Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Oh, hey there [GIR]  (Read 541 times)

Katie

Oh, hey there [GIR]
« on: November 19, 2013, 03:12:00 am »
There was somebody inside her range. Which, okay, wasn't too impressive. There were a lot of people inside her range, since it covered half of the docks. But this person was psychic.

Medea hadn't noticed before because she'd been focusing on white noise to keep the rest of the crew from knocking her out--it was just after the beginning of the Mimi-tan's night cycle, and if she paid attention to them falling asleep, it made her too tired to do anything. Now that they were done and she could pay attention, though--the other psychic was right there, maybe even right next to them.

She hardly ever got to talk to people like her. Working with or against them was pretty common, but she hadn't had an actual conversation for a while.

So, very carefully, Medea sent: hello.

It wasn't just the word. It carried an impression of curiosity, and, most importantly, the knowledge that the sender was perfectly prepared to be ignored if she was intruding.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
Re: Oh, hey there [GIR]
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 09:55:49 am »
Sarah rarely slept. Part of it was her nature as a Draconian, which made sleep almost unnecessary for her. Part of it was the fact that, even with the extra time her speed and time perception gave her, there simply weren't enough seconds in the day for her to have any desire to do something as (in her opinion) useless and wasteful as sleeping. There were always things to check, things to build, people to put up with, creatures to hunt, dry, and store, jobs to complete, and a plethora of other things. It was for this reason that Sarah was awake and in the process of coming up with designs in an attempt to improve the ship's engines when the thought that wasn't her own entered her mind.

<Hello.>

The thought made her freeze, and, for half a millisecond, she considered sounding the alarm, but reason won out and Sarah settled for responding, <Yes, I happen to love people speaking to me in the middle of my work. You wouldn't happen to be thinking of doing a little breaking and entering, would you?>. Standard sarcastic fluff to hold the other's attention while Sarah pulled her senses into the magical plane, sweeping the ship for any magic that shouldn't be there, which would be a telltale sign of an intruder. After all, anything with a mind existed on the magical plane, even those that couldn't use magic themselves.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Katie

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 02:28:09 pm »
Oh, absolutely, Medea sent dryly, My captain loves tangling with the Reds. Cancer protected its business interests, and part of that was making sure the docks weren't more unsafe than most pirates were willing to handle. Which meant, in practice, that they did nothing about personal violence but cracked down on anything that happened to the ships.

Look, I did say you could ignore me.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 01:20:50 pm »
The other female's sarcasm did litle to impress Sarah. <Well, given the junk information you sent along with that word, I'm guessing you're a human. Humans tend to be fairly stupid.>, Sarah growled in response, <By the way, you may not want to send human emotions to a nonhuman. Your species should learn to quit assuming every other species has the same minds.>.

<No, you didn't. I'm assuming you were trying to imply it with that gibberish you added on to your greeting, but you seem to have not noticed that I'm not a member of your species. Something that should have been obvious if you were reading my mind or sensing my presence.>, Sarah countered, <But, since you've already interrupted, what do you want?>.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal