Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Beware  (Read 1797 times)

Anonymous

Re: Beware
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 05:55:36 pm »
"I don't need ta." Akachi laughed again, amused by the boy and his total ignorance, "And dis wut I do boy. Ain't my place ta tell, ain't my secret. Dem rules are in place for me too."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 05:56:41 pm »
"Rules?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 05:59:25 pm »
"Yup. Dey raise um pretty and dumb here." Akachi made a tisking sound, shaking her head, "I ain't gonna be tellin' no secrets dat ain't mine ta tell. It'll come back at me, same as you."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 06:09:02 pm »
"A Pilot could read you," Gabriel said quietly. Even if she swore not to tell a soul, it didn't mean it was safe. "Someone else could find out. And why are you telling me this? What are you getting out of it?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 06:11:09 pm »
"Oh, ya tink dat do ya?" Akachi grinned again, her black teeth odd, "I tellin' ya dis so ya stop insultin' me by treatin' me like some charlatan. And so we can get ta the real meat o yer visit."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 06:28:31 pm »
The real meat? That wasn't it? Shit, after that bomb, what else was there? That was the only reason Gabriel stayed even though he wanted to get the hell out; it was like a train wreck, only he wasn't just curious to watch the explosion, he just wanted to watch it approach so he knew how bad it would be.

"And...what's that?"

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 06:33:23 pm »
"Donno. Yer the one here. I ain't da one dat bring ya here. Ya got here cause ya needed ta be here. I answer questions, grant favors and give ya a glimpse at what ta be. Now, don't ya worry none on yer secret. It safer in my head den yers."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 06:50:56 pm »
"I just came for some fucking candles."

Gabriel took another deep breath and, letting it out in a sigh, he sank down into the chair again. Candles, and he gets this. Nothing was ever just easy. But either way, the woman had done what she said she'd been trying to do--Gabriel was convinced. Whatever she was, whatever she was doing, however she was doing it, she was no hack. Maybe she wasn't a fortuneteller; he wasn't sure how much he believed in that, because the concept of 'fate' always made him uncomfortable. He didn't like the idea of his life being out of his control, predestined and preplanned with no way to change or direct anything. Sure, there were precogs like Blaine, but that was different; that was all about probability, not about hard and fast rules. It could be changed; it wasn't written in the stars.

But fortuneteller or not, she was good.

And dangerous.

"A glimpse of what's to be. So you're a precog."

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 06:55:00 pm »
"Nope. Not psychic." Akachi gave a small shrug of her shoulders, "I just look at tings and see what could be. Dat wut ya wanna know? What I see for ya?" She held out her hand, "Der is a price for lookin'. Ya willin' ta pay?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 07:07:38 pm »
"I don't know..." Gabriel eyed her hand, then looked back up at her. It was tempting to get a peek at the future, even if it was just a possible future--but it also scared the hell out of him, what he might see, and then he'd never be able to unsee it. What if he saw a friend's death? Or his own death? Or what if he saw something, tried to change it, and in trying to change it he just did all the right things to set it into motion? Sure, it sounded like a bad movie, but he didn't like to mess with that stuff.

"Yeah, I don't think so." He gave a small, bitter laugh. It was so tempting. "I guess I prefer the surprise and hope. I don't want to be afraid of what might be coming, otherwise I might lose my nerve before it even goes down."

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 07:10:22 pm »
Akachi just grinned at him. She saw what was coming all the time, knew how to read the possibilities, "What cha want then? Questions answered? Or...I tell ya what. I gave ya a scare and dat weren't right."

Akachi leaned closer, expression serious, "There are dark forces workin' about my little bird. Ya best watch him close, look for when he isn't him.'

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 07:19:15 pm »
Gabriel's brow furrowed in confusion. "Your little--you mean Roman?" Dark forces. Made sense. They were all of them in danger, being Pilots, but the rest...

"When he isn't him? What's that mean? What kinda forces are we talking here? Does he know about this?"

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 07:21:38 pm »
Akachi shook her head, "Dat gonna cost ya more den ya winnin' ta pay. But listen ta my advice. Beware his image an watch fer when he isn't him."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 07:23:03 pm »
Gabriel made a frustrated sound, shaking his head. "That doesn't even make any sense. He's always him. What else is he?"

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 07:32:02 pm »
"Tisk tisk. Ya ain't real bright." Akachi sighed, disappointed in him. He was a strong soul, but too stupid to see the world around him.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 08:12:07 pm »
Gabriel leveled Akachi with an unamused look. "It's not that. I just don't understand vague, cryptic puzzles with no hint at how to solve 'em. I can't figure it out if I don't even have the pieces." He leaned an elbow on the table and bit back his annoyance. He wanted to demand the answer because fuck, if it was something bad that was going to hurt Roman, he damned well needed to know! But instead he reined in the urge and tried for a different approach.

"You care about him, right? I mean, your 'little bird'? You said you named him or whatever. Is this gonna hurt him? And if it is, don't you wanna do something about it?"

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 08:33:50 pm »
"Oh yes. Gonna hurt him bad. Not kill 'um, not yet. But he in danger." Akachi shrugged again, "I ain't part of dat game. Can't go messin' with the threads like dat. Ya best keep those pretty green eyes peeled for dat danger. What? Ya tink ya can just get everyting handed ta ya on a platter and ain't gotta pay no price?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 10:38:59 pm »
"What do you mean 'not yet'? What are--" Gabriel cut off with a groan and rubbed at his temples, realization suddenly clicking. "Oh. Ahaha. I get it now. Now you're doing that fortuneteller vagueness insert-your-own-interpretation thing. You were all specific at first, and now you're just messin'. That could mean anything. We're Pilots. There's always dark forces around."

And not yet? Well, everyone died eventually.

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 10:40:31 pm »
Akachi hissed, eyes narrowing, "I wont take none of ya bein' rude boy. I suggest ya take dat back real fast."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 01:46:17 am »
Gabriel held up his hands in a 'whoa, back up' sort of gesture. He may be skeptical, but this lady also knew his other name and the last thing he wanted was to piss off the person that had him by the short and curlies. "Whoa, I didn't mean any disrespect. I mean, I'm sure he is in danger. We have dangerous jobs so...it applies?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal