Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Justice and Soda Pop [RHI!]  (Read 5331 times)

Offline Tally

Re: Justice and Soda Pop [RHI!]
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 03:08:08 pm »
Even with her help, he sort of half climbed, half tumbled down off the horse.  Sitting for awhile had made the fatigue creep up on him even moreso.

"I would just have to pray over you."  After a beat he added more, in case it wasn't obvious yet.  "I'm a priest."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:04:54 pm by Tally »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 08:42:35 pm »
Bailey held onto him for a second longer than she needed to, that last proclamation freezing her with the sheer ridiculousness of it all. She swept her eyes over him, up and down and back, noting the crazy sword, the fancy city clothes.

"A priest," she said, and nodded once. "Of course you're a priest." With a light laugh, she added with a shake of her head, "Shall I get some water for ya to bless, Father?"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:50:22 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 01:48:40 pm »
Right.  Of course he was a priest.  What else would he be, right?  This was a lot less irritating when he wore vestments and he didn't have to go around explaining himself all the time.

"I dunno," he said, leaning against the horse once he was off it.  It was so much harder to stay upright after having sat down.  "Do you even need holy water?  It's got pretty specific applications."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 03:41:14 pm »
Of course he missed the sarcasm there.

"Golly, I dunno. I ain't the priest here," Bailey said, no longer even trying to make sense of anything. May as well play along--at the very least, she was getting a good story out of this. "So I wouldn't know all the applications and such, or what it's for, or if I need it."

She motioned for him to follow. "Now, for all this blessin' stuff, I don't gotta be like all religious or anything for it to work, do I?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 03:48:33 pm »
He was beginning to think this woman wasn't taking him seriously.

"Uh huh.  Given you're hunting cows and not demons, it probably wouldn't do you any good."

Lyric stumbled into motion after her.  "No, just me.  I'm interceding to Heaven on your behalf."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 04:17:18 pm »
Bailey paused and gave Lyric an odd look. "That's...very kind of ya," she said, and swallowed against the laugh that wanted to bubble up.

"While you're busy advocatin' or whatever, make sure to put a good word in for me, eh? For savin' your skinny hide. Us heathens need all the help we can get, you know."

Offline Tally

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 04:37:25 pm »
"Oh, I know.  I've taken confession.  Where are we going, and why aren't we there yet?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2013, 01:50:52 pm »
It took every ounce of self control not to roll her eyes right out of her head. "Don't they teach ya priestly types patience? Anyhow, we're headin' indoors 'fore ya keel over."

It wasn't a long walk to the farm house, and she broke ahead of him so she could head up the steps and open it up for him. "There. Weren't so bad, was it?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2013, 12:30:29 pm »
"They teach it, but I didn't learn it very well.  Obviously."

Passing from the brilliant daylight into a dim interior blinded him with sun spots.  He blinked and couldn't see much of anything in there just yet.  "You sure you'll be all right out there alone?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 05:13:31 pm »
Hravart had already made himself at home in his lovely wonderful niece's farm house, comfortably lounging on the couch, pants discarded already as was only natural when one makes themself at home. He felt no need to get up from his comfortable spot when he heard what could only be Bailey returning, made no motion to cover his light grey cotton boxers.

"Hey Bails I am gunna crash here tonight, ok babe?" He said stretching out more and closing his eyes.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2013, 01:41:30 pm »
Bailey flashed him a look, one eyebrow raised and lip curled in an amused smile. "Me? Boy, I live here. I think I'm a heck of a lot more suited for this than--"

She froze as she stepped inside and caught sight of him, crashed out on her couch and practically naked! A bright blush rose to her cheeks and, with a small squawk, she slapped a hand over her guest's eyes.

"The heck ya doin'?! Put some gosh-darned clothes on, will ya! Jeez! Oh gosh, I'm so sorry, my uncle, he's...boy, this is embarrassin'..."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:43:35 pm by Rhi-Rhi »

Offline Tally

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 06:08:57 pm »
Lyric caught a glimpse of someone else in the room, someone on the sofa, before the woman clapped a hand over his eyes.

"Uh...what's going on?  Your uncle's not wearing clothes?  Is he hot?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2013, 06:48:07 pm »
"No he's not hot!" Bailey snapped, hand still over the crazy kid's eyes. "He's my uncle! Don't be gross, mister holy warrior! Ain'tcha s'pposed to have purer thoughts than that?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 07:30:39 pm »
"No, I paid penance for all my vices when I died the last time—look, it's involved, okay?  Can I look yet?"

Could be she was wrong after all.  Could be she only said he wasn't hot because he was a blood relation.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2013, 10:10:25 pm »
"The last time ya--what?"

Bailey rubbed her head. Either the sun had really boiled his egg, or maybe he was just...genuinely... kind of crazy. She wasn't sure which anymore.

With an exasperated groan, she put her free hand on his arm, keeping her other hand over his eyes, and turned him around. "Just put some clothes on, will ya?" she told her uncle before she steered the stranger toward the kitchen. It was only then that she took her hand away.

"The heck was that all about?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2013, 12:04:26 pm »
Hravart had to admit, the back and forth between Bailey and this stranger was quite amusing. Highly amusing. He did however resent that Bailey could not bring herself to admit that he was exceptionally hot. Perhaps she was looking to keep this man all to herself? Tsk tsk. She needed to learn how to share! Begrudgingly he put on his tight black t-shirt and stepped over his jeans on the way into the kitchen. "Bailey you shouldn't lie about a man's undeniable sex appeal. Also why haven't you introduced us yet? I know you were raised better than this."

Offline Tally

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2013, 08:30:01 pm »
The woman moved him...somewhere?  A moment later he could see again and found himself in a kitchen.

"Uhh, shouldn't I be asking you that?  He's your uncle—"

With his back turned, he heard rather than saw the man enter the kitchen behind him.  He stayed obediently where he was and didn't turn to look, just in case she decided to blind him again.  "Should I, um, stare at the ceiling, or...?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2013, 08:52:55 pm »
Bailey whirled around at the sound of Hravart's voice, and was relieved to see he had the decency to at least put on a shirt. No pants, still. Classy. "No, you're, uh...you're fine now. Good enough," she said, and scowled at her uncle.

"Uncle, no offense, but I ain't interested in discussin' your sex appeal. Now ya wanna explain yourself here? What's the big idea, crashin' on my couch without warnin'? Half naked at that!"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:09:11 am by Rhi-Rhi »

Offline Nix

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2013, 04:58:10 pm »
Hravart grinned at Bailey "Come on baby girl you know I'm the hottest uncle you got. Besides Bails I'm broke and got no where to go, you gunna send your favorite uncle out into the wilderness? I brought you some cows sweetie so let me stay ok?"

He looked over at the strange guy with his back to him. "You still haven't introduced me to your cute friend..."

Offline Tally

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2013, 11:40:29 pm »
Lyric spun, grinning, curious now who he was about to meet.

The uncle wasn't bad to look at, and Lyric didn't bother hiding that he was looking either.  The guy called him cute so he figured it was an okay boundary to step over.

"I haven't introduced myself yet, actually.  I'm Lyric."  He extended a hand to the uncle.  "Your niece found me in the desert."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal