Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Need a tow truck? [Rhi!]  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Tally

Re: Need a tow truck? [Rhi!]
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 10:53:28 pm »
"Yep!"  Her smile could not have been brighter.  "No better place at all."

That was a good five minutes or so since she'd sent the request for docs on that ship.  It was just an educated guess, but the info was maybe another couple of minutes out from getting back to her.  Then her suspicions would either be confirmed or denied.

She left her sentence at that and lapsed into silence, interested to see how he might fill it, if he did so at all.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 11:01:44 am »
"I really owe ya one," Ari said and relaxed back into his seat, arms folded behind his head. "Say, what about a drink after all this, eh? Know any good local dives?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 12:30:06 am »
"Well, I know some dives.  I don't know about good--shit!"

Ball lightning swung down out of the heavens and she dropped Bluebird in a near free fall to avoid the swarm.  Above, the sky lit up in a growing wave of electricity and gusting plasma.

She turned the passenger view window on so Ari could see what was happening out there.  "Sorry about that!  Plasma storm sparked up.  Check it out."

She swung Bluebird upside down, giving him a full, unobstructed view of the angry, electrified skies.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 12:45:41 am »
Oh, fuck me.

Being in space, where gravity was not a thing, was one thing. Being inside this bloody mecha getting flipped around when he wasn't the one piloting was quite another. Gritting his teeth, Ari practically dug his short nails into the armrests of his seat as they dove and then flipped upside-down, his stomach lurching, but he tried not to show it as he tilted his head back and gazed at the storm lighting the skies.

"That's...pretty," he said, still gripping the armrests tightly. "Ain't seen one of those in ages. Huh. Hope it ain't headed for my ship."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2015, 12:07:41 pm »
The plasma storm meant it would take a bit longer for those records to get to her.

"Not to pour salt on the wound, but I think this one's going to cover this entire half of the planet."  Which meant they'd all have to lay low until it burned itself out.

"Hold on to your lunch, we're almost there and it's gonna be a bit of a roller coaster."

She had to fly near the surface of the planet, now--no smooth coasting in upper atmo--and that meant swinging about and descending and ascending constantly to account for the the storm and the rocky landscape.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 11:51:20 am »
Double fuck.

Ari clenched his jaw and was pretty sure he was going to start tearing chunks from the armrests with his nails as they started dipping and whipping about, up and down and side to side in a way that made his stomach flip. He was going to lose it. He was going to puke all over the goddamned inside of this room and plaster that window with it until he could no longer see her smug-ass face.

Of course, that also meant it would get all over him, and he really wanted to avoid that, so he wound up holding his breath.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal