Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: No Longer Alone [Kale]  (Read 469 times)

Althea Lyra

No Longer Alone [Kale]
« on: September 13, 2012, 04:47:21 pm »
As the days go in and the days went out, Lyra started to feel ever more increasing lonely. She started to get depressed. Because all of her robots were repaired through scraps, they needed constant attention. She kept the more important ones in check, but her little "imps" as she called them, which were small 3 feet robots that acted as simple butlers to herself and customers were not getting the attention they needed. As she leaned back on her office chair staring at unmoving monitors, she had an imp doing the same thing, standing right next to her. She brought some noodles to her mouth to slurp up like spaghetti noodles. A little while later, her imp started to jolt slightly, then violently, until it finally fell to the floor in pieces. Uncaring, she continued to sip up her noodles. Sigh.

She thought to herself. It must have been finally time to ask for some help around her. Maybe some socialization would do her some good. She didn't like the idea of paying someone for something she could do herself, and never really played well with people when she did go to school. But she shrugged it off, thinking that this time, now as an adult, it could be different.

After finishing her cup noodles she ungracefully wiped her face with her arm, and started typing on the computer. She made a post online. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4826

She leaned back in her chair, still not moving from her rickety seat. Let's see what kind of roaches want to crawl into my domain...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Etrofder

Re: No Longer Alone [Kale]
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 07:55:03 pm »
It wasn't terribly long after stumbling upon the post that Kale found himself standing before the building, looking up at it. He gave an impressed whistle, then double checked the printed paper in his hand, a combination of the job ad and the address he'd looked up.

He knew the ad asked for a messaged resume and credentials, but to him, that always seemed so... impersonal. He liked to make a real impression, and actually meet his potential employers face to face. So much stuff that he couldn't convey over a computer screen.

He pushed through the door way, looking around for a moment, a little lost. "Hello?" He called.

Althea Lyra

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 01:11:10 am »
A three foot mechanical robot, with some similarities to an animal appeared in front of Kale. A small sputtering sound was heard, and some buzzing, as if it was trying to say something. But it didn't muster up any audible words. It didn't have a symmetrical design, which suggested it was continually worked on until it's original marketing design wasn't recognizable. It also had traces of rust on it, much like the rest of the building, but less so.

Before Kale entered the property, or better put... As soon as he saw the sign that said Junk Dogs, he was already on all the security's cameras. Including all of the butler imps. This allowed Althea to quickly greet her guests, or know how long they are waiting if she isn't ready-- or... if she needed to bring out her gun. She rolled down the elevator, and combed her hair with her hand a little. The elevator door opened up straight across from the door he entered in. Taking a few steps forward she asked, "Hello, can I help you?"

Etrofder

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 05:23:31 pm »
Kale looked up from the paper as the strange little robot appeared. "Hey there little guy." He said, kneeling down to examine it more closely. It was, in a word, impressive. Even incomplete, it was unique.

He reached around to examine the wires that might be leading to its malfunction, but pulled away. It wasn't his place to mess with the machines, and he didn't want to overstep his bounds.

Looking up as the doors opened, Kale quickly stood, looking over the smaller woman slowly. "Hi. I found this online and came to apply. Kale Little." He gave her a small smile and extended one large hand to shake.

Althea Lyra

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 03:23:02 pm »
She took his hand and shook it. "Althea Lyra. I'll be your employer." She led him to the the room on his left, and on her right. It was the waiting room for customers. "Sorry, I don't have an office where I conduct interviews, I hope speaking here is fine." She turned off the T.V. and sat down on one of the chairs and continued to speak, "It wasn't too long that I put up that ad, but I haven't gotten a resume or anything from a 'Kale Little'." She said his name with a slight hint, hoping that he will explain his unprofessionalism. She wasn't busy today, but if she was dealing with a customer she surely would have made him feel guilty for appearing unannounced.

Etrofder

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 07:16:10 pm »
Kale blushed slightly, a little nervous, as always, when meeting a new potential employer. "I actually brought that with me. I like to deliver it in person, and meet the person I'm trying to work for." He set his papers down on a small desk for her. "And give them a chance to meet me." He spoke somewhat slowly, as if picking each word carefully.

He looked around, taking in everything he could see. "This is an impressive set up you have here, I have to admit. I'll be honest if I say I was expecting someone and little older." She looked like she was around the same age as him, and he couldn't even imagine owning his own shop already.

Althea Lyra

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 10:36:12 pm »
Lyra nodded with conceit as she heard the compliments. She crossed her arms and leaned back in her chair. "Mmhm, and it's pretty hard to work on this place on my own. Which is why I'm looking to finally hire." Let's take a look at that resume.

When he handed it over she took a quick glance at it here and there. It might have given of the immediate impression that she didn't care. But that was kinda the truth. She merely wanted to see him in action. She handed it back over to him, and a moment contemplated if she should call him back later or now.

"Kale, are you doing anything today? Because if you have nothing planned I wouldn't mind using you today. I assure you I wont use that against you if you are busy. No hard feelings."

Etrofder

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 10:50:50 pm »
Kale's eyes actually brightened a little bit. This was actually beyond what he hoped for. He liked to show his face and let potential employers get an eye for him. He felt it sorted him from the rest of the mechanics looking for a job. But getting to show off his skills, now that was some luck.

"I wasn't sure if I'd be here long or not, so I have the entire day free." He said with a smile, eager to show her his mettle.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal