Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Late night noodles  (Read 15386 times)

Offline Tally

Re: Late night noodles
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 11:30:41 pm »
He wanted to drop it on Cyrus's head, but he thought he might run screaming from the building.  He, the soldier, the man's man.  Great gods.  He could be such a sissy about telekinesis.

Temple set the beetle on the ground and watched it scurry away.

"Happy?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 11:42:08 pm »
"No," Cyrus growled, staring down at the beetle as it scurried off as though expecting it to take to the air again. He didn't stop watching it until it had vanished into a crack. "I would've been happier if ya hadn't done that shit at all. It's fuckin' creepy. And wrong. And not right."

Slowly, he returned to his chair and scowled at Temple. "Now finish your food already. We ain't got all day."
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 12:39:43 am »
Oh if Cyrus only knew just how often Temple read his mind and the minds of everyone around them.  He probably would have shot him a long time ago if he had any concept of how very prevalent and pervasive telepathy was around him.  Temple had been here for weeks and Cyrus still wasn't used to the idea.

"I'm done with this.  Outstanding as it is."  Temple nudged the bowl away.  He'd met Cyrus's beetle challenge and didn't care to eat any more of it.

"You are such a baby."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 12:50:16 am »
"I'm a baby? Me? Says the priss that won't eat his beetles!" Cyrus shot back with a glower. "Which, by the way, ya best get used to 'cause you're gonna be eatin' a lot of those."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 01:41:54 am »
"Hey, I ate your disgusting bug Amadori.  And just what are you willing to do to prove you're not terrified of anyone with telekinesis?"  As he said it, he swept a brush of telekinesis up Cyrus's back.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 02:17:47 am »
Cyrus let out a rather undignified squeal and spun around to face...open air. He whirled back around to glare at Temple and raised his hands, fingers clutching as though wanting to either strangle him or just cringe. "Didn't I tell ya to stop that?! Stop that! I ain't scared it's just creepy as shit!"

He crossed his arms over his chest. "'Sides, ain't exactly like ya strike fear into the hearts of no one. Maybe the old folk ya get your sweaters from."

Offline Tally

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2011, 10:36:11 pm »
Temple shot to his feet and got into Cyrus's face.  If Cyrus wanted to constantly insult him that was fine.  He just had better be ready to deal with the consequences.  Cyrus's problem was he'd gotten too used to people backing down because they were afraid of him.  Well he could yell at Temple all day and it wouldn't do a bit of difference.

"For not being afraid you sure squealed like a little girl just now."

They were drawing stares, not just from others in the noodle joint but from people passing by on the street as well.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 09:20:50 pm »
'''Cause there's such a thing as personal space and I count psychic freakiness as invadin' it! Stop touchin' me!" Cyrus snapped back, giving Temple a shove.

Offline Tally

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 09:26:20 pm »
Temple couldn't go shoving Cyrus—the physics of it weren't on his side—so he stepped up to him so they were inches apart and got up in his face again.  He didn't back down, not for anything.  Pity he couldn't go all out here, but he had a feeling Harmony would put an end to him if he used obvious telekinesis in public.

"Keep your hands off me, Amadori."

They had a genuine audience now, but no one made a move to stop them yet.  Possibly because they wanted to see it, possibly because some of them recognized Cyrus and didn't want to interfere with a military man.  Temple was too preoccupied to look into their minds and find out just then.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 09:46:45 pm »
"Don't like that, d'ya? Keep my hands off ya, huh?" Cyrus gave him another push, not backing down and not caring that Temple was in his face. Little womanly punk like him didn't scare him.

People were watching, but he didn't give a fuck right then. He'd had it! "Then why don'tcha start keepin' your...your...tentacles off me? Huh?" Another shove.

Offline Tally

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 10:30:41 pm »
A little warning voice inside Temple cautioned him.  If he got any more angry he'd do something they'd both regret.  Be real careful here, Rosales.  There's very little stopping him from killing you.

One of them had to stay in control here.  Please gods, let it be him.

"Yeah, that's what I said, and you can shove me all you want, 'cause I didn't do shit wrong.  If you weren't such a chickenshit maybe it wouldn't scare you so much."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2011, 09:57:46 pm »
As much as it killed him to admit it, Temple did have him there--technically, the little shit hadn't done anything wrong but be annoying and difficult, and thus far there was no law against that. He scowled at Temple and, just because he could, shoved his shoulder one last time, though it wasn't as hard as the last few.

"Listen, punk. Ya should be respectin' peoples' boundaries and shit. Ya don't like being pushed, well I don't like being felt up by your little 'invisible hands'!" he snapped, holding up his hands and wiggling his fingers to drive home his point. "So stop touchin' me, ya brat. It don't scare me, it's just creepy!"

And he'd squealed like a girl. But dammit, he would justify that to the death. "Gods! I feed ya and lookit how ya treat me."

Offline Tally

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 01:04:39 am »
"Oh, like you respect mine?  You bait me and you know it, so stop crying about it when I give it back to you."  If Cyrus couldn't handle retaliation—an extremely mild one at that—then he should keep his snide little comments to himself.  He'd be damned if let Cyrus try to tell him he should be respecting people.

"And you only brought me here 'cause you knew I wouldn't like your cave food, so don't even try and give me this charity bullshit."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 02:30:57 pm »
"The hell ya talkin' about?" Cyrus asked, raising an eyebrow. "Cave food? Uh, yeaaah? Ya realize where we live? Underground?" Cyrus really didn't see the point Temple was trying to make. Everyone ate the same stuff here. What else was Temple expecting to eat?

Though, yeah, he really had wanted to see the ickle outsider eat their particular cuisine for the first time.

Offline Tally

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 01:14:04 pm »
He leveled a flat look at Cyrus.  "I would call some of your quote food unquote more edible than others.  You brought me here to see if I'd gag on your beetles."

He became aware of every eye in the noodle stand and on the street watching them.  He'd been aware of it before, just hadn't cared with Cyrus yelling at him.  Even the guy behind the counter was leaning over like they were some show.

They all knew he was an outsider now.  They all wondered, and speculated.

Temple brushed past Cyrus and pulled him with him by the arm.  "Let's go already."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2011, 05:34:06 pm »
"Hey, ya gotta get used to 'em eventually. Good source of protein! 'Sides," Cyrus said with a grin, leaning over conspiratorially, "they're mashed up in most of what ya've already eaten."

Okay, so they were usually eaten whole, and he didn't really know that, but he couldn't help himself.

While Temple was aware of their spectators, Cyrus really wasn't. Sure he noticed it, but it didn't weigh on him in the same way, nor click in the same way. For him, it was just because they'd been rowdy and hey, big deal. So when Temple suddenly grabbed his arm and was on the move, he startled.

"Huh?" He jerked his arm free. "Who lit a fire under your ass alluva sudden?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2011, 11:42:14 pm »
Gods the man was thick.  Temple spun and thew his voice low.  "I said let's go.  There are too many people here wondering where the hell I came from and wondering just what you were talking about so plainly in public."

Among the conditions to his continued existence were that no one knew they had a Pilot in the city.  He was not seeing that condition broken because Cyrus stupidly opened his mouth where he shouldn't have.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2011, 11:56:06 pm »
"Oh."

Realization dawned and Cyrus's expression sobered as the weight of the situation sank in. Sure, weeks ago, Cyrus may have lamented not shooting Temple when he had the chance to save them all that wreck of a situation, but now? Like it or not, his opinions on Temple aside, the kid was his responsibility and if he died now, it was on his head. Things had sort of changed. Kid was a fucking brat, but he was no longer just a faceless, nameless Pilot. Dangerous as fuck still, but he couldn't in good conscience pull the trigger on him now when he hadn't yet done anything to warrant it.

Couldn't in good conscience let others take him out, either. And really, he wasn't so bad. Punkass kid, sure, but there were a lot of those around and you didn't go around putting them down just for being a dick.

And okay, so that meal had been almost alright, even. Tolerable.

He turned and shot the spectators a smoldering glare. "The fuck y'all lookin' at? Mind your own fuckin' business and eat your goddamn noodles, will ya?"

That said, he nudged Temple and nodded, then started off away from the noodle stand.

Offline Tally

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2011, 11:15:53 am »
Temple maintained his mask of cold indifference until they were out of sight, then rubbed at the bridge of his nose.  He was psychic, and even he didn't know why the hell Cyrus thought that was a good idea.

"Smooth, Amadori.  Over-defensiveness will surely convince everyone there was nothing noteworthy there to concern themselves with."

He supposed he should be grateful to have Cyrus's temper directed at someone else for a change.  It was a momentary and subtle shift, but for a few moments it had been he and Cyrus against others instead of against each other.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2011, 09:23:52 pm »
"Oh, wouldja just shut up," Cyrus growled. "Does nothin' please you or what? Goddamn you're finicky as a girl, do this and do that but not like that, damn. And excuse me but who thought it was a good idea to start like...psychic-powering bugs into the air?" he added, waving his hands to demonstrate.

As soon as he said it, his eyes went wide and he gave a quick glance around the area, suddenly very conscious (if a little too late) of mentioning that word out loud. Fortunately, he'd lead them to a rather vacant area, but he still gave a slightly guilty wince. Right. Alright. So the kid had a point. He had to stop doing that, but--

He pointed at Temple. "Ya want me to be smooth, ya stop with the freakshow, yeah?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal