Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: On Common Grounds...  (Read 657 times)

Anonymous

On Common Grounds...
« on: August 30, 2011, 08:00:06 pm »
It was Ariadne's day off, so she was no where near the science wing of TRIM, in fact, she was in the Main wing having just left her apartment there and was heading to the shopping area of the Main wing, wanting to buy some things while she had the time.

She seemed strange to anyone who would've met her on working terms. No longer wearing those thin glasses or that white coat. Her red hair was pulled up into a sloppy bun with the blue highlighted parts cupped her face.

Her body was adorned in an egg shell dress with black trim that cinched around her hips along with white stockings and black high heel shoes. The dress seemed to hide her bust and hips well, but gave subtle hints to her curves.

Other than that, a light smile was hinting at the curves of her cherry painted lips. She was 'good,' that sadistic side of her locked up in her apartment.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: On Common Grounds...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 08:19:29 pm »
There was a reason why Claude didn’t like having days of, and that was because he had absolutely no idea what to do with himself when he was given free time. All of his notes were organized and he’d seen to all the patients and even reorganized their files… so what was left for him to do? He was a strong believer in the saying ‘an idle mind is the devil’s playground’ – Mr. Carroll knew better than anyone else how sitting idly could lead to trouble, especially in such an environment – and so, with that in mind, he set off to the main wing of TRIM.

Just by the way he was dressed it was easy to tell that Claude was not a man who knew what to do with days off. Since he was not needed in the lab today, he was out of his lab coat, but he was still very formal nonetheless. Adorned in black dress pants, a matching black blazer with a white collared shirt underneath, equipped with a black tie to polish it all off. Without really trying, Claude always managed to pull off that crisp, neat style – he wasn’t the kind of guy who went out and about without looking sharp.

Granted, he definitely wasn’t sure what he was doing in the shopping section of TRIM. His mind was on the practical, thinking of things he definitely needed to get. More cleaner for his glasses, a new set of ballpoint pens, since his were running low on ink… While he ran a list of items through his mind, he found himself distracted, and while making his way quickly through the shopping wing, managed to brush against someone, pushing them aside a little in his rush. He froze as he did it, stopping in his tracks – it was not like him to be so careless.

“My apologies, miss…” He began, turning around to apologize, but then realized just who he had bumped into. His bluish grey eyes widened a little, and with one finger, he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. Ariadne Macfarlane, of all people, he’d bumped into! He had never seen her outside of a work setting, so it was hard for him to tell, at first – without her glasses, she looked slightly different. “Director,” he acknowledged. “Forgive me, I am not usually so careless.” Anyone who knew Claude Carroll knew he was the opposite of careless – his work spoke for itself.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:56:14 am »
She was hardly paying attention to the crowd as she scanned the names of stores to pick which ones she wanted to go to. But she was having a hard time deciding where to start. That was when someone bumped into her and actually pushed her a bit. Causing her to drop her purse.

She turned and bent down to pick up her purse, straightening up to look at Claude. She knew who he was, but he had never met her outside of work-- let alone worked with her. So, he had rumors to go off of-- none of which had to be good.

But, he acknowledged her as the director and she nodded her head to him. "Are you in a rush, Mr. Carroll?" she questioned calmly, "I hope this carelessness doesn't reflect in your work, but everyone's entitled to their mistakes." She stated with a small smile.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 06:55:28 pm »
Of all the people he could’ve bumped into, why did it have to be the Director? His mind was rushing at a million miles a minute, wondering what she thought of him. Gods, he had always wondered about the day he’d have to meet the director – as all scientists in TRIM eventually do – but he hadn’t thought that he would meet her in such a casual setting, and that’d he be so incredibly careless! She probably had the wrong idea about him now – she probably thought he was a lazy, reckless thing, when the total opposite was true!

While Claude might have appeared to be calm, on the inside, he was letting his nervous thoughts get way too out of control. When she spoke, the scientist got it together, shaking his head while pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. “Ah, no – I was merely lost in thought, is all. It’s been a busy week…”

While that was true, that was a poor excuse for him not watching where he was going and bumping into the director. There was no doubt in Claude’s mind that she must’ve thought badly of him, which was a shame because she appeared to be quite nicer than he imagined her to be. He was sure the director of TRIM was supposed to be scary and cruel, but she seemed quite the opposite.

He shook his head again, wanting to clear the bad name he had suddenly given himself. “Oh no – at work, I am not so reckless. On days off, however, I guess not having anything to do makes me less vigilant than usual.” And that was a horrible excuse too, but it was true! Ever since he had arrived at TRIM, he had found that, when he wasn’t working, he was desperately trying to find some new way to occupy his time. Because if he didn’t, things like this happened. The last thing he wanted was for the director – who was surprisingly a lot nicer (and prettier) than he had thought she’d be – to think the worst of him.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 09:14:32 pm »
She watched him as he seemed to rage a mental war over the fact that he had bumped into her-- or that's what she would deduct. Though, she took this time to take in all his features and facial gestures, pinning them to memory for later use in case they would be needed. Plus, being a genius and all, it was rare that she forgot something that she deemed important.

Though, he finally spoke of why he had been so careless and she actually chuckled. "Well, everyone's entitled to their days off. And, considering the fact that you allow for carelessness now means you are getting in your required amount so there is little threat of it during work." But, there was a pause that followed her statement.

"Aa... but it is a day off. Why not leave talk of work for on the clock? Are you here to shop? I could join you if you don't mind the company. And, it seems that if someone doesn't accompany you, you might walk into a ditch."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 06:38:22 pm »
She didn’t seem too miffed by his mistake, which was a godsend in its own right. He made a multitude of mental notes to himself to always make sure to look where he was walking – and found it sad that he’d have to do such a thing. He really needed to get out of his office more… It was as if the mental willpower it took to be so efficient at work made him a simpleton in such casual matters, like talking to a woman, for instance. How long had it been since he’d been able to talk to a woman casually? Hell, he didn’t even know how to dress casually. He wasn’t even sure what the word casual meant anymore.

And, astonishingly enough, she wanted to accompany him. “Why, of course,” he responded easily, allowing the smallest of smiles to grace his features.  “I could use the company. And, it’s as you said…” He laughed a little, running his hand through his layered blonde hair. “I’m a wreck if I’m alone out of the workplace.” Claude frowned a little at that – he hadn’t always been so socially incompetent. At least, before TRIM, he had known how to live, hadn’t he? Or had he always been someone so obsessed with keeping things orderly and neat that he had no time to bother himself with other pedantic matters?

“I was here to shop – for odds and ends and things…” He cringed, remembering his list of boring items he needed to buy. They suddenly did not seem so important. “It’d be best if I accompanied you instead – maybe you could show me how to spend a day off properly?” Because hell knew he needed guidance.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 06:57:01 pm »
She was far from miffed, in fact, she was amused at his carelessness. But that was beside the point. Having him accompany her sounded like fun. She almost wanted to skip out on half of what she was going to get because well... he was a guy. And she also had the next day off so it wasn't like she couldn't come back.

"Show you how to have a day off? Well... I could. But I barely know what that is like as well. Work follows the director home most weekends, and the past director left me a lot of things I needed to catch up on. Not only that, but I have to meet with all the subjects and see how they're doing and their state of mind and put my own understanding into the files as well." She reached up to rub her forehead as if the thought of it was going to give her a headache.

Then she shook the thought aside and looked up to him, smiling sweetly with her ruby painted lips. "Well, alas.. Why not get the things I came her for.. Really, I was getting things for dinner tonight. But I can switch it up a bit." She said. "What were you here for?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal