Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: A visit to the slammer. [Anona!]  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: A visit to the slammer. [Anona!]
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 10:57:55 pm »
When Makayla started choking, Arrow stared at her with wide eyes, mind racing. She'd learned during a first aid course in school that as long as the person was coughing, their airway was still clear, but she still glanced around in search of any patrolling Pilots or ATC personnel, just in case she needed help.

Gah, hopefully it wasn't anything she said! Though she understood that the whole bit about the Pilots not interfering could be kind of tough to swallow for Greenies.

"Er...you okay?" she asked awkwardly, which she realized was a stupid question to ask when someone was in he middle of a coughing fit. Of course Makayla couldn't answer!

Fortunately, Makayla recovered, and Arrow relaxed--only to nearly choke on a bite of beans at what Makayla said then.

"Oh, gosh, no!" she said, laughing. "That's...I mean, thank you! That's super nice of you! But er...it...well, I try to avoid the fights and stuff! And a lot of those candidates are higher level." She scratched the back of her neck. "I dunno...things can get crazy when the telekinesis comes out and stuff. And lightning...that could really hurt someone, couldn't it?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anona

Re: A visit to the slammer. [Anona!]
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 09:49:13 pm »
Makayla frowned at the response, one eyebrow beginning to creep upwards slowly in confusion.  Had Arrow though she meant for starting fights?  It might be a good idea to clarify.  “Well… Obviously avoid fights when you can, no sense in doing it for sport… but still, you can’t always just run away from a bully.  That’s what it means to be a pilot, after all, standing up to people who would cause us harm.  At least, that’s how I see it.”

With a sigh, she leaned back on the bench, almost looking like she might tip off backwards for a second or two.  Brow furrowed and lips puckered in concentration, her blue eyes fiercely examining the ceiling, it took a few seconds before Makayla would continue the conversation.

“I’m… almost positive that telekinesis could be dealt with.  Even if the people in charge like us fighting a little, they wouldn’t want the place ripped apart, and anything made to be moved I’m sure we could handle in a survival situation.  A few of the other powers I’d worry about, especially telepathy and empathy given my very limited understanding of them at this time.”

Eventually deciding to lean forward again, Makayla’s expression didn’t change much, though her eyes now held on Arrow intently as her fingers re-knitted just in front of her mouth, obscuring her lips from view.

“As for lightning… well, I know I don’t have enough juice to do much real harm, and you know that too… but no one else needs to be aware of my personal limitations… if everyone here treats it the way you have, or even remotely close, a few loose arks should be enough to scare off most folks, especially if it came alongside a coupe other little tricks…”

There was another few seconds pause, during which Makayla only continued to stare at Arrow through narrowed eyes, but then rather suddenly the electrokinetic seemed to relax, sitting up a little with a return of her cheery grin and roving gaze.  Her tone changed as well, much less dour and serious as she delved into a new topic of conversation head first.

“So, do you know how I’m supposed to find my room?  I kinda zoned out on the way in here and missed it… you know, taking in all the sights and such.”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal