Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I guess that I am in deep trouble...  (Read 5097 times)

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

Re: I guess that I am in deep trouble...
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 06:20:38 pm »
Dan wiped every emotions off his face at the moment the door opened, putting the borrowed hat back on. Who was toying with who in this relationship was a good question to ask if someone would've watch them. He followed her, looking time to time at her lower back, enjoying the view.

He got closer to her, wrapping his arms around her hips. "Sorry! Redcoats all around us." he whispered kissing her neck gently. He led her in another alley and then let go of her.

He then walked behind her, just enough to see her but not close enough to get her in trouble if he got caught.

Join the Hospitalier's Fleet, Protect Mankind!

New Characters brewing in my mind.

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 12:49:33 pm »
A whispered command to her ring had activated its covert navigation system, with different parts of the rings lighting up dimly depending on where she was to go. This appropriately set up, Cloak felt willing enough to take the lead down the alleys, aware that Dan followed not far behind. However, she hadn't got very far before he approached again, pulling her into a different alley. With an accompanying kiss to the neck, as if in apology for his manhandling. This was slightly more awkward, as her ring hadn't mapped this area. She didn't let her uncertainty show, striding ahead with perfectly equal steps, neither changing her pace nor acknowledging the change. Redcoats that close to the headquarters were a bit more of a problem than her not being able to navigate. She considered asking him for directions to the 4AR dock arrival square, but she had a feeling that her quarters were just along here - then left, then maybe up a ladder to the right? She trusted her luck to guide her, and if she went wrong then at least she'd get to know more of the place.

He had decided to walk far enough behind that they weren't obviously together, even though they had been seen together earlier, so she couldn't talk to him, even though she wanted to ask for the names of his previous employees. It would've been good to know, maybe to ask around, or locate any personal effects - not to mention the way he talked about them would've told her a lot. Still, she had a bit of ground to cover, so she probably wouldn't have wanted to waste time talking anyway. She increased her pace, taking corners, doorways, and yes, a ladder, trusting herself to guess correctly.

Cloak bit back a curse as she tripped over a crack in the metal floor, falling gracelessly before catching herself in a crouch. She paused for a moment as her attention was diverted by a muffled conversation. Reds again. Not on duty, but nearby, and from their age she'd say they were experienced. It was too late to pretend she'd injured herself, so she simply stood up again, looking awkwardly embarrassed, cast a warning look back to Dan and continued, cutting off down a side street just before she collided with them. She hoped he had the sense to follow as if all was well instead of hunching up or moving faster, or otherwise acting like a fugitive. They probably wouldn't see him, but they'd notice if there was a suspicious figure. They'd be there in a second anyway; she recognised where the side street had taken her. It would be nice to change out of her armour, it made her feel confrontational.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 05:03:05 pm »
Dan noticed the warning gave by Cloak. Pressing a button hidden in his sleeve, Dan activated the cloaking device in his coat. His coat morphed into Reds'. He walked by them, waving his hand at them when they noticed one of their own. He even placed a little smile when one of them stared at him.

Come on, come on, come on! Look away, continue to talk with the others! He thought.

When he got out of sight, he changed his coat off. Sighing loudly, he caught up with Cloak. Standing beside her, looking away like he didn't knew her. He slipped through his teeth: "Are we there yet? The last time I've been this far from HQ, my crew died horribly."

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 04:49:45 am »
Cloak sighed as his words caught up with her, honestly more interested in his cloaking device. She had never encountered anything like it in Haviah, or at least, not for anything other than fashion, because the constant surveillance and chip identification would've made it pointless. She wondered where she could get one, and if they came with more useful settings. Depending on how complicated it was, and how rare the materials, she could even be able to make one herself, if Dan let her examine his. She should probably respond though.

"You didn't have to come, and you're going to have to get used to moving around again eventually. Unless you'd like to hide in that hole of yours for the rest of your life?" There was nothing wrong with that, but she had a feeling it would insult his pride. Sure, it was upsetting that they'd all died, but her preferred method of dealing was to ignore it and move on. Negativity made her uncomfortable, hence her tense tone and manner as she spoke. She tilted her head down and frowned as though she was muttering to herself.

"Not far."

Then she continued down the street, down another alleyway, and entered the correct code into the door, stepping inside as it slid open.

"Door, remain open."

She then sat on a chair in the entrance room to wait for Dan to come in.

"Luckily, I haven't unpacked yet, so we just have to pick up my bags. Then, we have got to talk business. Some rules really need to be laid down here." Her mask of impassivity dropped, leaving her with considering eyes and a dark smirk. She leaned back on the chair, twisting an arm around the back of it.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2014, 01:46:39 pm »
Dan answered her smile with a cold stare."I came to help you, I don't care to get caught. I would sleep better knowing that you are safe then not knowing what happened to you when you tried to come back. Their is one way. My 'hole', as you say, has everything to feed and protect an army for years!"

He walked towards the center of the room, looking for something. Was there a safe behind that screen, on the wall? He reached in his pocket and put a pair of specs on his nose. The lens flashed, then projected an x-ray image of the wall.

― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2014, 02:05:38 pm »
"Door, close."

Cloak suppressed a twitch of annoyance. Who would've thought a gang boss would be so sensitive? Did he come to help her? Possibly, but she hadn't told him that she needed help before he'd decided to come, so that was just to sooth his ego. He'd sleep better, would he? He had odd ideas about safety - anonymity, stealth, and good exit plans made her feel much safer than walls she couldn't get out of easily. How was she supposed to know he would react so badly to having his fancy, well-equipped, well-supplied, ultra-safe hole insulted? When it came down to it, that was what it was. A bolthole, as well as a residence, and possibly a meeting place, although it wasn't really neutral enough for that.

She maintained her easy smirk and posture, turning her head to watch him as he moved through the room. He'd noticed the safe then. He'd regret it if he opened it, she sure had. Traps there were none, mildly disturbing sex toys, there were many. Looked like someone had been really private about their sex life... Either that, or they had some really weird friends.

"Oh calm down, honey, I'm not insulting your headquarters, really, they're just darling." It was difficult to suppress her sarcasm, but she managed. It wasn't her business if he was attached to his home, really, was it? Point out flaws, or placate? Placate, for sure. "Look, I'm sure you know what you're doing, but I'm here to do business, not hang around. Don't take offence, you're great and all, but I need to get moving on finding out what I'm going to do here."

With that, she exited the room to the bedroom, pulling on a rucksack, and four shoulder bags, and grabbing two cases that would normally hover along, but she wasn't willing to risk showing off in Cancer. There was still another rucksack and two more cases. She'd wait and see if Dan came through in a minute.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 03:45:57 pm »
Dan fallowed Kaliya, rubbing his eyes with a disgusted look on his face. Why would someone hide those things? No one would if they didn't had a weird, twisted and... Ugh... He shivered out of disgust.

"I don't know who lives here but he his... quite perverted..." he said as he stored his specs in his pocket again. "I will have to show you everything so that you stop underestimating my sh-... my base right?"

Whats wrong with him? Why was he telling her this now? Was he trusting her that much already? Anyway now that he started, she will push until he spit out the truth. yes she was good looking and charm-full but she was still hiding everything about her.

He grabbed the rest of her stuff, activating his coat first and changing it to a duster coat with a hood. That wasn't so heavy after all! Walking beside her, going back to Hq, he tried to hide his puzzlement.

― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2014, 06:30:30 pm »
"Your sh-base? And what might that mean? Your ship?"
Oh, so spectacles that allowed one to see through walls, now. Well, he could just wait and see what she had when she unpacked. Cloak had had less access to criminal technology than he did, but she had made do. Her ring was a prime example of what a determined Aedolian could get her hands on. She wasn't underestimating anything, she just didn't like being shut up in one space for long periods of time! That was part of the reason why she was here! Not even a ship could magically be many places, although it could take you to many places. Of course, he could have meant something else, but it made sense - lots of people in Cancer lived on ships.

Now he had yet another outfit. Why hadn't he just used that earlier? There was little point now, as he'd been seen coming in, so they'd know it was him exiting. If anyone was watching, which was unlikely she supposed, but still. Dan seemed pleasantly surprised by the slight hover of her bags, which prevented them from being too heavy, although she was still annoyed that she couldn't just hover them through the streets. She had hover technology in all of her bags, even the ones with straps, as brute strength wasn't something she had in spades. Cloak couldn't tell if he meant to walk beside her, but he wasn't far behind as he had been on the way. Seeing as he was now carrying her stuff, that made sense. She couldn't wait to take advantage of the bathing facilities back at his HQ; Cancer seemed almost to be constructed of grunge, so she was feeling more than a little grungy from walking through it. She'd have to get used to it, and maybe wear dark colours.

Cloak knew that a business talk was coming, and weighed up the advantages of revealing some things about herself. He had her real name, as far as she considered it, he knew that she was from elsewhere - perhaps she could say she was from Libra for the time being? It was technically true. Family, her mother's death, the way she'd cultivated her skills - that was all open if he wanted to hear it, although she'd have to edit some details. Somehow she didn't think he'd be impressed that she'd done dealings with the head of 'Red Chillz', a line of clubs, who also happened to deal in a large number of narcotics, and possibly less legal things. A man like Dan probably wouldn't understand the power he wielded back in Haviah, and across Aedolis. That had been a dangerous series of jobs - he'd needed her to infiltrate the Citadel and the homes of other powerful businessmen, as well as spying on shady dealings in the Midhaven. Caught in remembrance, she'd found her way back to the HQ before she knew it, walking on automatic, although she'd noticed several possible boltholes, dangerous looking characters, people she knew were informants just from looking at them, and useful looking shops. She was good at gathering information, even when paying little attention.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2014, 07:47:07 pm »
Dan continued to walk until HQ. He walked straight in, leading Cloak to now what was her room, two doors from his office. The room was large (larger then Dan's office). A queen sized bed sitting in its perfect center, a large screen on the wall in front of it. In a corner was a desk with an Holographic projector. Wooden drawers and a desk could also be found. The floor wasn't bare steel like the rest of the ship, a magnificent carpet. The walls were covered with fine curtains, hiding the joints and bolts of the walls. Two doors were leading in other rooms of the bedroom, one to the bathroom and the other to the holodeck projection chamber.

"This will be yours for as long as you work with me, I usually reserve it for royal guests... Or the best spy you could ever find in the galaxy. It's equipped with a telecom screen and a holographic projector, as you probably saw, for you amusement. You have your own bathroom and holo-chamber, use them as you wish.
If you feel like wondering around the ship, like you guessed, you can lock the room with a key-card that I'll give to you in a moment. The only one who is allowed everywhere here is me, O have the master key anyway. On the third deck (the third out of six), you will find a gym, the mess hall.
The lower deck is the landing bay, where we park the scouters.
This his the second deck, the living area. Most of these rooms are dorms. The deck above us, the command center.
Feel free to come and ask questions, I'll be in my room for now. I want you to settle in before we finally talk business."
he said with the most beautiful, charm full and sincere smile he would ever give to someone met in a bar, and maybe someone that he trust more then he ever trusted his own crew.

Walking out, a few minutes passed before he came back, with the room key-card.

"I hope you enjoy working with together as I do!" he said, smiling and giving his hand for a shake.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:10:28 am by Lloyd Orodelo »

― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 10:22:44 am »
[OOC: Sorry for this, but I needed to get a description of her new persona in. Don't worry, unless something goes really wrong she'll be sticking with this for the foreseeable future. ;)]

Oh, well this was nice... A little less modern than she was used to, but she could work with that. Its technology wasn't bad at all. She did like the carpet, it looked like it would feel lovely under her bare feet. She wasn't the best spy, although she was extremely flattered. Not yet, anyway. Ship it was indeed. It was depressing that she hadn't noticed earlier. She would particularly enjoy the holo-chamber for training purposes, she had several of her favourite simulations with her. He had given her the most charming smile she'd seen on him, so she let a smile of her own tug at her face, slightly lopsided but rather more genuine than normal. Not quite genuine, because she was honestly smirking with delight inside, in anticipation of the new possibilities she was faced with.

"I'm sure I'll love it here." She said as she dropped her stuff, just before he left the room.

Okay, so here was her minute or so to check for surveillance, and explore the other rooms of her quarters.

"R8, scan for all manner of surveillance in this room, do not penetrate the walls."

Her ring activated, small white points whirling to the surface and flashing as the scan was completed.

"Report."

The ring displayed a holographic representation of the room, revealing three motion sensors and a hidden camera. Probably for her benefit, for security, but she'd replace them with her own. This most basic of checks complete, she walked through to the bathroom, noting with pleasure that the bath was approximately the size of her bed, although she also had a shower. She really, really couldn't wait to bathe and redo her persona.

"Repeat scan."

The ring let out a bleep indicating that no means of surveillance had been detected, which was good, as otherwise she would've been more than a little annoyed. The holo-chamber seemed fairly regular, with the display screen on the same side as the door, ready and waiting for her to input her preferences. The room itself was plain, but the walls were padded with light blue. She hoped the place was done up for combat simulation.

Overall she was more than pleased by her new rooms, but she would still have to be cautious of their true owner. He was charming, and didn't seem to mean her harm, but he had switched suddenly and dramatically before, and she didn't want to end up as a victim before she'd even really got started. She'd have to go over her rooms again with a finer tool later.

Dan re-emerged into the main room as she entered it herself, so she smiled at him in greeting before moving forwards to accept the key-card and shake his hand.

"I'm sure I will." She finally let her smirk escape, as it had progressed to what she personally considered to be her most charming expression, cheerful, if a little mischievous.

"Now, how about we talk in an hour, in your office? I really need to shower." It also wouldn't hurt Dan to shower; while he wasn't dirty exactly, she felt that Cancer was the kind of place where one should wash near constantly.

Cloak waited for him to leave the room, then started to unpack her bags: Normal clothing went in one pile, Cloak clothing went in another, then there was plotting technology, hacking technology, active technology, surveillance technology, things she used for disguises, entertainment, communication devices, weapons, and miscellaneous technology. Somehow there seemed to be more of it when it wasn't packed. Okay, so, leave it all on the bed for now, select a new persona, and go shower...

Her earlier considerations in mind, she selected a short, dark red, high-collared, dress, an undersuit made from a material that was tough enough to stop more than a few weapons, if perhaps not directly, soft, deep brown boots and charcoal coloured trousers. A deep brown skin dye joined the pile, along with red contacts and caramel hair dye. A moment's consideration later, she added several cosmetics - they could be used to make her face seem a different shape, and her new persona seemed the type to use them. Scissors, nail varnish, a broad black belt for tech, throwing knives and poisons, and a scrub to remove her fake tattoos were also put in the pile for her to carry through. Gathering it all in her arms, she stepped through into the bathroom,  dropping it on a shelf before showering thoroughly, dumping her old clothes into a receptacle that appeared to be for that purpose. Cloak then applied the hair and skin dyes, painted her nails rose, swapped her contacts, cut her hair into a 'v' shape down her back, and stepped back to regard herself in the mirror. Different, definitely, although she still needed a more bitter aspect... A scar across her cheek maybe? She wandered back through to her room to get her fake scar kit, applied a two thin slices, as though from a metal claw, across her cheek, then dressed in the clothing she had chosen. A more obvious weapon seemed required, but otherwise she was happy. Quickly, she applied the cosmetics - rose lipstick and eyeshadow, black mascara and eyeliner, and a dark powder to change the contours of her face, then she returned to her room to add the poisons, throwing knives, smoke bombs, gas bombs, basic surveillance, note-taking and hacking devices, and a laser gun to her belt. Now, she was ready to go. She was pretty much on time as well, which she thought was fairly impressive.

As she walked through to Dan's office, after locking her door behind her, she considered her new name and past. Kaya Da'anika, previously worked in a crime syndicate in Libra, an orphan, no family save for an aunt she was never close to, had moved here after they were discovered by the police. That would do for basics, she wouldn't need more detail yet. She wouldn't be trying to convince Dan, after all. He would get a more honest account of her life, although she wasn't keen on telling him that she was from Haviah. Instead of simply entering, she stopped to wait for him to invite her in, as the camera on the door wasn't hidden.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2014, 02:33:27 pm »
"Please enter! When I said make yourself at home, I was sincere. This door will be locked if I don't want to be disturbed!" He said, opening the sliding door from his desk.

Dan had indeed washed him self, had put on freshly cleaned clothes. He was waiting for her since he got out of the shower. "Right on time, as I would expect from a fine lady like you." He said closing the book he was holding. He sat comfortably, looking at her new appearance.

Something was different about her, really. She changed persona before, but never that heavily. This persona was even more his type then the one before. He smiled.

"So you wanted to talk business? I'm all ears!... Oh and by he way, welcome aboard the Star Hound, my bulk freighter."

He stood up and went to help his guest to sit. He sat back, casually.

"First of all, I would invite you to explain to me the full range of your skills. I would like to know what exactly I have to expect from you. I already know that you have a good piece of equipment in that ring too. I saw you removing my cameras and I had to hack into yours to get feedback again." He said in a laugh. "Don't worry I won't peep, its for your security only anyway. i had a big problem of shapeshifters and invisible stalkers by the past. Those camera were infrared and identity scanners with DNA trackers... Boring stuff anyway. Tell me more about you, the real you I mean!" He sat more seriously, his attention ready for whatever she was about to say.

― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 11:05:10 am »
"I simply thought it best to set some boundaries." Cloak spoke more carefully than normal, paying more attention to the sound of the words as they rolled off her tongue. An equally, and unapologetically, careful smile toyed with the corners of her lips as she stepped smoothly inside the room.

She noted that Dan had also taken the opportunity to wash and change, and she felt her mood improve. Basic cleanliness was enough to make anyone feel better. He hadn't stood up when she entered the room, but remained seated, holding an actual, physical book. Cloak stood for a second to allow him to get used to her new persona, listening to him with half her mind as the other went over what she intended to tell him. Star Hound. Not quite cultured, but she rather liked it. It made her think of hunting, and hunting was something she was very good at indeed.

She hadn't really needed assistance to sit down, but took it as a gesture of goodwill, not as a sign that he thought her weak. His first words were appropriate for a business negotiation - establish what each party has to offer and what they tend to do, but the way he continued made her eyes narrow.

"Not, boring stuff. Technology is one of my specialities, and somehow I doubt you hacked my stuff. Far more likely, you triggered their decoy software, and are receiving looped playbacks. Don't worry, although I hadn't yet set up everything, my own security is more than adequate, and I would prefer to use it. This is a matter of trust. I hope that you trust me enough to leave my own security to me. I trust you not to peep, but it makes me uncomfortable to have it out of my hands. I can supply you records every now and then if it's a big thing for you."

Cloak hoped he wouldn't push her on this, as she was not going to back down. She knew her tech, she had booby-traps in her tech, she understood all the little tricks that could be done with her tech, and more than that, she trusted her tech. Anything she hadn't purchased, disassembled, reassembled, and thoroughly inspected herself was a risk. Unless she'd made it, of course, but even then the materials had to be sourced wisely.

She relaxed a little again as his request caught up with her.

"My real name, as far as I'm concerned, is Cloak. Real appearance? All of them. As far as family goes, I have a twin sister, who's a pretty good fighter and well-known back home, my dad, who's an important doctor, and my mum died when I was three, killed by the Artist. You might of noticed I'm new around here? I just came along from Libra. Now onto the real me. I can deflect all but the most powerful psychics, and that's only speculation as I've never met anyone I couldn't repel, I'm a skilled hacker and programmer, and have a good grasp of hardware as well, and I'm excellent at acting and going unnoticed. I have a knack for finding out what I want to know, and I'm not a bad thief either. I'm a collector of information, a spy, if you like, and I'm good at what I do. I'd be happy to work with you, and share in the gains, of course, but I'll need time to do my own stuff as well. What are you looking to do next?"

She sat back in her chair, waiting to see if he would respond in kind, ask more detailed questions, actually answer her question in full, or something else entirely. She wasn't in a hurry, exactly, but she didn't feel the need to linger on herself.

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 05:17:26 pm »
Crossing his leg and taking a deep breath, he changed position. He rested his chin in his hand, locking his eyes in Cloak's. She was really the beautiful women of his dreams...

He caught  himself thinking that. He blushed slightly and tried to hide it by rubbing is jaw. Why was he thinking that now, even better: why was he so deeply attached to her already. That was odd.

"Now tell me, Cloak, what do expect from me? After, if you have question, I will answer them as I can." He said with a smile.

He was intrigued by her way of seeing things and he didn't tried to hide it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:20:21 pm by Lloyd Orodelo »

― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 12:00:51 pm »
Was that honest interest on his face? She was quite flattered. He seemed to like her a lot, which was good in a way, as he was handsome and quite charming when he wanted to be, but it could also be bad, as Cloak didn't want him to be irrational.

"I expect you to know what you brought me here for, and what you're going to do next. What are your targets, your plans for the future? What did you do prior to losing your men? What in particular are your skills? What are your moral limits? What, do you think, are the most significant threats to you, and therefore to us? You can't just've wanted me for my pretty face, though I fancy we make a striking pair."

She had an analytical mind; while she hadn't been prepared to have to set questions, she could figure out what she needed the answers to easily enough. There were a lot of things she'd like the answers to, but she wasn't so tired yet that she couldn't go out to gather some of that later. For now, aims were the most important things to make clear. She needed to know what she was doing, or she'd just continue to mess around as she always did. She was fine with that, but it would hardly be a business partnership. Carefully, she ran her fingers through hair as she felt a sudden pang. What would Sunny do in this situation? Probably intimidate the hell out of him with her sheer charm, and tell him what to do, but Kareya was a bit more cautious than that... Maybe she could let that go a little. What was life for if not sheer fun?

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2014, 01:00:43 pm »
(OoC: I changed my dialogue styling, it's beginning to be painful in more then one way.)

Changing position again, something was wrong with the chair. Maybe it was broken. Dan would just have to repair it like he did once before.

"You are more then a pretty face indeed... You are perfect! Perfect for what I want to accomplish. I guess that you already have an idea of the reason why you are here now, am I right? Well in fact, I needed you to find intelligence for me, to infiltrate some organizations. The usual stuff for someone of your level. I want to find who the hell snitched to the Redcoats what we were doing, where we were. I want you to track him and bring him back here. I'll spare you the details of what will happen after that."

-Position change-

"The major threat for now is that snitch; he knows were I am, what I do, where I go, the access codes... Everything!  I would love moving the StarHound but a bulk freighter cannot be parked wherever I want..."

-position change-

"...Why is that gorram chair so uncomfortable?" He yelled angrily, standing up and taking one of his knife.

Dan cut through the cushion, in a way he could sew it back without a trace. He reached inside, taking a small metal box.

"Run! Get out of here!" He yelled, taking cloak outside of the room. "Take cover!"

He ran into the hallway, keeping Cloak near in a protective brace. Her back was against the wall and his against the explosion. He dressed her of his coat, hopping the bulletproof layer would help.

-EXPLOSION-

Dan was lying on the ground, a metal piece going through his left elbow and a part of his chest. He was laying on Cloak. The door to the office wasn't existing anymore. Even a part of the wall blew up.

"Kaliya? Are you alright?" He whispered, unable to raise his voice to a normal level.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:27:38 am by Lloyd Orodelo »

― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2014, 01:39:16 pm »
(OOC: No problem, thanks for mentioning it.  :))

Good. Hunting a snitch, while perhaps not easy with near nothing to go on, was well within her capabilities... She'd complete this task with pleasure. Retrieval was pushing it a bit, as she wasn't the strongest, but she was sure she could manage. With some appropriation of a suitable vehicle. Dan seemed to understand that information was a powerful weapon, acknowledging the threat of the snitch, and Cloak thought she might understand why he wanted her here so much. This was, indeed, her kind of job. She'd done similar tasks in the past, if for semi-legal businesses and not gangs.

As soon as Dan yelled, she instinctively knew the answer, not bothering to pause to warn him as she knew he would take a second at most to identify the threat, and she was slower than he was. Cloak cursed herself for failing to notice the bomb as Dan attempted to protect her, wondering how the hell she could've been lax enough to fail to scan the ship for active explosives. Some spy she was! She'd only guessed the answer when asked outright! Protected as she was, the explosion mainly damaged her ears, although it did knock her over, and she stared blankly at Dan as he tried to say something.

A second later, still a little dazed, she shoved him away, clambering unsteadily to her feet and looking at the damage. Had that been an assassination attempt? If so, they would be lucky if there weren't more bombs, she'd have to - have to... What would she have to do again? Her head was spinning as she dropped to the ground, employing a breathing pattern to try and re-calibrate.

"Are you okay?"

Everything sounded like it was underwater, including her own voice, but her head was already beginning to clear a little, enough for her to know the obvious next action.

"R8, initiate shadow scan for active explosives on the limits of this ship. Catalogue likely secret points of entry to the ship."

This done, she tried to focus her eyes on Dan to check the damage. A piece of shrapnel was driven through his left side, and she winced to see it, suddenly becoming aware of a myriad of much smaller pieces of shrapnel piercing her front, especially on the left side. A flash of anger thrilled through her. She was not going to take this lying down! At least once she got her balance back anyway. Bombs were stupid for a reason - even with traces you could track the origin of the components, the make, and which types were preferred by which people. She was going to pin the one who did this, track them, tag them and all of their associates, then find a really good assassin. Or let Dan kill them, that was also an option. Or recruitment if they seemed good enough. Why would they recruit someone who wanted to kill them? Well, everyone had their reasons didn't they? She had her reasons, and her own stupid mistakes too...

(OOC: She definitely has a mild head injury...)

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2014, 02:12:47 pm »
Dan crawled until he reached the wall. He stood up, using the wall to help. How could someone slip a bomb in his favorite chair, in his office? How could they do that? The furniture costed, the books were destroyed... Everything he had in that office was gone.

"I think I know who is the bomber." He said, reaching for Kaliyia's shoulder. "The medical bay, we need to g--" his voice broke into a serie of cough, spilling blood on the floor. "No one can access that zone except the medic and me... It's safe there."

He stumbled and walked toward the medical bay, four doors after Kalyia's room.

As he entered, his knees went floppy and he felt. His breath was short and labored. Blood was spilling from his left side and mouth.

He stood up again, walking painfully to a table.

"Initiate scan!" He yelled as he lied down. "Cloak, come here. You need to be scanned for more damage..." He was fighting against fainting.

<The medical scanner voice> <Beginning report:>
-Light head trauma;
-major elbow injury;
-no vital organ damage;
-light burns;
-Your arm is broken again;

Mister Dan, I advise you to use our medical pods for tissue reconstruction.
<Report ended>

Dan looked at Cloak with misty eyes. He was crying.

"I am sorry! We shouldn't have met in these conditions! Now I go you almost killed! Why am I cursed to see everyone I love die!..."

He rolled down from the table, hitting the floor harder then a ton of bricks, and crawled to a medical pod. He was ashamed, he said something he wasn't sure of.

― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2014, 12:54:29 pm »
Cloak watched as Dan crawled towards the wall, vaguely wondering why he was putting in the effort. Wait, did he think there was still danger? Her ring would've - oh wait, it was showing a display. Quickly, she checked it as much as she was able. Funny, her vision seemed to be shifting a bit, so she couldn't really pin it down... There appeared to be almost thirty- twenty- two, other active explosives, anyway, she'd have to ask about that. She didn't really notice when Dan began to talk, but when blood spattered on the ground beside her, she looked up quickly enough to give herself a headache. Did he, say something about medical stuff? That would make sense. She nodded slightly, unwilling to risk moving her head too much, then dragged herself unsteadily to her feet to follow after him, walking securely enough save for when she lost her balance and swayed alarmingly. She was better off than Dan though.

She lurched forwards to catch him as he fell, bleeding more than she felt comfortable with, and managed to support his head with her arm. He stood up again soon after though, and she moved to sit cross-legged on the floor, head spinning from her sudden movement. She could hear him better when he yelled, but the words were still indistinct. Cloak could see that he looked faint though, tilting her head slowly to the side in an attempt to see him better. Her left ear popped and she yelped at the sensation, her normal hearing partially returning in time for her to understand the words 'tissue reconstruction'. She still couldn't see straight, but she could hear the emotion in Dan's voice as he spoke, and suspected that he might be crying a little. She was shocked by what he said, in a way, although in another way it made perfect sense, he was in shock after all.

"No need to, uh, to, feel sorry for anything, I'm sure it's all, fine... I mean, I'm dangerous anyway. Wait, I live a dangerous life. Sort of. I guess I've never been in that much danger before, and did you just say that you loved me? Let's ignore this conversation when we're better okay? Why are your medical pods pink? Or is that just me? And I, am not, dead. So not everyone."

Her own mortality on her mind, she tried to think how to get herself scanned. Start scan? Not really professional. Scan me, was even worse...

"Initiate scan? If you even obey random passengers? Can I have a scan?"

Offline Lloyd Orodelo

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 04:29:54 pm »
The medical scanner voice: <Beginning report:>...

The scanner gave a full report of the damage Cloak had taken, including a mild head trauma.

Dan stood up in the medical pod, and... extract the metal shard from his body in a small grunt. "A souvenir for you, Honey!" He said, throwing it away. He stripped and ripped his cloths off.

The pod close on Dan, filling with matrix fluid. A mask attached on his face, letting him breath freely. He felt asleep, put in an artificial coma by the fluid tank.

-An hour passed- (OoC: if you don't want to describe that hour, jump in a pod)

Dan came out of the Pod, tumbling. his body was repaired but pain was still there. He looked around, looking for Cloak. "Cloak? Cloak, were are you?" He yelled with a rusty voice.

In a locker, he took a white dressing gown to hide his nudity.

― Albert Einstein

Rising

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 10:55:23 am »
Well, she wasn't that badly injured. Dan's coat had probably helped. Cloak was a veritable collection of minor scrapes and shallow wounds, although it was going to be hell to pull out all of the little pieces. Luckily, she had some Remphis on her, although actual medical grade drugs were probably a better idea. She really needed some Rem right now though. Her worst injuries were the trauma to her head and the near-severing of her left index finger, which she'd somehow failed to notice. Honestly, she was trying not to notice it - it was disgusting, to say the least, and it hurt almost more than her hip had when she'd fallen and broken it. In seven places. She noticed that Dan was getting into a pod, and winced as the piece of metal clattered on the floor beside her. It was covered in blood, glistening unpleasantly in the white light of the medical bay. By the time she'd looked up from it, Dan was already in the pod. Well, this was slightly awkward.

Cloak definitely wanted the accelerated healing the pods offered for her finger and head, but she knew that if they healed wrong she'd have a bit of a problem, and the idea of healing around the shrapnel in her abdomen was revolting. Slowly and carefully, she stood up, and walked over to one of the examination tables, sitting there to settle her spinning head, then moving across the room to retrieve some tweezers, painkillers, needle, thread and a scalpel from conveniently labelled drawers. She'd start with the painkillers, stitch up her finger just enough to hold it together properly, pull out the metal, and cut free anything that stuck. Her stomach rolled unpleasantly and her headache increased to match. At least she was rational now, right? With her luck she'd be healing at the fastest possible rate, and it probably wasn't a bad injury. Although she knew from her dad that head injuries were often deceptive... She'd have to take a test to assess how bad it was. 

Half an hour later, her body was free of metal, although she'd found another piece stuck in her back that hadn't been fun to get out, her finger was vaguely more recognisable, and she was beginning to stray into the songs her mother used to sing her when she didn't concentrate. She'd taken a short assessment for her injury, and she'd probably be fine using the pods - she'd set it to scan her brain more thoroughly at intervals and eject her immediately if it started to heal wrong. She was probably being paranoid, but this was important. She stripped efficiently, cursing the damage to her clothes and taking care not to agitate her wounds, folded her clothes, left her contacts on the side, then climbed into a pod.

-31 minutes later- (OOC: I've used your formatting for simplicity's sake. Also, I'm saying it'll take less time because she's less injured, but also because it means they're out at the same time.)

Cloak regained consciousness as fluid began to drain from the pod, her head feeling clearer and the sounds of the liquid gurgling clear in her ears. A second later, the pod opened, and she stepped firmly out of it, her coordination entirely back to normal. In hindsight, she'd cut herself up a bit when extracting those pieces of metal... She was all healed up now though, aside from a lingering soreness where she had been injured. She pulled her hands tightly over her scalp to rid her hair of as much of the strange goop she had been submerged in as possible. She much preferred the ray healing back home, or at least the one where what you were submerged in was a proper liquid, not a strange, goopy fluid. Now she needed to shower again, and she wouldn't be able to for at least another hour - they'd have to sort out any remaining threats and collect evidence of the explosive first.

As she walked forwards into the room, Cloak noticed Dan standing there in a white dressing gown, and smiled slightly.

"Hey, good to see you aren't dead. I haven't got an outdoor key." She let herself smirk a little to show that she was joking - she had no doubt her card would unlock the doors to get off the ship. She looked down at her abdomen, glad to see that although there were small pink marks where she'd been injured, her skin dye was otherwise intact. She would've hated having to dye it again so soon. Her finger also appeared to be fully healed, and mobile, and the stitches had dissolved by themselves, which was good. She was fully ready to find out who had done this. Although a towel would be appreciated. She didn't have a problem with nudity, but she hated being covered in this stuff.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal