Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Monkey Exhibit!  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

The Monkey Exhibit!
« on: January 29, 2014, 12:43:47 pm »
The Shiny New Monkey Exhibit Has Been Unveiled!

Anticipated to be one of the zoo's most popular exhibits, these monkeys are lively, active, and sure to amuse and entertain! Roughly two feet tall when standing with black and white fur and long, fluffy, prehensile tails, they're adorable, as well! Watch as they somersault through the enclosure's trees and play on the tire swing! Just don't tap on the glass. That's rude.

Be sure to stop by the gift shop later so you can take home one of your very own monkeys, in plushie form!

Out of courtesy to your fellow guests, please adhere to these Monkey Exhibit rules:
  • Keep posts short and sweet.
  • Don't worry about posting order.
  • If you find yourself posting rapid fire with one other person, consider splintering off into a private thread!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:47:43 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

Re: The Monkey Exhibit!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 01:10:16 am »
Cameron wasn't sure what to do here.

Libra made such a big to-do about this huge new zoo.  Seemed like a good place to...maybe do something normal?  See what someone living on Libra was supposed to do with their time here?

Now he found himself standing in front of what he was pretty sure was the largest monkey exhibit in the known galaxy.  Above, clouds scudded along an artificial sky.

...was he just supposed to stand here and stare at them or what?

flybat3

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 08:14:13 am »
The huge new zoo meant one thing, crowds. Crowds meant some money, which in turn means food. Plus monkeys, which were suppose to be adorable. This was going to be fun.

Fay stood by the cage. She hadn't ever been to a zoo before though. She trapped on the glass, trying to catch one of the monkeys attention, and one just yawned, displaying its huge teeth. She calmed a bit after that. Monkeys...boring and cheeky.

"So we just...watch them?" She asked the guy that was staring at the cage.

Offline Tally

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:05:14 pm »
Was she...was she talking to him?  Cameron looked about, but there was no one else around them.

"I think so!  Um...or there's food?"

There was indeed a food court nearby.  A jungle gym modeled after the monkey exhibit itself sprawled out over in a play area for kids.

It felt awkward to talk to someone.  Cameron had to look a little strange.  His prosthetics were illegal on Libra.  If anyone suspected their strength, the authorities would remove them.  So he hid.  He wore a turtleneck and gloves, and he'd wound a bandage over his head to cover his artificial right eye completely.

"Oh!  And there's an archway!"

He pointed.  The exhibit itself arched over the path so that visitors could stand beneath and find themselves surrounded by the monkeys.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 11:15:45 pm »
It may have seemed a bit out of place, wearing a casual business suit to a zoo, but Bard always did like to look his best--and he couldn't have looked more awkward than the guy over there that was all bundled up like he was about to go skiing. And he was pretty sure the Libra didn't offer that. Who knows, it had a new zoo now, so maybe it did.

But here? It was a little warm. He assumed to simulate the climate of the monkeys' natural habitat.

He had stopped by the station earlier that week to pop into his shops (never failed, he always got a kick out seeing his employees running around in a panic during his surprise drop-ins) and decided to stick around a few extra days to get in on the new events. Why not? He had some extra time to kill.

Striding into the exhibit, he came to a stop near the bundled up guy and glanced upward at the archway and at the monkeys frolicking about. "Awful warm to bundle up, isn't it?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 11:26:56 pm »
Geez, all these people talking to him.  It made him nervous.

"Uh...is it?"

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 10:02:25 am »
Sarah stared at the furry creatures as they moved about in that slow motion common to most forms of life, arguing the merits of shattering the glass and grabbing a few to eat against the annoyances she'd have to deal with as a result. Unlike the humans around her they were supposedly related to, the monkeys were, for a given definition, graceful, agile, seemingly intelligent, and swift. In other words, the polar opposite of the supposedly superior species. <Hey, you. Monkey. What do your kind taste like?>, she idly asked one of the creatures privately. To a nearby human, she asked, <Human. Is this some sort of farm?>, she asked, <If so, do you think they give samples?>.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline Tally

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 10:51:07 pm »
Jordan figured he could stop by the monkey exhibit on his way to the petting zoo.  Apparently their monkey enclosure was pretty awesome!

He arrived just in time to see the zoo's mascot appear, some dude in a full-on monkey fur suit who cavorted about the crowd.  He was so distracted, he almost didn't register that someone was asking him a question.

"What?  Oh!  No, no."  He chuckled.  "It's a zoo, not a farm.  Y'know, so people can see lots of fascinating animals and watch them?  Anyway if you're hungry they have food courts."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:24:10 pm by Tally »

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 11:50:07 am »
The idea sounded as stupid as the human in the monkey suit looked. <You keep potential prey in fancy cages just to have humans come in and stare at them all day? That's it? No eating? No work? No purpose at all but to be stared at? You don't even chase them or have them fight? And I thought humans were dumb before...>, Sarah responded, <If you're going to corral them, at least see if they taste good.>, she added in a 'tone' that suggested a parent scolding a child for wastefulness.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

Mechanic Sarah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline Tally

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 09:28:36 pm »
The mascot was now climbing on the jungle gym.  They were doing pretty well, actually!  Must be someone athletic under all that fabric and fur.

"Umm..."  How exactly did one explain a zoo?  "Well, I guess you could say they are here to nourish the human spirit?  If that makes sense?  Because people like to see new and interesting things and there's no convenient way for anyone on the station to ever see these monkeys?"

He must have been explaining it wrong because that sounded awfully stupid.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 12:20:58 am »
The mascot was swinging on the monkey bars, much to the delight and amusement of a group of children, and WHAM! A blur of black and white streaked though the air and pelted the mascot right in the stomach. He fell to the sawdust below, flailing, as...

As an actual monkey scrambled around on top of them and tugged at their mask.

It took a moment. It was several seconds before the onlookers registered that an actual monkey was loose from its cage, off a leash, and this was not scripted judging by the startled shouts of the woman in the suit.

And in those few seconds, several other monkeys came racing around the bend, from the direction of the back end of the exhibit.

"Oh, my god!" someone yelled, followed my more shouts of, "The monkeys are loose!" right as a pack of fluffy, black and white monkeys descended upon the crowd, snatching purses to check for food hidden within, stealing peoples' sodas, even grabbing a bottle from someone's stroller. One even climbed an older man's back and stole his hat, chattering wildly as it scampered off with it.

One ran around Sarah's legs, looking for goodies, and another pawed at Jordan's pants, knowing humans sometimes kept treats in their pockets.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:37:26 pm by Rhi-Rhi »

Offline Tally

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 10:49:04 pm »
"Oh...oh dear."  Jordan started to run to the mascot to help, then stopped short.  Monkeys were pouring around the curve from the other side of the exhibit.  Some were even climbing on top of it and leaping—screeching, en masse—into the trees and rooftops of other exhibits.

Jordan spun in a circle, unsure where to even begin!  He wasn't the only one, either.  People ran in every direction, utterly lost.

One of the critters started in with harassing Sarah.

"Shoo, shoo!"  Jordan waved at it to try and scare it off, even while another tugged at his clothes.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 08:13:10 am »
Sarah's reaction to the monkey running between her legs was swift, even for her, and the monkey had scarcely begun looking for treats when it suddenly found itself at eye level with her, its neck in  her left hand, and its hair and waste already being converted into magic. <... What a stupid place to go, monkey. Are you that brave, or that stupid?>, she asked it even she used earth magic to form a steel cage around the one that had started to harass her. She'd see how the monkey in her hand tasted before bothering with the others. Sarah began closing her hand into a fist, giving the monkey time to notice that she intended to kill it.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Offline Tally

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 09:37:46 pm »
Jordan staggered back a step.  Everyone around them was freaking out but Sarah was calm as could be!

"Uh, what...what are you doing with that monkey?  Come on, we should really go and get out of the staff's way."

Frankly he thought the real danger here was from people, not a few loose monkeys.  Everyone just needed to calm down a bit!

Dreamwolf

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 10:48:26 am »
Fenrir had come to the zoo to see the wolves, not the monkeys, but as he entered the area a small black and white form slammed into his gut. Reacting instinctively he grabbed the animal by the tail and pinned it to the wall.

"Great." He shook his head. Things like this always seemed to happen when he visited a station.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal