Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Beware  (Read 1796 times)

Anonymous

Beware
« on: August 23, 2011, 06:51:41 pm »
This was going to be an interesting visit to the city. She had known she needed to be here, but she hadn't realized how many little pieces would be visiting her in one trip. Something was in the air, something big. It involved her little bird, she knew that. And others.

A grin slid across her face as she waited. This would be fun to watch. Maybe she would find Aydan and watch through the mirrors with him. But he was going to be wrapped in this story as well, she could taste it.

So many exciting things, all playing out at once. Shivering, Akachi glanced at the door. Almost time. Her new piece was coming. He was closely tied with her bird, and so very damaged.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Beware
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:14:45 pm »
Gabriel frowned, a large scented candle in either hand as he tried to pick the one that smelled best. Cucumber melon or cherry blossom? Fruit or flower? Or was that too weird and should he go for something more homey, whatever that meant. Apples or something. Not for him; it was a gift for Alaric's mom for the care package she'd sent down. He'd already picked out a nice holder and a couple other knickknacks he thought she might like, but it was difficult for him to judge because this so wasn't his style and he felt like a bull in a glass shop.

Less destructive, sure, but still out of place! Crafty, shiny, sparkly, pretty stuff was so beyond him. Give him some new gizmo and he was there, but he just didn't understand this. Would have been awesome if Alaric hadn't been busy or if he'd thought to ask Rachel for advice before he came, but now he could call neither. Rachel was at drills and Alaric was at work. Blaine, maybe? Ah! Yeah! He might have an idea!

Setting a candle down, he dug for his phone and slid it open--then groaned as the battery symbol blinked at him right before the phone went out. Of course!

Guess that only left one choice: ask an associate.

Looking around the store, he caught sight of a dreadlocked woman and gave a sigh of relief. She looked kind of...strange, to say the least, but this was Aedolis and he'd seen colorful dreadlocks and lollipop penises so hey, it was nothing that bizarre. Maybe she was some sort of goth? Whatever! She was a chick! She should know!

Walking up to her, picking up the candles again, he held them up. "Hey, so, this is kinda random, but if you were a crafty, homey alien that liked pretty things, which would you pick?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:20:26 pm »
Akachi had come out to the main floor, feeling the man was close. She didn't come out into the main shop much, had no real use for most of it, though she did like some of the incense. When a voice spoke up, she turned and a bright smile lit up her face, "Der ya are. Dis ain't the place for ya, oh no."

She glanced at the selection and reached over, tapping the cherry blossom one, "Dat da one ya want. But ya best hurry it up, I ain't gots all day."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:28:43 pm »
Gabriel blinked in surprise, and then squinted at the woman. There he was...? Granted, he guessed maybe it shouldn't be so weird that someone might recognize him; he was on TV, though people didn't always recognize him right off the street walking around in normal (for him) clothes and minus studio make-up. But she acted like she'd been expecting him.

"Ah, sweet, thanks! I thought maybe, because cucumber melon is so lotion but you never know!" He put the candle back on the shelf, then looked back to the woman. He tilted his head, still squinting as though trying to place her.

"Do I know you?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 01:30:02 pm »
"Not yet boy." Akachi patted Gabe on the butt, smiling again, "Now best hurry up. Ya gonna have some questions. I don' do love ones much, but I make an exception for ya boy."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 01:33:34 pm »
That just about had Gabriel jumping out of his skin, body jolting and stiffening. He made a surprised sound and twisted, putting his butt back out of arm's reach. "Uh, yeah! First question! What the hell was that?"

JEEBUS. That came out of the freakin' blue!

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 01:38:16 pm »
"Ya too uptight boy. Relax." Akachi just waved her hand and headed back toward her room, "Best come wit me. Dis ain't the place for yer questions."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 01:45:44 pm »
Gabriel stared at her back as she retreated, eyebrow arching. Well, he hadn't had any questions before, but now he had a couple. He briefly considered just paying and leaving, because clearly the lady had a few screws loose, but...curiosity got the better of him.

And something she'd said had piqued his interest. Loved ones? What was she talking about?

He followed after her, a few paces behind her, and left his items on the counter to pay for later. "So...what'd ya mean by loved ones and exceptions?"

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 01:50:23 pm »
"Don't tell many love fortunes. But ya got lots of questions bout my pretty little bird and you. And, well," Akachi entered the room and turned to watch him, eyes sliding along his frame, "Ya got many, many secrets. Ones dat not even dat dragon in your head know."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 01:55:55 pm »
Gabriel's eyebrows climbed higher. "I...think you got me confused with someone. I don't know your...bird?" They had reached her room then and he peered inside, blinking at the sight of it. There was a lot of weird shit in there, but so far, he didn't see any birds and hadn't heard any in the store. He had still been taking it all in when the woman's next words made him freeze, his stomach giving a wrenching twist.

"What?"

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 02:04:04 pm »
"Ya do. Roman." Akachi smiled, "I named dat boy. Names are important, ya got several, don't ya?" Akachi took a seat at the small table and patted the center, "Ya come sit down now. Fate had ya here for a reason."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 02:15:33 pm »
She had hooked him, and hooked him good.

Still a little stunned and uneasy, Gabriel took a seat at the table. This was too weird. But alright, if she knew Roman, it stood to reason she might know about him. That made some of the surprise wash away. Yeah, this lady was pretty good at her act. She'd had him going there for a second.

"Well...yeah. First, last, and middle. Gabriel Matthew Tierney. So yeah, I got a few. Uh, so when you say you named him, you mean literally? You guys know each other?"

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 02:20:23 pm »
"Dat not the only ones, mmm." Akachi laughed, "Ya don't believe. Tisk tisk. Dat not good. Makes ya blind ta what ya should be lookin' for." Shaking her head, the beads and charms in her hair clicked together, "I know his mama real well. She knows. Now, wut cha wanna know? Gots questions ar ya want a glimpse at wuts gonna be comin?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 02:29:39 pm »
"Opal?" Ah, so this must be the fortuneteller he'd heard her talk about.

Gabriel gave gave the woman's question a moment of thought, then finally shrugged and bit. Couldn't hurt, he guessed, and he was curious about just what the heck she was even talking about. "Alright, so first, what's your name? And second, what do you mean by other names? Like...true names or something?"

He didn't know much about it, but he'd heard some hippy mumbo jumbo that talked about soul names or whatever.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 02:33:53 pm »
"Akachi Suada." Akachi gave a small laugh and reached over, patting his cheek, "Dat a bunch o' bullshit. We all got names and dey all true. Gabriel yer name just as much as Indigo is. One ain't truer dan da other."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 02:51:03 pm »
Gabriel jerked violently back from Akachi as though her touch burned him, toppling his chair over as he leaped out of his seat. Her words shook him and he took in the room, eyes flicking for the door to be sure it was shut, and felt his heart racing. Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck. There were only two things that kept him from lashing out at her then, from silencing her with psionics: the knowledge that in order to even get that information she'd have to be far better than him and the slim hope that maybe, maybe she was one of them.

"Don't say that! Who the fuck are you? How are you doing that?" he sent at her, walking the razor's edge of panic as he checked his shields and made adjustments, muscles tense and shaky. Oh fuck. Fuck. He'd gotten cocky. Maybe he'd let something slip on the subnet. Maybe he hadn't been as careful as he should have been, left evidence somewhere, left a gap in his defenses.

But maybe, maybe she was one of them. Maybe that was how she knew, and gods he hoped she was even if he was also terrified she was, because the more people that knew, the more chances of slipping. That's why they didn't know each other, that's why they sometimes killed each other, accidentally.

But he hoped that was true, because if it wasn't, he'd have to kill her.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 02:55:08 pm »
"Boy, you is as stupid as ya look if ya think ya can kill me." Akachi gave him a flat look and motioned to the chair, "Now you pick dat right back up. Don't look so scared. Ain't my secret to tell, so I ain't gonna tell no one."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 03:17:30 pm »
Which he knew was probably true; she was too confident, throwing his name around so casually; no one acted like that around a Pilot unless they could back it up or were just fucking insane. After a long, tense pause, he stiffly picked up the chair and set it upright. He didn't move to sit back down, though; he was filled with too much nervous energy and just needed to move, heart pounding. He felt like he could throw up but took deep breaths, trying to calm down. Fuck, he was screwed. Very thoroughly screwed.

He paced behind the chair for a moment and finally came to a stop, hands gripping the top of it so he didn't fidget. "Then...why? How do you know? Who are you?" he repeated out loud, voice tight.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 03:51:30 pm »
"Boy, where you think ya at? Dis is a place people find when dey want to know tings. When dey want magic done." She laughed again, "And I told ya, I'm Akachi. I see dat which most people is too blind ta see. Now stop worryin' none. I ain't got no reason ta be tellin' dat secret."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 05:53:26 pm »
Gabriel let out a slow breath and closed his eyes. "How do I know you won't? And...how are you doing that?" he asked, looking at her again. "Getting past my shields. No one else has."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal