Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Just dance! It'll be okay! [Rina!]  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Just dance! It'll be okay! [Rina!]
« on: June 06, 2011, 12:09:02 am »
It had taken a lot of prodding and patience and persistence, but he'd finally gotten Alaric out of the Citadel.

Blaise had only recently transferred to Haviah from Aurora and he'd wound up in Alaric's tech department. They'd talked and all, but it was was difficult to get much quality conversation going when you were supposed to be working, and the guy was shy, too, which made it that much trickier. What he managed to glean out of him was that he was someone he wanted to get to know more about.

He was different--and not just because he had pale blue skin, horns, a tail, a massive claw, and was apparently both sexes, as others liked to point out of all things. (Though he didn't see the big deal. He'd seen dick and pussy; he hadn't seen this particular combination of blue skin, giant claws, horns, and tail. Ah well, people were weird.) Nah, it was the odd combination of shy and geeky and friendly yet 'I-could-rip-your-face-off'. He was a soldier and it showed, but he wasn't like some of those dicks that didn't know how to turn it off. There was something very genuine about him.

And hey, as a newbie, he needed local buddies.

Syn turned out to be a nice neutral ground. Alaric had been, Blaise had once years ago, and tonight they were having an open DJ session, which should be entertaining.

Dressed in jeans and a button-up shirt, he headed inside the club and to the bar, ordering a drink while he waited for Alaric to arrive.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Re: Just dance! It'll be okay! [Rina!]
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 02:57:56 pm »
Alaric was rather nervous. He wasn't really used to going out to places like this, but it was fun getting to go out. And Blaise was really nice and cool and Alaric didn't want to mess this up. He had even dressed up for the occasion, with tight black jeans, a fitted top and a pinstripe vest his dad had sent him.

Normally he had Gabe or Blaine with him when he came out to places like this and it always made him feel a little better. Made things feel fun and normal. But this just made him feel out of place, sure he was going to mess up somehow.

But then he caught sight of Blaise and his face lit up in smile and he bee-lined to where the older man sat, "Hey. It's pretty packed tonight, huh?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 05:06:22 pm »
"Hey there," Blaise greeted when Alaric found him, and nodded at his observation. "Yeah, it's open DJ night, and apparently some well-known one's set to make an appearance. I haven't heard her stuff before, but she's apparently pretty well known."

...Good grief. That wasn't awkward at all. Way to go, Blaise! Years of good social skills? Suddenly flushed right down the drain. He hid his grimace, though, and instead turned back to the bar. "Want anything? It's on me. I dragged you out here, least I can do is pay for your poison, eh?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:32:38 am »
Alaric absently fiddled with the necklace around his neck, feeling tense and out of place. He always felt like people were staring at him and half the time they were, he was a Pilot and a distinctive one at that, but he interpreted the stares in the worst possible light.

"Oh, uh, something pretty wussy. I can't process booze well." Wow. Way to be super cool Alaric. Now everyone was going to want to invite you out! "Do you know the DJ's name? Maybe I've heard her..."

Oh yeah. People were going to line up to hang out with him now. He was just glad the dim lights of the bar hid his uncomfortable flush.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 02:11:29 am »
...Good job, Blaise. Inviting the Pilot out to a place where he couldn't even drink the drinks! For a moment, Blaise mentally floundered, feeling like an idiot--but he'd just assumed! It was like taking someone out to a lobster dinner and finding out they were allergic to shellfish.

"Oh." Shit. "Oh, well, they have coke and shit. Sodas. You're good with soda, yeah? I think I'll get one myself. Early morning tomorrow, last thing I need's a hangover and if I have one I'll just want another. Hey, y'know what? Why don't you order what you want and I'll pick up the tab, alright?"

Way to flail all over himself. Why didn't he just say that in the first place? Argh.

Ordering his own drink, he grinned. "Oh yeah, it's DJ Vinyl Fetish. Ring any bells?"

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 07:33:28 pm »
"It's okay. I can have some, just gotta be careful, that's all." Alaric felt a little flustered, not used to people reacting like that. He hadn't meant to ruin Blaise's night either, he had obviously come here to drink and have a good time.

"We can get drinks, I just have to have baby ones. Work my way up." Not that Alaric was going to get drunk. But he didn't want Blaise to think he couldn't drink either.

The name tickled something and Alaric tapped his chin, "You know, that name is familiar. I think she does some remixes on the Living Evil soundtrack."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 12:05:10 am »
"Hey, like I said, you just order whatcha want. No pressure," Blaise said, flashing Alaric a smile. For himself, he just wound up ordering a beer. Something to wind down and be social with, but not enough to get a real buzz.

He took a few sips of it before setting it down on the counter. At Alaric's observation, he grinned. "Yeah, that's the one! So you're familiar with her work. I've been a fan of her a while, but guess it helps I like the Living Evil series. I'm biased." What could he say? He was a big fan of horror, zombies especially.

"What about you? You seen those films?"

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 04:23:49 pm »
Alaric just nodded, still feeling a little shy and awkward. It was so...cool here and despite being older, Blaise was way cooler than Alaric could ever hope to be. He looked comfortable in the club, like he belonged.

Ordering his own drink, a hard cider, he gripped it tightly, nervously, "Only a bit. I played the games too. I saw all the movies opening night man." He had dressed up even, him and Gabe, but that seemed too dorky for words at the moment.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 07:05:02 pm »
"I haven't played the games. Didn't even know there were games," Blaise said and grinned. "Guess I'm a little out of the loop. I'm always so busy, I hardly have the time. So you're a fan, I take it?"

That was said with a teasing smile. Of course he was a fan if he'd seen them all opening night!

He took a swig of his beer. "What else ya like?"

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 11:09:17 pm »
"Oh, right. Well, I'm not surprised. I'm kinda a dork." Alaric gave a short laugh, flushing a little, glad the dark lights helped hide that. He drank a long pull, wishing they served the stuff that would let him get drunk, "So, I like lame stuff. What about you?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 01:43:38 pm »
"Dunno about lame. Don't say that," Blaise said, nudging Alaric lightly. "I like things like that, though I'm bigger into horror and sci-fi. But, uh, if ya asked me, I'm kind of a geek. It's practically a prerequisite for being a technomancer. I might not look it, but there ya go."

He grinned. "I just hide it under layers of badassery, I like to think."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 10:50:03 pm »
"I say it because it's true." Alaric gave a short laugh, "That surprises me! You seem so...you know." He gave a wave to indicate the crowd, "And you are plenty badass. Though, if you wanna prove badassery, you have to play Quite Hill 2. In the dark."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 02:48:58 pm »
"Trendy?" Blaise finished for Alaric, grinning and looking out at the crowd. "Now, Quiet Hill, eh? Always been meaning to play that one; it looks right up my alley. You own it? Because that almost sounded like a challenge to me."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 04:18:20 pm »
"I was gonna say cool, but trendy works." Alaric grinned and nodded his head, "Fuck yeah I own it. That game gives nightmares man. Be prepared for fear. And you gotta play it lights off."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 04:11:30 pm »
"Well then. When's your next day off?" Blaise asked, finishing off his beer in one long swallow. "'Cause I got to take you up on this now. If I don't, see, I'll just look like I'm too scared, eh?"

He wasn't very good at video games, being just a casual gamer, but he enjoyed them. He just didn't get all into the competitive aspect of it, of having to get all the things or unlock all the achievements. And, well, it sounded like fun and it was as good an excuse as any to hang out more.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 10:35:13 pm »
Alaric's cheeks flushed in the dim club and he quickly took a long pull. That sounded kinda intimate, but Alaric shoved those stupid thoughts aside. It wasn't going to happen, and after getting his heart broken by Remi, he shouldn't even be thinking them.

"I would have to check my schedule." Alaric gave a short laugh, "Full days off are kinda hard to come by. I can probably get an evening free pretty soon though. I can make dinner and laugh while you piss yourself in fe-"

He broke off when the music changed, switching from a playlist to the actual DJ.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 02:03:03 pm »
The music changed, butting into their conversation, and Blaise waited until the DJ had finished her intro and started onto the first song before speaking up again.

"Sounds great to me," he said with a grin. "I never say no to a home-cooked meal. Just tell me when so I can plan." Then he paused, pushing his beer glass aside. "Wanna dance?"

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 09:27:17 pm »
Alaric glanced at the dance floor, hesitating. Normally, if he was out with friends, he would be out there dancing with the grace and skill of a dying duck. But he didn't want to look stupid in front of Blaise, "Oh, uh, I'm not very dancing inclined. All right feet and all. You can! I've got my drink and stuff."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 07:51:00 pm »
"Hey, I'm not dancin' to show off my mad skills I don't have!" Blaise said with a laugh, reaching out to tug on Alaric's arm. "It's just for fun. C'mon. I won't judge if you won't?"

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 09:34:11 pm »
"I'm really bad and, uh, I tend to stick out." Alaric was several inches taller than even the tall people dancing. And the horns were a little eye catching. He flushed and gave an awkward smile, feeling awful for ruining the fun, "Maybe after a few more drinks."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal