Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Unacceptable. (Sam!)  (Read 2949 times)

Anonymous

Re: Unacceptable. (Sam!)
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 02:18:03 pm »
He stared at the ground as the Pilot communicated him telepathically.  Absolon wasn’t sure that he liked that.  Sure, he knew that the man was deaf and so probably more inclined to do so, but every now and again, psychic conversations just bugged  him.  They were alright if you needed a bit of privacy, but sometimes Absolon simply didn’t like the idea of someone saying something that no one else could hear.  He liked to be in the know.  Of course, if it was keeping his own secrets safe, that was perfectly fine!

“Mm?” he grunted, turning back to Ezekiel and the cigarette packet.  The teenager didn’t hesitate in taking one, offering a nod and as close to a genuine smile of thanks as anybody was ever likely to get out of him.  “Ta,” he said.  “Unfortunately, there’s some things I’m not sure I could ever learn to enjoy.”

Getting the shit kicked out of him would always be one of them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 02:43:50 pm »
"What, you thought it would be all sunshine and rainbows?" Ezekiel said, leaning over and flicking on his lighter.  He held it beneath the Candidate's cig and waited for him to draw breath.  "You're such an optimist, Kaskara."  He extinguished his flame and settled back against the table, smiling with his lips closed, lazily.  He tucked the lighter back in his pocket.  

"Well!"  He said it out loud, with an exhalation of breath, slapping his palms on his thighs and straightening his arms in half a stretch.  He ended with his fingers clenched on his kneecaps and his elbows locked.  He rolled his shoulders.  "Ah.  Enjoy that cig, Candidate.  I should 'et going."

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 02:13:59 pm »
---

Whee, teaching crypto today.  Because Rilke and the CU-18 guys were busy with Real Things, he'd gotten the intro class this time around. Sure, he still had to wear Candigray, but he had the red accents, so even the assholes had to respect him.  Or at least stay quiet in his class... Liv enjoyed his authority far more than he thought healthy.  Then again, since when had anyone been able to call him healthy?

He paced back and forth in front of the board while he lectured, probably talking a little too much per problem.  Probably a little too arrogantly, too.  Somehow he'd never been able to throw off those particular habits.  Perhaps he'd had a poor role model, in megalomania-is-bad terms, what.

It was still hard for him to cope with the ones who were actually good at this, too. That shouldn't be surprising, since it was a handpicked class.  Never were okay with anyone else being remotely good at anything--he coped by flirting with the smart ones.  

Today they were trying to restore bits to binary additive ciphers.  Very hard at the best of times.  Solo Kaskara was doing okay, though, so Liv popped up a window on his screen and told him so.  When the Candidate looked up, he winked, leaning with one elbow on the podium.  Okay, Liv, encouragement or messing with him? To be fair, he thought the Candidate was kind of a nasty person... attractive, maybe, but not nice.

Solo looked puzzled, so Liv winked again.

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 02:44:13 pm »
Solo exhaled deeply, staring at the screen and punching in numbers with one hand, propping up his head with the other.  Mathematics had never really been one of his favourite subjects – he preferred more creative outlets than equations and the like – but he couldn’t help but appreciate the simplicity of it.  You were either right or wrong (in most circumstances, anyway), and that was that.  A little basic, but it was far more interesting in cryptology, at least.  Even if the Candidate lecturer had a tendency to ramble.

Whose idea was it to make Candidates teach, anyway?  Some of them were damn incompetent.  Sulo was one of the better ones, sure, but Absolon had the displeasure of being educated by a couple of imbeciles already, too.

He glanced up when he noticed the flicker of his screen, the not-so-appealing face of the elder Candidate buzzing up with a bit of praise for his good work.  Well, of course it was good, he wasn’t stupid.  Sure, it was difficult, but as long as you didn’t give up, you got there in the end, right?  Provided you had the right knowledge, anyway.  He was about to turn his attention back to the problem when he noticed a wink.  

What the hell?

Solo frowned, but the bastard only winked at him again.  What the fuck was that?  He reluctantly tore himself away from glaring daggers at the screen to try and continue his work.  Was the praise some kind of piss take?

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 03:03:59 pm »
Liv wandered the room, looking over people's shoulders so he could give help individually.  Some of the Candidates didn't take too kindly to it, but by this point, he realized with something of a jolt, most new Candidates hadn't been around for his Unfortunate Phase.  For his awkward constantly-embarrassed-by-everything phase.  True, a few had been around for the end of his bald phase.

He stopped behind Solo and braced a hand on his desk.  Behind the younger Candidate, he blew a breath out onto his neck.

"Phew, finished already!"  Since he was still frantically checking, didn't look like he'd noticed.  "Good job."  He patted him on the back.  "Knowing when you're done.  It's half the battle."

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 07:57:48 am »
The Candidate continued with his work, distracting himself with the encryption in order to better ignore the bastard now patrolling the room.  He glanced up every now and again to check where the senior Candidate was and, when he looked up again, he was no where to be seen.  Oh?

Solo scowled when the guy’s hand appeared on his desk, realising all too late that he was behind him.  It could’ve been worse, he supposed.  It wasn’t as though he was doing or saying anything embarrassing (not that he would’ve been embarrassed in the slightest to be caught insulting someone).  But when he felt Liv’s breath on the back of his neck, Solo’s skin crawled and his expression contorted into a vicious sneer.

What the hell was he doing?

He peered over his shoulder when the older man spoke, then back to his work, and resisted the urge to curse under his breath.  It probably would’ve given Sulo some sort of smug satisfaction, judging by the way he was talking.  He was taking the piss.  And the hand on his shoulder?  Really not appreciated.

“I can’t help being so eager when I have such a good teacher,” he drawled, his tone more than enough to advertise his displeasure with the other Candidate.

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 02:05:47 pm »
Jerkass.

"And here I'm not even trying!"  Liv ruffled Solo's hair.  "Okay, re-encrypt and send to me, please.  Hop to."  He rocked the Candidate's head back and forth, then extricated fingers from hair and stepped neatly back, to pace the room.  

After awhile, he went back to his station and sent a message to every terminal in the room.  One-half got 'You're cute!'  Smiley.  The other 'Hey, fuck-ugly, don't look up.'  Without these little distractions class would be boring.  He wondered whether anyone would realize he'd attached a code tag, or whether they'd all be too annoyed at the interruption to get the extra credit.  Hm.  It was like a psychology experiment.

Liv hummed to himself and leaned on the podium, browsing the SAS fansite and looking up occasionally to make sure no one needed him.  They either did not, or just did not want.  Okay, about the usual.  Sad, no one loves you.  He paused to wink at Solo again, because it seemed to piss him off more than most, once the hour was over and his class had begun to file out of the room.

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 12:25:01 pm »
Absolon’s whole body stiffened when he felt the unwanted hand on his head, bracing himself against the older Candidate’s harassment.  He couldn’t conceal the heartfelt snarl on his face for a moment, but quickly straightened up and cooled himself down when he caught a neighbouring Stage Two’s wandering eyes.  This joke of a lecturer could be a jerk to him, fine, but he didn’t want everyone else seeing him looking flustered.  Not that it made the twat’s actions any more welcome.

He grumbled to himself under his breath after Liv left, and set about re-encrypting the file as commanded.  It took less time than he had originally expected and, much to his surprise, a message popped up on his screen: “You’re cute!”

Solo sneered as he sent the completed file.

He couldn’t stop thinking about the bastard’s actions as he packed up his files and began to exit the room; should he have done something to react?  Being ‘violated’ was one thing, but not properly defending himself just pissed him off all the more.  He rolled his eyes, glancing over his shoulder at the Stage 5 by the podium and got winked at again.  That does it.

Solo brushed past his fellow Stage Twos, making his way over to the podium.  He wiped the sour expression off his face, replacing it with his default, stoic one.  He didn’t like being made a fool of.  “Do the other Candidates get treatment as excellent as mine, or am I just special?” the teenager asked as the remainder of the students wandered out.

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 03:01:52 pm »
Liv finished securing his terminal before he turned to Solo.  He touched the tip of the other Candidate's nose with one finger.  Had to reach up a bit to do so; there was a height difference of four inches or so.  He ran his finger lightly over the Solo's cheek, then let it fall away.

"Nope," he said flatly, wiping his hand on his pants. "You are not special, fluffykins."  Most demeaning name possible, check.  This guy was a bully and a petty egoist, Liv knew his type.  "'Scuse."  He motioned--an impatient flap of one hand--for Solo to step aside so he could continue past him.

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 03:39:49 pm »
Despite his elder’s already ‘unusual’ antics, Absolon had not expected him to do that.  He lost his cool composure when he got poked on the nose and had a finger caress his cheek – so much for that calm and collected thing he’d been going for.  He scowled, jerking himself away with a seething glare.

He just stared for a moment; for once in his life, he wasn’t really sure how to react.  It wasn’t often that he was on the receiving end of the things that he usually did.  But when Liv gestured for him to move, Solo stood his ground.

“Is that the best you can do?” he scoffed, folding his arms over his chest in defiance.  “Hardly a flattering name but I’d expected something better from you.”  Twat.

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 04:01:22 pm »
Oh, please don't do this.  Liv had just one frozen moment, in which he felt unsure of his position of authority--unused to it.  Then he relaxed into a posture that bespoke only boredom and put a finger to Solo's chest, just above his crossed arms.  As if he were going to tip him over easily, with a touch.

"Luckily for me, I don't care what you expect.  Move your pretty ass."  He exerted a little pressure with his fingertip.  Not much, not a threat, not violent.  He didn't want to do that.  Didn't want to start something, because he didn't want to be like that.    

Three or four years ago he would have been terrified and probably about to get his face pounded in.  Now?  This guy was a twosie.  Please.  Ah, Liv-oh, you are like that, and you'd love it if this got phy-si-cal.  For fuck's sake--

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 04:10:54 pm »
Was that– did he just have a little blank moment there?  Oh, that was sweet.  Surely if he was going to try and be intimidating and attempt to call the shots, he’d be a little more in control of himself?  He’d looked almost as flummoxed by the situation as Solo himself had been earlier.  He smirked.

“You might be stages higher than me,” the Candidate said, taking a step forward against the pressure of the shorter man’s finger.  “But that doesn’t mean I’ll take shit from you.”  He watched him, subtly of course, eyeing him up for any further hints of weakness.  He couldn’t help but be a little wary; the bastard was still more experienced than him, though Solo doubted it was really doing him all that much good.

“Thank you for the compliment, though.”

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 10:11:54 pm »
No, Liv did not want to dance this dance.  He didn't like being stages higher.  In an obscure way it wasn't fair, because what was he supposed to do about it?  Well, enough.

Also.  He couldn't read Absolon, because his shields were already too good.  

And he did not like being boxed in.  It hit some sort of switch.  If he hadn't been backed into the corner between the podium and the wall, he'd have just kept flirting and making Solo feel uncomfortable, but he had no fucking patience for this.  So he twitched his shoulders straight, drew back from the younger man, and rolled his eyes.

Opened his mouth like he was about to say something.  And, very fast, stepped sideways and hooked a foot around Solo's ankles, throwing him off balance; while he stumbled, Liv squeezed past and out into the room, and spun on the balls of his feet to face him again.  

"Oh, come on, twosie-woozy."  He paused and braced one hand on his hip, shaking his head.  "It's not like I'd take shit from you."  Liv ran a hand through his hair, smoothing it into place, and wondered whether he ought to cut this off now and get out, or stay and make sure, make---um... something.  Can't we just be friends? you stupid fuck, every time you're in a room with someone.  "Shall we have apologizing time now?  The sexual favors are optional but irresistible."

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 04:08:47 am »
Solo hadn’t expected the little bugger to be quite so quick on his feet, and so when a leg shot out to trip him up, he wasn’t quite able to recover in time.  He stumbled, and an arm shot out for balance as the jerk shoved past him, but he was quick to recover his balance.  Burning with rage, but at least not face first on the floor.

He turned and glared, taking a couple steps forward again to close the distance between the two of them so he could, quite literally, look down his nose at him.  “I have nothing to apologise for, I believe you’re the one who’s sexually harassing me,” he hissed, “I normally wouldn’t mind quite so much, if only you were more to my standards.”

His fingers twitched; he was itching to just hit him.  He was tired of taking this crap, but Sulo seemed a tad eager to leave.  Absolon could work with that.

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2009, 01:10:38 am »
"Eesh.  Believe me, if I were really harassing you, you'd know it.  So angry, you are."  Liv blinked as though entirely innocent and felt momentarily--and stupidly--insulted.  Even stupid insults still hit him somewhere, that was pathetic, Sulo. "Pilot program getting you down?"

He considered the Candidate, head tilted.  It made him feel more comfortable to see others get angry, or show some reaction, anyway, particularly if they were the too-knowing bullying kind.

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 02:12:06 pm »
Solo’s upper lip curled in a sneer, and he found himself unable to hold back.  Though he wanted to stop, stare Sulo straight in the eye and say something callous and hurtful that would cut straight through him, he couldn’t.  His fingers twitched; his abilities felt like they had suddenly reached boiling point in the back of his head.

Fuck this.

He raised his hands, giving the older Candidate a forceful shove to the shoulders, the increasing pulse of his powers making it all the more forceful.  And, without a moment’s hesitation, he threw a punch, the air around his body and fist compressing and ionising in an instant.

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 02:29:49 pm »
Liv took an exaggerated stumble backwards when Solo pushed him, mocking the attempt to throw him off balance.  He spotted the shift in weight before the angry Candidate swung at him, and he had time to feel disappointed.  

Couldn't he have tried honesty?  Liv had been, like, so inviting.  And he hadn't gotten the hint, even, that attacking an eight-year Candidate was just not a good--

He bent back and away from the punch, but he hadn't expected the concussive psychic force.  It felt like an air gun had exploded in his face, and Liv took a step back and doubled over, blinking painful, watering eyes, hands clapped over his face.

"Fuck."  He shook out his fingers and screwed up his face.  Good.  He could see, though blurrily.  

One last chance to apologize.  "Oh, come on."

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 02:38:41 pm »
He resisted the urge to smirk with satisfaction when Liv stumbled backwards with tears in his eyes, but still felt a pang of irritation over the lack of fist-to-face pleasantries.  

Oh, come on.  “Is that an invitation?”

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2009, 02:43:24 pm »
Liv raised his eyebrows and relaxed, planting both hands on his hips.  He stood loosely, at ease.  If that had been the worst this twosie could do, he was fine.  He couldn't quite read Solo's expression, so he defaulted to his usual, wondering where the balance of power could possibly go from here.

"Ah, he gets it.  And here I thought I wasn't being quite the soul of subtlety."

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2009, 02:03:47 pm »
A wall of air shot out from all angles of Absolon’s body again, arms out for balance as the recoil of his power hit him hard and he struggled to brace himself against its impact.  He didn’t even have time to consider the damage it might inflict on more than just the idiot standing in front of him, but then, Absolon wouldn’t have cared even if he could control it.

Didn’t matter, not as long as he wiped the floor with the bastard’s ugly face.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal