Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Common men [open]  (Read 1141 times)

masonwolf

Common men [open]
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:39:03 am »
Cancer was full of bars but the Charred Keg was one of the smaller ones in Cancer. Many pirates, Mercs and Assassins come and set aside their differences at the door to enjoy a bit of alcohol. One of these patrons was sitting at the corner table with a cylinder of purple alcohol that wasn't as good as the whiskey but it worked, he was the only blonde haired individual in the bar and dressed in assault armor and a duster over that.

He was looking through job offers on his holopad which was a older yet reliable model. most of the jobs were basic "Teach this guy a lesson" or "Steal this back for me" jobs with low pay. All he wanted was a high paying job or something interesting to walk through the doors that he could see from his seat.

Kor-thalos

Re: Common men [open]
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 10:53:37 am »
Through the door to the dusty, dingy bar walked the unidentifiable humanoid Kor-Thalos, his black armour and duster coat prominently pointing him out, but not in the way he disliked. He ordered a strange drink that looked like motor oil and poured it into a small opening, drinking it heavily, a chitinous chittering could be heard as he moved his arm to observe his holo-pad built into his suit.

Glossing over all of the chaff that was here he decided to get another drink and this time went to sit down, spying a table in the corner with a blonde vagrant sat in it, he walked over and asked simply the voice changer in his helmet doing it's best to hide the clicking noise that he made as he spoke, however obviously failing "Can I sit here a while?" He'd learned that people in these areas aren't that big on talking most of the time so he left talking to a minimum as he awaited the answer.

masonwolf

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 12:27:45 pm »
Tristan looked up from his holopad and looked at the armored insect in front of him "Sure, I'm gettin' bored just looking through job requests." He chuckled as he thought about going to Libra to find other work for a while. he lifted up his glass and took a small drink before leaning back into his seat with the sound of his armor moving with his body.

"So what brings you here?"

Kor-thalos

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 12:37:32 pm »
After looking at the holopad and his suit absorbing a lot of the information on the screen he sat down, grinning underneath his headgear "By the look of your holopad, the exact same reason as you my fellow assassin". He said it lowly being so new to this star system but agreed, "You think there is nothing worth doing yes, hence the boredom, I'm very much inclined to agree with you."
Kor-Thalos observed this man and accessed the database he had access to, this man was impressive and he said simply "I'm impressed by your track record thus far I must admit".

masonwolf

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 01:53:11 pm »
"I'll be totally honest with you, 13 of those accounts of murder, they had it coming." He said as he lifted his glass to his lips then Downed his drink. he set his glass on the table and noticed a new job popping up. "A Cargo carrier needs people to help protect cargo from the inside... Maybe this could be my job of the day."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 09:14:32 pm »
In a dank alley more or less across from the bar, a silent, yet horrifying scene was ensuing.

There was a man, about as generic of any thug around Cancer, pushed up against the wall by another thug-looking type. The thug pinning the other to the wall had a hand on the pinned man's exposed temple, and a steady stream of soft, white energy was streaming from the pinned man's eyes into the mouth of his assailant.

Occasionally, he would emit a pained gasp, or a dull moan, but nothing loud enough to alert the people passing by the alley. On top of that, from outside observation, the alley would appear empty.

Finally, the man pinned against the wall slumped over, the white stream ceasing as his assailant let him drop to the ground like a discarded can of nutrient drink. Kruz'Iik looked over the man who's mind and memories he had just consumed, and left the alley, rejoining the steady stream of pedestrians.

The man that stepped out of the alley wore a tight, reinforced trench coat buckled closed, and a wide-brimmed had with a paired mouth respirator. It looked around for a few moments, before heading straight into the bar.

Upon entering, he took the only open seat at the bar, and the bartender approached him. Curiously enough, the bartender walked up to him, only to pause, then look around curiously for a few moments before going to serve Kruz'Iik a drink. As he waited, he glanced around the bar, the armored men sharing a table catching his interest the most. One a human, one an insect.

Interesting.

He must have been staring for a good few seconds, because when he turned back around, his drink was already in front of him. Some alien cocktail he'd never had before...

Kor-thalos

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 03:01:07 am »
(Just to clarify my armour makes it so you can't tell what's under it unless I remove the helmet btw)
Kor-Thalos smiled "I ain't here to eat you out or make comment at you" he took a sip of his motor oil looking alcoholic sludge and smiled "I may be persuaded to join you, I have my own ship after all. But It'll go into the cargo hold, now depending on you ... Are you going to take the job AND the inventory or just the job? Either way, I'll do some work with you, you seem like a fun guy."

At the exact moment he chitter ex and his helmet amplified it, receiving the waves again gave him a 360 degree view of the room, he frowned a little at the doorway and the man there, he looked normal enough, but that was using visible light spectrum, his sonar picked him up but oddly, like his body didn't exist, and it was only when he switched to his database mode and realised the man stood there didn't exist he grew suspicious.

Turning to his newfound drinking buddy he said cautiously "If were gonna leave do it quickly, that man over there by the doorway ... Is using some kind of perception altering ability or device"

masonwolf

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 12:04:02 pm »
"What?" he whispered as he looked to the door and saw the man. "I'll pass on the Job, I just remembered that I have Family to visit." He got up from his seat and left a few credits on the table and walked out with his handgun in it's holster and combat knife on his shoulder.

He Kept walking until he got to the ramp where his ship was docked and began typing in the code before unclipping the lock on his holster and looking behind him. when he thought the coast was clear he finished the code and opened the hatch to the tunnel that led to his ship, he looked out the window to see a small fleet of ships just outside of Cancer exchanging supplies among each other. the Emblem on the flagship was not one found in the system but recent reports from all over the system say they were the Wolfen Republic's Exploration and war fleet.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 10:59:47 pm »
(Well, Kruz'Iik's a master psion and can read minds at the drop of a hat. He didn't know you were an jnsect by sight, he nust glanced at your mind and read the barebones information about your physiology and stuff)

Kruz'Iik, although he appeared to be occupied with his drink, was actually picking through the minds of everyone in the bar simultaneously, save for the man and the insect. The insect was from a species he had never encountered before, and he intended to get at all that juicy information. And even though he wasn't looking at them directly, didn't mean he had eyes.

For the rest of the time Kor and Tristan were in the bar, random patrons would glance at them occasionally, and then return to their drinks or conversations, completely unaware that they had just been used as a Mindshifter's looking glass.

When Tristan and Kor left, Kruz'Iik took his time to finish his drink before leaving. The bartender went to object to his lack of payment, but again, he just looked confused fir a few seconds before returning to work.

As Kruz'Iik stepped out of the bar, his form instantaneously changed into that of a young courier as he crossed the doorway and exited it out onto the street. He even had a little storage packet to "deliver" in one hand and a datapad mounted in the other arm. Discretely, he tailed Tristan and Kor to Tristan's ship, coming up on the door to the tunnel just as they entered and it closed behind them. He decided to wait, projecting his consciousness so he could eavesdrop on the two.

masonwolf

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 08:54:51 am »
(Might as well skip Kor for now)

Tristan was alone in the tunnel, he looked at his datapad too see the time and began opening the door to his ship when he noticed the strange presence. he looked back to the entrance to the tunnel which had a window and saw the "Delivery boy" and chuckled a little bit. "Sorry chap, I gotta run. you can give it to me when I get back on station."

He said before fully opening and closing the ship's airlock door behind him and walked to the bridge before disengaging the boarding locks to the station and took off warping away from the station's area.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:56:57 am by masonwolf »

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 10:03:32 pm »
Kruz'Iik was delighted that Tristan had taken the time to have a bit of a joke. All it took was a few seconds of digging, and Kruz'Iik had his mind locked onto Tristan's. Nothing he would feel, of course, and no mind-probing either. Just a good old fashioned mental signature lock.

As Tristan's ship pulled out of the station, Kruz'Iik did something only a Mindshifter of his age and experience could perform. In a moment, the physical form he was using disintegrated, setting his mind free from any physical constraints like matter or physics. He had turned himself into a psychic ghost, a presence detectable only by other psychics.

With a thought, he was situated in Tristan's ship, his mind spread out over every inch of hull and wiring. He wasn't planning on doing anything, just hitching a ride to wherever Tristan was headed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal