Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Ground (Paradox/ Roxy)  (Read 1545 times)

Paradox

Re: Ground (Paradox/ Roxy)
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2013, 05:53:50 am »
(ooc: Agreed. I will be editing this post later today and replacing this message with my closing post in this thread. However, I wanted to add my two cents for Roxy here.

I honestly cannot see simple cops being sent to a place like Midhaven after someone they've already proven that they cannot catch or kill. Their superiors would view such action as a complete waste of time and resources when soldiers (psychics or mages) or even bounty hunters with better equipment suited for combating such things would be SO much more effective.

Bebe has never had to work with Cahal or Murdock before either. She may have worked with Murdock before but never Cahal.  I assume they're from different districts so they'd need a reason to be forced into each other's company again ...because I'm sure B.B. would just love working with Blockhead again. /sarcasm  Perhaps they're looking for the same criminal (not Edyth) who escapes to Midhaven...

Cahal is presently trying to solve a murder case of a Senator that has some rather unusual circumstances. A murder-suicide at the Citadel which is being played out in another thread which happens before this on in my character's timeline. So he may be looking for a relative of the murderer who committed suicide to see if he could shed some more light on the situation or something to that affect.

In hunting down this other criminal...he could accidentally run into B.B. and eventually Edyth lol... *shrugs*

OR I suppose the department could , for whatever reason, choose to send Cahal,Murdock and B.B. with some random psychic NPC to hunt Edyth down?

Dunno. x3)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:51:01 pm by Paradox »

Roxy

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 10:54:16 am »
[I agree x3 with the fun-ness of this thread and with Mr. Dox.  :3 Physically speaking at least I think these cops are pretty much stymied, and it wouldn’t be wise for them to pursue someone as powerful as Edyth is (...........despite what a certain *cough*idiot*hack* of mine may think >_>), at least not without a third psychic party.  The po-po dept. should really come with emergency equipment in times like these, but like Mr. Dox mentioned, that’d be a waste considering that there ARE more well-equipped individuals.

Which isn’t to say that one OR both of them can’t come across Edyth again.  The latter would be a stretch, but feasible, like with the scenarios presented above. 

At any rate, would love to RP with y’all again, with B.B. or other charries.  :3  Great thread!]

Paradox

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 12:46:16 am »
ooc- And this, I believe, is the thread's closing post. 

Bébé, you mad? *Cahal trollface*

ic-

It did not end how he expected it to. Cahal felt the part of his body that wasn't artificial felt tense, skin thinly coating with sweat. Fear gripped him, held him fast in place and forced him to just freeze. His mind was turbulent but on the outside he looked like ice. He kept thinking over his choices. Was he doing the right thing? Could this woman be trusted to make a peaceful exit? He was ready to try to shoot her if he was wrong. His heart dropped into the pit of his stomach when she spoke to his mind. He was expecting her mood to shift unpredictably and for her to kill him or his partner or the panicked people fleeing the area. Because that's what TRIM's screw-ups were like...unpredictabl e monsters.

But the words that brushed his mind somewhat surprised him.

Thank you. I will never forget this, no matter what happens. But if you would...Tell my parents that I love them. I can ask no more.

Cahal stared at her, not thinking and not daring to move. What? After all this trouble and she wanted him to do her a favor? However , the request she made somewhat softened his image of her. She seemed less monsterous though he never neglected his own instincts. He wouldn't let his guard down completely, but he wasn't quite as fearful as he had been earlier because he thought he perceived a glimpse of humanity through the cracks of her unstable being.

He blinked then , slowly he half-nodded. I...er. Sure. I'll see what I can do.   He wasn't entirely sure if he could meet such a request though. Learning who her parents were would require information he wasn't simply allowed to access without good reason. The Chief wouldn't grant him access without good cause.

He watched her leave, but didn't move to follow. When she jumped though, Cahal gasped. Did she just...? He ran over to the guard railing separating the street from a significant drop. He leaned over it, peering down into the busy streets far below, his usual deadpan expression replaced with a look of dismay. He supposed that if the woman had indeed committed suicide then it was for the best. TRIM wouldn't get their hands on her, and he wouldn't get chewed out for not trying harder to capture or neutralize her. Still...he couldn't help feel disappointed. If she was going to go and do THAT, why not just let him shoot her? A bullet between the eyes would have likely been over a lot quicker than jumping off an overpass.

A drop that would certainly have killed her unless...

And what happened next left him nearly as baffled as Bébé. Sure, he'd seen some pretty strange aliens visit Aedolis before , but he'd never seen quite something like THAT. "Wow," Cahal had to admit that he was somewhat impressed. If only the department had some sort of useful gadgets like that! It'd make his job a hell of a lot easier, that was for sure!

She can...fly? Though judging by the awkward spiraling and her continued path down, it did not seem like she was incredibly adept at it and the speed was...well, if she didn't direct the jet thrusters right and slow her descent ,she was going to wind up a smear on the street below. Cahal frowned as the woman just vanished from view.

Glancing over at Bébé now, he could tell that the elf was pissed off at him.  He was beginning to suspect that she was the type who didn't like to lose. He knew that she was going to pursue. Cahal was smart enough not to get in her way either. If she wanted to try , she was more than welcome to it. His gut told him she'd hit a dead end.

He watched her leave, sighed and then tried to calm the panicked people in the area.

Predictably, the police arrived at Cahal's location while the military had sent some of its soldiers to the locations Bébé had directed. It was a fruitless endeavor. Edyth had managed to elude them.

Cahal tried to explain himself after calm had been restored to the area , but the chief cut him off, " I don't want to hear it right now, Agent Cahal." The man replied sharply, clearly not pleased with the outcome of the situation," You're coming with me to my office. Now. There are things we need to discuss."

"Someone's got his panties in a bunch, eh? Heheh. " Murdock muttered as he walked past them. He slapped Cahal on the shoulder, "Ya did what ya could."

Cahal wasn't so sure and he had a feeling the Chief wasn't going to see it that way. Maybe he should have tried harder? He sighed and followed the man obediently to the police car. It wasn't like he had a choice. "Yes, sir."

Thread Conclusion

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal