Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Time stays, we go. [Tally~]  (Read 11666 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Time stays, we go. [Tally~]
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2014, 02:17:17 am »
Gabriel twitched, jerked his eyes back to the screen. "Huh? I'm not unrelaxed. I'm just...uh...I'm just caffeinated. Yeah."

He nodded to his soda, and set it on the coffee table. "Probably shouldn't have caffeine with a sit-down activity. Oh hey, hah! It's this part! Shhh!"

The heroine had entered the scene, and of course the hero was all smooth and witty and flirty and stuff. Man, that guy had game. Their first scene together and the chemistry was already off the charts and adorable, but of course she had to rebuke the dude, because then there wouldn't be an entire rest of the movie. Gabriel glanced at Roman again. Then back at the movie. Casually, he stretched and slid his arm over the back of the couch--and hit Roman's arm, which was already there. He jerked his arm away and felt his face heat.

"Oh. Sorry." Shit. Too obvious?
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2014, 11:19:35 pm »
"Uh huh."  Roman grabbed the soda, waggled it at Gabriel.  "Do I need to cut you off?"

Maybe joking would help the sudden awkward vibe.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2014, 11:39:06 pm »
Another time, Gabriel would have lunged for the soda, made a goofy quip, turned it into some ridiculous battle.

Right then, he just laughed nervously and scratched the side of his neck. "Haha, probably. Before I drink too much and have to pee a million times. Break the seal, y'know? Can you break the seal with soda?" Oh god, bathroom humor, why?! Redirect! Redirect! "Never mind, shhh. You're missing it."

Bringing his legs up onto the couch and tucking them to the side, he used that new position as an excuse to lean against Roman. You know. Just getting comfortable, of course.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2014, 12:08:16 am »
He gave Gabriel a long look, then sighed and turned back to the movie.  This time he settled down.  Whatever it was, it wouldn't take long for it to come out.  Gabriel never could hold anything in for long, not when it was really bothering him.

So he stayed silent, and when Gabriel nudged himself against Roman's side he let his arm fall across Gabriel's shoulders.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2014, 12:19:57 am »
Gabriel took a deep breath, slowly, through his nose. He tried to focus on the movie, because it wasn't to the right part yet, and this was all about setting the right mood, right? But with Roman's arm around his shoulders and him nestled up against him, it was hard to think. All he could think about was everything he wanted to ask, everything they needed to talk about, and how nice that felt. Warm, comfortable, and...painful.

The not knowing hurt.

And this whole thing scared him.

He couldn't take it any longer.

"Hey...Roman?" He kept his eyes fixed on the movie.

"What are we?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2014, 12:42:32 am »
Maybe it was because he'd been expecting it this time.  Maybe it was because he'd never been easy leaving things hanging in the air.  For whatever reason, he was in no mood to run from this conversation this time.

"I don't know.  Before, we were friends, colleagues..."  He shrugged.  "And now?"

It felt so strange and so comfortable at the same time, Gabriel leaning up against him like this.  They must have done this exact thing a dozen times before, but now it was different.  Now, neither of them knew what they were anymore, but that didn't make it bad necessarily.  Just unnerving.

"Whatever we want, I guess."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2014, 12:44:39 am »
"Whatever we want," Gabriel repeated, and took a deep breath. "Okay."

Tilting his head to look at Roman, he said, "And...what do you want?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2014, 01:10:31 am »
He knew what he wanted, but that wasn't the problem.  What about their careers?  Their reputations in the eyes of superiors and subordinates alike?  What if they lost even friendship as a result of this.

He turned to Gabriel finally, hand raising to thread his fingers through Gabriel's hair.

"I want...this.  I want to give this a shot, while we still can."

Because none of the answers to those questions really mattered.  What mattered is he'd almost died, and neither of them had any guarantees in this job.  He'd rather regret trying then regret doing nothing at all.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2014, 01:33:40 am »
Roman's touch answered his question before his words did, but the confirmation completed it. Gabriel let out the breath he'd been holding, and with it went all his stress and uncertainty as he relaxed against Roman, no longer a tense ball of nerves with a lead weight in his gut.

"Me too," he said, quietly. Closing his eyes, he wrapped his arms around Roman's waist and was careful not to squeeze. "I want that, too."

And then, pausing, he looked up at Roman again, before looking down at his shoulder again. "So...can we?" And then, feeling a little stupid, he pressed his face into Roman's shoulder. "Sorry. I'm just...really happy right now and I don't know what I'm doing and--okay. Does this mean we're like...I mean...are we official now? Are we like...together now? Dating? Shit. Wait. I should probably do the thing..."

Lifting his head and clearing his throat, he looked up at Roman and smiled cheekily. "Uh...wanna be my boyfriend?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2014, 02:06:56 pm »
It was stupid, but Roman was actually nervous about Gabriel's answer.  He didn't need to be, and he knew that, but Gabriel didn't keep him wondering long.  All the tension melted out of Gabriel's body an instant later.

Just like that, they were a couple.

I'm dating Gabriel.  Holy shit.

He played with Gabriel's hair and smiled back.  "Yeah.  I wanna be your boyfriend."

Holy shit.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2014, 08:08:00 pm »
Ohmygodohmygodohmygodhesaidyes.

Gabriel didn't know what to say, beyond words for once, so instead he just hugged Roman again, leaned in fast, and kissed him on the cheek. He wanted to actually kiss him, like a proper, real one, and actually doing that had been a part of of his "if he says 'yes'" plan, but halfway there he chickened out. Mentally, he kicked himself for it; it wasn't like they hadn't kissed. He'd kissed Roman during spin the bottle. And for gods' sakes, it wasn't like he hadn't licked stuff off Roman before--or, y'know, even licked his face in an immature moment.

But this was different. This wasn't trolling.

"Wow. We're actually dating." This was going to take a moment to process. And yet, at the same time, here they were. The same, and yet totally different. "Oh my gods. This means I get to take you on dates."

Offline Tally

« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2014, 09:59:19 pm »
Roman had been debating if he should get a kiss in, when Gabriel beat him to it.

"We're actually dating," he repeated, and gave that statement a few moments to linger, to sink in.  It probably wouldn't feel real for awhile.  "We're...boyfriends."

That word always sounded silly to him, but he kind of liked it.

"Y'know," he said.  "You might say we're on a date now."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2014, 10:14:33 pm »
Gabriel nodded, still equally stunned. "We're boyfriends, and we're on a date. Right now."

And then he laughed, head resting against Roman's shoulder. "Our first date. Wow. Oh, hey." He nudged Roman lightly. "Just, you know, let me know if you need to swoon or anything so I can prepare the smelling salts, okay? Because seriously, was I smooth tonight or was I smooth? Bet you didn't see it coming."

Offline Tally

« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2014, 10:34:36 pm »
He nudged Gabriel back.  "Gods yes.  My legs are all shaky.  I think you might have to carry me to bed."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2014, 10:38:01 pm »
"Aww, my poor, delicate little honeybear. Fear not! For I will be the knight to your damsel! Come! Enter my embrace!"

Leaning back from from Roman, he spread his arms wide.

Offline Tally

« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2014, 10:44:32 pm »
Roman rolled his eyes, grabbed Gabriel by the shirt, and pulled him back to him.  "Our first date and you're already ruining it.  Way to go, Tierney."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2014, 11:03:53 pm »
Laughing, Gabriel didn't resist, and cuddled right back up to Roman with an arm around his shoulders. He liked being near him, and now that he could finally get that closeness without having to justify it or pretend it was all a joke, he wanted to take full advantage. Make up for lost time.

"Ahaha, c'mon, don't act so surprised! You knew what you were signing up for, boo," he said, and trailed a hand up to thread his fingers through Roman's hair, nails lightly scratching. "I can make it better with hair pets and massages?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2014, 11:16:46 pm »
"Mm."  Roman tilted his head back.  "You can always make it better with those things."

How was it that Gabriel's fingers on his scalp felt suddenly so good now they were dating?

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2014, 11:33:20 pm »
"Always?" Gabriel asked and flashed Roman a sly grin, hand still moving through his hair. "Duly noted. Not that I'd ever take advantage of your weakness or anything. Never. Turn your back a little and I'll make you forget I said that."

Trailing his hands down to Roman's shoulders, he got to work on the knots there, movie long since forgotten.

Offline Tally

« Reply #199 on: February 03, 2014, 12:16:25 am »
"I'm actually okay with you providing massages in exchange for your fuckups."  And he was okay with ignoring the movie and letting Gabriel spoil him.

It felt amazing, and he had to stop himself from moaning again because that would have been getting a bit weird.  "You're setting a high bar to live up to for future dates I hope you know."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal