Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Healing Hands (Pancake)  (Read 1640 times)

Etrofder

Re: Healing Hands (Pancake)
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 08:44:42 pm »
"Relax." Orias smiled at her warmly. Poor girl. She was taking a big step, he knew. "You'll be in good hands. If you want, I can make sure your parents know that."

He tossed her the strange fruit that had come with his breakfast that morning. He hadn't been particularly hungry anyway. But he knew a gift, any show of kindness really, did wonders to help calm the nerves. "Why don't you go tell them? Doctor said I'd be able to leave the infirmary today. So if I'm not here, Deck 18, hangar 12. That's where I'll be. We'll be here a few days, so don't feel rushed."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Pancake

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 09:05:26 pm »
"Um. Yeah, that would be cool, they would probably worry... it's not their choice to make, but I don't want them worrying, either."
Breathing again -- after catching the fruit though, though just barely. Luce stared at it for a second, but not for long, finally forcing the anxiety out of herself. "You didn't want the fruit? Antioxidants in fruits like this are great for improving the immune system, which is useful when you get injured... "

Etrofder

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 09:20:33 pm »
"You'll fit in pretty well, I think." He smiled. "I wasn't too hungry, and wasn't sure if you'd had breakfast yet. It is pretty early." He looked up at the clock, set to the station's day/night cycle.

"In fact, I should probably try and get a little more sleep, before that big amazon of a nurse gives me another lecture. You'd think I was in a gang, the way she went on." He joked, laying back.

It wasn't long before the doctor returned to release him, leaving with a small dose of meds to ward off infection and pain. Orias wired money from his accounts to pay the bill with a little difficulty. He quickly determined to set up a small account on Libra in the future, in case he ever found need to make purchases there again.

After that, he returned to his ship, resting in the familiar comfort of his pilot's seat, and generally making life difficult for Velura with his many requests, his excuse being the doctor had requested he stay off his leg as much as possible.

Pancake

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 03:29:09 pm »
Her parents had initially been a little standoffish to the idea -- what good parents wouldn't? -- but they eventually did seem to concede that their daughter would learn just as much from actual experience, and Mr. Forte was very nice as well. They even got a tour of the ship, which, while it wouldn't completely ease their fears, was nice.

Luce had to get all kinds of medical equipment to go on the ship, not to mention all the books and other things she took to study from while away. Then there was the decorations she put in her room, the girly things she brought to do in her free time and everything else involved with moving into a little room on a starship.
Good thing Luce liked her room cozy, because with all the stuff she put in there, no way existed that it could not be cramped.

Etrofder

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 07:45:35 pm »
Orias had proven helpful when Luce's parents had come to call, doing his best to assure them their daughter was in good hands. Fortunately, they had not asked for too much detail on his injury, as he was certain they wouldn't have felt comfortable knowing he'd recently been shot.

In no time at all, the ship was seeming more lively. "Are you getting settled in all right?" He asked her as she was unpacking her boxes. "Let me know when you're ready, and we'll get underway."

Pancake

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 08:40:44 am »
"Yeah... I don't need much personal stuff. I just don't want to be completely unprepared if something I can't handle happens."

A deep breath. And then Luce proceeded to flop onto her new bed. And she'd just have to hope sleeping would come easy when she got tired... Sometimes it really didn't.

Etrofder

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 09:34:03 pm »
The captain smiled at her warmly. "Glad to have you aboard. Vel will call you when dinner is ready. And don't worry too much if you forget something. There's another big station we pick up a lot of work on. You can find just about anything dirt cheap there." He said, giving her door frame a few pats before disappearing, heading back to the cockpit to run a few pre-flight checks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal