Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Healing Hands (Pancake)  (Read 1641 times)

Etrofder

Healing Hands (Pancake)
« on: September 24, 2012, 08:01:21 pm »
"Quit yer whining, you big baby." Velura grunted, supporting her captain's weight. Her hair was disheveled, as it so often seemed to get in her service to the man and on his ship.

Orias gave her a thinly veiled glare. "I've been shot. I think I have an excuse." He growled between clenched teeth.

"In the leg. By a laser. You'll heal." She held him up as they stopped at a door, the number matching the one she'd been told. She knocked a few times, before adjusting Orias' weight again. The man couldn't hold any weight at all on his right leg, which bore a simple rag and wrapping.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Pancake

Re: Healing Hands (Pancake)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 08:25:56 pm »
A second passed before the door was opened. A small girl was the one to open it, as she lived in this small room by herself. But her sleepiness vanished very quickly, as soon as she looked up to see what appeared to be an injured man and a woman holding him up.

Quickly she looked down where it seemed like the man's leg was hastily wrapped. Questions arose in her mind -- how did they find her room, what happened, and why didn't they go to the Infirmary?
But those were pushed aside in favor of assessing and taking care of the situation, as she'd done many times before. "Put him on the bed and tell me what happened," she told the woman, before pulling the door open fully and moving out of the way, hopefully enough room to fit them both through.

Etrofder

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 08:34:19 pm »
"Thank you." Velura helped Orias to the bed, laying him out on it. "We were doing a routine drop off at a station not too far off. Basic supplies and all that. Turns out the guy picking up the supplies didn't like the price for delivery, or thought he could pull a fast one on us. Guess he kind of did, in the end. Didn't get the money we were owed."

Orias groaned and interrupted her before she got lost on an tangent unrelated to his injury. "They pulled some weapons on us. We're understaffed now, so we didn't dare try fight 'em. They didn't want us getting away, but they were pretty lousy shots." He winced as a fresh bout of pain stung is wounded leg. "Managed to get me with a laser in the leg before we got to the ship. Had Vel fly us here, so pardon if I seem a little shaken." He cracked a pained smile.

Pancake

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 08:53:06 pm »
Luce didn't waste any time closing the door and was already undressing the makeshift wrapping around the man's leg, as the woman started into what happened. It didn't seem to be too bad an injury, just one that was most likely incredibly painful... Still, there were a lot of questions, but they could wait.

"I'm going to use healing magic to close it and relieve the pain, but you will still need some rest to finish the process, and I'll call the infirmary to open up a room."

As she said so, she was already standing beside the bed, placing her hands close to the site of the wound. First, there would be the numbing sensation as the pain started to dull...

Etrofder

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:01:27 pm »
Orias was a little surprised. He'd never had any sort of magic used on him, or even around him. It was a little unnerving the way she didn't seem to be doing anything physical, but the pain was slowly receding into a dull throb. "The woman that pointed us here hadn't mentioned you were a mage." He looked her over properly for the first time, now that his leg wasn't quite so distracting.

She definitely didn't look anything like he expected on the way here, but that wasn't a bad thing. He had questions for her, but he held them for the moment. He wasn't sure how much concentration she needed, but he didn't want to find out while she was mending him.

Pancake

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 09:29:38 pm »
"First time for everything," Luce replied simply, focusing her concentration on her magic. Now that the pain relief for the man's leg was beginning to take effect, she'd be able to work at stopping the bleeding and forming the scab over the wound. As the numbness would still be prevalent, it would be faint, but there would be a definite feeling of strain. The magic Luce used now simply sped up the healing process rapidly, however, it was also some work on the body. If this man's body was under more stress she would be using a different method that involved putting more of her own magic to use, but he appeared otherwise healthy.

It took a short while to stop the bleeding, but of course, regrowing what lied under the fresh scab would take more time, assisted or not. Before lifting her hands, Luce applied a little more of the pain relief magic.

"Okay, I'll call the infirmary, and get you a room there where the senior healers can help decide the best way to reconstruct the burnt tissue in your leg. For now, you won't bleed, and it won't hurt unless you walk on it, and you won't be doing  that."

Sure, it would be possible to reconstruct tissue on her own, but it would take more time for her to do that than it would with the technology they had in the infirmary -- so, infirmary it was.

"When they arrive, we'll help him into the chair, then I'll go with you both to the infirmary," she said to the woman, gesturing to the only chair in her small room. "It won't be long at all, but you can sit there. Until then... um, who pointed you here?"

Etrofder

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 09:38:38 pm »
Velura shook her head. "I couldn't give you a name. Some lady by the docks. I asked her where I could get some help. She told us where the infirmary was, but then added that you lived close by, and by the look of the Captain, he could use some fast help."

She suddenly realized her manners. "I'm so sorry, my name is Velura. This is Orias."

Orias' head was slumped on the pillow, trying to accustom himself to the strange numbness her magic had left him. "Believe me when I say it's a pleasure to meet you. Where did you learn to do that?" He didn't know much about magic. He knew some people were born with the innate talent, but that it could be learned, to an extent. Truth be told, he was just feeling talkative.

Pancake

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 09:49:29 pm »
"I've been using it since I was little, but I'm still learning more every day," she replied to that, with a nod. After a short call, people were on their way to her room with the necessary things, though she'd taken care of all the most immediate needs. Now that that was taken care of... she blinked before remembering where in the conversation they were. Yes. Introductions, since this was pretty informal, and there was a little time to burn.

"I'm Luce Estelle, and I work at the infirmary, as an apprentice. It's nice to meet you two, but too bad it had to be under these circumstances."

Etrofder

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 10:06:30 pm »
"Tell me about it." Orias joked. "Still, really impressed. Can't say most would help out a stranger just like that. I'm sorry we showed up so late. Space travel can kind of mess with your internal clock a bit."

He looked her over again. "You know... nah... Well... Have you ever thought of space travel?" He asked, watching her closely to gauge her reaction. It might be a forward question, but he DID need a few more crew members. And someone whose idea of healing transcended slapping a rag and some bandages over it and calling it good would be incredibly useful. And truth be told, it was amazing how many people, at least on the stations, loved the idea of getting on a space ship and leaving.

Pancake

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 08:23:24 am »
"Space travel... ? What do you mean?"

If anything, Luce was just confused -- the question seemed to come out of nowhere. Surely it had a reason behind it?
-- Unless... this is a spaceship captain, right? Was she getting an invitation to travel on a ship with people? That was... certainly not something she'd given much thought about.

Etrofder

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 01:49:36 pm »
"He's offering you a job, in his round about sort of way." Velura explained. "We're in need of a few more people to crew his ship, and he has a habit of offering a job to just about anyone he likes."

"It's not quite like that." Orias grumbled. "Ok, maybe it's a bit like that. But if you're interested, the pay is good, and we could really use someone with even basic medical knowledge, let alone someone with... skills like yours. You don't need to make up your mind now. I'm not going anywhere for a little while."

Pancake

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 02:14:09 pm »
"O-Oh. Um... "

That was certainly not something she had expected to have happen tonight. Not at all.
She would indeed need time to decide whether or not to take the job, because at that moment the shock was preventing a proper decision. Luce was a little relieved as he said he wouldn't need an answer right away.

"Yes... let me think about that, but let's worry about your leg right now."

Etrofder

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 09:24:45 pm »
Velura grinned. She was frankly adorable in her opinion. She took a certain enjoyment in seeing people's reactions when Orias offered to take them away on a space ship. It didn't always work out, but she enjoyed it none the less.

"Are there many mages on Libra? Honestly, I don't come here very often. A bit of a shame, truthfully, seems like a pretty ship shape place, at least compared to Cancer." Orias gave her a weak smile, though he did feel a lot better after her help.

"At least they didn't ask too many questions at security. It's tight around here. Was worried you'd pass out if they held us up with the usual questions, let alone trying to explain how you got yourself shot." Velura sat down at the bedside.

Pancake

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 07:14:03 pm »
"That's lucky, I would think they'd take you to the infirmary right away. But they shouldn't be long anyway."

As for how to explain the mages on Libra... Luce wasn't sure she wanted to get into that discussion right now, so she let that one go.

It didn't take the infirmary long to arrive at her room with what they needed to transport the injured man up to the main center, and Luce tagged along, even though a more senior nurse was able to administer some less magical pain relief.
She did manage to spend some time thinking about the offer, though -- what else could she do when she couldn't sleep? -- and even though just hours passed, she'd already had a feeling that she wanted to join the crew. It was offered, so why not... ? Maybe the other senior nurses could give her some books and the like to study on her own, too, so she could still improve at healing, whether it was magically or not.

Of course, she still had to tell the captain that. His name was... Orias... ? Yes, she was going to jump on a ship of people she didn't know, couldn't really remember the name of, and she knew that wasn't the greatest idea, but the prospect of space travel was more interesting. So after she woke up from vibrant, adventurous dreams, she returned to the room in the infirmary.

Etrofder

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 07:39:16 pm »
Orias was awake, thumbing through a book one of the nurses had left for him. It had been a long night. The pain meds had worn off in the middle of the night. It wasn't terrible, but it had been enough to stir him from his sleep. After that, there just hadn't been much point in trying to get back to sleep.

He looked up as the door opened. Velura had seen that he was taken care of before heading back to the ship. At first he thought it was her. Instead it was Luce. "Morning." He said amiably. "Didn't expect to see you again."

Pancake

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 07:46:25 pm »
"Are you feeling all right?" she asked the man, instead of saying her decision. Nervousness, maybe, she'd just never had too many challenges that weren't related to the health of other people. But, she figured she would take care of business first, and then see how it went...

Etrofder

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 08:11:05 pm »
"Yeah. They've told me to take it easy until I finish healing. But I don't need my leg to fly." He smiled, setting his book aside. "I wanted to thank you again. Doc said it was good I got help as quick as did, or else I'd be taking a lot longer to heal up."

"So... did you give any thought to my offer?" He asked, sitting up in the bed.

Pancake

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 08:17:14 pm »
"Um. Yes. I uh... didn't get much sleep anyway."

The nervousness was taking hold... Luce knew from past experience with boys and nervousness that she better get it out quick. Otherwise, she would probably get too nervous and slink back to her room until it was time to go on duty.

"I'll do it!" she finally said, looking back up, but she forgot to breathe after she said it.

Etrofder

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 08:26:25 pm »
"Really? That's great!" Orias grinned. "Vel will be glad for someone other than me to talk to. How long do you think you'll need to get your affairs here in order?" He asked, reaching over and grabbing his datapad, making a few quick notes and reminders for later.

He could feel how shy and timid she seemed. He was glad she'd found the courage to speak up. It wouldn't have been the first time he'd seen someone pass up an opportunity they wanted, all because a timid nature got a hold of them first.

Pancake

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 08:36:02 pm »
"Uhh. I need to talk to my parents and the senior doctors here and get a bunch of stuff to study, but other than that I was kind of in the process of 'moving' anyway, so my things are all in order and stuff, more or less... "

Calm thoughts. She took a deep breath she'd been waiting to take for a bit too long, before continuing. "I think the doctors and nurses I work with will be glad I'll get to go places and do things. 'Cause now that I think about it, I don't do much else here... "

Though she told herself to think calm thoughts, her words were still coming out a little faster than she wanted.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal