Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Bensis Mechanical Repair [closed]  (Read 2231 times)

Jenny

Re: Bensis Mechanical Repair [OPEN]
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2012, 10:05:05 pm »
Jaxon laughed at the almost suspicious look that Toori pinned on him in that moment. "What do you think, idiot?" he reached over, taking the device from his hand, much too impatient to wait for him to realize why he wanted it. "I'm giving you my number," Jaxon explained, shaking his head as he entered his information into the little communicator.
As he did so, he thought about how he didn't have his own communicator with him- it was on the ship- and how he would just have to wait for Toori to reach out for him. What if he didn't? That thought certainly rubbed him the wrong way, but Jaxon tried to debunk his own unsure feelings by reminding himself what they'd shared- how they trusted each other. As that thought crossed his mind he came to the field 'Name'... He entered Jaxon and handed the communicator back to the blond.

"My real name. It's Jaxon," he said at last.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

chelle

« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2012, 10:14:21 pm »
When Fang reached out and grabbed Toori's communicator, Toori almost scrambled to grab it back. It was purely reflex, because he hadn't expected it, and he grudgingly told himself that Fang probably wasn't going to break it. He relaxed a little when Fang said he was putting in his number, realizing that while he had wanted to meet up with Fang again, he hadn't had any thoughts about how that would happen.

"Jaxon, huh? That's better than Fang." Toori said, taking his communicator back, "Aren't you going to give me yours?"

Jenny

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2012, 10:20:37 pm »
Jaxon laughed a little at the name quip, though he felt obligated to defend it. "Hey, watch it. Someone very close to me gave me that name," he explained, shaking his head a bit. He didn't want to go into it, but he thought maybe later, he could tell Toori about the gang leader, the man who'd found him and taken him in, made him part of the gang and given him a name and a family. Even if Fang was a silly name, it had never struck him as silly. For a long time it was the only name he knew himself by- 'Jaxon' just another lost memory.

"I'd give you mine, but it's back on the ship. Just send me a message whenever," he said with a smile and a shrug. Jaxon paused before saying goodbye- this wasn't the handshake or hug sort of situation... if anything it was awkward circumstances. He wanted to make a joke of the whole thing- maybe tackle Toori to the ground or something, but instead he settled on being sincere with it. "Bye, Toori," he said finally, "I'll see you around."

chelle

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2012, 10:33:11 pm »
Toori smiled at Jaxon's--and that name seemed to slot right into Toori's thoughts--quip about his nickname, then nodded when he explained where his communicator was. The silence then was awkward, and Toori wasn't sure if he should be doing something, saying goodbye or maybe typing out the message right here while Jax waited. Jaxon seemed to hesitate as well, until at last he said a simple goodbye. Toori nodded and watched him turn, his eyes lingering on Jax as he wondered at the curious sinking feeling he felt in his gut. It was strange, watching Jaxon walk away, and actually strange would be a fantastic way to sum up this whole day. Strange, yes, but also good.

Toori watched until Jaxon disappeared from view and then turned, making his own way home.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal