Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Questions and stuff....about Aedolis....  (Read 848 times)

godsibb

Questions and stuff....about Aedolis....
« on: June 02, 2012, 08:33:11 pm »
Helloooooooo~! Um, so I'm new here (obviously) and I have some questions I would love to have answered before I start RPing. Please and thank yooooou. x3

1.) So, uh, is the average citizen allowed to travel outside of Aedolis to other places? And for that matter, are travelers allowed to enter Aedolis?

2.) If travelers are allowed into Aedolis, how would they pay for things if they were staying there for only a short while? Could they still use paper money and coins, or would they have to get temporary microchips?

3.) Speaking of microchips... Can a citizen just kind of...I don't know, rip theirs out? If they could, would anything bad happen?

Those are all the questions I have for now... Thanks in advance! >u<
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Questions and stuff....about Aedolis....
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 11:50:24 pm »
No problemo! ^^

Most of the answers can be found in the Aedolis write-up and wiki. To answer your questions...

1 & 2.) Citizens are not allowed to leave Aedolis, but they encourage tourists!
Tourism is huge in Haviah. The upper middle level is open for tourism from other nations and space stations and possesses a large space port. Visitors are required to be micro-chipped, a painless, one-time procedure that will allow them to enjoy the city, hassle free, as often as they would like to come.

Currency comes in the form of credit, from a microchip implanted in the right hand of all citizens at birth, or whenever they receive citizenship as in the case of immigrants. This also serves as a citizen’s ID, and they cannot so much as buy groceries without it.

Aedolis is rather sneaky. xD It's an underhanded way of keeping track of visitors.

3.) The chip is implanted into the hand and is quite small. A person could cut it out--but it would likely cause a great deal of damage to the hand, possibly permanent nerve damage. They also wouldn't be able to purchase anything in Aedolis and if anyone had to check for their ID and found out they had none...well...yeah, they would be pretty busted and would be arrested as a suspected criminal! (After all, why else would they cut out their chip?) xD

Hope that helps!
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

godsibb

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 02:38:05 am »
>v> ........ <v<
Yes, why would a citizen cut out their chip indeed... *shifty eyes*

Oh man, I can't believe I missed all that information. And I've looked all over the wiki so many times, too... "orz But either way, thank you so much for your help! xD

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:38:29 pm »
Follow up: What about cases where a person was unable to have said chip implanted for whatever reason?
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 01:30:56 am »
Well, what kind of situation were ya thinking that would prevent it from being implanted? :3
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 01:01:55 pm »
Non-biological life form, skin too tough for the tools, being a living mineral, stuff like that. Specifically, the skin (or scales, rather), but yeah.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal