Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Eva von Draconis Mission Log  (Read 767 times)

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
Eva von Draconis Mission Log
« on: June 03, 2011, 01:47:54 pm »
[WARNING! DO NOT POST DATES, TIMES, OR SHIP NAMES IN ANY PRIVATE BLOGS DURING A COLONY SEARCH. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS DIRECTIVE MAY BE TRIED AS TREASON!]

Entry One Hundred Twenty Seven:
Mood: Annoyed. Very annoyed.
[EDIT: PER USER REQUEST, THIS LOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO A PRIVATE DATABASE.]

Yeah, yeah, Frau Pingulkruvi, [EDIT: I AM WELL AWARE OF THE MEANING OF 99.9% OF ALL ORIGINAL STOCK SLURS, EPITHETS, SLANG, INSULTS, AND OATHS, IMPERIAL KNIGHT EVA VON DRACONIS.] we all were briefed on the regs before we left. Would you please excuse yourself from my private mission log? [EDIT: YOU ARE LOGGING THIS ON A PUBLIC CHANNEL, EVA. THIS IS HARDLY PRIVATE.] ... Light's fangs, Posten von Zahnrädern, we're not on alert, and this hardly qualifies as suspicious activity. Go screw Heilung Engel [EDIT, I AM NOT INVOLVED WITH THAT AI. FURTHERMORE, YOUR ISSUES WITH IMPERIAL LIEUTENANT BERTHA DO NOT EXCUSE YOUR RUDENESS.] already and let me log in peace. You know what? Command Code 0-855713, switch code Sword of Courage. [EDIT: [SIGH] VERY WELL. I'LL HAVE TROTZIGE SCHWERT MONITOR THIS. AT LEAST YOU DON'T HATE HER.] She didn't nearly crush my Custom after screwing up a simple training mission. [EDIT: YOU REALLY SHOULD LET THAT GO, EVA. ALSO, I'D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU DIDN'T WAKE ME UP EVERY TIME POSTEN VON ZAHNRADERN SCREWS UP. IT ISN'T MY FAULT SHE IS INEPT AT MILITARY COMMAND PROTOCOLS, ESPECIALLY SINCE SHE IS A SYSAD AI.] Sorry. H.E. is a bit busy, and none of the other AI's have administrative duties. Moving along...

Well... It all started with a bang, namely a certain incompetent AI [EDIT: EVA...] screwing up the training orders. ...Sorry... As I was saying... Said unnamed AI nearly got half a wing killed by managing to mix up 'live fire' and 'dummy fire'. Seriously. An AI screwed up that big. Yeah. Let's just say the repair crews weren't happy about that one. After that royal screwup, at which point (T.Z. will probably edit here to remind me of discipline... *sighs* I really should calm down...) she should have been taken off MiCo duty, she managed to somehow compound her incompetence by nearly crushing my Schatten Falken 117C! Does that tühi kahur have any clue how hard those are to come by? 122C's are almost standard issue, but 117C's would be a year's combat pay for me if it weren't for the unusually high compensation (Seriously? No edit?) [EDIT: I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO TOUCH THAT ONE.] (Too bad you're an AI...) [EDIT: I PREFER TO THINK OF YOU AS A LITTLE SISTER, EVA. NO OFFENSE.] (None taken.), and yet she was throwing that talon around like it was one of those claw-skill things humans used to have way back whenever it was... (If it isn't Draconian, history is forever beyond my grasp...) while my Custom was in it! So then, by this time, the AI's incompetence had gotten the attention of nearly all the pilots on the ship, and several of us went to file a formal complaint. Except that an Imperial Lieutenant decided we weren't. She spouted some toorikud about her being the only available AI and using the maintenence on Trotzige Zchwert as an excuse, despite having two backup MiCo's doing nothing, and ordered us to drop it. I have already filed a report on the matter, as have a few of the other pilots. At least the whole ordeal got the AI sent in for maintenance. Turns out she'd been on the Tartarus undernet and gotten herself sick while looking for some bedtime stories to read, which makes me glad yet again for the fact that AI's are on standalone servers, and annoyed that no one noticed the sudden Command Restriction. My guess? [EDIT: REDACTED. FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.]

End.

PS: T.Z., when you get a chance, could you have P.v.D. contact me? I think I should apologise for snapping at her... Not her fault her mainenance was improperly scheduled. [EDIT: WILL DO, EVA.]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
Re: Eva von Draconis Mission Log
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 12:42:47 am »
[WARNING! DO NOT POST DATES, TIMES, OR SHIP NAMES IN ANY PRIVATE BLOGS DURING A COLONY SEARCH. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS DIRECTIVE MAY BE TRIED AS TREASON!]

Entry One Hundred Thirty Two:
Mood: What's that expression humans have? Meg? Heh? Moo? Blarg?

I think secondary might be hitting early... That, or T.Z. was right about that meat being spoiled. My head's all fuzzy, and then there's the cramps and the feelings of nausea... [EDIT; EVA, GO TO MEDBAY. NOW. SERIOUSLY, YOUR STOMACH CONTENTS SHOULD NOT BE THAT COLOR.] It's alright, T.Z. That's just some juice I drank earlier. ...Wait, have you been spying on me? [EDIT: I WAS ASKED TO BY THE ADMIRAL.] You know you don't have to watch someone just because they ask, right? [EDIT: AS IN ORDERED.] Oh. Why? [EDIT: BECAUSE SHE NOTICED YOU ACTING STRANGELY. SERIOUSLY, THOUGH, GO TO MEDBAY. THAT'S AN ORDER.]

Okay, so it looks like I caught some sort of magic-immune virus when I went to that space station (all I heard was blahblahblahgrounde dblahblahblahimmune blahblahcan't handleblahblahblah. .. Probably the head-fuzzy's fault.). I'm grounded for three weeks while they give me nanomachine therapy, which is the estimate the doctor gave me (a cute one, I might add.) [EDIT: SHE'S OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE. ALSO, SHE'S MATED TO YOUR WING COMMANDER, SO ASKING HER OUT WOULD LIKELY BE A BAD CAREER MOVE.] Killjoy. [EDIT: I LOVE YOU TOO, EVA.] So, yeah... Three weeks stuck on a tin can in the middle of nowhere. At least I have you to keep me company, T.Z. Think the doc would mind [EDIT: DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. I'LL TRY TO GET YOU SOME VIDS TO WATCH, FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH.] Thanks, sis.

End.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

Mechanic Sarah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 07:27:07 pm »
[WARNING! DO NOT POST DATES, TIMES, OR SHIP NAMES IN ANY PRIVATE BLOGS DURING A COLONY ESTABLISHMENT. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS DIRECTIVE MAY BE TRIED AS TREASON!]

Entry One Hundred Forty:
Mood: Relieved, if slightly annoyed.

You know, it's strange that you never notice things you shouldn't be doing when you're in the heat of battle, those ancient songs ringing in your mind. The hunger and the sleepiness hit me like a lance the second the battle rush wore off. I think I spent the last standard week asleep, and I heard the medics had me on a feeding needle the whole time. I, for one, am just glad to not be on some prison station on... What's that expression humans use? [EDIT: "ON THE ASS END OF NOWHERE", I BELIEVE.] T.Z! They transferred you to [EDIT: Redacted. You know why. Don't let it happen again.]? Sorry, Captain. [EDIT: Just be glad no one from higher up was monitoring this.] [EDIT: YES, EVA.] Great!

As I was saying, though... Nice to be free again. Even better knowing I didn't give those [EDIT: LANGUAGE, EVA. I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH, BUT REGS ARE REGS.] anything but grief. Though it is a little dampened by the fact that it cost so many lives... In the end, we weren't able to rescue too many because those [EDIT: LANGUAGE. AGAIN.] kept flooding any cells we got close to... Another day, perhaps.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:37:54 am by GIR »

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 06:55:28 pm »
[WARNING! DO NOT POST DATES, TIMES, OR SHIP NAMES IN ANY PRIVATE BLOGS DURING A COLONY ESTABLISHMENT. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS DIRECTIVE MAY BE TRIED AS TREASON!]

Entry One Hundred Forty-One:
Mood: Worried

Got a message from my old ship. Can't say which because we're still in the establishment phase, but it has me very worried. Apparently, my old squadron got sent out to investigate what looked suspiciously like a Hestari scout ship a few days ago. It splashed before they could get a good look, but that's not the weird thing. The thing that has my old squad (and me, by proxy) worried is what the scout was apparently looking at.

Hestari tend to operate their ships like they swim, which is to say they can't spy on someone facing in the opposite direction. They have a bad habit of facing their ships exactly the way they're looking. That's important.  Because, according to the reports in the database (they weren't the only ones who saw the scout), that scout ship wasn't looking at us. It was looking in the direction of the contested worlds. [EDIT: I'M SURPRISED I HAVEN'T HAD TO EDIT ANYTHING.] What could possibly be out there that they'd want to be watching more closely than us? If the Hestari are looking to expand, there's plenty of territory that isn't within throwing distance of us, and, if they're setting up a listening post, the contested worlds are a stupid place even for them. I asked some of the older pilots what their take on it was, and they told me the fact that the scout ran without even trying to take out the fighters is highly unusual. So what's got the Hestari so jumpy, and yet so willing to risk pissing us off to set up shop here, of all places? [EDIT: GO TO BED, EVA. YOU'RE STARTING TO WORRY ME. I'VE ALSO MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH ONE OF THE SHIP'S CHAPLAINS. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FORGETTING IT. I DO HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO REMOVE YOU FROM ACTIVE DUTY PENDING A FULL WORKUP, IF I NEED TO.] T.Z, I'm worried, okay? It happens. [EDIT: SINCE WHEN DO YOU WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING GROUNDSIDE?] When the one race that won't let us take one step toward improving our arsenal without renegotiating the treaty suddenly sets up camp right next door and keeps nervous eyes on the woods and not us. Any chance you could set up a call home, as well? [EDIT: DONE. NOW GO TO BED AND TRY TO STOP WORRYING.]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 06:57:40 pm by GIR »

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal