's wait until I'm liquored up before we make any intelligent decisions here. C'mon, I store all the goodies in the 'kitchen' this way. I should have some beer left over somewhere." Shitty beer she'd ended up hating, so she didn't mind sharing!

Offline Lion

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2015, 01:57:28 am »
At the invitation of being offered something to drink, Calixte forgot his momentary backlash and grinned, following Jericho down the corridor toward the mess area.  And boy was it messy.  She wasn't really keen on keeping house was she?

"Thank god-balls you have a crew now.  This place is a fucking mess.  I'll get to it later on," he mumbled something about ratshit, but left it at that before finding the beer.  Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeer!  Even if it was piss water, it was better than drinking his own piss!  Not that he'd ever done that before.   No, that would be too gross even for him.

He smiled with satisfaction at hearing the crisp click of the beer snap open.  And tasting it, he just made a loud obnoxious 'ahhhhh'.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2015, 10:33:29 pm »
Jericho rolled her eyes so far back she was sure she saw her brains when he had the audacity to complain about the mess. And it was indeed messy and cluttered--but it wasn't dirty! Well. Not very.

"It's not messy, it's comfortable," she said. "Lived in. It's my bachelor pad, okay? Everything's exactly where I want it."

She snatched up a beer of her own and cracked it open, about to take a sip--but then he went and did the thing. And she inwardly cringed and side-eyed him, scowling.

There was a reason she lived alone. Hopefully he wasn't a whistler, too. She might actually shoot him.

She took a sip of beer, pointedly refraining from doing the obnoxious satisfied sound thing. Instead she pulled out a chair and flopped into it, resting her elbows on the crumb-covered table. "Been a while since you've had booze, eh?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2015, 11:29:42 pm »
One thing Calixte was not going to do was complain about the first real offer of beer he'd gotten since getting off the proverbial boat.  TRIM did it's best - which wasn't worth spit if he had anything to say about it - to try and make life 'comfortable' for their subjects.  Comfortable as in they were still alive, and try as in not very.  Cal couldn't remember the last time he'd had a decent shot of booze.

Even if it was pisswater.  So what?  There was something glowingly glorious in sharing a drink with a companion.

He stared down at the can and just smiled, grin boyish and filled with an expression of home.  Or as comfortable and as close to home as being on a ship could be.  "It feels like years," he said.  "I think it has been.  Honestly, when you're hooked up and all those monotonous tests all the time, you lose a lot of sense of time.  Maybe it really is a man-made creation, but sometimes it helps to keep track.  It sometimes keeps ya grounded; makes you still feel somewhat human."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2015, 08:25:07 pm »
Jericho's expression actually softened at that, annoyance fading away to be replaced by a sense of...well, pity. She'd been so busy freaking out over the stowaway, feeling overprotective of her pizza,and panicking that TRIM would surely be after them that the whole part where he had been an experiment hadn't sank in fully yet.

It was his expression, so happy over some simply, shitty beer, and his words that drove it home. Part of her felt a little shitty for how she'd treated him so far, but the other side felt pretty damned justified. Huh. Well. Still wasn't her problem, she told herself as she set her beer down and tapped her fingers along her bionic arm. Sucked for him.

"I'm surprised you're as sane as you are, to be honest," she said, lips pursed. There. A little sympathy. She could do sympathy. "Hrm. Maybe you're not so bad to have around. I've heard TRIM is inescapable, so you must have some fucking crazy luck."

Offline Lion

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2015, 12:22:26 am »
Oh, there was no doubt in Calixte's mind that TRIM would somehow send someone or something after them to try and quickly collect their asset.  It was just as likely they'd want to keep such news underwraps for as long as possible.  Investors and proprietors would be pulling out faster than a two-bit gigolo at climax if they found out TRIM security wasn't as infallible as everyone knew it to be.  It was a thought he felt was best left in the back of his mind since it would kill the mood of him finding an actual safe haven since slipping out.  He just wanted to have a good time.  Stupid TRIM and their stupid killjoys.

"I've been told I'm half-decent company.  I think that's a compliment right?" he asked, snickering at the thought and taking another long swig from the beer.  Boy it was pisswater, but it was the best pisswater he'd had in a long time.  "I'm afraid, however, I can't answer that question about being a two-bit loon," he said.

"But, I will however take 'crazy luck' as a compliment," he grinned at her and raised his beer.  "What about this ship?  What do ya call this hunk of metal?  Oh, and I mean that with the utmost respect.  So far I'm diggin' it."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2015, 10:19:08 am »
[Dead forever at the gigolo comment. xDDDD]

"Hunk of metal? This bad boy's the Renegade Riot!" Jericho said. "And I'll pretend you didn't call him a hunk of metal. Rude. He's more than just metal. He's heart and soul and, you know, the only thing keeping your ass alive out here in the black. Best respect the ship."

She leaned down and pat the floor with her metal hand. "There there, he didn't mean anything by it, sweetie. So don't have any of your fits."

And then, sitting back up, she leveled a look at Calixte. "You apologize, too."

As much as she'd never admit it, Jericho was quite the superstitious soul.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal