Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: A technical objection is the first refuge of a scoundrel(Rhi)  (Read 15702 times)

paganchick

Re: A technical objection is the first refuge of a scoundrel(Rhi)
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2013, 07:02:54 pm »
Neo turned to Ari as he began to speak, looking at him funny with her head tilted to the side. He sounded weird and she couldn't help but burst out laughing, to her, Ari sounded extremely high pitched. She fell back on the cot laughing so hard. Then abruptly she stopped, grabbing her long sleeve shirt and pulling it on, the floor was cold, the cot was cold, the pitiful piece of fabric that was meant to be a blanket was cold, and worst of all, she was cold.

She put her back against the bars as she sat on the cot, her eyes looking somewhere up above Ari's head, she seemed to be really intently staring at something. If you watched her though you could tell the drowsiness was kicking in. Each time she blinked her eyes would stay shut for a bit longer than the time before. It was also pretty clear she was fighting it.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2013, 07:28:33 pm »
Ari's eyebrows lifted, very slowly, and he stared at her for several moments before managing a quiet, "...Uh huh."

Yep. Someone was trippin' balls.

He turned and left the room for a few minutes, and returned later with a bottle of water. He slipped it through the bars--with the shit she'd be given and the blood she'd lost, she'd be thirsty when she came to--and then turned, ready to leave for the night. "Try not to hurt yourself," he said, and flipped off the lights.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

paganchick

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2013, 07:46:13 pm »
Neo leaned forward as Ari walked in, squinting slightly, what she was seeing, the gods only knew but it was weird and she seemed a bit disturbed by it. She pulled her shirt over her knees and curled into a tight ball as she sat there in silence for a moment.

"Can I has a blanket?" She asked, making a weird face as she spoke, she sounded weird too but even though you could tell she heard something weird she gave Ari the biggest puppy dog, innocent eyes possible.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:50:07 pm by paganchick »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2013, 10:31:24 pm »
Hearing her voice, Ari flipped the light on again and peered over his shoulder at her. Ah, puppy eyes. Really? A wry smile twisted his lips and tilted his head as though to better hear her.

"Pardon?"

Not only was her voice funny, not only was she acting way too cutesy all of a sudden, but she already had a blanket in there.

And he couldn't quite decide, yet, if he liked the drugged version of her better.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

paganchick

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2013, 10:47:50 pm »
Where the usual Neo would have gotten an attitude and made a comment about how Ari must be getting old and needs some hearing aids, doped up Neo didn't seem fazed by having to restate her question.

"I am cold, can I has another blanket?" She asked her voice was soft, and oddly enough, almost bubbly. She pulled the blanket she already had tightly around her form, but it wasn't doing much good at trying to keep her warm and toasty.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2013, 11:13:25 pm »
"Ya already got a blanket there," Ari said, nodding to the one wrapped about her. "Make the most of it. Made your bed, consequences, etcetera and all that."

paganchick

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2013, 04:48:53 am »
Doped up Neo didn't seem too bothered by the answer, or at least not how nondoped up Neo would have been. She just sat there, shivering but not trying to scream or fight or argue, actually accepting her punishment.

"Okay," She said simply.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2013, 09:50:10 am »
Huh. No argument, huh? Taking it like a champ? He could work with that. It was probably because she was high as a kite, but good behavior was to be rewarded.

Striding over to one of the nearby crates, he pulled off the blanket that covered it, then passed it through the bars to Neo. It wasn't anything fancy, and it was a little scratchy, but it was also thick.

"There," he said, then turned to leave.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:55:36 pm by Rhi-Rhi »

paganchick

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2013, 01:55:07 pm »
Neo smiled softly at him as she took the blanket, her attitude completely different at the moment.
"Thank you," She said before pulling it over top the thinner blanket and curling up in a tight ball on the cot. She didn't say anything else, but finally stopped resisting the pull of sleep. It only took her a few moments before she was out cold.

She slowly opened her eyes, there was a bit of throbbing in her leg, but nothing like before. The cot and the blankets were moist from sweat, it seemed during the night she had started running a fever or something. She sat up slowly, her head throbbing and her mouth dry as cotton. She stretched, her bones popping and cracking before she saw the cup of water.
She all but lunged for it, taking it and sipping it without even checking what it was, it could have been rat poison and she wouldn't of cared, it was wet and that was all she cared about.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2013, 02:12:00 pm »
Ari was already down there, carrying a plate of pancakes.

"Ahh, you're up. Good. Sleep well, darlin'?" he asked, carrying the plate over but not yet handing it to her.

paganchick

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2013, 08:34:06 pm »
Neo squinted as she looked up, glaring a bit, it was clear at this point the drugs wore off. She crossed her arms and seemed to be considering his question, of course it was all in sarcasm.
"Hmm, well, I am locked in a cage, which I find oh so pleasant, sleeping on a cot, on the cold floor.... So like a baby,"She spoke, she didn't care if she had actually slept well. She knew it was all because of the drugs, and the next night, when she didn't have the drugs, she wouldn't sleep.

Neo saw the pancakes and she felt a little queasy, and was instantly uninterested in them.
"I don't want that food you got, I would much prefer a bucket of water, or something."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2013, 11:06:26 pm »
"Ya forgot the part where ya were shot," Ari cheerfully pointed out as he set the plate on the ground near the cell--near it, but just outside it.

"Anyway, you'll get water soon enough. But first, a recap: so, what have we learned over the past 24 hours?"

paganchick

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2013, 09:24:54 am »
Neo, paused thinking, not giving the food much interest, she had never been one to eat much and even when she did eat it was never actual food, it was always supplemented bars. 
"Well, I learned that I can't outrun a bullet, but I can take one with a bit of grace. That if I get injured I want to go to the medic on this ship, because he gives you the good shit," Neo paused, thinking a bit longer, "That I haven't lost my hacking skill... Hmm, that is about it. Oh yeah, I forget. You are a lying son of a bitch asshole.... Sometimes."

Neo leaned her head back against the cage, taking a deep breath, closing her eyes. Maybe she wasn't being fair with him, but of course, it was hard to be fair with someone when they had shot you and threatened to cut off your finger at some point.

"I think we would get along at lot better if you moved past the fact that you are the unlucky son of a bitch I decided to pick pocket, and I mean, I did get you your money back so it shouldn't be a big deal, and I will move on from the fact that you shot me," Neo said, not looking up at him.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2013, 12:16:45 pm »
Ari raised his eyebrows. "I lied?" he asked, smiling, and not yet touching the rest of what she'd said. "What was the lie, darlin'?"

paganchick

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2013, 01:13:37 pm »
If looks could kill once again, Ari would be dead. Neo glared up at Ari for a long moment in silence.
"Oh I suppose you don't remember that little agreement we had before I followed you to your ship and you shot me!" Neo spoke, her blood boiling inside her veins once more.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2013, 02:01:17 pm »
"Again I'll ask, what was the lie, darlin'? Repeat to me what our agreement was."

Ari decided to help her out a little. "I agreed to get ya on my ship. And I got ya on my ship. I didn't say anythin' about the 'how', and I sure as shit didn't promise not to shoot ya."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 02:03:27 pm by Rhi-Rhi »

paganchick

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2013, 02:43:48 pm »
Neo frowned, he could be right, she couldn't remember exactly, her mind was still too hazy to recall that far back, still she felt betrayed either way. What she did know what at that point Ari didn't have anything she wanted. He had food but she didn't want that, and yes he could go get water, but she wasn't going to beg.

So Neo went silent, laying back down on the cot, curling up under the blankets, she could always sleep so more. Maybe sleep until she withered away from starvation and dehydration.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2013, 06:40:25 pm »
No sassy remarks, eh?

Maybe her precarious situation was finally starting to register.

He settled down on the ground near her cage. "Now, listen. About this whole lettin' bygones be bygones thing...like I told ya, if you're serious about being crew, I'm willin' to letcha work for it. We're a ship of criminals, darlin'. I get it. I've done the petty thievin' shit too. But I gotta trust my crew, and ya didn't exactly make a stellar first impression. For one, let's get somethin' real straight--I'm the captain. What I say goes. And I don't negotiate. We clear on that? Because if ya can't handle followin' orders, then ya sure ain't cut out for this ship."

paganchick

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2013, 06:48:17 pm »
"Well threatening to cut someones pinky off and shooten'm in the leg ain't a nice way nor the best way to get what ya want either. If I am suppose to be a part of the crew I need to be able to trust ya as much as you need to be able to trust me," Neo replied, her back to Ari.

She wanted to ignore him, to try to prove some point by making herself miserable. Honestly though, her leg hurt pretty bad, and she didn't want to be down in the cage. It was a hell of a lot colder on the floor and in the cage then it was up the stars on the main deck, and the cold only made the pain worse. Logic was starting to win or her rebellious attitude.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2013, 07:06:17 pm »
"Wouldn't have had to threaten if ya would've cooperated, darlin'. But I ain't here to argue about who said and did what. I asked ya a simple question. Ya gonna be able to function here? Or am I gonna have to keep ya chained up back here like a rabid dog?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal