Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I guess that I am in deep trouble...  (Read 5098 times)

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

Re: I guess that I am in deep trouble...
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2014, 07:44:33 am »
Dan smiled back at Cloak, blushing when he noticed she was naked. "I'll get you something to wear." He said, a bit embarrassed. Usually, he would enjoy the sight of a woman naked in front of him, but something inside him was telling him to look away.

Shame of getting her wounded like she was.

He reached inside another locker, getting a towel and a gown for Cloak. Blushing again, he tried to not look directly at her. He couldn't stop his eyes to take a glimpse at the pink marks on he skin though and his eyes went misty. "I'm-... I-... I'll scan the deck for more explosives." He said looking away to not show his shame.

He went to the console available in the medical bay. Dan initiated the scan, no deck would be spared. "Ten more scattered around the ship. The priority are the engine room, the landing bay and the cargo chamber." He said, putting his pants on, miraculously spared by the explosion.

Join the Hospitalier's Fleet, Protect Mankind!

New Characters brewing in my mind.

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2014, 08:58:59 am »
Was that a blush she saw on his face? She didn't care if he got her clothes so long as she got a towel out of it. It was quite funny that he seemed more comfortable with violence than a little bit of nudity though. Cloak stretched slightly to relieve the slight ache from the pod, feeling the tug at her mostly healed wounds, then took the gown and towel from Dan. She started by towelling her hair, because it was really annoying her, then progressed to dry off entirely until she felt slightly more human. The gown-thing wasn't quite to her taste, so she retrieved her trousers, which were still put together enough, and put the gown on over the top, tying it at the back to make it the length of a normal top. Her belt was completely fine, as it was pretty tough, so she put that back on over the top, and drew a hair tie out to tie up her hair out of her eyes.

Scanning for other danger seemed like a good idea - she was sure she'd done it earlier, but she had no idea what the results had been. Her memories were a bit fuzzy... Cloak admired the view as Dan turned away from her to use the console, but was distracted by the results of the scan. Ten. Well, that could be worse. This way she'd definitely have enough to trace the perpetrator.

"Any idea who planted them? I think we should check out the remains of the last one first, see if we can tell it it was booby-trapped. I'm guessing you know how to disable these things - I probably know enough to get by, but I'll have to go back to my room."

She walked across the room to join him by the console.

"Unless your cargo bay is packed with explosives, I think the engine room is the most important to get at quickly - unless you want to disable one in a less key place first as a practice."

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2014, 07:35:02 pm »
Dan looked at Cloak over at his left. Grief in his heart, his eyes went misty. What have I done?, he asked himself. He looked away, trying not to sob.

"We need to go by the cargo bay to access the engine room." He took a look at the results of the scan. "The most are in the engine room, five of them I think."

He took the gown off, stretched a bit, shaking the slight soreness from his elbow. A large part of it was covered by a lighter, pinkish-er scar. Dan's back was covered with small entry points. "I think I remember the last time this bastard taught me how to disable those things... Gorram it Gabriel!"

Gabriel was the bomb artist that Dan thought was dead. "Gabriel was my best..."

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2014, 12:53:19 pm »
Cloak listened as Dan outlined his impromptu plan - clearly he meant to prioritise those in the engine room, which was fair enough, as an explosion there would cripple the ship. His scan couldn't be that precise - the display showed the bombs large enough that they simply appeared as a cluster. She stepped back a little as he took off the gown, unwilling to stand so close that she'd end up accidentally knocked into, although she had a great view of his new scarring. It was quite a fetching shade of pink, really. An expert in explosives named Gabriel... She really needed to get up to speed with the big names around here. She winced at the expression on Dan's face as he didn't finish his sentence, laying her hand on his upper arm in comfort. His best what though? Friend seemed likely, but it could also be something along the lines of second-in-command or bomb expert. It was good for her if they'd been close - the more information she had to track this guy the better, but she felt a twist in her gut in sympathy for Dan. If they'd been particularly close, then, well, she would hate it if Sunny betrayed her... It didn't bear thinking about.

"Are you sure you know the type of bomb? If so, we should get started. We really don't want explosions in the engine room... You could tell me about Gabriel as we walk?"

She wanted to offer more audible comfort, or at least something, but she didn't want to make things worse, so she stuck to the professional. She hadn't felt this awkward in a social situation for years, but then again, she was in an entirely new place, with a legitimately dangerous situation ongoing, and she hadn't known Dan long enough to know how he reacted to comfort. She could do caution, when it suited her, and currently she was trying to be sensitive.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2014, 03:55:05 pm »
Dan's eyes went blurry. "I don't want to talk about him, never!" He said with a trembling voice and louder then he wanted to. He turned his head to look away from Cloak. As he did so, a drop of water felt from his cheek. He bite his lips, trying to keep himself from crying.

"Follow me, it's not far." He said, guiding her to the door and then to the engine room, a floor below. "They are all around the main engine if I recall correctly. We enter the room and walk with light steps, even though you are already good at that." He said, a small grin on his face.

Swiping his card, he entered first. The core engine was in the middle of the room. A spherical nuclear generator with stand under and over, immobilizing it. it was hooked to the engine with several other support generators. Small boxes, like in Dan's chair could be seen on the engine itself.

― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2014, 10:28:15 am »
Okay, maybe her assumption had been off. Had they been lovers? He seemed really upset... They could still have been best friends - she'd only really ever been close to lovers and family, but that didn't mean he hadn't been close to others. Cloak felt more awkward than ever as she followed him to the engine room, surreptitiously lifting a hand to brush the lone tear from his cheek. She was pleased when he smiled at her, revealing that he was already feeling a little better - at least enough to put on a front. She was going to have to know about Gabriel though; outloud, in a report, whatever, but she had to know. She'd just be a liability otherwise.

"R8, scan for possible triggers, ghost scan bombs for type and make." Turning to Dan she gave him a smile. "I trust you to know what you're doing - but that won't do us much good if I don't know what I'm doing." Hint, hint.

The ghost scan would take a minute, so she stalked into the room, silent as a ghost, taking an unusual route just in case the bombs were triggered by motion sensors. Dan would probably have warned her if that was the case, and it seemed unlikely, but he was distracted and anything was possible. Caution, she had learned today, was to be exercised at all times.

"So how do we disable these?"

She memorised the layout of the engine room, noting the other entry points - a vent and two more doors, along with a hatch on the floor, presumably from a related room on the floor below. [OOC: I can change this if you like.] There were tiny scuff marks around the vent covering, although they could've come from anything, really. Still, it was a possible point of entry. The engine was unfamiliar, but she was certain that the bombs, small metal boxes, were placed to cause the maximum damage possible.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2014, 02:15:13 pm »
Dan looked at one of the bomb carefully. They looked familiar but...

"A new model, I don't think I can help."he sighed "It's on you... Sorry. Oh wait! I know that model."

He took the casing off and looked at the wirering. "R8, scan those wires and find the one connectes to the detonator." He yelled, knowing that the ring should hear him.

He turned around and looked at Cloak. "Sorry sweety, I really need a crash course on this model." A grin appeared on his face. "What about the exits point, did you find something?"

He returned to the bomb, waiting for the ring to report which wire was the most important one. The ring didn't answered. (OoC: sorry, I took for assumption that the ring wouldn't answer but only to Cloak.) "C'mon, don't be a princess!"

― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2014, 10:55:13 am »
(OOC: That's fine. I'd prefer it if you didn't just assume, but I guess you needed to for that post, and you were right, the ring wouldn't answer to him.)

Cloak rolled her eyes at his indecision, not to mention his attempt to use her ring. Oddly enough, her technology didn't respond to others. The ways that could be abused were almost limitless.

"Firstly, my ring only responds to me." And Sunny, but who needed to know? "Secondly, it isn't connected to a bomb guide! It's a scanner only, and while it could probably work it out, I'm more comfortable with my own knowledge."

She crouched down at a reasonably safe distance, looking at the bomb and comparing it to others she had seen. It didn't take long for her to withdraw some wire clippers and snip two wires in quick succession, a thrill racing through her at the idea that she could be wrong. Risk was fun, why would she bother with yet more caution when she was sure? Luck was on her side, so the chances of this going wrong were - well, less than what they'd be for other people.

The bomb failed to go off, or trigger anything else, so she counted it a victory.

"There, the one to the far right linked to the detonator, and the other one I cut I think was some kind of trap - so it couldn't be disarmed just like that." (OOC: I know nothing of bombs... But this is futuristic, so I'm allowed to make it all up! ;) )

Wait, what else had he said? Something about exits...

"There're scuff marks around that vent up there, so that's a possible point of entry. Fairly cliche, but there's a reason why - they're convenient, and you can't have somewhere like an engine room without them."

Cloak flicked her still damp hair over her shoulder as she turned her head to look at Dan, wondering how he could seem so much more cheerful already. She guessed that he couldn't really afford to wallow in his misery - and she wasn't complaining.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2014, 11:56:02 am »
Dan watched her every mouvements, learning faster then anyone. "The green and the yellow wires, got it!" He said while going to the next bomb, leaving a gentle kiss on her cheek.

The next bomb was made the same way as the other. Dan had no problem to rip the wires out. "So the air system... I thought the safety grid was on. And even more odd, the vent is supposed to be booted and welded to the wall. Who ever was that person, they knew what they had to do!" He said as he disarmed the last bombs with Cloak. "The next threat is the landing bay, I think I saw 4 of them and the last one is in the cargo bay."

They went to the landing bay.

More he thought about it more sense it made. Gabriel was still aboard the ship. He reached for his holster, taking his revolver out. "Can you scan the ship for living beings with that stubborn ring of yours?" But as he asked, footsteps were heard from the catwalk above them.

A mysterious woman was looking at them. "Did you missed me, my Dan?" She asked.

― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2014, 12:18:20 pm »
Well, she could, but it would be a bit useless now.

Oh, a she then. Oops. At least the lover thing looked to be spot on. Who could this be but Gabriel? Well, whoever she was could shove off. The position of sexy woman on this ship was firmly taken. Obviously at least one vent had to be nailed on - else how would you get in for maintenance? Safety grids were, as she knew full well, rather easy to get around if you knew what you were doing.

The idea of the strange woman having the advantage of height wore on her, so her mind worked quickly on an idea. Cloak needed to get herself to a safer position from which she could get them out of this situation. Luckily, the landing bay was far from devoid of furnishings, so she ran, jumped on some kind of desk, and managed to grab onto the bottom of the walkway above. She wasn't strong enough to keep this up, so she hooked her legs around and drew herself up, ending up with her back to the woman. She ducked just in case, then span and kicked at her.

Then she was off running, out of the room entirely, climbing onto the ceiling once she was out of sight. She didn't have her climbing gloves on her, but she knew how to cling onto even relatively smooth surfaces, and her belt contained anti-gravity technology to make it lighter, which she turned up to help keep her up. She crawled along the ceiling stealthily to the beginning of the open walkway, watching.

(OOC: Are you writing the woman, or is it a shared thing? I'm happy either way.)

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2015, 05:59:33 pm »
Dan drew his revolver, pointing it at the woman. "It's been a long time Gabriel, how have you been?"

Gabriel rested her arms crossed, putting her cleavage in evidence. The black latex shirt she whore was following every curve of her perfectly shaped body. Her dirty blond hair was flowing over her shoulder and was kept cropped around waist height. She had a pair of black latex pants. She carelessly held her handgun with her right hand.

"Dan, Dan, Dan... Always running after your dreams, are you? My, my... you look horrible." She said with a condescending tone.

"And you are... Ugh I had a thing for this... Shit..." Dan said, reassuring his grip on his gun.

― Albert Einstein

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal