Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Free! Sort of! [Rhi!]  (Read 5454 times)

Offline Tally

Re: Free! Sort of! [Rhi!]
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 09:20:41 pm »
"No, I wouldn't," he said, refusing to lean away.  Not that he wanted to start something here in public.  That would not go his way, no matter the outcome. He just wasn't going to cringe away just because Cyrus wanted to get in his face.

"Good to know you're finally accepting that."  It would be a step forward if he could get Cyrus to take his memory loss for granted, as a fact, instead of as some ploy he was using.  The amnesia had certainly benefited him, but it didn't change the reality of it.  He still had no notion of who he had been before the apparent head trauma he'd suffered.

"I'm going to try on a few things.  Could you wait here—oh, that's right.  You have to."

Given his limited options, he was going for the basics. A few plain tees and some jeans.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 03:36:10 pm »
Well, that backfired fast. Cyrus grimaced, annoyed that he hadn't seen that one coming.

"I ain't accepted it, Violet. I still think you're a sneaky little shit," he groused, crossing his arms over his chest. "Dunno what game you're playin' at, but you'll fuck up eventually. Just a matter of time, so best mind your Ps and Qs."

He waved a hand at the Pilot in a shooing motion. "So run along now. Hurry it up. I'll just...be out here if ya need assurance your ass ain't fat or somethin' precious like that."

Goddamn but this sucked balls. There would be hell to pay if Temple decided to draw this out. Shopping was miserable enough as it was without adding insult to it!
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 07:39:34 pm »
Temple briefly entertained the notion of pushing his luck and trying on a hundred different outfits and asking for Cyrus's detailed opinion on every single one of them, but he could only push the soldier so far before he got slugged in the face or something.

He emerged from the dressing room in the new clothes.  They looked okay, and he didn't give much of a shit what Cyrus had to say about them.  It would be something predictable he was sure.

"P's and Q's?  What does that even mean?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2011, 04:18:05 pm »
While Temple was off playing beauty school with himself, Cyrus passed the time people-watching. Or, more appropriately, checking out the women that passed by and silently lamenting the fact that he had to babysit when he could be out getting lucky. Or hunting. Or drinking. Or doing something otherwise worthwhile. If this new job put a crimp in his social life, he was going to be irate. No way he could score when he was hanging around some dude that looked like a lady. People would get all the wrong ideas.

Finally Violet returned, looking less like a prisoner and more like a Teinari, and Cyrus straightened up and gave him a brief once-over. Alright, so it hadn't been that long, but any excuse to bitch at Temple for something was a good enough excuse for him. "No granny sweaters, huh?" It was more of an observation than a question.

Temple's comment, however, made him pause.

"What? Oh, uh...Ps and Qs, it means, uh..." Well, shit. Cyrus scrunched his face in thought, then gave a huff and waved his hand impatiently. "Aw, hell, it just means watch yourself, punk, the fuck ya think it means? Shit, ya ask some stupid questions."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 11:34:22 pm »
Ohhh how adorable.  Cyrus didn't know the answer.  That was, of course, the reason he'd asked.  To see Cyrus scrambling over it.  Had to entertain himself, didn't he?  And his options were severely limited in ways to get back at these people for all they were putting him through.  Cyrus just had the poor fortune of being the one person most available for his petty little pieces of revenge.

"So you have no idea what it means, is what you're saying."  Temple dumped his old clothes in Cyrus's arms.  He could carry those, Temple would carry the new stuff. "How do you know you're even using the phrase correctly?  What if you've been using it wrong your whole life and no one ever had the heart to tell you?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 11:46:10 pm »
"Ain't what I'm saying at all! Shit, ya don't pay attention, do y--the hell's this?" Cyrus made a face at the clothes he was suddenly stuck with and was faced with the childish urge to shove them back in Temple's face.

"Since when am I your maid? Ain't no maids here, Violet," he said, and shoved the clothes back into Temple's arms, on top of the new ones, before side-stepping fast to dodge a possible counter-attack. "And anyway, that's how everyone uses it and I know damned well what it means and--and why the fuck d'ya care, anyway? Ya some language teacher or somethin'? Couldn't make it to the field so got stuck teachin' folks how to talk good?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »
"Didn't expect a soldier to be so lazy."  After a moment of consideration he tossed the clothes on the floor.  He didn't want them, and he didn't want to carry them. He was wearing the new clothes out.

Violet, again.  Yeah, they needed to hurry through this so he could spin Cyrus in the air or pull up some of his embarrassing memories and oh so casually bring them up. Or maybe freak him out by levitating a few things.

"I could take you one on one," he said.  Like hell he was going to let Cyrus get away with that one.  He'd back it up, too.  Not that they'd give him the option of fighting one of their soldiers, but he'd do it given the chance.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 12:16:28 am »
Cyrus side-eyed Temple hard, eyebrow arching. "Pansy like you? Take me on? Punk, I could break ya over my knee like a stick."

He quickly raised a finger. "'Sides, your psychic mumbo jumbo? That don't count. That's cheatin'. What I'm talkin' 'bout is the true test of manliness, hand-to-hand, no weapons, no voodoo, no funny business, just you, your opponent, and somethin' to prove."

Offline Tally

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 05:19:15 pm »
Temple scoffed.  "You could try.  And you can keep telling yourself that psionics don't matter but they're just as valid as any other physical ability."

This was degenerating fast.  Temple grabbed up a couple more pairs of jeans and more colors of the same shirt he wore.  If he could just get some shoes before one of them ran out of patience, he'd consider this visit a success.

"That makes no sense.  That's like saying you should fight with one hand tied behind your back."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 06:17:58 pm »
"Still cheatin'," Cyrus repeated with a frown. "And you're the one's makin' no sense. I ain't tellin' ya to tie your hands, I'm saying fightin' hand to hand ain't valid when one person's got a gun. Or crazy superpower shit. Ya gonna pick that up or what?"

He nudged the discarded clothes with his boot.

Offline Tally

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 10:41:35 pm »
"Looks like I'm not."  Temple left the clothes behind, leaving Cyrus to pick them up if it bothered him so much.  A rusty orange and brown sign hanging from the ceiling marked the shoe department.  All the way on the other side of the building.  He was starting to long for his cell.

"Anything is valid in a fight.  There's no such thing as cheating.  You do what you have to to win.  How did you get to where you are being so whiny?"  The words left him unsettled.  They were true to him, he could feel that.  He believed in them, but he didn't know why, couldn't put a source to his conviction.  Strong on the outside, it proved hollow and elusive if he attempted to chase down the reasons for it.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 09:09:12 pm »
"Got shit in your ears or what? I ain't talkin' fight fights, I'm talkin' one-on-one. Brawlin', sparrin', whatever. You're just makin' excuses 'cause you know you couldn't take me on your own. Not without your magic ya couldn't, twig like you."

Cyrus gave one last guilty look at the clothes on the ground, then stepped over them and hurried along. Eh...whatever. That's what they had workers here for, to keep the place tidy. Besides, someone could probably find a use for them, and he wasn't going to get stuck carrying Violet's sweaty old clothes around the whole fucking city. He'd just pretend he hadn't seen anything.

Offline Tally

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 11:35:15 pm »
"Oh yes, tell me more about fighting," he said.  "I don't know anything about that."

One of these days—not anytime soon for obvious reasons—but one of these days he was going to have to convince Cyrus to go one-on-one with him.  Beating the man in a fight was the only thing he could think of that would shut him up about this for good.  Convincing Cyrus would probably be the easier part.  Finding a place and a time to do it that wouldn't get him killed for it would be the real trick.

Thank the gods he had Cyrus's pride to play against.  That was going to make like so easy in so many ways.

"You willing to back up those words?" he said, excessively casual, browsing some of the plain shoes they had.  He just needed something to wear daily, something that would hold up and didn't look like it had come out of the stone age.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 12:35:18 am »
"Obviously not," Cyrus said with a roll of his eyes, trudging along after him. Oh yay, shoe shopping now. Were they going to go underwear shopping, too? With a sigh, Cyrus poked around some boots to give himself something to do, already going out of his mind with boredom.

He turned a boot over in his hands, inspecting the quality, and flicked a glance at Temple. "Tch. In a heartbeat, Violet. I know I could kick your skinny ass from here to Edanith."

Offline Tally

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 09:52:56 pm »
"I don't know why you're so bored," Temple muttered.  "We're in a store.  Buy something, browse.  There must be something you need."

He considered commenting on the exact number of shirts Cyrus had in his closet and how he should get a few replacements for the threadbare ones he was wearing out, but that was just impulsiveness talking.  Cyrus didn't need any more reminders that Temple could read his mind.  He was quite aware of that.  Was often hyper aware of it.

"Maybe we'll find out."  He nudged his shoes off and tried on a pair.  Even without telekinesis, he felt his chances against Cyrus would be good, at least fifty fifty.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2011, 11:35:30 pm »
"Don't need nothin'," Cyrus groused, tossing the boot back onto the pile. "I don't just buy stuff to have stuff like you people. Now hurry it up. Shoes is shoes is shoes, goddamn."

But despite all his grumbling for the sake of grumbling--really, no matter what Temple did, he couldn't win right now--he ended up picking up an extra pair and purchased them wordlessly. It was only practical. He had a dangerous and work-intensive job, he went through boots fast. He tried to be subtle about it, taking care of the transaction while Temple was trying on shoes.

"Like I said, Violet, time and place. Ya name it, it's on. No voodoo, no tricks, just skill."

Offline Tally

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 09:59:38 pm »
Temple popped up next to him as the clerk was stuffing the box in a bag.  "Found something huh?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 10:04:06 pm »
Cyrus jerked in alarm and leveled a glare at the Pilot. "Weren't ya tryin' on shoes?" he snapped, grabbing the bag from the clerk.

Offline Tally

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 05:25:25 pm »
Temple smirked, and let his satisfaction show.  "I was.  I'm done now.  Do you need a few more minutes or...?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 02:19:33 pm »
Scowling at Temple, Cyrus shook his head and fought back the flush. "Well aren'tcha special. Ya find anything or what? We done here? Can we leave? Or do we gotta hit cosmetics next?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal